HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Dirtiest players in the NFL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11229
Likes : 765
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:30 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dirtiest-players-in-the-nfl/ss-BBocEkf#image=2

Quote :
Tom Brady
While his play on the field is far from dirty, cheating sure is. After the Deflategate scandal, it’s impossible to look at quarterback Tom Brady as player who isn’t willing to go the extra mile to gain whatever advantage he can over his opponents, even illegally.

Quote :
Vontaze Burfict
Long before the Wild Card implosion against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict was considered a dirty player. After completely losing his cool and destroying Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown with a vicious hit, he cemented himself as one the NFL’s dirtiest players. Burfict has been suspended for the first three games of the 2016 NFL season for his actions.

Quote :
James Harrison
One of the most intimidating defenders in the NFL, Steelers linebacker James Harrison has repeatedly been fined for endangering opponents on the field. What makes matter worse it that Harrison seems to think is style of play of just fine and dandy. Perhaps Colt McCoy feels otherwise.

2 other Bengals and 1 other Steeler made the list as did several broncos and bills players.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

avatar

Posts : 2443
Likes : 1840
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:36 pm

definitely agree with Brady being at the front of that list. Cody Wallace though, eh....he's the kind of guy I want on my team. He doesn't go out there to hurt people, but he's not going to turn and walk away when other teams are taking cheap shots at his teammates.

_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

avatar

Posts : 2019
Likes : 497
Join date : 2015-04-17
Location : Syracuse, NY

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Donkey Kong suh

_________________
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1400
Likes : 579
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:42 pm

It's refreshing to see Brady called what he is. What they get at is also why I refuse to give him the GOAT title and why I refuse to see Brady as this all American boy scout type that his sycnchopatns want to make him out to be.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

avatar

Posts : 2019
Likes : 497
Join date : 2015-04-17
Location : Syracuse, NY

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Brady is great. I don't like him or the Pats* one bit but you can't say he isn't the best qb in the league for the past 10 years. You could argue Peyton but not really.

_________________
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1400
Likes : 579
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:53 pm

@ImperialFan wrote:
Brady is great. I don't like him or the Pats** one bit but you can't say he isn't the best qb in the league for the past 10 years. You could argue Peyton but not really.
I just think it's absurd to call him the Greatest of all time when he's got a lot of shady business around him. I also frankly because of that stuff don't know how great he really is. Harrison said that the Pats* picked up something like 90% of our blitzes in the 2004 AFC championship game. Just saying, knowing what's coming can make an already talented QB even greater. I won't insult Brady and say he's no better than the other guys drafted in that sixth round but I think due to the controversy that continues to surround the Pats* (BTW- Reid complained about headset problems, could be nothing but it's always something with that team) I can't give him the BOD. I admit though, I despise Brady and the Pats* though so I'm unbelievably biased against him but I think it's fair game to consider what I bring up in discussing his, Belichick, and the legacy of the Pats* for the past fifteen years.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert



Posts : 763
Likes : 419
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:37 am

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@ImperialFan wrote:
Brady is great. I don't like him or the Pats*** one bit but you can't say he isn't the best qb in the league for the past 10 years. You could argue Peyton but not really.

I just think it's absurd to call him the Greatest of all time when he's got a lot of shady business around him. I also frankly because of that stuff don't know how great he really is.
Harrison said that the Pats** picked up something like 90% of our blitzes in the 2004 AFC championship game. Just saying, knowing what's coming can make an already talented QB even greater. I won't insult Brady and say he's no better than the other guys drafted in that sixth round but I think due to the controversy that continues to surround the Pats** (BTW- Reid complained about headset problems, could be nothing but it's always something with that team) I can't give him the BOD. I admit though, I despise Brady and the Pats** though so I'm unbelievably biased against him but I think it's fair game to consider what I bring up in discussing his, Belichick, and the legacy of the Pats** for the past fifteen years.

I think you can call Brady the best QB in the league for the past 10 years. (record and consistency)
I wouldn't call him the greatest of all time but he deserves to be in that discussion.
Look, I'm not a fan of his, but you shouldn't let your personal dislike for him erase his accomplishments.
I've never seen a QB that consistently takes "run of the mill" receivers (Amendola, Edelman) and transforms them into incredibly productive receivers.  He's done that for years.
His quick release is one of the best ever and he may be the most accurate QB ever.
As for the shady business....I know the Pats* major in it, but we've had our share too.
The Steelers are often mentioned as one of the first teams to buy in big time to steroid use in the 70's.
Just as that doesn't affect my belief that the 70's group of Steelers are one of the greatest teams of all time, the Patriots* transgressions don't diminish Brady's greatness.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3009
Likes : 1189
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:16 pm

Brady is a cheater just like Belicheat. I refuse to call either of them "great". Cheating is cheating, and they've been caught multiple times. Brady only got away with it because the NFL screwed the pooch and some Patsy homer Judge let him off the hook.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
harrison'samonster

avatar

Posts : 2443
Likes : 1840
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:49 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Brady is a cheater just like Belicheat. I refuse to call either of them "great". Cheating is cheating, and they've been caught multiple times. Brady only got away with it because the NFL screwed the pooch and some Patsy homer Judge let him off the hook.

absolutely agreed. In the past I wouldn't have felt so strongly about it, my answer would have been "like it or not he's been successful" or something like it. This last time, deflate-gate, has completely changed my opinion of the matter. I don't believe history will be too kind towards Brady and his "legacy"

_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1400
Likes : 579
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:01 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@ImperialFan wrote:
Brady is great. I don't like him or the Pats**** one bit but you can't say he isn't the best qb in the league for the past 10 years. You could argue Peyton but not really.

I just think it's absurd to call him the Greatest of all time when he's got a lot of shady business around him. I also frankly because of that stuff don't know how great he really is.
Harrison said that the Pats*** picked up something like 90% of our blitzes in the 2004 AFC championship game. Just saying, knowing what's coming can make an already talented QB even greater. I won't insult Brady and say he's no better than the other guys drafted in that sixth round but I think due to the controversy that continues to surround the Pats*** (BTW- Reid complained about headset problems, could be nothing but it's always something with that team) I can't give him the BOD. I admit though, I despise Brady and the Pats*** though so I'm unbelievably biased against him but I think it's fair game to consider what I bring up in discussing his, Belichick, and the legacy of the Pats*** for the past fifteen years.

I think you can call Brady the best QB in the league for the past 10 years. (record and consistency)
I wouldn't call him the greatest of all time but he deserves to be in that discussion.
Look, I'm not a fan of his, but you shouldn't let your personal dislike for him erase his accomplishments.
I've never seen a QB that consistently takes "run of the mill" receivers (Amendola, Edelman) and transforms them into incredibly productive receivers.  He's done that for years.
His quick release is one of the best ever and he may be the most accurate QB ever.
As for the shady business....I know the Pats** major in it, but we've had our share too.
The Steelers are often mentioned as one of the first teams to buy in big time to steroid use in the 70's.
Just as that doesn't affect my belief that the 70's group of Steelers are one of the greatest teams of all time, the Patriots** transgressions don't diminish Brady's greatness.
I understand what you are saying but I think Iowa and HAM explained it better what I feel about Brady/Belichick and why.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1400
Likes : 579
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

@harrison'samonster wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Brady is a cheater just like Belicheat. I refuse to call either of them "great". Cheating is cheating, and they've been caught multiple times. Brady only got away with it because the NFL screwed the pooch and some Patsy homer Judge let him off the hook.

absolutely agreed.  In the past I wouldn't have felt so strongly about it, my answer would have been "like it or not he's been successful" or something like it.  This last time, deflate-gate, has completely changed my opinion of the matter.  I don't believe history will be too kind towards Brady and his "legacy"
Right, agree with you and Iowa. It'd be one thing if it was just once but these guys are surrounded by controversy. If it's not the balls, it's tampering with headsets, stealing playbooks, etc. Anyhow I am just glad they lost is all.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11229
Likes : 765
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:21 am

And for the first time in NFL History, Brady's uniform was the dirtiest in the laundry.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:36 pm

NFL fines Aqib Talib $26,044 for Super Bowl personal fouls

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 12, 2016

Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib got two personal fouls in Super Bowl 50, and the NFL has fined him for both of them.

Talib was fined a total of $26,044 for facemasking and taunting against the Panthers.

The NFL suspended Talib during the regular season for an eye poke, and he’s lucky he wasn’t suspended again for his Super Bowl actions. The facemasking foul was especially egregious, and Talib admitted after the game that he did it on purpose, figuring that since the penalty was at the 3-yard line, the half the distance to the goal line penalty wouldn’t be a big deal.

When it comes to on-field misconduct, Talib is a repeat offender. The NFL will be watching him closely in 2016, and further offenses may result in another suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/12/nfl-fines-aqib-talib-26044-for-super-bowl-personal-fouls/

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dirtiest players in the NFL   

Back to top Go down
 
Dirtiest players in the NFL
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: