HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Saw the Ravens lost Steve Smith Sr. to an ACL.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:17 am

@jak341 wrote:
Saw the Ravens lost Steve Smith Sr. to an ACL.

I'm putting the blame for this on Marc Trestman. "They have the second worst run defense in the league, so let's go pass happy on them. They'll never see that coming."

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:54 am

To all the Joe Flacco haters, he really carried the team yesterday. Not only was Steve Smith hurt, but Center Jeremy Zuttah went down with a shoulder injury. His replacement was backup Guard John Urschel. His shotgun snaps were all over the place, and Flacco handled most of them like a champ, drove the team into field goal range, and allowed Justin Tucker to do what Justin Tucker does: kick game winning field goals.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:01 am

@JonM229 wrote:
To all the Joe Flacco haters, he really carried the team yesterday.  Not only was Steve Smith hurt, but Center Jeremy Zuttah went down with a shoulder injury.  His replacement was backup Guard John Urschel.  His shotgun snaps were all over the place, and Flacco handled most of them like a champ, drove the team into field goal range, and allowed Justin Tucker to do what Justin Tucker does: kick game winning field goals.

Tucker has to be the best kicker in the NFL.

As an aside, he put 20 points up for my fantasy team. Unreal.

And it sucks for Smith Jr. That's not the way to end a career. I don't think that is the way he will want to go out. But can a 36 (37 next year) WR come back from an ACL and be effective and productive?
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:15 am

@jak341 wrote:
Tucker has to be the best kicker in the NFL.

As an aside, he put 20 points up for my fantasy team. Unreal.

The Ravens have been very lucky (for the most part) with accurate kickers.  We had Matt Stover (one of the few long holdouts from the Browns) for many years.

I think the only kick under 50 yards that Tucker missed was the one at Arizona when the field tried to eat him.

His entire foot sinks below field level.  It's like trying to play at Three Rivers. Get your shit together, Arizona!!

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:16 am

@jak341 wrote:
And it sucks for Smith Jr. That's not the way to end a career. I don't think that is the way he will want to go out. But can a 36 (37 next year) WR come back from an ACL and be effective and productive?

If I've learned one thing about Steve Smith during his time in Baltimore, it's that nothing motivates him more than spite. If he decides to come back, he'll be just as motivated as he was (if not more) than he was after the Panthers cast him off.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 am

Tucker also has the best dance moves out of any kicker in the league

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:55 am

@JonM229 wrote:
Tucker also has the best dance moves out of any kicker in the league

He better be careful, Baltimore don't need him pulling a Grammatica.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 am

@stlrtruck wrote:

Mistake #1

Celebrating a 1st quarter field goal as if you just kicked the game winner in the Super Bowl

Mistake #2

The running jump puts lateral pressure on the knee, causing the tear. Knees are made to absorb vertical pressure. Jumping straight up and down should be relatively harmless.

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:45 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

Mistake #1

Celebrating a 1st quarter field goal as if you just kicked the game winner in the Super Bowl

Mistake #2

The running jump puts lateral pressure on the knee, causing the tear.  Knees are made to absorb vertical pressure.  Jumping straight up and down should be relatively harmless.

Just go with the ass slap. Completely harmless.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Just go with the ass slap. Completely harmless.  

I dunno, sometimes they can get a little carried away

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:14 pm

The Ravens are now tied with the Browns, hey don't laugh, that's progress
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:48 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
The Ravens are now tied with the Browns, hey don't laugh, that's progress

Yeah, but they own the head-to-head tiebreaker

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Ravens believe they can win out (and they're not joking)

So, what's standing in the Ravens' way? With Steve Smith Sr. out for the season, Baltimore doesn't have a receiver with more than 25 catches this season. The defense has given up too many big plays and has allowed the fifth-most points in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/23304/ravens-believe-they-can-win-out-and-theyre-not-joking

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:48 am

The Browns are now in the basement of the division!

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:21 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
The Browns are now in the basement of the division!

until you guys lose to Jax

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 am

More bad news:

Sources: TE Dennis Pitta Advised by Doctors to Not Continue Career

Quote :
Doctors have advised Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta that it is not safe for him to resume his NFL career after two major hip operations, league sources told ESPN.

Pitta still has the ability to override the doctors' recommendations, according to sources, and continue his push to return to the Ravens, who must decide by 1 p.m. ET on Wednesday whether they will activate him from the Physically Unable to Perform list or end his season.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh has left the decision to Pitta, trusting he will make the prudent choice, sources told ESPN. If Pitta opts to play, Harbaugh is prepared to place him on the roster and use him, according to sources.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
until you guys lose to Jax

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:18 pm

The Ravens practice for their next regular season win.

Good thing they have some time to practice.  

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:20 pm

We talk all the shit about the ravens as we want but if they end up sweeping us this reason it will be kind of foolish looking

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:42 am

@JonM229 wrote:
More bad news:

Sources: TE Dennis Pitta Advised by Doctors to Not Continue Career

Quote :
Doctors have advised Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta that it is not safe for him to resume his NFL career after two major hip operations, league sources told ESPN.

Pitta still has the ability to override the doctors' recommendations, according to sources, and continue his push to return to the Ravens, who must decide by 1 p.m. ET on Wednesday whether they will activate him from the Physically Unable to Perform list or end his season.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh has left the decision to Pitta, trusting he will make the prudent choice, sources told ESPN. If Pitta opts to play, Harbaugh is prepared to place him on the roster and use him, according to sources.

Ouch. Really sorry about that. That bad m'fer was a big reason you won the SB a few years back.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:09 am

@The_Joker wrote:
Ouch. Really sorry about that. That bad m'fer was a big reason you won the SB a few years back.

He provided a great red zone threat in addition to Boldin. Pitta also caught a third and long pass on the same drive that lead to the Mile High Miracle to Jacoby Jones. It's just too bad that Mike Tomlin wasn't at the game to keep Jones from getting into the end zone.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Wow, what a loss...

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:52 pm

its almost sad to see the ravens in their current state, losing to the jagoffs is as bad as it gets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   

Back to top Go down

Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: