HomeKnee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. Empty
PostSubject: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Steelers Xtreme posters are pretty notorious for knee-jerk reactions and valuing one player at a position over at another. Some of us are better head coaches than Tomlin. Some of us have very keen eyes for busts before they make it to training camp. If it werent for the wealth of knowledge and speculation that we build up here for Tomlin and Colbert to peruse over in their down-time our beloved franchise would have no direction in this tough business.  Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. 1797695198

I don't know if it's ever been attempted to corral this unique brand of backseat coaching that is SX's most beloved and humorous past-time, but I am attempting to do so now. Landry Jones' debut has inspired this thread. Lots of us were torn and lots of us were proven wrong (me included) for one game at least at the time this was written. Which is why I think it could be very fun to have a thread where everybodies bold predictions/roster moves/gameplans can be easily found and weighed against the future when it comes.

Will Senquez Golson be a starter week 1 of 2016?

Could Landry Jones be the heir to BB that we all anticipate we would be drafting for in the coming years?

Is James Harrison dropping into coverage so much to keep his sack total from reaching the Franchise record because hes afraid of a HOF speech?

Here's a knee jerk reaction. Since it seemed like forever since we had a kicker.. I think Chris Boswell will not miss a single field goal all season and will be automatic as fuck and everyone will praise Colbert for being some kind of genius.

So if somebody needs to be fired, benched, or whatever. Post it here.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:52 pm

If this isn't a thread for Crash, then I don't know which one is! But alas, stoopidity took over and he had to take a permacation.

- Jones will be the heir to Big Ben, because the FO won't draft another franchise QB for 25 years
- Harrison, even if he gets the sack record, won't be allowed to give a HOF speech, Commissioner Goodell will fine him and ban him from Canton
- Because you mentioned Boswell not missing, he'll miss his first FG attempt next week against the Chiefs, only to come back and hit a 53-yard game winner.
- Here's my knee-jerk reaction of the week, Vick will be released to make way for a FA Offensive Lineman (it could be Archer, but I'm going with Vick)
- Here's my bold prediction, Antonio Brown has a career day against the Chiefs
- My 2nd bold prediction, Le'Veon Bell smothers the bungals
- Final bold prediction, Ben doesn't come back until the Raiders game

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Stairway2-7
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:53 pm

I think Jones will throw 8 TDs on Sunday and will be promoted to 1st string. We will continue to win every game until we win 3 more Superbowl trophies.

FIRE BIG BEN

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Jones will beat out Big Ben and steal Ben's wife.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:17 pm

@Stairway2-7 wrote:
I think Jones will throw 8 TDs on Sunday and will be promoted to 1st string. We will continue to win every game until we win 3 more Superbowl trophies.

FIRE BIG BEN

You can't fire Big Ben Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. 1824088959

We need a suitable backup for Jones Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. 1549491426

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:38 pm

@KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Steelers Xtreme posters are pretty notorious for knee-jerk reactions and valuing one player at a position over at another. Some of us are better head coaches than Tomlin. Some of us have very keen eyes for busts before they make it to training camp. If it werent for the wealth of knowledge and speculation that we build up here for Tomlin and Colbert to peruse over in their down-time our beloved franchise would have no direction in this tough business.  Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. 1797695198

I don't know if it's ever been attempted to corral this unique brand of backseat coaching that is SX's most beloved and humorous past-time, but I am attempting to do so now. Landry Jones' debut has inspired this thread. Lots of us were torn and lots of us were proven wrong (me included) for one game at least at the time this was written. Which is why I think it could be very fun to have a thread where everybodies bold predictions/roster moves/gameplans can be easily found and weighed against the future when it comes.

Will Senquez Golson be a starter week 1 of 2016?

Could Landry Jones be the heir to BB that we all anticipate we would be drafting for in the coming years?

Is James Harrison dropping into coverage so much to keep his sack total from reaching the Franchise record because hes afraid of a HOF speech?

Here's a knee jerk reaction. Since it seemed like forever since we had a kicker.. I think Chris Boswell will not miss a single field goal all season and will be automatic as fuck and everyone will praise Colbert for being some kind of genius.

So if somebody needs to be fired, benched, or whatever. Post it here.

1. Senquez Golson will be a bust the moment Dan Orlovsky throws a TD pass against him next pre-season.

2. Landry Jones will be a bust (again) the moment he throws his first INT in the regular season.

3. James Harrison is a bust. He was cut four times in his first two seasons in the NFL.

4. Chris Boswell is a bust. I'd never heard of him before the Steelers signed him.

5. Fire Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley. Trade Ben Roethlisberger, and kill Landry Jones. Fuck.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:59 pm

Considering what looks like a Crash clone (or the troll in disguise) on an over year-old article on my site (http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2014/09/29/stop-blaming-todd-haley/) I now have plenty of material!

- Ben will be healthy, but Haley will keep him on the bench in favor of the chosen one, Landry Jones

- This is part of the Rooneys plan all along, to get rid of Ben

- Ben can go to Arizona, because Carson Palmer's contract will leave that team with no cap hit

http://steelcityunderground.com
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 9:34 pm

When a healthy BR7, the Steelers can win the AFC.

Alas, Baltimore will not be in the postseason to take out the Pats*, so... then again maybe the Steelers can't win the AFC.

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 7:57 am

You guys aren't being bold enought lol

1 - Senquez Golson will be BETTER than Darelle Revis, Richard Sherman AND Patrick Peterson COMBINED!

2 - Harrison will beat the team record for sacks but the record breaking sack will also result in a record fine.

3 - Ben returns to tie a team record with 5 picks agains the Chiefs and the Steelers still win.

4 - Since last game was a warm up, Ben then torches the Bengals, Raiders, and Browns by upping his OLD NFL record by slinging it all over the field and not handing off once for 3 straight games. He passes for over 1500 yards (yep, 500+ per game) and in one of those games sets the NFL record for TD passes in a game with 8, but in each game at least throws 6tds.

So there you go some bold and over the top predictions :)
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am

Antonio Brown starts a new streak of at least 10 catches and 100 yards in each game, to close out the season.

Cam Heyward takes the F you Goodell to a new level, painting his entire face in eye black.

A la Ohio State and Braxton Miller, Landry Jones stays in at QB, but Ben Roethlisberger is converted to a slot WR.

Dri Archer scores a game-winning touchdown on a kick return...

Brandon Boykin plays in a game... Ryan Shazier plays in more than one consecutive game!

http://steelcityunderground.com
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:31 am

@SteelCityUnderground wrote:
Antonio Brown starts a new streak of at least 10 catches and 100 yards in each game, to close out the season.

Cam Heyward takes the F you Goodell to a new level, painting his entire face in eye black.

A la Ohio State and Braxton Miller, Landry Jones stays in at QB, but Ben Roethlisberger is converted to a slot WR.

Brandon Boykin plays in a game... Ryan Shazier plays in more than one consecutive game!

Wow, that is definitely a bold prediction!

I'll one up your Boykin prediction, in said game, he returns an INT for a game winning TD!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Bold prediction?????....that's more like asking for a miracle to occur.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Ravens are gonna go 1-7 before the bye. Oh wait, that's not too bold of a prediction is it? Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:39 pm

First off Id like to say that Landry jones looked like big ben when he played last week. My prediction is now that he has notoriety he may get an offer to start somewhere before Ben retires, The Steelers will trade him for a high draft pick to go after Roethisbergers heir and bring in another scrub back up. I mean he is 26 years old and Ben will probably be starting untill hes 32 at least. I dont think he will be here when Ben retires.

We have to do anything and everything to keep as much of this young talent on the team. I don't want to see Bell, Bryant or brown (definitely) lost. We need to keep bryant especially he is probably good enough to be a number 1 wide out.

Bell and Brown will both be up for free agency after next season. The Steelers will not re-sign brown because he will ask for way to much, but we will sign Bell. The following season Bryant will be up for FA and we will give him a giant contract. Basically I predict we will part ways with a greedy Brown and re-sign Bryant who is 7 inches taller, A touch down machine and blazing fast.

also see below

thats why we keep bryant.

also Boswell will take over the starting job as place kicker and Suishum will be signed or traded to a different team.

Jarvis Jones will prove to be a bust and be benched or cut.
Archer will eventually be able to be our regular kick/ punt returner.
Shazier will end up staying healthy and have a long successful career.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:52 pm

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 pm

So if Brown is going 10 for 100 is he getting the ball enough to stay happy?
The Archer one is really good. Watch him break one in the KC game now lol
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 pm

This is exactly the kind of nonsense I was hoping for. Everything else in this thread so far is pretty plausible.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:56 pm

@Vis wrote:
Jones will beat out Big Ben and steal Ben's wife.  

And then when they buy a house together, Haley can get them a deal on cabinets and bathroom fixtures!

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:57 pm

This is exactly the kind of nonsense I was hoping for. Everything else in this thread so far is pretty plausible.

I don't know I was pretty ridiculous with saying Ben would throw for over 500+ in 3 straight games and throw at least 6tds in each one of which would set a new NFL record with 8 in a game. So mathematically that's 20td passes in 3 games at minimum lol
that's a whole lot of nonsense lol
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:04 pm

@SteelersNorth wrote:

I don't know I was pretty ridiculous with saying Ben would throw for over 500+ in 3 straight games and throw at least 6tds in each one of which would set a new NFL record with 8 in a game. So mathematically that's 20td passes in 3 games at minimum lol

Even if you took out the word "game-winning" its still statistically the most impossible thing said so far Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. 1797695198 Landry could throw 20 in 3 games. When he reveals his true form.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:09 pm

@SteelersNorth wrote:

As long as the 8 TD game is against the Bungles. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.   Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Knee-jerk reactions and Bold predictions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: