HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Jameis Winston Is Horrible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

PostSubject: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:13 pm

For the first time I am watching Jameis Winston on TNF, and this guy is horrible. He's been over throwing people all night, his throws are wild! way off! this kid is horrible! I know he's a rookie but damn I'm used to seeing big ben hit people right between the numbers with darts and this guy is 5-6 feet high or 2-4 feet off horizontally with his throws.

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:18 am

@ImperialFan wrote:
For the first time I am watching Jameis Winston on TNF, and this guy is horrible. He's been over throwing people all night, his throws are wild! way off! this kid is horrible! I know he's a rookie but damn I'm used to seeing big ben hit people right between the numbers with darts and this guy is 5-6 feet high or 2-4 feet off horizontally with his throws.

He threw for over 350yds, and that was despite getting beat up by Aaron Donald and the Rams defensive line all night. I thought this kid was going to be a bust, with character issues but it turns out he's been a pretty good leader by all accounts, and he's played better than anyone expected him to this season to the point it's really between him and Todd Gurley for the Rookie of the Year honors.

If his offensive line had played better last night he would've been better, he's young, and was hurrying some of his throws. To say he sucked though, far from it.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:31 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@ImperialFan wrote:

He threw for over 350yds, and that was despite getting beat up by Aaron Donald and the Rams defensive line all night. I thought this kid was going to be a bust, with character issues but it turns out he's been a pretty good leader by all accounts, and he's played better than anyone expected him to this season to the point it's really between him and Todd Gurley for the Rookie of the Year honors.

If his offensive line had played better last night he would've been better, he's young, and was hurrying some of his throws. To say he sucked though, far from it.

Are you really expecting @ImperialFan to make a nuanced football observation?

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 am

Being in Tampa, you get to see a lot more. What you saw last night was not like anything he's shown in other games this year. Being a rookie, and considering what the Bucs had in the QB position the last few years, Winston is doing ok.

He's also shown signs of maturity (off the field) and leadership (on the field).

I think you'll see Winston being in the top 10 QB list in the few years to come, and possibly in the top 5.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:54 am

He's good for a rookie QB, you can't start comparing him to a top 5 quarterback just yet, that ain't fair.

Not everyone is BB and that's a good thing
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Imp buddy, I love ya... but shuddup.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:37 pm

well remember you heard it here first. Just like you did with golson! shows up to camp with a broken shoulder. psch.

Mariota> winston

I realize he was under a lot of pressure all night and this is the first time I've really paid attention to him. But still, he looked horrible last night.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:39 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@ImperialFan wrote:

Its not uncommon for a QB to throw for a lot of yards when they are playing from behind the whole game. Means nothing.

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:29 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@ImperialFan wrote:

Are you really expecting @ImperialFan to make a nuanced football observation?

Really? I seem to be doing quite well with my pig skin pick em picks again this year, after winning last year.

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:58 am

@ImperialFan wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@ImperialFan wrote:

Its not uncommon for a QB to throw for a lot of yards when they are playing from behind the whole game. Means nothing.

Actually it means quite a lot. Because when you're in obvious passing situations the defense knows exactly what you're going to do every down. Like I was saying before, he played extremely well for being under pressure all game long. Aaron Donald was owning the Bucs' offensive line, and was hitting, sacking, and pressuring Winston all night. Winston still stood in there and made some pretty nice throws despite that fact, and kept the Bucs at least in contention. If this had been Josh Freeman, or McCown or one of the other perennial backups that Tampa Bay has employed as starters at the Quarterback position they'd of gotten rolled over and blown out. You also need to look at the bigger picture, this kid is a rookie. He's going to make mistakes, and honestly I found his mistakes to be quite minimal given the circumstances. If his offensive line had done a better job, and the defense had actually held up against one of the worst offenses in the league, then they probably would have won this game. They let the likes of Case Keenum, Tavon Austin, and Kenny Britt beat them which is sad considering they were able to keep Gurley fairly in check.

Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:02 am

I think he's shown plenty. He could regress but all the signs are that he's no bust.

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:16 am

@Vis wrote:
I think he's shown plenty.  He could regress but all the signs are that he's no bust.  

What do you know? Have you ever even won a Pigskin Pick 'Em?

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:05 am

In fairness, if I had to wear the ridiculous uniform Winston had to wear on Thursday, I'm not so sure I'd feel like a pro QB either.

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:31 pm

@ImperialFan wrote:

Other than highlights, I haven't seen Winston play, so I don't have an opinion one way or the other. What I do know though is that every QB has bad games, especially rookies. There have been games where Ben has looked like total crap. If all you saw was one of those games, you'd think that Ben sucks as well. You can't judge a player on one game (or even a few games), especially a rookie on a bad team. In Peyton Manning's rookie season, he threw 26 TDs (the fewest of his career) and 28 INTs (the most of his career). He also threw for the fewest yards of his career during his rookie season. I'm sure there were fans who thought Manning was horrible.

@FanSince72 wrote:
In fairness, if I had to wear the ridiculous uniform Winston had to wear on Thursday, I'm not so sure I'd feel like a pro QB either.

Ben LOL

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Yeah I'm probably being to hard on him after only seeing him once. I've seen some highlights where he looked good.

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:32 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Vis wrote:
I think he's shown plenty.  He could regress but all the signs are that he's no bust.  

What do you know? Have you ever even won a Pigskin Pick 'Em?

Lmfao

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:02 am

I think that both Mariota and Winston will be future top 10 qbs. Before the season I expected one of them to be a bust, but now I think that won't be the case.
Back to top Go down
fer69

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Robert griffin the III part 2

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:46 am

I will be surprised is Winston ends up being anything more than Josh Freeman.

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:37 am

@fer69 wrote:
Robert griffin the III part 2

Robert Griffin sucked once NFL defenses adjusted to the read-option crap. Jameis Winston is running a Pro-Style offense in Tampa. He's also better at standing in the pocket, progressing through his reads, and making throws with pressure in his face than RGIII ever was. RGIII and Colin Kaepernick are gimmick quarterbacks that are better making plays with their legs than they are throwing the ball. Jameis Winston is more of a true dual threat at his position.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jameis Winston Is Horrible   

Back to top Go down

Jameis Winston Is Horrible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: