HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Super Bowl 50

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:10 am

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
Lets keep political discussions confined to the politics forum. Thanks.
You got it. Rant out. Anyhow speaking of the game, I thought it was refreshing to see a game where neither QB dominated and it was just good defense. Denver's defense of course did great but Carolina's was pretty good too. I wonder how we would have fared against them since we actually stop the run pretty well but struggle with the pass.

The performance of the defense in the playoffs against novice QB AJ McCarron in a driving rain and broken down Peyton might be fogging memories of the pass defense being shredded by QBs like Johnny Football, Brock Osweiler and Ryan Mallet.   The Steelers should have won in Denver but I assume the pass defense would have fallen back into mediocrity or worse against Brady or Cam.

With Brown (and maybe Williams) back I do think the Steelers would have put up points in the high 20s against the Pats* or Carolina
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:56 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
the pass defense being shredded by QBs like Johnny Football, Brock Osweiler and Ryan Mallet.

Tee hee

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:26 am

Ed B. of the P-G puts the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over the loss to the Super Bowl champs in perspective

People seem to forget that while, yes, the Steelers could have beaten the Denver Broncos and could have beaten the New England Patriots* and could have won a seventh Lombardi Trophy, that was still a long way off from actually doing it. They were lucky to be playing in Denver after the Cincinnati Bengals gifted them that playoff win in the first game. And if that did not happen, this post-season talk around the Steelers might be how they again went one-and-done in the playoffs.

--- Or, maybe everyone still would be complaining how the Steelers did not make the playoffs for the third time in four years. Think about that. The Steelers received a gift to even make it into the playoffs thanks to the New York Jets and their quarterback bumbling in Buffalo. When all was on the line for the Steelers and things were in their own hands, they turned in their worst performance of the season in a loss to depleted Baltimore in game 15. And, by the way, that fumble by Fitzgerald Tussaint in Denver? It counts every bit as much as the fumble by Jeremy Hill of the Bengals in Cincinnati that gave the Steelers their unlikely comeback try.


http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2016/02/09/Kevin-Greene-s-Advice-to-Steelers-James-Harrison.html

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 2024
Likes : 1163
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Bouchette rhymes with bull sh**

No they weren't lucky to win in Cincy. Did he forget that the refs pretty much screwed the Steelers for majority of the game while Cincy got the personal foul calls just about every time when they were the offenders most of the time. With that said, is Cincy lucky that Ben got banged up which gave them a chance? Before LJ came in the Steelers were dominating.

Yes the 15 yard penalties helped of course, but that's not luck. That's just the stupidity of the other team, which of course is a factor in any game. There's a reason why players like burfict and pacman jones aren't high draft picks, because they're known for actions that lose football games.

The Jets did screw the pooch in a very winnable game in Buffalo, and yes we did get a little lucky there. But then again if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. 11-5 record does not equal a lucky team, it equals a good one. If anything we were unlucky to not go 12-4 or 13-3, if not for Scobee.

If there's no injuries or suspensions going into next season, no reason why we can't go 12-4 or better.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:49 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Bouchette rhymes with bull sh**

No they weren't lucky to win in Cincy. Did he forget that the refs pretty much screwed the Steelers for majority of the game while Cincy got the personal foul calls just about every time when they were the offenders most of the time. With that said, is Cincy lucky that Ben got banged up which gave them a chance? Before LJ came in the Steelers were dominating..

But Ben did get hurt (for the third time this season - not exactly a who knew that might happen moment) and Landry Jones was ineffective in the 4th quarter - think the Bengals would trade Ben making it through the 4th quarter that night for getting Dalton beyond their first drive in week 14?

Forget the last drive - the Bengals had the ball in long field goal range with less than two minutes left and immediately coughed it up - given how the 4th quarter proceeded I think the Steelers were fortunate to win

But Bouchette's point is many people playing what if seem to forget the season could have gone off the rails several times before (and for that matter after) the Denver loss

I thought it was a good season and am looking forward to hopefully getting a home playoff game and first round bye next season
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:49 pm

In case you had any doubt certain broadcasters are head over heels in love with certain players, this from Peter King (no stranger to sucking up)

Last Wednesday, at his final production meeting of the year (and likely his career), Peyton Manning spent 45 minutes at the Broncos’ hotel with the CBS TV crew, led by producer Lance Barrow. ...

When his meeting was winding down, Barrow’s crew—Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, and those behind the cameras and in the truck, 15 or so in all—all stood and gave Manning an ovation. Now that’s a nice touch.


http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/09/nfl-super-bowl-50-cam-newton-press-conference-peyton-manning-retirement-malik-jackson
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned


Posts : 131
Likes : 22
Join date : 2015-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:55 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Bouchette rhymes with bull sh**

No they weren't lucky to win in Cincy. Did he forget that the refs pretty much screwed the Steelers for majority of the game while Cincy got the personal foul calls just about every time when they were the offenders most of the time. With that said, is Cincy lucky that Ben got banged up which gave them a chance? Before LJ came in the Steelers were dominating.

Yes the 15 yard penalties helped of course, but that's not luck. That's just the stupidity of the other team, which of course is a factor in any game. There's a reason why players like burfict and pacman jones aren't high draft picks, because they're known for actions that lose football games.

The Jets did screw the pooch in a very winnable game in Buffalo, and yes we did get a little lucky there. But then again if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. 11-5 record does not equal a lucky team, it equals a good one. If anything we were unlucky to not go 12-4 or 13-3, if not for Scobee.

If there's no injuries or suspensions going into next season, no reason why we can't go 12-4 or better.

holy cow. not lucky to beat cincy? what were you watching.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
In case you had any doubt certain broadcasters are head over heels in love with certain players, this from Peter King (no stranger to sucking up)

Last Wednesday, at his final production meeting of the year (and likely his career), Peyton Manning spent 45 minutes at the Broncos’ hotel with the CBS TV crew, led by producer Lance Barrow. ...

When his meeting was winding down, Barrow’s crew—Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, and those behind the cameras and in the truck, 15 or so in all—all stood and gave Manning an ovation. Now that’s a nice touch.


http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/09/nfl-super-bowl-50-cam-newton-press-conference-peyton-manning-retirement-malik-jackson

Manning was actually the only one standing. The rest were on their knees for the ceremonial tea-bagging.

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 2024
Likes : 1163
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:36 pm

@steelers5895 wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
Bouchette rhymes with bull sh**

No they weren't lucky to win in Cincy. Did he forget that the refs pretty much screwed the Steelers for majority of the game while Cincy got the personal foul calls just about every time when they were the offenders most of the time. With that said, is Cincy lucky that Ben got banged up which gave them a chance? Before LJ came in the Steelers were dominating.

Yes the 15 yard penalties helped of course, but that's not luck. That's just the stupidity of the other team, which of course is a factor in any game. There's a reason why players like burfict and pacman jones aren't high draft picks, because they're known for actions that lose football games.

The Jets did screw the pooch in a very winnable game in Buffalo, and yes we did get a little lucky there. But then again if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. 11-5 record does not equal a lucky team, it equals a good one. If anything we were unlucky to not go 12-4 or 13-3, if not for Scobee.

If there's no injuries or suspensions going into next season, no reason why we can't go 12-4 or better.

holy cow.  not lucky to beat cincy?  what were you watching.  

Cincy had the refs in their pocket the entire game until the end, and we had control of the game until ben went down. if anything cincy was lucky that burfict is a piece of shit
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:10 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@steelers5895 wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
Bouchette rhymes with bull sh**

No they weren't lucky to win in Cincy. Did he forget that the refs pretty much screwed the Steelers for majority of the game while Cincy got the personal foul calls just about every time when they were the offenders most of the time. With that said, is Cincy lucky that Ben got banged up which gave them a chance? Before LJ came in the Steelers were dominating.

Yes the 15 yard penalties helped of course, but that's not luck. That's just the stupidity of the other team, which of course is a factor in any game. There's a reason why players like burfict and pacman jones aren't high draft picks, because they're known for actions that lose football games.

The Jets did screw the pooch in a very winnable game in Buffalo, and yes we did get a little lucky there. But then again if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. 11-5 record does not equal a lucky team, it equals a good one. If anything we were unlucky to not go 12-4 or 13-3, if not for Scobee.

If there's no injuries or suspensions going into next season, no reason why we can't go 12-4 or better.

holy cow.  not lucky to beat cincy?  what were you watching.  

Cincy had the refs in their pocket the entire game until the end, and we had control of the game until ben went down. if anything cincy was lucky that burfict is a piece of shit

I'll disagree with this.

When Ben was hit by Burfict, I was saying "throw it away Ben". So Ben hangs onto the football too long in the shadow of his end zone with a 2 score lead and gets sacked and injured... a mistake he hasn't been making lately. Then the defense allows a lead to evaporate and the offense cant close things out.

Jeremy Hill hangs onto the football or goes down a bit sooner and the Steelers likely lose. Paul Guenther doesn't play soft defense against a guy with a separated AC joint and the Steelers likely lose. Burfict doesn't hit AB and the Steelers likely lose. Still a 50+ yard FG until Pacman Jones goes nuts.

Bengals imploded in a most unlikely way for the Steelers to win on the last second FG. You could not plan a professional football team being that incapable of closing a game out since the Music City Miracle.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 2024
Likes : 1163
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
@steelers5895 wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
Bouchette rhymes with bull sh**

No they weren't lucky to win in Cincy. Did he forget that the refs pretty much screwed the Steelers for majority of the game while Cincy got the personal foul calls just about every time when they were the offenders most of the time. With that said, is Cincy lucky that Ben got banged up which gave them a chance? Before LJ came in the Steelers were dominating.

Yes the 15 yard penalties helped of course, but that's not luck. That's just the stupidity of the other team, which of course is a factor in any game. There's a reason why players like burfict and pacman jones aren't high draft picks, because they're known for actions that lose football games.

The Jets did screw the pooch in a very winnable game in Buffalo, and yes we did get a little lucky there. But then again if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. 11-5 record does not equal a lucky team, it equals a good one. If anything we were unlucky to not go 12-4 or 13-3, if not for Scobee.

If there's no injuries or suspensions going into next season, no reason why we can't go 12-4 or better.

holy cow.  not lucky to beat cincy?  what were you watching.  

Cincy had the refs in their pocket the entire game until the end, and we had control of the game until ben went down. if anything cincy was lucky that burfict is a piece of shit

I'll disagree with this.

When Ben was hit by Burfict, I was saying "throw it away Ben".  So Ben hangs onto the football too long in the shadow of his end zone with a 2 score lead and gets sacked and injured... a mistake he hasn't been making lately.  Then the defense allows a lead to evaporate and the offense cant close things out.  

Jeremy Hill hangs onto the football or goes down a bit sooner and the Steelers likely lose.  Paul Guenther doesn't play soft defense against a guy with a separated AC joint and the Steelers likely lose.  Burfict doesn't hit AB and the Steelers likely lose.  Still a 50+ yard FG until Pacman Jones goes nuts.

Bengals imploded in a most unlikely way for the Steelers to win on the last second FG.  You could not plan a professional football team being that incapable of closing a game out since the Music City Miracle.

True but I don't call stupid plays by pacman or burfict to be lucky, they been stupid their entire lives, if they didn't do something stupid during the game, then it'd be lucky lol

and sorry you guys are never going to change my mind about that team, i hate those guys on a personal level. the last person giving them any credit will be me
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1319
Likes : 570
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:49 pm

If the Shazier fumble is called correctly. We're up 22-0 going into the fourth likely. I mean what happened but I'm with Fa in feeling that the Bengals were lucky to get back in that game in the first place. Epic choke job though by Hill, Pacman, and Burfict though. Loved watching that.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Cam receives some sage advice on his postgame comments

Back to top Go down
kan_t



Posts : 278
Likes : 83
Join date : 2015-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Thomas Davis played with a broken arm and Cam "Superman" Newton decided not to dive because he's afraid of risking an injury in SB. Then said that they didn't lose because of the fumble when the team was just 6 points behind with more than 4 minutes left. He also said that no one would blame him if he threw an interception and avoided the tackle. Seriously you can't make that stuff up. Maybe he should have watched Ben's first SB to learn how could a QB help the team winning SB when you got nothing going.

I feel bad for Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly but I'm so glad that the Broncos won.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Reason # 123,678 (admittedly an estimate) why the Patriots** are despised

Asked about Peyton’s rivalry with Brady, Kraft was ready with a hard comebacker. Speaking to Maria Stephanos of WCVB-TV:

“I happened to see Archie [Manning] there. He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who has won four.”


http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/robert-kraft-peyton-manning-archie-super-bowl-tom-brady-rivalry#

Was I the only one who did not know Kraft is the father of Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw? confused

What a jackass
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
Reason # 123,678 (admittedly an estimate) why the Patriots*** are despised

Asked about Peyton’s rivalry with Brady, Kraft was ready with a hard comebacker. Speaking to Maria Stephanos of WCVB-TV:

“I happened to see Archie [Manning] there. He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who has won four.”


http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/robert-kraft-peyton-manning-archie-super-bowl-tom-brady-rivalry#

Was I the only one who did not know Kraft is the father of Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw? confused

What a jackass

He forgot to mention that his one "son" could have six if not for Eli's rings.

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:58 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
Reason # 123,678 (admittedly an estimate) why the Patriots**** are despised

Asked about Peyton’s rivalry with Brady, Kraft was ready with a hard comebacker. Speaking to Maria Stephanos of WCVB-TV:

“I happened to see Archie [Manning] there. He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who has won four.”


http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/robert-kraft-peyton-manning-archie-super-bowl-tom-brady-rivalry#

Was I the only one who did not know Kraft is the father of Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw? confused

What a jackass

He forgot to mention that his one "son" could have six if not for Eli's rings.


And that sonny boy would have had a crack at number 5 this year if not for the other Manning.

_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1319
Likes : 570
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:14 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
Reason # 123,678 (admittedly an estimate) why the Patriots*** are despised

Asked about Peyton’s rivalry with Brady, Kraft was ready with a hard comebacker. Speaking to Maria Stephanos of WCVB-TV:

“I happened to see Archie [Manning] there. He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who has won four.”


http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/robert-kraft-peyton-manning-archie-super-bowl-tom-brady-rivalry#

Was I the only one who did not know Kraft is the father of Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw? confused

What a jackass
Kraft acts more and more like Jerry Jones everyday. I can't imagine Dan Rooney making a crack like that. Oh and Bob your "son" has lost five conescutive Super Bowls or Conference Championships to Archie's sons.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

avatar

Posts : 4276
Likes : 2335
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:18 am

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Kraft acts more and more like Jerry Jones everyday. I can't imagine Dan Rooney making a crack like that. Oh and Bob your "son" has lost five conescutive Super Bowls or Conference Championships to Archie's sons.

And another one to the elite Joe Flacco

_________________

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2295
Likes : 1124
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:48 pm


_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   

Back to top Go down
 
Super Bowl 50
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: