HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Tom Coughlin Out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Tom Coughlin Out   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Mike Tomlin might want to observe that even with old school owners winning a Super Bowl does not give you lifetime employment if the owners think the team and its aging franchise QB are not making progress

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Tom Coughlin Out   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:39 pm

I think the situations are a little different. Coughlin's been having sub 500 seasons while Tomlin has made the playoffs the past two years. Not that I think Tomlin can't improve or take his job for granted. Anyhow, that's going to be an interesting hire since after Belichick and I think Marvin Lewis, Coughlin had the longest tenure of any coach in the league and the Mara's will be patient. That's a job if I were a young assistant, I'd eagerly interview for and I think the right guy could get the Giants back in the right place.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Tom Coughlin Out   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:41 pm

he looks like that sith lord dude from the force awakens
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Tom Coughlin Out   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:51 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
he looks like that sith lord dude from the force awakens

Especially when the Giants beat the Packers in Green Bay (on their way to beat the Pats* in the Super Bowl):

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Coughlin Out   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Sad to see Coach Coughlin retire from the Giants. The whole NFL will miss him, he was a class act.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Tom Coughlin Out   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:58 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I think the situations are a little different. Coughlin's been having sub 500 seasons while Tomlin has made the playoffs the past two years. Not that I think Tomlin can't improve or take his job for granted. Anyhow, that's going to be an interesting hire since after Belichick and I think Marvin Lewis, Coughlin had the longest tenure of any coach in the league and the Mara's will be patient. That's a job if I were a young assistant, I'd eagerly interview for and I think the right guy could get the Giants back in the right place.

I think this season is going to be viewed by AJR II by what happens in the playoffs - needing to be bailed out by Rex Ryan after the team screwed up the Ravens game is not a positive - a one and done loss to the Bengals backup probably turns up the heat for 2016

But with regard to the Giants job I agree that is a prime vacancy - sane owners who are not going to need to hire a big name coach to sell tickets and a good QB who still has some years left

When Coughlin reportedly was on the ropes before the second Super Bowl win I thought that was the one job that might have brought Billl Cowher back when he had only been away from the game for less than 5 years
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Tom Coughlin Out   Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:28 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

I think this season is going to be viewed by AJR II by what happens in the playoffs - needing to be bailed out by Rex Ryan after the team screwed up the Ravens game is not a positive - a one and done loss to the Bengals backup probably turns up the heat for 2016

But with regard to the Giants job I agree that is a prime vacancy - sane owners who are not going to need to hire a big name coach to sell tickets and a good QB who still has some years left

When Coughlin reportedly was on the ropes before the second Super Bowl win I thought that was the one job that might have brought Billl Cowher back when he had only been away from the game for less than 5 years
Oh no doubt, there's definitely some pressure on Tomlin. He hasn't won a playoff game in a while. I just think the situations while similar are not identical. It's going to be interesting to see where they go. I think they should go defensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Coughlin Out   

Back to top Go down

Tom Coughlin Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: