HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonM229

PostSubject: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Steve Smith Sr. Announces He's Coming Back

Quote :
The Ravens got some excellent news Tuesday afternoon in the form of a New Year’s resolution.

Wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. announced on Twitter that he will be returning to the Ravens in 2016 for a 16th season.

Before this season began, Smith said it would be his last year in the NFL. But an Achilles injury suffered on Nov. 1 may have changed those plans.

Smith’s reason for retiring was to spend more time with his family, including his wife, Angie, and their four children. That’s why he specified that his decision came with the blessing of his family.

Immediately after Smith went down with the Achilles injury, Head Coach John Harbaugh and other Ravens believed he would try to make a return. It was difficult to imagine such an intense competitor letting his final moment on the field be him being carried off with a towel over his head.

"That's the kind of man he is, and he'll be back,” Harbaugh said at the time. “There are more chapters to be written in this story.”

“I think he might try it again,” cornerback Lardarius Webb said. “Nobody wants to go out like that.”

Smith still has to check off the second item of his declaration of intention – getting his Achilles healthy and body back into “optimal condition.” He’ll turn 37 years old on May 12.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:31 pm

washed up
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:32 pm

fuck steve smith sr

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Bitterness is an ugly thing

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:57 pm

let him play another year so timmons can knock his ass out again
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:07 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
Bitterness is an ugly thing

Like his bitterness towards Mike Mitchell?

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:21 pm

so one season of spending more time with his family has him changing his plans and returning.

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:55 pm

@harrison'samonster wrote:
so one season of spending more time with his family has him changing his plans and returning.

Can't say I blame the guy

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:39 pm

@JonM229 wrote:

baby momma drama? hell that can be fixed with a quick phone call to ray rice
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:08 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:

baby momma drama? hell that can be fixed with a quick phone call to ray rice

As long as he doesn't call another former Panther WR for advice on that.

As for Smith's return... 37 year old coming off achilies injury in a position where explosiveness and speed is important. Come on back son.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016   

Back to top Go down

Steve Smith, Sr Announces Return for 2016
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: