HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:36 am

I think they are where we were about 2 or 3 years ago. It may be time to reload in Baltimore.

Perhaps some of the Ravens fans here could chime in on what's wrong with their team. Regardless of what we personally feel, the NFL is a better place with the Steelers and Ravens pummeling each other in the AFC Championship Games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ravens-lose-yet-again-as-they-take-unusual-spot-among-nfl-s-worst-034405407.html
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:11 am

Let's see, where to start? The biggest issue with the Ravens is the defense, specifically the secondary. Jimmy Smith, who looked great until breaking his foot last year, has regressed. Ladarius Webb is constantly playing hurt (if he's playing at all). We have zero talent behind these two underperforming CBs. Our safeties are a bunch of nobodies.

CJ Mosely is becoming the next Ray Lewis in that he's a liability in coverage.

On offense, the O-line starters are constantly injured. When healthy, Flacco has plenty of time to throw and Forsett can find holes easily. When the patchwork line is in place, Flacco is constantly on the run and Forsett can't get going. I'm not completely sold on Trestman as he's made some calls that have left me scratching my head. And let's not forget about our first round pick Perriman who has yet to play a snap.

Overall, the theme with the Ravens this year is lack of depth.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:14 am

and they still beat us

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 am

@vasteeler wrote:
and they still beat us

At this point, I'm rooting for a 2-14 season with a sweep of the Steelers.

Play for #1 pick!

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:33 pm

@vasteeler wrote:
and they still beat us

Only because our kicker who will remain nameless somehow found the shanks on his trip from Jacksonville to Pittsburgh. Must've been a stop in Baltimore that caused it.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Me watching Ravens games this season:

Just get blown out so that I can turn the game off

Back to top Go down
teegre

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:36 pm

@JonM229

Who do you take at #1 overall?

Hargreaves (CB)?
Bosa (DE)?
Keehn (P)?

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 pm

I might actually go to the rematch this year as it is guaranteed there will be no Baltimoron attendance.

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:19 pm

I am enjoying this train wreck immensely - Harbaugh and the official team website bitching about the refs last night just adds to the good times

However, as opposed to the 2012 and 2013 Steelers not tanking the season and ending up with middle of the pack draft picks, Ozzie Newsome is rumored to be taking the (correct) approach of trading players for draft picks and racing to the bottom for a top 5 pick next year since this year's team is going nowhere

That gets the last place in the division schedule next year +' a chance to reload with a great draft

Of course the Ravens still will need an elite QB
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:16 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:

At least our QB shows up every game. What good is an elite QB who can't play?

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:37 pm

They played the cards tough, but like their entire season, they cant seem to win the close ones anymore. They didn't look like a bad team out there, just goes to show the difference between winning and losing teams can be slim.

Justin Foreskin is a beast tho
Back to top Go down
teegre

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:52 am

@teegre wrote:
@JonM229  

Hargreaves (CB)?  
Bosa (DE)?  
Keehn  (P)?  

The last one was a joke, but the first two were a serious question.

@JonM229 Who would you take at #1 overall?

Your secondary needs 2 (or 4) starters. Jalen Ramsey and Vernon Hargeaves would help.

The D-line is the "value" of the first few picks: Joey Bosa and Robert Nkemdiche.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:08 am

@teegre wrote:
@teegre wrote:
@JonM229  

Hargreaves (CB)?  
Bosa (DE)?  
Keehn  (P)?  

The last one was a joke, but the first two were a serious question.  

@JonM229  Who would you take at #1 overall?  

Your secondary needs 2 (or 4) starters.  Jalen Ramsey and Vernon Hargeaves would help.  

The D-line is the "value" of the first few picks: Joey Bosa and Robert Nkemdiche.  

I honestly don't know enough about college football to accurately answer the questions.  The amount of football I watch is pretty much just Ravens games.  My wife doesn't care for sports at all, but has recently been staying in the room while the game is on.  (Although she says that she hates when I watch football this season because it just makes me upset.)

That said, the lack of talent in the secondary is most concerning.  They need to take either a top-notch CB or safety.  I would almost prefer a safety, because they need someone who can communicate what the other players in the secondary need to do.  With a lot of the big plays that were given up, it looks like the CB was expecting safety help.

Because nobody is on the same page, Dean Pees tries to compensate by having the corners play 5-10 yards off of their man, regardless of yards to go. Can I start a "Fire Dean Pees" thread?

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 am

The Ravens can lose games on their own, they don't need the refs' help:

NFL Admits Officiating Mistake on Ravens' Opening Drive

Quote :
Baltimore Ravens guard John Urschel was flagged for an illegal formation on "Monday Night Football," but replays clearly show he signaled to the referee that he was an eligible receiver.

How did that happen? Referee Ronald Torbert was distracted, according to NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino.

"What the referee was actually doing at that moment, he was correcting a number from a foul on the previous play, and he just didn't recognize [No.] 64 signaling him," Blandino said Tuesday on NFL Network. "We didn't recognize that he reported, and that's why the penalty was called."

Brandon said Urschel did everything correctly, in terms of waving his hands over his uniform number to show he was reporting as an eligible receiver. Urschel caught a 6-yard pass to move Baltimore to the Arizona 7-yard line, but that was negated by the penalty. The Ravens settled for a field goal on the opening drive to take a 3-0 lead over the Arizona Cardinals.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:26 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:

At least our QB shows up every game. What good is an elite QB who can't play?

I can only guess it's better than your elite QB throwing gaming ending INTs in the end-zone.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 am

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:08 pm

@Lokki wrote:

What happen to throw it up and
1. Ask the referee for a roughing the passer call
2. Ask the referee for a pass interference call

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Flacco does seem to get gifted with PI calls more than anyone else I've ever seen. Even more than Manning or Brady
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:51 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Lokki wrote:

What happen to throw it up and
1. Ask the referee for a roughing the passer call
2. Ask the referee for a pass interference call

That's part of what he prays for. He prays that they either catch it, or that there is a flag.

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:22 pm

@Lokki wrote:
That's part of what he prays for.  He prays that they either catch it, or that there is a flag.  

It's a win-win situation. There's an article I read last year that pointed out that Flacco led the league in PI calls with 15 (I think the next one was Brady or Rogers at 11). They broke down all of the calls and determined that the main reason was Flacco underthrowing the receivers, causing the DBs to run into them prior to the ball getting there.

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:06 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
That's part of what he prays for.  He prays that they either catch it, or that there is a flag.  

It's a win-win situation.  There's an article I read last year that pointed out that Flacco led the league in PI calls with 15 (I think the next one was Brady or Rogers at 11).  They broke down all of the calls and determined that the main reason was Flacco underthrowing the receivers, causing the DBs to run into them prior to the ball getting there.

If that is the case, then Peyton should be leading the league in it this year. His noodle arm isn't getting the ball anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:36 am

Another Raven (WR Darren Waller) has been placed on IR.

This is why we can't have nice things

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:13 am

@JonM229 wrote:
Another Raven (WR Darren Waller) has been placed on IR.

This is why we can't have nice things

gosh......that really,really sucks........i am so sorry to read this

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:58 am

@vasteeler wrote:
sorry not sorry

Fixed for accuracy

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:41 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:
and they still beat us

At this point, I'm rooting for a 2-14 season with a sweep of the Steelers.

Play for #1 pick!

Not gonna happen. We are gonna stomp your asses next game. Prediction. 6-3 Steelers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   

Back to top Go down

Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: