HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

William Gay's celebration dances

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:17 pm

WCSteeler wrote:

I like celebration but at a minimum but the Steelers have a few guys (like Gay) who act like Asshats when they do their jobs properly. I remember the days when the Steelers weren't an excessive celebration team at a time when it was becoming popular, I find it very embarrassing as a Long time Steeler fan to see this happening every damn game. Tomlin is a "Players" coach and the Rooneys are ok with that however a byproduct of being a "Friend" instead of a "Parent" is players dancing around like fools after they have properly fulfilled the job they are paid to do.

believe me, I like to see the celebration at a minimum. I just don't see this as something the league, or individual teams are looking to put an end too. In fact, I think it's a problem the NFL needs to solve. It's a rule they need to start getting more evenly punished.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:48 am

It's stupid and idiotic, Mike T. should put a stop to especially after he let AJ Green go free on the TD catch.
Back to top Go down
lotas

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:07 am

I don't understand why the penalty stood after the play was ruled dead. If there's no touchdown on the play, how on Earth does a penalty that resulted from the touchdown stand?

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 am

SteelerinDC71 wrote:
It's stupid and idiotic, Mike T. should put a stop to especially after he let AJ Green go free on the TD catch.

On that TD, Gay had underneath coverage and was coming up on the WR that ran the out in the short flat. Mike Mitchell has the deep zone in that play and didn't come over in time. Poor coverage call, poor reaction IMO.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:12 am

lotas wrote:
I don't understand why the penalty stood after the play was ruled dead. If there's no touchdown on the play, how on Earth does a penalty that resulted from the touchdown stand?

Its a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct. If Gay got facemasked and dragged to the ground on the return, they would have let the facemask stand just the same.

Pretty much book it that 30% of the time he makes a big play, there will be a penalty for excessive celebration.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:05 am

Anytime our secondary scores a TD, I don't care how many penalties are added. I realize it was called back and burned them but still. The secondary gets all kinds of crap and I'm cool with some celebration when they come up big.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 am

DesertSteel wrote:
Anytime our secondary scores a TD, I don't care how many penalties are added. I realize it was called back and burned them but still. The secondary gets all kinds of crap and I'm cool with some celebration when they come up big.
Plus it was a defensive TD in the playoffs. I know it's easy to say "Act like you've been there" before but when your adrenaline is pumping like that, I can't really begrudge a guy. I mean sometimes I think the celebrations are over the top but it rubs me the wrong way that it's penalized. Gotta hand it to Gay though. I think he's become this generation of Steeler defenders version of Deshea Townsend. He's not a star but he's a solid professional who comes up with big plays. I am glad to see him do well too since he understandably took a lot of heat early in his career. I'm glad he came back after his stint in Pittsburgh West.
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:12 am

We have our share of nimrods who can't control their immaturity.  Watch the ref reach for his flag and then decide to change his mind.....then when Dupree and Gay continue their stupidity he threw it.  It's like okay you mental midgets, enough is enough.  Tomlin needs to tighten that stuff up too!

Imagine how awesome it would be if we just win and leave the stupidity for the locker room?

Last edited by QueenstownPa on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:13 am

Was it penalized because of Gay or because Dupree joined him?

Also, why was Burfect's antics on his INT not called for delay of game?
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:14 am

QueenstownPa wrote:
We have our share of nimrods who can't control their immaturity.  Watch the ref reach for his flag and then decide to change his mind.....then when Dupree and Gay continue their stupidity he threw it.  It's like okay you mental midgets, enough is enough.  Tomlin needs to tighten that stuff up too!

Hey... it's the whole league. That ship has sailed.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:17 am

DesertSteel wrote:

I think it was because Bud joined him. But yeah that not being called rubbed me the wrong way too. I was really hoping that it would turn out to be a safety, that would have been too fucking funny but Burfict ended up fucking up eventually in another way. But yeah there was a lot of stuff that wasn't called that should have been. I thought I saw Burfict go at Ben too with intent to injure. I din't see him do what he did to Foster nor did I see him spit in DD's face but I believe it. He's a dirty asshole.
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:18 am

DesertSteel wrote:

If Burfict were penalized every time he should have, it wouldn't have been a game. He would have been thrown out after 5 PF penalties.
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:20 am

DesertSteel wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:

Not really, all it would take is a bit of discouragement from Tomlin.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:29 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:

Not really, all it would take is a bit of discouragement from Tomlin.

Antics and personal fouls? Yes. Celebration? Not so much. Tomlin is a players' coach and if he isn't going to stop his own assistants from excessive celebration, he isn't going to stop his 25-year-old players.

And don't forget, Tomlin is the coach who stuck his foot out to trip a player :)
Back to top Go down
pczach

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:42 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerinDC71 wrote:

On that TD, Gay had underneath coverage and was coming up on the WR that ran the out in the short flat.  Mike Mitchell has the deep zone in that play and didn't come over in time.  Poor coverage call, poor reaction IMO.

Yeah, it looked like Mitchell was maybe a little deep and he didn't react quickly enough to get there, and he took a bad angle to lay a big hit on him.

That would be the trifecta.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:18 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:
Gay is becoming the playmaker I NEVER thought he could be. He was the Blake of the team a few years back. You could always count on him getting beat every game, multiple times. Joe Flacco loved this guy. Use to pick on him, mercifully! Now he's tied for most Defensive TD in Steelers history if I'm not mistaken, and his TD celebrations are EPIC! The one when him a Peezy knee walking to each other is just awsome, and that's what the game is supposed to be about, having fun. As a defensive player, you can't really act like you been there before, because your chances of getting TD'S are very slim......let that man dance!!!

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more.  Why does good play justify stupidity that potentially will hurt your entire organization? I think the saying "act like you've been there before" can apply to "the big show" as much as the end zone. Act like an adult applies too!

Last edited by QueenstownPa on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

pczach wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerinDC71 wrote:

On that TD, Gay had underneath coverage and was coming up on the WR that ran the out in the short flat.  Mike Mitchell has the deep zone in that play and didn't come over in time.  Poor coverage call, poor reaction IMO.

Yeah, it looked like Mitchell was maybe a little deep and he didn't react quickly enough to get there, and he took a bad angle to lay a big hit on him.

That would be the trifecta.

Ive been saying for 2 seasons that Mitchell is late diagnosing plays, shows up late and is substandard in pass defense.

But he makes a big hit now and then, so the fans let it slide that he is an average to below average FS in the NFL. Substandard is the Standard.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:01 am

PostSubject: Re: William Gay's celebration dances   

Back to top Go down

William Gay's celebration dances
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: