HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Chip Kelly Fired

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Chip Kelly Fired   Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:41 pm

The Philadelphia Eagles announced they have released head coach Chip Kelly.

"We appreciate all the contributions that Chip Kelly made and wish him every success going forward," owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement released by the team on Tuesday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14462075/chip-kelly-released-philadelphia-eagles

Did not even make it to the traditional day after the end of the regular season termination date

Tonight Brandon Boykin and LeSean McCoy are saying "I told you so"
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chip Kelly Fired   Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Holy crap, this is shocking. I mean, I think it's the right move, but the severed him very quickly after such a huge investment.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Chip Kelly Fired   Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:11 pm

I woulda fired him for trading McCoy, seriously how stupid do you get?
Back to top Go down
fer69

PostSubject: Re: Chip Kelly Fired   Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Tomlin you're next!!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Chip Kelly Fired   Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:24 am

Titans can now get Chip Kelly without compensation

Posted by Mike Florio on December 29, 2015

Of all the various potential hypotheticals regarding the future of Eagles coach Chip Kelly, he never had been asked by the media about becoming the coach of the Tennessee Titans.

Now, Kelly has a clear path to Nashville, if he wants it. And if the Titans want him.

With Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie doing on Tuesday night what many national media members had said Lurie wouldn’t do, Kelly is now a free agent, able to be pursued and hired by the Titans or any other team. And the Titans continue to make the most sense, especially since they don’t have to give up a thing to get him.

With the Titans, Kelly would be reunited with quarterback Marcus Mariota, whom Kelly recruited to Oregon. Last year at this time, Kelly was raving about Mariota, technically in violation of league rules because he hadn’t been certified to enter the draft with remaining eligibility. Kelly then tried to trade up to get Mariota, but the Titans wanted too much.

Now, the Titans can have the coach who runs the system for which Mariota is a perfect fit.

While this year’s struggles could make the Titans leery about Kelly, he gives them something they’ve lacked for years: Relevance. And he could help give them wins.

Consider this — Kelly was viable in Philly despite a revolving door of mediocre quarterbacks, from Mike Vick to Nick Foles to Mark Sanchez to Sam Bradford. Despite not having consistently strong play at the most important position on the field, the Eagles won 10 games in 2013 and 10 more in 2014. With Mariota as the centerpiece of the team, things could turn around quickly under Kelly in Tennessee.

Much will surely come out about why Lurie decided to move on. Maybe Kelly tried to make another power play. Maybe Lurie told Kelly that, if he’s not the G.M., Lurie will hire one. Or maybe Kelly simply wanted out and figured out how to do it without putting the Titans in position to have to compensate the Eagles.

Regardless, if Chuck Pagano is going to be a commodity in the coming coaching carousel, Chip Kelly will be, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/29/titans-can-now-get-chip-kelly-without-compensation/

PostSubject: Re: Chip Kelly Fired   Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:28 am

Why the hell would anyone want that guy as their coach in the NFL after the things he pulled in Philly? I think Chip Kelly is a good college coach, but he's not well equipped for dealing with grown men, making millions of dollars, that have giant egos to match. Control freaks like Kelly never seem to really pan out in the NFL, it's the guys that can relate to their players on some level that have the most success. The guys that lead by example. It was obvious to me that Kelly isn't an NFL coach when he traded off Lesean Mccoy, and then subsequently brought in guys like Sam Bradford, and Demarco Murray that don't fit his offensive system. He brought in a guy with a horrid injury history, that is literally a statue in the pocket, to run an up tempo offense that's really predicated on the Quarterback's ability to be a dual threat both running, and passing the ball. His offense also requires running backs that are versatile in both the running game, and the passing game, and have the speed to get to the edge to stretch opposing defenses. Instead he has Demarco Murray who is a pure north/south power back... Makes literally no sense to have a guy of Murray's caliber in an offense that doesn't suit his strengths...

I've read that the Brownies were interested in Kelly before the Eagles were able to lure him away. I could definitely see them firing Pettine, and hiring Kelly... It's the place coaches go to die after all.

Chip Kelly should go back to coaching college football, he'd be a lot better off.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Chip Kelly Fired   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:03 pm

I saw Joey Galloway talking about this on ESPN and said that really, Chip went 10-6 his 1st year and playoffs, then 10-6 again with no playoffs and now this year. Its not like he had a bad first 2 seasons and somebody in the NFL is going to take another shot with him.

I hope its the Browns or Titans, because both can suck some more. Kelly doesn't deal with grown men as men, but commodities. Unless he changes his style of dealing with human beings, he will never be successful in the NFL. If he isn't going to change, then he should go back to college.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chip Kelly Fired   

Back to top Go down

Chip Kelly Fired
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: