HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:56 pm

The Detroit Lions might be forced to move on without one of the franchise's all-time greats.

Wide receiver Calvin Johnson told coach Jim Caldwell at the conclusion of the season that the 2015 campaign would be his final run in the NFL, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday.

Johnson informed family and select friends of the decision before the season, according to the report.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/01/31/calvin-johnson-plans-retire-megatron-detroit/79612146/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:05 am

One year, vet minimum should convince him to come play for us.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:11 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:

You chuckle, but you think he wouldn't jump at the attempt to play for a Super Bowl contender for 1 or 2 years?

I think he would, I just hope he doesn't go to the Patriots*****

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:47 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:

vet minimum and he has to admit Brown is the best WR in the league

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:29 am

Probably a barry sanders type of situation. he wants to play somewhere else but they won't trade him. after a while you gotta get sick of losing and just want to hang it up
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:42 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

You chuckle, but you think he wouldn't jump at the attempt to play for a Super Bowl contender for 1 or 2 years?

I think he would, I just hope he doesn't go to the Patriots******

Sadly enough, there were some reports indicating a mutual interest between Johnson and the Pats*.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:52 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I think he would, I just hope he doesn't go to the Patriots*******

Sadly enough, there were some reports indicating a mutual interest between Johnson and the Pats**.
Man I hope that's not true. I hope he just retires. I get that he's frustrated with the Lions being a perennial loser but I really don't like the idea of threatening to retire if you don't get sent to an instant contender. If Calvin went to Pats*, I'd lose a lot of respect and I'd hope for their locker room to implode with all the egos in there.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:03 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I think he would, I just hope he doesn't go to the Patriots********

Sadly enough, there were some reports indicating a mutual interest between Johnson and the Pats***.
Man I hope that's not true. I hope he just retires. I get that he's frustrated with the Lions being a perennial loser but I really don't like the idea of threatening to retire if you don't get sent to an instant contender. If Calvin went to Pats**, I'd lose a lot of respect and I'd hope for their locker room to implode with all the egos in there.

I still cherish the "Eagles' dream team that turned into a nightmare" -Every sports writer that year

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:04 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I think he would, I just hope he doesn't go to the Patriots*********

Sadly enough, there were some reports indicating a mutual interest between Johnson and the Pats****.
Man I hope that's not true. I hope he just retires. I get that he's frustrated with the Lions being a perennial loser but I really don't like the idea of threatening to retire if you don't get sent to an instant contender. If Calvin went to Pats***, I'd lose a lot of respect and I'd hope for their locker room to implode with all the egos in there.

I still cherish the "Eagles' dream team that turned into a nightmare"  -Every sports writer that year
Yeah I loved that too. That was priceless.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:24 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I think he would, I just hope he doesn't go to the Patriots******

Reports I heard on the radio this morning were that Johnson has informed the team he's retiring, so I guess we don't need to find out.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:07 am

Lions continue to crush generational talents.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire   

Back to top Go down

Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: