HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:15 pm

I keep watching the games knowing how they're going to end. I'm a glutton for punishment.

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:16 am


_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Drizztbob

avatar

Posts : 1224
Likes : 150
Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:45 am

That penalty was insane...

_________________
Win, Lose, or Tie, I'm a Steeler fan until I DIE!!!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:20 pm


_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:07 pm

I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:34 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194



And Ray Rice.

_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 pm

@ImperialFan wrote:
We talk all the shit about the ravens as we want but if they end up sweeping us this reason it will be kind of foolish looking

One season (1994), Washington was 3-13... but, beat Dallas twice. Dallas won the SuperBowl that season.


I'll take the verbal abuse from Jon, if it means #7.

.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:54 am

@teegre wrote:
I'll take the verbal abuse from Jon, if it means #7.  

.

Or you could just punch him in the throat. You have my blessing.

_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1765
Likes : 484
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:15 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194


And to think I was upset when the Steelers didn't draft him. I thought for sure Mt. Cody was going to be a stud NT.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:36 am

@jak341 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194


And to think I was upset when the Steelers didn't draft him. I thought for sure Mt. Cody was going to be a stud NT.

He was pretty useless throughout his tenure. Just a fat tub of shit.

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 638
Likes : 523
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:56 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194


And to think I was upset when the Steelers didn't draft him. I thought for sure Mt. Cody was going to be a stud NT.

He was pretty useless throughout his tenure.  Just a fat tub of shit.

Kind of like Buddha, here?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:13 am

Coach Harbaugh now invoking the spirit of Gladiator to motivate the team

Harbaugh insisted his players won't unravel in Baltimore's worst start since 2005 because they will all hold firm together. To illustrate his point, he cited a scene in the Academy Award-winning movie "Gladiator."

"When they all go shield to shield and shoulder to shoulder, and they’re in the square … that’s how you handle tough times as a family," Harbaugh said. "That’s how you handle tough times as a team or as an organization, and that’s what we will do."


http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/188335/john-harbaugh-goes-gladiator-in-his-belief-that-struggling-ravens-will-stick-together

Ed B of the P-G notes that a coach previously quoting inspirational passages from that movie did not end well

He should hope it turns out better than it did for Tomlin back in ’09. The Steelers were riding a three-game losing streak and were 6-5 as reigning Super Bowl champs when he unleashed those words.

Here is the whole quote from that press conference:

"We will unleash hell here in December because we have to. We won't go in a shell. We'll go into attack mode, because that's what's required."

Duly inspired the Steelers stretched their losing streak to five games by dropping their first two in December, at home to Bruce Gradkowski’s Oakland Raiders and then at Cleveland.


http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/11/18/Strange-Doings-Around-AFC-North/stories/201511180001
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:34 am

@Lokki wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
He was pretty useless throughout his tenure.  Just a fat tub of shit.

Kind of like Buddha, here?

You know, I was tempted to end my post with, "No offense, Buddha" but decided against it. Glad to see someone else picking up my slack.

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:52 am

NFL Not Expected to Suspend Officials for Error

Quote :
The NFL is not expected to issue any suspensions for the officiating crew whose mistake marred the end of Sunday's game between the Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.

On Monday, the league acknowledged that referee Pete Morelli's crew should have called a false start on the final play from scrimmage, a penalty that would have forced a 10-second runoff and ended the game with a 20-19 Ravens victory. Instead, the Jaguars kicked a field goal to win 22-20.

The error will be reflected in the crew's weekly evaluation by the NFL office. But it isn't expected to lead to the kind of discipline that took place last month, when another member of Morelli's crew was suspended one week after an 18-second runoff on the game clock. Side judge Rob Vernatchi was singled out because his error -- a failure to notice that the clock continued to run after a touchback -- was administrative, rather than a matter of judgment.

Vernatchi's suspension was highly unusual and is likely to remain that way. Mistakes in judgment are part of officiating, and the NFL does not plan to make them subject to suspension.

On the other hand, the league does reassign officials among crews from time to time, as it did last month, after back judge Greg Wilson missed an illegal bat call at the end of a Monday Night Football game between the Detroit Lions and Seattle Seahawks. The following week, Wilson was reassigned to a lower-profile game.

It's possible a member of Morelli's crew could be reassigned for Week 11, but the league does not confirm its full crews until the day of games.

A spokesman said Tuesday night that the league would have no further comment on the matter.

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Stryker

avatar

Posts : 134
Likes : 68
Join date : 2015-11-16
Location : Outer Mongolia

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Officials miss and make bad calls, I agree its part of the game and they shouldn't necessarily be blamed unless its consistent enough to warrant some kind of punishment.

The issue I have with fans are those who blame the officials that caused their team to lose the game. You have 60 minutes to decisively win against your opponent and not depend on seconds at the end. I understand a lot of games come down to the wire and every second is crucial in the 4th quarter, but I find it strange to get angry at an official goof up then get angry at your team's performance for the entire game.

_________________


"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1765
Likes : 484
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:48 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
NFL Not Expected to Suspend Officials for Error

Quote :
The NFL is not expected to issue any suspensions for the officiating crew whose mistake marred the end of Sunday's game between the Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.

On Monday, the league acknowledged that referee Pete Morelli's crew should have called a false start on the final play from scrimmage, a penalty that would have forced a 10-second runoff and ended the game with a 20-19 Ravens victory. Instead, the Jaguars kicked a field goal to win 22-20.

The error will be reflected in the crew's weekly evaluation by the NFL office. But it isn't expected to lead to the kind of discipline that took place last month, when another member of Morelli's crew was suspended one week after an 18-second runoff on the game clock. Side judge Rob Vernatchi was singled out because his error -- a failure to notice that the clock continued to run after a touchback -- was administrative, rather than a matter of judgment.

Vernatchi's suspension was highly unusual and is likely to remain that way. Mistakes in judgment are part of officiating, and the NFL does not plan to make them subject to suspension.

On the other hand, the league does reassign officials among crews from time to time, as it did last month, after back judge Greg Wilson missed an illegal bat call at the end of a Monday Night Football game between the Detroit Lions and Seattle Seahawks. The following week, Wilson was reassigned to a lower-profile game.

It's possible a member of Morelli's crew could be reassigned for Week 11, but the league does not confirm its full crews until the day of games.

A spokesman said Tuesday night that the league would have no further comment on the matter.

That's not right. I don't think going back and awarding Baltimore the game is the answer, but the mistake DID cost them the game. Yes, all of the game play let up to that singular event, but the Refs directly influenced the game outcome on that single call.

As bad is it sounds, Baltimore isn't going anywhere anyway. The loss may be the difference between a 9 pick and a 12 pick in the draft.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11057
Likes : 747
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
NFL Not Expected to Suspend Officials for Error

Quote :
The NFL is not expected to issue any suspensions for the officiating crew whose mistake marred the end of Sunday's game between the Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.

On Monday, the league acknowledged that referee Pete Morelli's crew should have called a false start on the final play from scrimmage, a penalty that would have forced a 10-second runoff and ended the game with a 20-19 Ravens victory. Instead, the Jaguars kicked a field goal to win 22-20.

The error will be reflected in the crew's weekly evaluation by the NFL office. But it isn't expected to lead to the kind of discipline that took place last month, when another member of Morelli's crew was suspended one week after an 18-second runoff on the game clock. Side judge Rob Vernatchi was singled out because his error -- a failure to notice that the clock continued to run after a touchback -- was administrative, rather than a matter of judgment.

Vernatchi's suspension was highly unusual and is likely to remain that way. Mistakes in judgment are part of officiating, and the NFL does not plan to make them subject to suspension.

On the other hand, the league does reassign officials among crews from time to time, as it did last month, after back judge Greg Wilson missed an illegal bat call at the end of a Monday Night Football game between the Detroit Lions and Seattle Seahawks. The following week, Wilson was reassigned to a lower-profile game.

It's possible a member of Morelli's crew could be reassigned for Week 11, but the league does not confirm its full crews until the day of games.

A spokesman said Tuesday night that the league would have no further comment on the matter.

That's not right. I don't think going back and awarding Baltimore the game is the answer, but the mistake DID cost them the game. Yes, all of the game play let up to that singular event, but the Refs directly influenced the game outcome on that single call.

As bad is it sounds, Baltimore isn't going anywhere anyway. The loss may be the difference between a 9 pick and a 12 pick in the draft.

The same could be said for any missed or bad call in a game at any time. Think about the missed pass interference in the 2nd quarter, which resulted in a FG instead of a TD, then the team loses by 1.

Bad calls are part of the game. It is the human element, and while we would prefer the refs be better, that's not going to happen until the NFL hires full time officials and offer constant teaching on the rules, especially ones that are repeatedly mis-interpreted or missed.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1765
Likes : 484
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Since we are on the subject: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/critical-nfl-refereeing-mistakes-continue-to-hurt-league--but-solution-is-within-its-grasp-004833650.html

It's an interesting thought, but I don't know how workable it is.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:26 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194


And to think I was upset when the Steelers didn't draft him. I thought for sure Mt. Cody was going to be a stud NT.

He was pretty useless throughout his tenure.  Just a fat tub of shit.

Kind of like Buddha, here?






_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 638
Likes : 523
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:03 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194


And to think I was upset when the Steelers didn't draft him. I thought for sure Mt. Cody was going to be a stud NT.

He was pretty useless throughout his tenure.  Just a fat tub of shit.

Kind of like Buddha, here?







_________________
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 638
Likes : 523
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:04 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
He was pretty useless throughout his tenure.  Just a fat tub of shit.

Kind of like Buddha, here?

You know, I was tempted to end my post with, "No offense, Buddha" but decided against it.  Glad to see someone else picking up my slack.

I'm here for you.. to pick up your slack. You know, kind of like those PI flags that your elite QB gets all of the time because he can't get the ball to his receivers. Twisted Evil

_________________
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:08 pm

@Lokki wrote:
I'm here for you.. to pick up your slack.  You know, kind of like those PI flags that your elite QB gets all of the time because he can't get the ball to his receivers.  Twisted Evil

ESPN looked into this last season (when Flacco was 2nd in PI calls) and most of the flags were due to Flacco underthrowing his receivers. The WRs would slow down and the CBs were running into them.

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:40 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
I'm here for you.. to pick up your slack.  You know, kind of like those PI flags that your elite QB gets all of the time because he can't get the ball to his receivers.  Twisted Evil

ESPN looked into this last season (when Flacco was 2nd in PI calls) and most of the flags were due to Flacco underthrowing his receivers.  The WRs would slow down and the CBs were running into them.

Maybe it's his grip? He should really think about training with Tom Brady in the off-season.

_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:32 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
I'm here for you.. to pick up your slack.  You know, kind of like those PI flags that your elite QB gets all of the time because he can't get the ball to his receivers.  Twisted Evil

ESPN looked into this last season (when Flacco was 2nd in PI calls) and most of the flags were due to Flacco underthrowing his receivers.  The WRs would slow down and the CBs were running into them.

Maybe it's his grip? He should really think about training with Tom Brady in the off-season.

Come for the cheating training .... stay for the fashion advice

Tom Brady graces cover of GQ's Men of the Year issue



http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-Patriots*/post/_/id/4787641/tom-brady-graces-cover-of-gqs-men-of-year-issue-avoids-deflategate-talk
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

avatar

Posts : 2443
Likes : 1840
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:13 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I guess these sorts of losses are what happens to your team when you cut high character team leaders like Terrence Cody

Ex-Raven Terrence Cody Found Guilty Of Animal Abuse Charges, Possessing An Alligator

http://deadspin.com/ex-raven-terrence-cody-found-guilty-of-animal-cruelty-c-1743057194


And to think I was upset when the Steelers didn't draft him. I thought for sure Mt. Cody was going to be a stud NT.

He was pretty useless throughout his tenure.  Just a fat tub of shit.

Kind of like Buddha, here?








_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL   

Back to top Go down
 
Ravens one of the worst teams in the NFL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: