HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Super Bowl 50

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:43 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:

The consensus was that that particular ball was made of Kryptonite.

Haha! I think you might be right. Dude didn't just not go after it. He actually jumped away from it. WTF?
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:54 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:

He is a getting killed for it - pouting through his postgame presser did not help

Newton bent at the waist and stepped toward it, and then straightened and stepped away from it, apparently wanting no part of a collision with Ware....

I wonder how proud Newton’s buddies and teammates and coaches are of out what their leader did on that play, not that they would ever likely say it.

They’re out there competing their eyebrows off in the biggest game of their lives, and the MVP steps away from a loose ball as though he were still wearing the $850 Versace slacks in which he boarded the plane to California.  

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2016/02/08/It-ll-be-hard-to-forget-what-MVP-Newton-did-in-loss/stories/201602080083

Even Phil Simms (who really needs to be fired) called him out during the broadcast - has to be pretty bad for Simms and Nantz to say something unfavorable

"When you see that football on the ground no matter what the situation is, you have to get in there and get that recovery. Because not getting that recovery almost takes your chance of winning this football game away."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/raissman-review-simms-nantz-jump-cam-article-1.2523712

That presser was brutal, too. He needs to grow up, obviously. Phil Simms had a great deadpan line after the fumble. Said something like, "He decided it just wasn't worth it." I laughed pretty hard.

I live down here in Panther land and I pull for them. It's not hard as they have been playing rock solid defense and with Stewart and Cam they are able to run it down a lot of teams' throats. I actually liked Cam, too, despite all his "look at me" shit. But when you constantly make yourself the center of attention you have to step-up and face the music when you come up short. His presser was pathetic and his effort on the fumble was cowardly. He still has a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:59 am

@Rhyno wrote:
What's the general consensus on Cam's lack of effort in going for that ball he fumbled? I could not believe my eyes when it happened. I have never seen anything like that before. Has anyone else? I really can't imagine ANY (even Jay Cutler, Jeff George, etc.) NFL quarterback not diving in there and fighting like mad for that ball.

The only plausible defense I heard was that he may have thought it was an incomplete pass. However, there was no whistle so you gotta keep playing.

I was somewhat worried that Manning would win the MVP despite having a bad game. Glad it went to the player who deserved it the most.

And did you see how bad Oher was? Makes me laugh that Cam told him that he needed to sign with Carolina.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:03 am

@Rhyno wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

The consensus was that that particular ball was made of Kryptonite.

Haha! I think you might be right. Dude didn't just not go after it. He actually jumped away from it. WTF?

Maybe he was just practicing his next touchdown dance?

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:09 am

@JonM229 wrote:

The only plausible defense I heard was that he may have thought it was an incomplete pass.  However, there was no whistle so you gotta keep playing.

Or, maybe he was trying to anticipate it bouncing? I don't know. I can't think of any good reason for what he did.

@JonM229 wrote:
I was somewhat worried that Manning would win the MVP despite having a bad game.  Glad it went to the player who deserved it the most.

Same exact thoughts here. Von had an awesome game. That whole defense was outstanding. Wade Phillips is the man.

@JonM229 wrote:
And did you see how bad Oher was?  Makes me laugh that Cam told him that he needed to sign with Carolina.

My goodness, he had a rough game. I kept yelling to Cam, "Check The Blind Side!"
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:12 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:

I'd say there is probably a 50/50 chance you are right. Either that or he was thinking about what outfit he was going to wear after the game (You know he brought a few to choose from.)
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:12 am

Yeah I lost a lot of respect for Cam for how he gave up on that play. I don't have anything against him or Carolina and in fact was rooting for the Panthers but he just showed no heart on that. It was the total opposite of how Ben handled the famous Bettis fumble. I think a lot of people underestimated Denver's defense this post season. Of all the teams they played, I think we did the best. Not the same or even close as winning a SB but after seeing the nightmares they gave Cam, it makes me proud that we played that well. I don't know if we would have beaten NE in NE though since they're unfortunately our kryponite as of now.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:15 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:

@Rhyno wrote:
My goodness, he had a rough game. I kept yelling to Cam, "Check The Blind Side!"

Oher wasn't that bad his rookie year, but he was playing RT. He's been average at best at LT. He was also good for at least one false start per game.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 am

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:20 am

@Rhyno wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I'd say there is probably a 50/50 chance you are right. Either that or he was thinking about what outfit he was going to wear after the game (You know he brought a few to choose from.)

When you're more worried about your fashion choices and touchdown celebrations than actually making plays, maybe you don't deserve to win the big game. Hopefully Cam will learn a valuable career lesson from this and grow.

in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:29 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Rhyno wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

When you're more worried about your fashion choices and touchdown celebrations than actually making plays, maybe you don't deserve to win the big game. Hopefully Cam will learn a valuable career lesson from this and grow.

Given all he does with kids, I think he's an immature good guy.

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:36 am

@Vis wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Rhyno wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I'm actually pulling for the guy to grow up and act like an adult. I think the league needs more guys with his talent to step up and be the next generation of NFL greats. Too bad he has yet to realize that this is the ultimate team sport and he needs to be less selfish in regards to how he handles himself as a team leader.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:02 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Vis wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Rhyno wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I'm actually pulling for the guy to grow up and act like an adult. I think the league needs more guys with his talent to step up and be the next generation of NFL greats. Too bad he has yet to realize that this is the ultimate team sport and he needs to be less selfish in regards to how he handles himself as a team leader.

Of course it took the worst passer rating in Super Bowl history by a winning QB, a nearly fatal motorcycle accident, and a rape investigation before one QB finally grew up  

Cam is a polarizing personality, going back to when Urban Meyer threw him off the team at Florida (given who got to stay at Florida that takes a lot), followed by a lot of smoke around how Cam then landed at Auburn for his one and done Heisman season.  Cam came into the NFL with a lot of the fan base in the region in which he plays already mad at him for beating their SEC teams (for which loyalty is as strong as that of the most committed NFL fan bases). So he brought some baggage into the league other QBs did not.
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:13 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Vis wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@Rhyno wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I agree with you guys. He uses his status/money/popularity to help a lot of kids. It's always awesome to see him give the ball to a little kid, too. I hope he learns from this, grows, and makes us all forget about how he acted. I'm sure he will. In the grand scheme of things, the stuff he does to help kids definitely outweighs his antics.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:18 am

The Real Loser Of Super Bowl 50: The Annoyingly Loud 'Woo Guy'
Josh Kurp,UPROXX

The *holds beer mug to mouth* Denver Broncos defeated (my beloved) Carolina Panthers 24-10 in Super Bowl 50 last night. Denver’s ferocious, relentless, ruthless, and other synonyms for “vicious” defense overwhelmed Carolina’s offense during their first series, and never let up. After the game, an understandably shaken Cam Newton walked out of his press conference, giving sports talk radio callers something to yell about all offseason.

It was not a good game for the Panthers, and the Internet mocked them for their effort, but they weren’t the real losers: Woo Guy was.

(Read More:) https://www.yahoo.com/tv/real-loser-super-bowl-50-134031605.html

Yeah, that guy was annoying as hell. Even my wife, who was only half watching the game, commented on how annoying he was.

The best Tweets about it:

Jon Jones @jonjones
When the game is over, we'll all find out that #wooguy was actually a coyote caught in a trap, and we'll all feel *terrible.• #SB50
9:49 PM - 7 Feb 2016

Turd Fergussen @OhTurdFergussen
Satan: Welcome to hell.

[unseen, from somewhere in the back]
Woooooooooooooo!

Satan: He never stops, btw. #wooguy
9:30 PM - 7 Feb 2016

Daniel Kross ✔@Kross
If I had a gun with two bullets and was locked in a room with woo guy, Kylo Ren & Hitler.. I'd shoot woo guy twice. #SuperBowl #wooguy
9:50 PM - 7 Feb 2016

Jason Newell @jasondnewell
I bet #wooguy is a Coldplay fan.
7:42 PM - 7 Feb 2016

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:24 am

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:24 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
The Real Loser Of Super Bowl 50: The Annoyingly Loud 'Woo Guy'
Josh Kurp,UPROXX

The *holds beer mug to mouth* Denver Broncos defeated (my beloved) Carolina Panthers 24-10 in Super Bowl 50 last night. Denver’s ferocious, relentless, ruthless, and other synonyms for “vicious” defense overwhelmed Carolina’s offense during their first series, and never let up. After the game, an understandably shaken Cam Newton walked out of his press conference, giving sports talk radio callers something to yell about all offseason.

It was not a good game for the Panthers, and the Internet mocked them for their effort, but they weren’t the real losers: Woo Guy was.

(Read More:) https://www.yahoo.com/tv/real-loser-super-bowl-50-134031605.html

Yeah, that guy was annoying as hell. Even my wife, who was only half watching the game, commented on how annoying he was.

The best Tweets about it:

Jon Jones @jonjones
When the game is over, we'll all find out that #wooguy was actually a coyote caught in a trap, and we'll all feel *terrible.• #SB50
9:49 PM - 7 Feb 2016

Turd Fergussen @OhTurdFergussen
Satan: Welcome to hell.

[unseen, from somewhere in the back]
Woooooooooooooo!

Satan: He never stops, btw. #wooguy
9:30 PM - 7 Feb 2016

Daniel Kross ✔@Kross
If I had a gun with two bullets and was locked in a room with woo guy, Kylo Ren & Hitler.. I'd shoot woo guy twice. #SuperBowl #wooguy
9:50 PM - 7 Feb 2016

Jason Newell @jasondnewell
I bet #wooguy is a Coldplay fan.
7:42 PM - 7 Feb 2016
Heh I was too buzzed during the game to notice him.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:25 am

@JonM229 wrote:
Man that's mean but I had the same thought that she was sort of creepy looking. Is thaT Bowlen's wife or daughter?
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:28 am

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
Man that's mean but I had the same thought that she was sort of creepy looking. Is thaT Bowlen's wife or daughter?

That's the monster that used to be his wife. He developed Alzheimer's just to forget what she looks like.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:29 am

@JonM229 wrote:

Yikes! That woman looked like she had Mike Tyson as her plastic surgeon.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:32 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:

That's the monster that used to be his wife.  He developed Alzheimer's just to forget what she looks like.
She should fire her plastic surgeon.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:43 am

When I saw her I thought of this freak.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:44 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
When I saw her I thought of this freak.

http://celebbotox.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Catwoman-Plastic-Surgery-3.jpg
The island of Dr. Morneau.

Mod Edit:
Image removed because it exceeded the width of the forum.
Click the link to view the image.

-Wally
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:46 am

Sorry about the size. I changed the pic, but Immaculate already quoted it.

Back to top Go down
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:33 am

My general thoughts on SB 50:

I thought it was an OK game but I was expecting more on offense.
Peyton didn't play particularly well and of course Cam hat a shitty game overall.  
The main event was obviously Denver's defense and if they didn't play as well as they did this could have been a completely different game.

But Denver took care of business and they deserved to win.

As for Cam being a polarizing person, I don't understand why that's so.
He is who he is and either you like him or you don't, just like any other player.
I like him, I think he'll learn from this and I think he'll be in the conversation for years to come.

I still can't stand Nantz and Simms (so nothing's changed on that score).

And for the second time in recent years I managed to watch the entire game without having to sit through a single commercial or the halftime show.  
As always I of course credit the invention of the DVR as being the primary reason that such things are possible,
but I'm also going to credit my own timely dinner and cigarette breaks as being a significant factor as well. (I'm patting myself on the back for a job-well-done!)  

Now that the Canonization of Saint Peyton is complete and he (hopefully, please...please...please...) retires, I am now looking forward to the 2016 Steeler football season.

Last edited by FanSince72 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl 50
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: