HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:16 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Crash wrote:
How dare you bash the OL, treat the current OC like the previous one was.




Are you lost?

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t7048-crash-s-official-anti-haley-anti-lebeau-thread-2-0

Nope.  The line can't be blamed.  It's not their fault according to the Yinzer Steelers Handbook.  

Consistency.  

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 1137
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:58 am

Commenting just because I couldn't stand Crash's name being up as the most recent comment.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

avatar

Posts : 911
Likes : 697
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:35 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Commenting just because I couldn't stand Crash's name being up as the most recent comment.


Way to take one for the team!


_________________
I'm a shell of my former self.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 1137
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:34 am

Reading this old thread, I am honestly thinking that the Steelers should strongly consider drafting a QB in the 2017 draft.

My candidate and a bit of a homer pick:

CJ Beathard out of Iowa. He hasn't been having the best season this year so far with the Hawkeyes but our offensive scheme, and lack of receivers is more to blame for his lack of production than Beathard himself. Beathard is tough, he has decent size, a cannon for an arm, and he's deceptively athletic. In ways he's pretty comparable to Jake Rudock who had a very good preseason showing with the Detroit Lions leading into this current season, and is currently on the Lions' practice squad. Beathard comes out of a pro-style offense and I think his skills could translate well to the NFL, and to Todd Haley's offense. He might not look like a sexy pick right now with Iowa's lack of offensive production but Iowa literally has no receivers right now who can stretch the field. They're a one dimensional football team, and Beathard's talents are being wasted in his Senior season. Beathard comes across as a game-manager because of Iowa's anemic schemes headed up by OC Greg Davis, but he has the arm talent, and the smarts to be more of a gunslinger if put into the right situation. I think he could do well learning behind Ben Roethlisberger.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11066
Likes : 748
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:37 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Reading this old thread, I am honestly thinking that the Steelers should strongly consider drafting a QB in the 2017 draft.

My candidate and a bit of a homer pick:

CJ Beathard out of Iowa. He hasn't been having the best season this year so far with the Hawkeyes but our offensive scheme, and lack of receivers is more to blame for his lack of production than Beathard himself. Beathard is tough, he has decent size, a cannon for an arm, and he's deceptively athletic. In ways he's pretty comparable to Jake Rudock who had a very good preseason showing with the Detroit Lions leading into this current season, and is currently on the Lions' practice squad. Beathard comes out of a pro-style offense and I think his skills could translate well to the NFL, and to Todd Haley's offense. He might not look like a sexy pick right now with Iowa's lack of offensive production but Iowa literally has no receivers right now who can stretch the field. They're a one dimensional football team, and Beathard's talents are being wasted in his Senior season. Beathard comes across as a game-manager because of Iowa's anemic schemes headed up by OC Greg Davis, but he has the arm talent, and the smarts to be more of a gunslinger if put into the right situation. I think he could do well learning behind Ben Roethlisberger.

You're just an Iowa homer

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 1137
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:13 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Reading this old thread, I am honestly thinking that the Steelers should strongly consider drafting a QB in the 2017 draft.

My candidate and a bit of a homer pick:

CJ Beathard out of Iowa. He hasn't been having the best season this year so far with the Hawkeyes but our offensive scheme, and lack of receivers is more to blame for his lack of production than Beathard himself. Beathard is tough, he has decent size, a cannon for an arm, and he's deceptively athletic. In ways he's pretty comparable to Jake Rudock who had a very good preseason showing with the Detroit Lions leading into this current season, and is currently on the Lions' practice squad. Beathard comes out of a pro-style offense and I think his skills could translate well to the NFL, and to Todd Haley's offense. He might not look like a sexy pick right now with Iowa's lack of offensive production but Iowa literally has no receivers right now who can stretch the field. They're a one dimensional football team, and Beathard's talents are being wasted in his Senior season. Beathard comes across as a game-manager because of Iowa's anemic schemes headed up by OC Greg Davis, but he has the arm talent, and the smarts to be more of a gunslinger if put into the right situation. I think he could do well learning behind Ben Roethlisberger.

You're just an Iowa homer

Yeah pretty much. I've been wanting a Hawkeye hero to get drafted by Pittsburgh for awhile now. If Pittsburgh ended up with Beathard, or Desmond King I'd love that.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11066
Likes : 748
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:50 am

anyone else wishing we had a substantial upgrade at the backup QB position?

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

avatar

Posts : 135
Likes : 28
Join date : 2015-04-12

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:33 pm

In a couple of years, when Big Ben is done but not in a year or two, the team will need to draft a QB. Look at the reality of it.

_________________
Don't Have a Blue Christmas!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11066
Likes : 748
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 am

Considering the recent drama unfolding with Ben's statement about retirement (although not official, and most likely just a ploy), is it time for the Front Office to look at QBs to be a solid backup to Ben?

I don't think there is a solid class of QB this year in the draft but unless the FO intends on the Steelers going another 25 years without a championship after Ben, we certainly need to consider viable solutions to Ben's forthcoming retirement.

I believe in 5 years Ben will be done, and with that in mind, I would certainly consider drafting a QB a high priority in 3 years.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

avatar

Posts : 324
Likes : 64
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Pacific rim

PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:35 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
anyone else wishing we had a substantial upgrade at the backup QB position?

I'm ok with Jones for another year. Ben's health is dependent on the performance of the o-line. And they were great last year. If they can repeat that performance And Ben has an improvement of WR's to throw to we should be ok. I wouldn't mind getting say Hoyer, who is an upgrade over Jones. But even then, not by much.

As an SC alum, I'd love it if the steelers got Darnold in the 2018 draft as a successor to Ben. He's Got the same skills of extending plays, is accurate, and is a great decision maker. But he may very well go top 5: to high for us. I'm not for getting a QB this year. CB, WR, and OLB are too important
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it   

Back to top Go down
 
And the next Franchise QB is....let's face it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: The Front Office-
Jump to: