HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Cleveland Clowns

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:48 am

Never will I ever feel sorry for them. They get what they deserve. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Jason La Canfora unloads as the Browns new front office tries using gasoline to put out the fire

Browns' new brain trust's curious start to free agency makes no sense

As debuts go, even by Browns standards, this one was inauspicious.

Owner Jimmy Haslam, on the heels of blowing up his franchise, yet again, and going a curious route in his latest attempt to restructure and reconfigure his front office, assembled an Ivy League dream team of lawyers and thinkers, anointed his former legal counsel and negotiator to the role of head of all things football operations, and set out on yet another new path. And, well, less than 24 hours into the start of the first new league year with his new paradigm in place, the Browns were certainly standing out as outliers, only not in a particularly positive manner.

The perpetually struggling team lost four of its more reliable starters -- and they don't have a plethora to begin with -- wounding an offensive line that had been one of its few strengths. Couple that with the new front office adding nothing from other teams to this point. Already facing needs and voids all over the roster following the flameout of the Mike Pettine/Ray Farmer experiment, the team created new ones at a time when an already talent-thin free agent class was being picked bone thin even before the new league year officially kicked in, and with the Browns sitting on a whopping $44.5M in available cap room.

So all of that will raise eyebrows around the league, and it did, quickly.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25511980/why-browns-big-brains-curious-start-to-free-agency-just-doesnt-make-sense
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:34 am

I do honestly feel bad for Browns fans, there's really no excuse for how poorly that team has been run. The entire organization is a laughing stock, and the butt of jokes throughout the NFL. Just when you think they've hit rock bottom, they do something even dumber to affirm that they're still trying their best to be the worst team in the NFL year in and year out.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Browns players confused by what’s happening

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/11/browns-players-confused-by-whats-happening/

And there's more

This may be the greatest measure of what tough times these are for the Cleveland Browns: voters in the state think that in a head to head match up Ohio State would beat the Browns on the gridiron 57/23. It's patently ridiculous to think a college team could beat even so hapless an NFL team as the Browns, but that's where we are.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_OH_31016.pdf

And of course Cleveland is hosting the GOP bloodbath convention this summer

Good times
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:06 am

I don't feel bad for the team. I feel bad for some of their players like Joe Thomas who is an all-time great player and a classy guy. He gives the team and the fans his loyalty. The owner and management reward him crap.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:15 am

@kan_t wrote:
I don't feel bad for the team. I feel bad for some of their players like Joe Thomas who is an all-time great player and a classy guy. He gives the team and the fans his loyalty. The owner and management reward him crap.

agreed. i look forward to the day when i can hate the browns again. i only pity them now

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Siri is jumping on the Cleveland Browns' pile.

In Cleveland, if you ask Siri -- Apple's personal voice assistant -- the question "Where is sadness?" -- it responds with this photo directing people to FirstEnergy Stadium, home of the Browns. In the pantheon of "That's So Browns" moments, this one may take the prize.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14994878/sadness-cleveland-siri-finds-browns-home

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:25 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14994878/sadness-cleveland-siri-finds-browns-home

Quote :
Siri is jumping on the Cleveland Browns' pile.

In Cleveland, if you ask Siri -- Apple's personal voice assistant -- the question "Where is sadness?" -- it responds with this photo directing people to FirstEnergy Stadium, home of the Browns. In the pantheon of "That's So Browns" moments, this one may take the prize.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 am

"The Factory Of Sadness" still rings true.
Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:45 pm

RGIII a Brownie

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 am

@Vis wrote:

RGIII a Brownie

Browns being the Browns I see.

RG Knee to the AFC North. Ok.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:23 am

Bob Griffin has a chance to resurrect his career with Hue Jackson, if he brings him along slowly and teaches him to make plays from the pocket.

If Bob Griffin gets thrown into a starting role and is used in the pistol or as a read option QB in schemes, he will continue to get beat on by the defenses of the AFC North until he reaches an injury settlement and is out of the NFL. What happens next will be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:57 pm

i actually always liked rg3, i'd wish him luck in his career, but since he's a brown, well hell no
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:12 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
i actually always liked rg3, i'd wish him luck in his career, but since he's a brown, well hell no

Best quote I heard was " he needs to get the Baylor washed off of him".

That means, he cant be thinking he is the Heisman Trophy winner who can score on any play. sometimes in the NFL the best play is to throw it away and live to play the next snap. If he is humble, willing to learn to play QB from the pocket and understand when to throw it away or take a sack instead of making mistakes, he has a chance to be successful.

He will always be Bob Griffin to me. A guy that hasn't established himself in the NFL hasn't earned a nickname IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Clowns   

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Clowns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: