HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

OBJ goes off

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

PostSubject: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:47 am

WTF is he thinking?

I'd end his year.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:48 am

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:53 am

Mike and Mike say 1 game suspension likely

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:54 am

@Vis wrote:
Mike and Mike say 1 game suspension likely

I saw that and I agree.

I even agree with Greenie that maybe the refs should be fined or demoted in some way because they totally lost control of that game.

I just don't understand what happened to OBJ.
He was acting like a computer with a corrupted Operating System.

(I just hope he's not running Windows 'cause then he'll never get it fixed...)

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:58 am

I was bewildered by what I saw with him.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:24 am

Anywhere else and that cheap shit is assault brotha. He needs to sit a game and chill the fuck out.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:01 am

that was a weak shot though, dude is soft. he needs to study up on hines ward if he wants to know how to really take someone out lol
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:19 am

His actions were well beyond unsportsmanlike.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:45 am

I am certain Head & Shoulders is thrilled that Beckham has replaced a class act like Troy as their spokesman

I guess Vontaze Burfict was unavailable

But of course it makes perfect sense to give a big endorsement deal to a player based on little more than someone who plays in New York making a great catch in a regular season game
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:37 pm

James Harrison is going to be suspended for the rest of the year and fined because of this. Anyhow jokes aside. Beckham acted like a total hot head.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Confirmed, he is getting suspended 1 game per bleacher report.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:13 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
that was a weak shot though, dude is soft. he needs to study up on hines ward if he wants to know how to really take someone out lol

Ward was to good for the league. People think he was dirty but he got all his hits in between the whistles, and never aimed for the head or knees of his opponents. The only thing left for defensive players to do was call him dirty, it was that or admit a WR was knocking their ass around.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:35 am

Was Beckham provoked by anti-gay slurs?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 22, 2015

The notion that Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr., who went after Panthers cornerback Josh Norman repeatedly on Sunday, was provoked by the presence of a baseball bat on the field before the game is laughable. Another potential explanation that emerged on Monday is far more serious.

Ian O’Connor of ESPN.com reported on Monday that Giants players “heard Panthers defensive players direct anti-gay slurs and expletives at Beckham before the game,” which is believed to have set the confrontational tone of the game.

In an appearance with Stephen A. Smith of SiriusXM Mad Dog Radio, Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders corroborated the notion that Panthers players hurled personal insults at Beckham.

“Then you start talking about his hairstyle,” Sanders said. “Then you start talking about his sexuality. So now when you’re talking about things like that of that nature, it goes way off the field into something because now this is personal.”

Flashes of homophobia emerged after the game. Said Panthers cornerback Cortland Finnegan, via Black & Blue Review: “Maybe it’s in his blood. Maybe it’s female-related.” Likewise, Norman called Beckham a “bitch” and a “ballerina.”

“You’re going to be Michael Jackson and go around and dancing and playing and a lot of other stuff and not be a football player and not train the way you’re supposed to train,” Norman said. “It goes to show. I hope I pulled that mask off. I pulled back the face of what that dude really is.”

If guys like Finnegan and Norman are willing to offer up such thinly-veiled assessments of femininity and sexuality when talking publicly about Beckham, would it be a shock to learn they used anti-gay slurs toward Beckham when they thought their words weren’t being recorded?

Given the number of cameras and microphones present on and around a football field before, during, and after a game, the NFL should fully investigate whether and to what extent slurs were directed to Beckham. While it doesn’t begin to excuse Beckham’s behavior, the NFL should want to know if things like this are happening — and the NFL should be taking meaningful steps to eradicate it from the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/was-beckham-provoked-by-anti-gay-slurs/

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:53 am

Honestly I can't say that I blame him. He's young, and the media sports hype machine put an incredible amount of pressure on both him, and Josh Norman. They hyped this matchup up for weeks, and ramped it up in the days leading up to the game. Then when gametime came, they were both fighting it out. I don't condone the actions of either player, but I can't say that I really blame OBJ that much considering Josh Norman has one of the biggest mouths in football. Norman likes to run his mouth, and dish it out via physical play, but when OBJ gave him the physical play right back, Norman didn't like getting a taste of his own medicine and was acting just as childish as OBJ was.

That earhole hit was targeting, and I believe a suspension is warranted, but what pisses me off the most about this situation is that a guy like Vontaze Burfict who has a history of shitty behavior, and dirty play gets a slap on the wrist fine for his actions throughout the Steelers-Bengals game including a below the knees dive at Ben Roethlisberger... But a guy like OBJ who really had no history prior to this game of this kind of behavior gets an instant suspension. The NFL needs to be more consistent in their enforcement of rules. If you're going to suspend one guy for an illegal hit, then you need to follow through with other players, especially the ones that have a history of dirty play.

At the end of the day though, Josh Norman is a big mouthed, egocentric piece of shit, and I enjoyed watching him get blasted right in that big mouth of his. Not saying what OBJ did was right, and the suspension I believe was warranted, but I see why he did it.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:29 am

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000607392/Marcus-Ball-walks-up-to-Odell-with-baseball-bat

Interesting.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:36 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000607392/Marcus-Ball-walks-up-to-Odell-with-baseball-bat

Interesting.

Why would anyone be carrying a baseball bat on the field?

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:23 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Interesting.

Panthers spokesman Steven Drummond... said the bat tradition is "nothing new.''
The Panthers have carried bats onto the field during pregame warm-ups throughout the season.
The bats are meant to symbolize home-run plays and "bringing the wood."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14416271/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-irked-carolina-panthers-bat-stunt

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:25 am

BTW, if someone is suspended from their job but still gets paid...isn't that called a vacation?

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:55 am

@FanSince72 wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Interesting.

The Panthers have carried bats onto the field during pregame warm-ups throughout the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14416271/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-irked-carolina-panthers-bat-stunt

I wonder if it's also tradition to threaten opposing players with said bat. It's meant to symbolize aggravated assault.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:16 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@FanSince72 wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Interesting.

I wonder if it's also tradition to threaten opposing players with said bat.  It's meant to symbolize aggravated assault.

I look at it as being similar to a guy at a golf course holding a golf club in his hand and then getting into a heated argument with someone.

If during the argument he raises his hands (and thus also raises the golf club), is he guilty of threatening someone?
Even if he pointed the club at that person during the argument, is he menacing that person or was he doing so simply to emphasize his point?

As a golfer I've been in many situations where, while holding a club in my hand, a ball hit by someone from another fairway lands near me and I turn to where the ball came from and I raise my arms (along with the club) in a "WTF?" gesture.

Am I threatening someone or am I simply expressing bewilderment that someone didn't yell "Fore" or even "Heads up!"?

I don't think anyone can draw any conclusions about baseball bats or intentions without having been there at that moment to see what actually transpired.

In my opinion, this seems more like the media are trying to make a story out of something that isn't a story at all.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:22 pm

they call it golf cause all the other 4 letter words were taken
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:28 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
they call it golf cause all the other 4 letter words were taken

I've often referred to it as "Oh shit!"

I don't think there's another sport in the world that will cause otherwise decent people to preface more exclamatory comments with the word "Mother" -- than golf.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:55 pm

@FanSince72 wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@FanSince72 wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Interesting.

I wonder if it's also tradition to threaten opposing players with said bat.  It's meant to symbolize aggravated assault.

I look at it as being similar to a guy at a golf course holding a golf club in his hand and then getting into a heated argument with someone.

If during the argument he raises his hands (and thus also raises the golf club), is he guilty of threatening someone?
Even if he pointed the club at that person during the argument, is he menacing that person or was he doing so simply to emphasize his point?

As a golfer I've been in many situations where, while holding a club in my hand, a ball hit by someone from another fairway lands near me and I turn to where the ball came from and I raise my arms (along with the club) in a "WTF?" gesture.

Am I threatening someone or am I simply expressing bewilderment that someone didn't yell "Fore" or even "Heads up!"?

I don't think anyone can draw any conclusions about baseball bats or intentions without having been there at that moment to see what actually transpired.

In my opinion, this seems more like the media are trying to make a story out of something that isn't a story at all.

how about if you have that same golf club on the court at a basketball game. it completely changes the context and gives the club a new meaning

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:21 pm

@harrison'samonster wrote:
@FanSince72 wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@FanSince72 wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Interesting.

how about if you have that same golf club on the court at a basketball game.  it completely changes the context and gives the club a new meaning

True, but if you look at the context in the case of the Panthers, you'd see that the bats were there all along and was a sort of juju for them - a good luck charm, if you will.

They brought them out during pregame and many players held them.
So if someone holding a bat began to argue with an opposing player, the bat simply goes along for the ride (like the golf club).

Do the bats make sense to casual fans?
Who knows?

But to Panther fans they mean something and that's just one of the many weird things about sports.

Also, if the bats are there to menace, how come no other team has said anything about them?
I think Odell is grasping at whatever he can to somehow help to explain an otherwise inexplicable meltdown.

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:28 pm

@FanSince72 wrote:

True, but if you look at the context in the case of the Panthers, you'd see that the bats were there all along and was a sort of juju for them - a good luck charm, if you will.

They brought them out during pregame and many players held them.  
So if someone holding a bat began to argue with an opposing player, the bat simply goes along for the ride (like the golf club).

Do the bats make sense to casual fans?
Who knows?

But to Panther fans they mean something and that's just one of the many weird things about sports.

Also, if the bats are there to menace, how come no other team has said anything about them?
I think Odell is grasping at whatever he can to somehow help to explain an otherwise inexplicable meltdown.

you make good points like always, but I would think the NFL should do something about bats being on the field. Even in the case of something being positive, in the wrong situation it becomes a threatening weapon in the eyes of the other person.

for example, what if somebody came up and tapped on my window in a dark parking lot because they needed help changing a tire. It can be a tense enough situation, but add to that the person is holding a tire iron.

It would be funny for the next team to play the Panthers to carry machete's onto the field as being symbolic of neutering the cats

PostSubject: Re: OBJ goes off   

Back to top Go down

OBJ goes off
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: