HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Titans announce LeBeau as defensive coordinator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Titans announce LeBeau as defensive coordinator   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:25 pm

If I was Titans fan I would be in despair

Mularkey stays as HC and this

The Titans announced Wednesday that Hall of Famer Dick LeBeau will take over as the team’s defensive coordinator.

LeBeau worked for the Titans last season as assistant head coach for defense. Ray Horton, the team’s defensive coordinator the previous two seasons, was hired by the Browns Wednesday. ...

LeBeau, 78, was the Steelers defensive coordinator for 11 seasons before coming to the Titans last season.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/20/titans-announce-lebeau-as-defensive-coordinator/

Coach LeBeau is a legend but he has passed his sell by date

I am delighted Coach Butler finally got the keys to the car

With the offense dropping off ever so slightly -- falling from a 22.2 percent DVOA in 2014 to 17.3 percent in 2015 -- the improvement was driven by the Pittsburgh defense, which was markedly better after bottoming out last season. The Steelers were 30th in defensive DVOA in 2014, which led to the departure of a pair of franchise icons, defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and safety Troy Polamalu. Unsurprisingly, even amid the upheaval, the Steelers chose to trust their organizational philosophy and promoted longtime coordinator-in-waiting Keith Butler to the top defensive job.

The moves paid dividends. The Steelers were not exactly the Steel Curtain of old, but they were a much better unit, making the biggest leap of any defense in DVOA, from 30th to 11th this season. Led by burgeoning stars Cameron Heyward and Ryan Shazier, the Steelers featured the league's fifth-ranked run defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14602611/pittsburgh-steelers-need-young-stars-emerge-nfl
Back to top Go down

Titans announce LeBeau as defensive coordinator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: