HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Cleveland Clowns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Cleveland Clowns   Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Biggest joke of an organization in sports continues. They fire both their GM and coach yet again. Why anyone would want to go there I have no clue
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Browns will be Browns. They'll probably be picking another poor guy to be QB too.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:01 pm

let Johnny Football be Johnny Football.

need a one year job? go to Cleveland.

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 am

Peter King, who usually is in suck up mode when writing about a NFL owner, rips Jimmy Haslam in MMQB this morning. Excerpts and link to full article below

Now from the land of make-believe …

Fun facts about Jimmy Haslam’s 39-month tenure as owner of the Cleveland Browns:

• The Browns have employed 61 coaches in those three-plus seasons.

• Haslam has fired two presidents/CEOs (Mike Holmgren, Joe Banner), and, by Monday noon, three general managers (Tom Heckert, Mike Lombardi, Ray Farmer) and three coaches (Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine).

• Record since league approved Haslam as owner: 18-40.

• The five first-round picks since Haslam bought the team: Barkevious Mingo, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Danny Shelton, Cameron Erving. ...

• ​Monday, Jan. 4, 2016, after Mike Pettine was fired as coach:

“I don’t think anyone anticipated going 3-13,” Haslam said. "We were naïve when we came into the process. It’s much harder than we thought it would be.”

You don't say.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/04/nfl-coaches-fired-wild-card-schedule-week-17-peyton-manning
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:35 am

You almost feel sorry for them...ALMOST

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:50 am

@Drizztbob wrote:
You almost feel sorry for them...ALMOST
I have to admit to feeling sorry for their fans but then again I don't deal with much Browns fans and I know if the situations were reversed, there wouldn't be any empathy directed our way. I don't really feel sorry for the players especially guys like Manziel. I mean I get it, you're not happy to be in Cleveland, lots of guys aren't exactly happy to go where they're drafted. I mean I hate to sound like the old players blah blah but Mean Joe Greene wasn't exactly thrilled when the Steelers drafted him either and nearly 50 years later, he's not only a Steelers icon but he an American one.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

The "Factory of Sadness" continues to perplex and it looks like it is coming apart at the seams.

Haslam will hire coach himself, then hire GM.
Mack, Thomas, and others looking to get out of Cleveland. 
Team environment described as "toxic" and is seen as a high risk job. 
Johnny Football wants out.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Lots of bitterness bordering on hatred from this long time Cleveland sports columnist

Johnny Manziel, Jimmy Haslam and the Cleveland Browns' hopelessness

Poor ownership has been the curse of Cleveland pro sports, and it has grown particularly acute with the Browns.

Art Modell, Al Lerner, Randy Lerner, Haslam. Among the liar, his jet-loaning accomplice, the hapless heir to the family fortune, and the trigger-happy incumbent, it's hard to find anyone to root for or lean on.

The quarterback and the owner are supposed to be the bedrock of a franchise. Here, they are the quicksand.

Link to full column

http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_manziel_jimmy_haslam_an.html#incart_river_index
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:02 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
Lots of bitterness bordering on hatred from this long time Cleveland sports columnist

Poor ownership has been the curse of Cleveland pro sports, and it has grown particularly acute with the Browns.

Art Modell, Al Lerner, Randy Lerner, Haslam. Among the liar, his jet-loaning accomplice, the hapless heir to the family fortune, and the trigger-happy incumbent, it's hard to find anyone to root for or lean on.

The quarterback and the owner are supposed to be the bedrock of a franchise. Here, they are the quicksand.

Link to full column

http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_manziel_jimmy_haslam_an.html#incart_river_index

Given the vitriol of the article, I'm surprised the writer only hinted at Haslam's fraudulent business activities.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Joe Thomas might want out of Cleveland as well. Keeps getting better for them.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:31 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Joe Thomas might want out of Cleveland as well.  Keeps getting better for them.
Surprised he didn't want out sooner. Can't say I blame him. He's a hard working guy who's played with a loser his entire career except that one weird year where Derek Anderson looked like the answer.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:07 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Surprised he didn't want out sooner. Can't say I blame him. He's a hard working guy who's played with a loser his entire career except that one weird year where Derek Anderson looked like the answer.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:19 pm

I feel terrible for Browns fans, my brother is a life long fan and I work with one guy who is a life long fan. I know there are jerks who root for the Browns who deserve this, but there are a lot of great people who are let down year after year by the Browns organization and they don't deserve it.

That being said, hahahahaha

chuckles and regains self-control

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAshit

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:26 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

That was such a cruel joke he played on the Browns fans.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:09 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

In the book on the 70s Steelers Their Life's Work, Joe Greene described to Gary Pomerantz his last game when he retired at the end of the 1981 season after the Steelers had missed the playoffs again. (no link but this is the passage).

He realized the game carried no real meaning other than being his last. Greene thought, "Can you imagine playing games like this your whole career? What a sad statement."

Long time current NFL starters like Thomas are rich beyond their wildest dreams, but playing for awful teams year after year must be numbing. Thomas knows the Browns are looking at another total tear down - question is who would trade for him in terms of how much to give up and fitting his salary under the cap.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:27 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:

Link to full column

Given the vitriol of the article, I'm surprised the writer only hinted at Haslam's fraudulent business activities.

This SI.com writer went there in ranking the relative attractiveness of the head coaching vacancies

Desirability Index: The most and least attractive open head coaching jobs

Cleveland Browns

Front office: Hoo, boy. Owner Jimmy Haslam officially bought the Browns in October 2012, and since then, he’s cycled through 61 coaches, two team presidents, three general managers and three head coaches. That’s a lot of work for a guy you might think was distracted by federal fraud charges, but no matter....

Until further notice, however, this is the most dysfunctional front office in the NFL, and the Browns may have trouble getting the best and brightest in the building as a result—something Haslam freely acknowledges....

Proceed with extreme caution, candidates.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/04/nfl-black-monday-head-coach-openings
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:21 pm

If the browns drafted roethlisberger i wonder if he would have washed out of the league by now, cleveland has a way of killing a qb's career before it even starts
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:29 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
If the browns drafted roethlisberger i wonder if he would have washed out of the league by now, cleveland has a way of killing a qb's career before it even starts
That is a good point. I do think the situation these players land in plays a role.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:55 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Slightly bizarre story about Manziel.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2016/01/11/johnny-manziel-las-vegas-police/78601534/
I don't know if Johnny has a degree or not to fall back on but I think the best thing for him to be would be if he's let go by Cleveland is to go into rehab for alcoholism and try his hand at a less high profile career. I actually feel for the guy since he clearly has a problem with alcohol. I disagree with those who think he's just a young guy who likes to party, he's got a problem. I've seen alcoholism in my own family and honestly sometimes in myself.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 pm

At some point, you do have to feel sorry for them. All 4 of their top free agents bolted out of Cleveland.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/browns-gutted-as-top-four-free-agents-leave-in-free-agency-001629182.html
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:27 pm

@jak341 wrote:
At some point, you do have to feel sorry for them. All 4 of their top free agents bolted out of Cleveland.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/browns-gutted-as-top-four-free-agents-leave-in-free-agency-001629182.html

I hope they put Joe Thomas on the block. He doesn't deserve this.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:51 pm

This isn't Manziels fault at all. He probably thought beer was "icky" before being drafted But going to play for the Cleveland Browns is like breaking into a pharoah's tomb and pissing all over the mummies. Cursed.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:26 am

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Clowns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: