HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever   Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Lot of memories for me here

Ad Meter 50 for 50th: ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever

1. Coca-Cola: “Hey kid, catch!” (Super Bowl XIV, 1980)

Widely considered the first truly blockbuster Super Bowl commercial, this 1980 Coca-Cola spot stars Pittsburgh Steeler Mean Joe Greene.

Linked article embeds videos for the top 10 commercials and links to the other 40

One of my favorites

18. Budweiser: Replay (Super Bowl XXXVII, 2003)

In this 2003 commercial, an equine football game is slowed to a crawl as the referee, who’s played by an actual zebra, visits the replay booth.

Link to full article

http://admeter.usatoday.com/2016/01/21/ad-meter-50-for-50th-best-super-bowl-commercials/
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever   Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:30 pm

how is the 1984 apple commercial #2? I think every other one was better than that one

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever   Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:03 am

@vasteeler wrote:
how is the 1984 apple commercial #2? I think every other one was better than that one

Every ad appeals to some folks and not to others

For better or worse, the Apple ad is regarded as one of the first, if not the first, Super Bowl ads to have production values above the typical beer and car ads that ran on every football game, including Super Sunday, at the time.  It also was one of the first times people were talking about a commercial as much as the game (a Raiders 38 - Washington 9 blowout which was over at halftime) the next day and started the alleged practice of many viewers watching the Super Bowl for the commercials to which advertisers started to commit huge resources as much as the game itself.

Indeed, the ad's extraordinary production values and riveting story made it one of the most-talked about topics in America, and was rebroadcast on television news shows around the country.

Though other advertisers, like Masterlock, had already started targeted their most important marketing messages at the Super Bowl and its huge audience, "1984" is often credited with ushering in the current era of Super Bowl advertising, in which the ads are as important and popular as the game itself.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-super-bowl-retrospective-2014-1
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever   Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:57 am

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever   

Back to top Go down

Ranking the 50 best Super Bowl commercials ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: