HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Super Bowl 50

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:39 am

@FanSince72 wrote:
My general thoughts on SB 50:

I thought it was an OK game but I was expecting more on offense.
Peyton didn't play particularly well and of course Cam hat a shitty game overall.  
The main event was obviously Denver's defense and if they didn't play as well as they did this could have been a completely different game.

But Denver took care of business and they deserved to win.

As for Cam being a polarizing person, I don't understand why that's so.
He is who he is and either you like him or you don't, just like any other player.
I like him, I think he'll learn from this and I think he'll be in the conversation for years to come.

I still can't stand Nantz and Simms (so nothing's changed on that score).

And for the second time in recent years I managed to watch the entire game without having to sit through a single commercial or the halftime show.  
As always I of course credit the invention of the DVR as being the primary reason that such things are possible, but I'm also going to credit my own timely dinner and cigarette breaks as being a significant factor as well. (I'm patting myself on the back for a job-well-done!)  

Now that the Canonization of Saint Peyton is complete and he (hopefully) retires, I am now looking forward to the 2016 Steeler football season.

Don't worry. You didn't miss a thing in commercials or halftime. The commercials have been terrible for quite some time now. Now all we have is puppymonkeybaby. WTF?!?

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
Don't worry. You didn't miss a thing in commercials or halftime. The commercials have been terrible for quite some time now. Now all we have is puppymonkeybaby. WTF?!?

Seriously that was the stupidest thing Ive ever seen, I'm going to make it a point to never drink mountain dew ever again in my life lol
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:04 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@FanSince72 wrote:
My general thoughts on SB 50:

I thought it was an OK game but I was expecting more on offense.
Peyton didn't play particularly well and of course Cam hat a shitty game overall.  
The main event was obviously Denver's defense and if they didn't play as well as they did this could have been a completely different game.

But Denver took care of business and they deserved to win.

As for Cam being a polarizing person, I don't understand why that's so.
He is who he is and either you like him or you don't, just like any other player.
I like him, I think he'll learn from this and I think he'll be in the conversation for years to come.

I still can't stand Nantz and Simms (so nothing's changed on that score).

And for the second time in recent years I managed to watch the entire game without having to sit through a single commercial or the halftime show.  
As always I of course credit the invention of the DVR as being the primary reason that such things are possible, but I'm also going to credit my own timely dinner and cigarette breaks as being a significant factor as well. (I'm patting myself on the back for a job-well-done!)  

Now that the Canonization of Saint Peyton is complete and he (hopefully) retires, I am now looking forward to the 2016 Steeler football season.

Awww my mom thought puppymonkeybaby was cute. I do like the Snickers ones though. I thought though we were supposed to see some new Coke ad with Mean Joe and the Kid though. I am glad there aren't any more GoDaddy ads though. I mean don't get me wrong. I love beautiful women but I always found their ads trying too hard and besides that kind of service isn't sexy.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:38 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

Seriously that was the stupidest thing Ive ever seen, I'm going to make it a point to never drink mountain dew ever again in my life lol

In celebration of Puppymonkeybaby, I bought a Kickstart to go with my lunch. I'm hoping for Puppymonkeybaby to show up and lick my face.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Interesting reading material. Yahoo rated the worst winning QB performances in SB history. Manning's performance yesterday is up there, but the author thinks Ben's in XL was the worst.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-peyton-manning-turn-in-worst-game-by-super-bowl-winning-qb-050101109.html
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:44 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Interesting reading material. Yahoo rated the worst winning QB performances in SB history. Manning's performance yesterday is up there, but the author thinks Ben's in XL was the worst.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-peyton-manning-turn-in-worst-game-by-super-bowl-winning-qb-050101109.html
it's hard to fault them for that. Ben was awful in that game but those who say that the run game and defense just carried him there did not see how he did against Cincy, Denver, and Indy in the road to SBXL. Anyhow, it's a team game and I've seen many games and seasons where Peyton was great but his D let the team down.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:13 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

it's hard to fault them for that. Ben was awful in that game but those who say that the run game and defense just carried him there did not see how he did against Cincy, Denver, and Indy in the road to SBXL. Anyhow, it's a team game and I've seen many games and seasons where Peyton was great but his D let the team down.  

Unlike Ben in the run up to SB XL, "The Sheriff" (where did that name come from?) was mediocre throughout the playoffs

Completions/Attempts 51 - 92
Yards 539
Completion % 55.4
Yards per attempt 5.86
TDs 2
Longest completion 34
INT 1
Fumbles 4
QBR 26.1
Rating 75.4

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428

Peyton Manning was actually worse than Trent Dilfer in the Super Bowl

As it turned out, Manning was worse than Dilfer, who has come to define the Super Bowl-winning quarterback carried by his defense.

In the Denver Broncos' 24-10 win over the Carolina Panthers, Manning was 13 of 23 (56.6 percent) for 141 yards. He thew no touchdowns and one interception for a 56.6 passer rating, which ranks as the fourth-worst in Super Bowl history for winning quarterbacks.

Dilfer actually put up slightly better numbers 15 years ago than Manning, when he quarterbacked the Baltimore Ravens to a 34-7 victory over the New York Giants in the Super Bowl. He threw for 153 yards (12 more yards than Manning) with one touchdown and no interceptions. Dilfer's passing rating of 80.9 was far better than that of Manning.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/198054/peyton-manning-was-actually-worse-than-trent-dilfer-in-the-super-bowl

Dilfer's stats for the entire 2000 playoffs also are superior to Peyton's

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DilfTr00.htm
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:22 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Unlike Ben in the run up to SB XL, "The Sheriff" (where did that name come from?) was mediocre throughout the playoffs

Completions/Attempts 51 - 92
Yards 539
Completion % 55.4
Yards per attempt 5.86
TDs 2
Longest completion 34
INT 1
Fumbles 4
QBR 26.1
Rating 75.4

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428

As it turned out, Manning was worse than Dilfer, who has come to define the Super Bowl-winning quarterback carried by his defense.

In the Denver Broncos' 24-10 win over the Carolina Panthers, Manning was 13 of 23 (56.6 percent) for 141 yards. He thew no touchdowns and one interception for a 56.6 passer rating, which ranks as the fourth-worst in Super Bowl history for winning quarterbacks.

Dilfer actually put up slightly better numbers 15 years ago than Manning, when he quarterbacked the Baltimore Ravens to a 34-7 victory over the New York Giants in the Super Bowl. He threw for 153 yards (12 more yards than Manning) with one touchdown and no interceptions. Dilfer's passing rating of 80.9 was far better than that of Manning.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/198054/peyton-manning-was-actually-worse-than-trent-dilfer-in-the-super-bowl

I meant just in the game. But yeah Peyton was definitely carried by the defense in the playoffs. That nickname though. Never heard it before for him either weird.
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:17 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:

Seriously, where did that name come from? Never heard it before today and I've heard it about a hundred times already.
Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:42 pm

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Did this game bum anyone else out, knowing that our team despite all the injuries was that close to beating Denver?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:53 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Did this game bum anyone else out, knowing that our team despite all the injuries was that close to beating Denver?
It was bittersweet but in a way also rewarding since I think we played Denver the ebst of anyone all season. I have no idea how we would have done against NE though. Our defense just doesn't compare to theirs and Brady for some reason really really sucks in Denver. So yeah I know where you're coming from here. I don't think we play them next year either since I think we go up against the AFC East and as Denver won their division, we're going to play the second place team, the Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:25 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:

Last night I told my sister (who's married to a Broncos fan) that Trent Dilfer could have won with that defense.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:50 pm

I can't believe there's controversy over the halftime show.  Not with Coldplay of course.  Coldplay is what would happen if oatmeal, Wonder Bread, skim milk, wallpaper, the color beige, and a pair of Dockers had a baby.

But see:

Rush Limbaugh: The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was "Representative Of The Cultural Decay And The Political Decay And The Social Rot That Is Befalling Our Country."

Rudy Giuliani: Beyoncé's "Outrageous" Performance Was Just A "Platform To Attack" Police Officers.

Stuart Varney: "Why Is Race Brought Into The Halftime Show At A Super Bowl Game?"

Breitbart News: Beyoncé Owes Her "Success To The Capitalist System The Leftist Black Lives Matter Movement Is Intent On Destroying."

Laura Ingraham: "In 'Formation,' Women Dressed Like Prostitutes."

When the right talks about people getting offended over nothing these days, do they hear themselves?

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:57 pm

I thought the SB halftime show was bland. I like Coldplay, but I don't think they are a SB stage worthy band. We already saw Bruno Mars two years ago and Beyonce three years ago.

Regarding Mars, there was an article posted here or somewhere else about the SB halftime festivities. If I remember correctly, the committee was headed by a woman who was the biggest self proclaimed Bruno Mars fan. By her dictation, Bruno Mars must be included in any planned performances.

Regardless, I think the committee is so afraid of getting it wrong, they get it wrong by trying to please every demographic and making something for everyone.

To fix? Go back to a single band playing a few choice songs. If you are going to do two, 1 song by both and perhaps a collaboration or two.

Last edited by jak341 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:58 pm

@Vis wrote:
I can't believe there's controversy over the halftime show.  Not with Coldplay of course.  Coldplay is what would happen if oatmeal, Wonder Bread, skim milk, wallpaper, the color beige, and a pair of Dockers had a baby.

But see:

Rush Limbaugh: The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was "Representative Of The Cultural Decay And The Political Decay And The Social Rot That Is Befalling Our Country."

Rudy Giuliani: Beyoncé's "Outrageous" Performance Was Just A "Platform To Attack" Police Officers.

Stuart Varney: "Why Is Race Brought Into The Halftime Show At A Super Bowl Game?"

Breitbart News: Beyoncé Owes Her "Success To The Capitalist System The Leftist Black Lives Matter Movement Is Intent On Destroying."

When the right talks about people getting offended over nothing these days, do they hear themselves?
I know right? I seriously don't know where they're getting the Black Panthers thing. Beyonce and the singers were wearing fishnets. It was meant to be erotic if anything not political. But yeah I'm with you, I don't want to turn this political but I think it's hysterical hearing about how people get offended over nothing from well the people who get offended over nothing. These people all need to get a fucking life already.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:07 pm

@Vis wrote:

But see:

I know right? I seriously don't know where they're getting the Black Panthers thing. Beyonce and the singers were wearing fishnets. It was meant to be erotic if anything not political. But yeah I'm with you, I don't want to turn this political but I think it's hysterical hearing about how people get offended over nothing from well the people who get offended over nothing.  These people all need to get a fucking life already.

Ummm  - maybe because of photos like this

My bet is the Panther imagery was not unintentional

You could not hear the full lyrics to Formation during the show (at least I do not recall hearing “When he fuck me good, I take his ass to Red Lobster”) but Formation is among other things a political statement on topics including Black Lives Matter

Beyoncé in ‘Formation’: Entertainer, Activist, Both?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/07/arts/music/beyonce-formation-super-bowl-video.html

As far as right wing America being offended  because the halftime shows in their view have gone to hell ever since Up With People was tossed, too damn bad

And who says Beyonce is bad for capitalism?

People Are Going To Red Lobster Now Because Of Beyoncé

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/gimme-those-cheddar-biscuits#.asqX5QWLZ
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:14 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@Vis wrote:

But see:

I know right? I seriously don't know where they're getting the Black Panthers thing. Beyonce and the singers were wearing fishnets. It was meant to be erotic if anything not political. But yeah I'm with you, I don't want to turn this political but I think it's hysterical hearing about how people get offended over nothing from well the people who get offended over nothing.  These people all need to get a fucking life already.

Ummm  - maybe because of photos like this

My bet is the Panther imagery was not unintentional

You could not hear the full lyrics to Formation during the show (at least I do not recall hearing “When he fuck me good, I take his ass to Red Lobster”) but Formation is among other things a political statement on topics including Black Lives Matter

Beyoncé in ‘Formation’: Entertainer, Activist, Both?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/07/arts/music/beyonce-formation-super-bowl-video.html

As far as right wing America being offended  because the halftime shows in their view have gone to hell ever since Up With People was tossed, too damn bad
They do offend quite easily. Anyhow, I see that it probably was intended to be a statement now but these people do need to get the hell over themselves.
Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:58 pm

oh no, there's more

Did the Super Bowl Halftime Show Promote Gay Marriage? The Moment That Has Some Claiming That ‘LGBT Love’ Was Touted.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/08/did-the-super-bowl-halftime-show-promote-lgbt-love-the-moment-that-has-some-claiming-gay-marriage-was-promoted/

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 pm

@Vis wrote:
oh no, there's more

Did the Super Bowl Halftime Show Promote Gay Marriage? The Moment That Has Some Claiming That ‘LGBT Love’ Was Touted.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/08/did-the-super-bowl-halftime-show-promote-lgbt-love-the-moment-that-has-some-claiming-gay-marriage-was-promoted/
Gay marriage? They meant that thing that the Supreme Court said was legal and constitutional in this country. Yes, the Super Bowl also promoted drinking, another constitutional right people have. If you don't like gay marriage, simple don't attend one but it is legal in this country and there's nothing wrong with celebrating it just like there was nothing wrong with an African-American Packer that played for Lombardi in the Lombardi years having a white wife.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:31 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Not at all. What beat the Pats*** and the Panthers is the Broncos defense. It would be a totally different game if the Steelers face the Pats*** or the Panthers because the Steelers wouldn't have those kind of pressure to kill Brady and Cam Newton.

Instead, it made me think that this year the Steelers were not ready yet. But the coming season is. Strengthen the defense and keep everyone healthy then the Steelers should be there.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:50 pm

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:49 am

Lets keep political discussions confined to the politics forum. Thanks.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:52 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
Lets keep political discussions confined to the politics forum. Thanks.
You got it. Rant out. Anyhow speaking of the game, I thought it was refreshing to see a game where neither QB dominated and it was just good defense. Denver's defense of course did great but Carolina's was pretty good too. I wonder how we would have fared against them since we actually stop the run pretty well but struggle with the pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl 50   

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl 50
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: