HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

2016 Free Angency

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

PostSubject: 2016 Free Angency   Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:08 pm

I know its a couple months away, and I know the Steelers are usually not very active during FA. I'm not sure exactly who will be available, but is there anyone that would be a good fit here. Corners? Safeties? We really don't need anything on offense. Maybe a solid veteran back up QB? Someone that can actually run this offense???

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Eric Weddle is a name I keep seeing pop up.  I'd love him, and there's a lot of dead money coming off the books for our cap, but I don't want him if he comes at the expense of a Le'Veon Bell, DeCastro, or AB contract extension down the line.  Those three have to be prioritized.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:05 am

Steelers free agency

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:35 am

Im still bummed about the injuries that cost us a Super Bowl run. It's bothering me. All I can think of is health. Steelers always make the right calls on these things. I just want a healthy season from all the main guys. Losing all that talent in the playoff games has drained me two year in a row.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:51 am

The only guy I think the Steelers would take a seriously look at would be Weddle, Tomlin has spoken highly of him as a player. I don't see them making a splash in free agency though, maybe someone for a vet minimum or something along those lines to plug gaps, but the Steelers historically build their teams through the draft.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:56 am

OX1947[b[b]] wrote:
Im still bummed about the injuries that cost us a Super Bowl run[/b]. [/b]It's bothering me. All I can think of is health. Steelers always make the right calls on these things. I just want a healthy season from all the main guys. [b]Losing all that talent in the playoff games has drained me two year in a row.

Me too OX.  Two straight years of "if only" and "what if."    
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Steelers may be looking at Brian Hoyer as a backup QB. I wouldn't be opposed to this. I think he is going to be outside our price range though, and get another shot at a 1st string QB.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/4/18/11448894/recently-released-qb-brian-hoyer-could-be-the-steelers-answer-if-the
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:41 am

@jak341 wrote:
Steelers may be looking at Brian Hoyer as a backup QB. I wouldn't be opposed to this. I think he is going to be outside our price range though, and get another shot at a 1st string QB.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/4/18/11448894/recently-released-qb-brian-hoyer-could-be-the-steelers-answer-if-the

Not going to happen. I'd be flat out amazed if he ended up back in the Burgh. He'll try to go somewhere where there's a quarterback controversy so he has at least an opportunity of starting.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Free Angency   

Back to top Go down

2016 Free Angency
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: The Front Office-
Jump to: