HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave75th
Banned

PostSubject: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:52 pm

By Mike Reiss
ESPN Staff Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots** quarterback Tom Brady became just the fourth player in NFL history to throw 400 touchdowns in his career, connecting with receiver Danny Amendola on a 1-yard strike with 18 seconds remaining in the second quarter of Sunday's 51-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"It was a good day," Brady said. "I think everyone enjoyed it. It was a good performance by our offense, a good team win. It was a good week of practice, and a lot of guys made plays. It was a great day out there."

The crowd broke into a chant of: "Brady! Brady! Brady!" after the scoring strike, with the team acknowledging the accomplishment on the video board with a message that read, "400 touchdown passes."

"We've had such great support here over the years," Brady said. "Like I say, I hope we can give them something to cheer about out there. We have great fans, and it was great. It was special.

"I've been a part of so many great teams and played with so many great players. I've always said, 'I don't care whether we run it in or throw it in, as long as we score points and are winning, it makes it fun for me.' I was happy. It's still early, there's a lot to improve on. We have a break here, and we come back to work and see if we can make some improvements and try to get to 4-0."

Brady added a 13-yard touchdown to Keshawn Martin in the third quarter. He finished the game 33-of-42 passing for 358 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions.

Brady remains behind Peyton Manning (533), Brett Favre (508) and Dan Marino (420). Drew Brees, who didn't play Sunday for the Saints because of a shoulder injury, is fifth with 398.

The statistics account for just the regular season. Brady also has 53 career postseason touchdown passes.

On the milestone touchdown pass, Amendola, unaware it was Brady's 400th, gave the ball away to a fan. Brady chuckled when asked about it after the game, saying: "I don't care. I've had a lot of fun ones, so Danny can do whatever he wants with it. Danny made a great catch."

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=13754350

Last edited by Dave75th on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:46 am

The ball washing is strong in this one.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:06 am

fuck tom brady

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 am

I wonder how 'great' Marcia would be if they didn't cheat?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:30 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I wonder how 'great' Marcia would be if they didn't cheat?

Patriots** fans would be talking about there greatest QB ever... Steve Grogan.

EDIT: Whoops! Never mind. They wouldn't know who the hell Steve Grogan was.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:55 am

It's rarefied air for sure.

Congrats to him, but I' m sure Brady will tell you he doesn't care about it and only cares about ring number 5.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:33 pm

@jak341 wrote:
It's rarefied air for sure.

Congrats to him, but I' m sure Brady will tell you he doesn't care about it and only cares about cheating until he gets ring number 5.

Fixed for accuracy

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:45 am

Tom Brady will forever be known as a cheater who would rather shove a cell phone up his ass then turn it over as evidence.

Fans who worship Him and post about him on other message boards are likewise willing to shove their own heads up their own ass to hide from the truth.

"Lalalala!"

. .
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:43 am

@vasteeler wrote:
fuck tom brady

I heard Kordell already has.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:22 am

@solardave wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:
fuck tom brady

I heard Kordell already has.

So that's where Brady got his Jaguar from

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady reaches 400-touchdown pass milestone   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: