HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:16 am

Confirmation of my opinion in this poll

According to a recent poll conducted by Public Policy Polling, New England and Dallas are America's two least-favorite NFL teams....

23 percent of respondents said that the Patriots*** were their least-favorite team in the NFL. Another 20 percent said it was the Cowboys. No other team received over nine percent of the vote.

As it turns out, America seems to have a love-hate relationship with the Cowboys and Patriots***, because they also did well in the favorite team category. The Patriots*** ranked third (11 percent of the vote) and the Cowboys ranked fourth (10 percent) on the list of America's favorite teams. Both teams finished behind the Packers and Panthers, who received 15 and 13 percent of the vote.

Link to full article

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25475533/poll-the-Patriots***-and-cowboys-are-americas-least-favorite-nfl-teams

Poll results discussed in CBS article

The most popular team in the NFL is pretty bunched up. The Packers lead with 15% to 13% for the Panthers, 11% for the Patriots***, 10% for the Cowboys, 9% for the Steelers, 8% for the Broncos, 7% for the Giants, and 6% for the Seahawks....  

Our look at the most and least popular Quarterbacks in the NFL finds that....they're the same person. 23% say Tom Brady is their favorite QB to 16% for Peyton Manning, 13% for Aaron Rodgers, and 11% for Cam Newton. Brady has even more support when it comes to who people's least favorite QB is, with 29% to 10% for Tim Tebow with no one else in double digits. We still throw Tebow in our polling because he's such a lightning rod and despite not actually having played in the NFL in 3 years he comes out as the 5th most popular QB in the league at 7%, ahead of Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Eli Manning, and Drew Brees. That's thanks largely to Tebow finishing in a tie for second place among Republicans at 16%, behind Peyton Manning's 20%. ...

And we put the great question of our times to the test and found that only 21% of NFL fans think Joe Flacco is an elite Quarterback- 35% think he is not and 44% have no opinion on the matter one way or another

Link to full polling results

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_20516.pdf
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:40 am

Interesting heh to see the stark contrast in how TD dances are viewed by people of different political parties. I would have just thought that merely generational. Anyhow, I must be the only person in this country indifferent about Tim Tebow. I don't hate the guy but I did hate the constant slobber and why we have to love him since he's a good Christian blah blah (lots of guys in this league who are as devout as Tebow and who are as solid citizens as him who didn't get anywhere near the publicity). OOTH, some of the hate his way was silly too since he didn't play dirty or act like an asshole. One weird thing that does stand out to me. Where the hell did these Panthers fans come from? I always thought of them as a more regional team and i'm surprised to ese the 49ers who I always thought had a big national following not place well here. Not a surprise at the two most hated. The Cowboys and Patriots* are easy to hate but for different reasons. The Cowboys, you get tired of the coverage of a team that has been very average since the mid 90's and the Patriots* well are cheating assholes. I love that they asked about Flacco. Funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:47 am

Not 'Murica's team?!? Shocked  

And "pffft" to the Panthers being the second most popular team in America. If ever there was proof of bandwagon hopping, there it is. If you'd have polled those same people a year ago and mentioned the Panthers, I'd guess at least 65% of people who voted for them in this poll didn't even know the Carolinas even had a team at all.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:08 pm

People love to hate or hate to love Dallas and New England.

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:24 pm

@JPPT1974 wrote:

I thinks it's a combination of their obnoxious fan bases and the media (no doubt taking its cue from the NFL) trying to force them down our throats.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:11 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:

I thinks it's a combination of their obnoxious fan bases and the media (no doubt taking its cue from the NFL) trying to force them down our throats.
I think that's why yes. Patriots* fans are really obnoxious. They always have to tell you that Brady is the GOAT and if you think otherwise, you're just a hater who can't appreciate Tommy's greatness. There aren't as many vocal Cowboys fans but their hype with such average results definitely rubs people the wrong way. Seattle kind of annoys me too but I like their players but not a huge fan of their HC or their fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:

I think that's why yes. Patriots*** fans are really obnoxious. They always have to tell you that Brady is the GOAT and if you think otherwise, you're just a hater who can't appreciate Tommy's greatness. There aren't as many vocal Cowboys fans but their hype with such average results definitely rubs people the wrong way. Seattle kind of annoys me too but I like their players but not a huge fan of their HC or their fanbase.  

That's definitely what it is. Pats**** fans are the most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of punks I've ever seen. And when they lose, they always have an excuse, because how else can the greatest team in the history of the NFL possibly lose a game? By how arrogant they are you'd have expected them to win 10 super bowls in a row in the last decade or something.

And Cowboys eh, they haven't been relevant enough for me to really hate on them, but in the 90's, the Cowboys fans were every bit as annoying as the Patriots**** fans are today. Totally no class when their team won either, they'd often take the attitude where they were supposed to win because they're the Cowboys or whatever.

Though as of now my most hated team is the Bengals. If you wanna talk about a team / organization / fans who have zero class from the top to the bottom, there it is. Vontaze Burfict's cheap shots being condoned by their coach, and fans throwing stuff at ben when he's getting carted off / cheering when antonio brown went down. I don't know if there's a more classless organization in the league.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:26 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:

I think that's why yes. Patriots*** fans are really obnoxious. They always have to tell you that Brady is the GOAT and if you think otherwise, you're just a hater who can't appreciate Tommy's greatness. There aren't as many vocal Cowboys fans but their hype with such average results definitely rubs people the wrong way. Seattle kind of annoys me too but I like their players but not a huge fan of their HC or their fanbase.  

That's definitely what it is. Pats**** fans are the most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of punks I've ever seen. And when they lose, they always have an excuse, because how else can the greatest team in the history of the NFL possibly lose a game? By how arrogant they are you'd have expected them to win 10 super bowls in a row in the last decade or something.

And Cowboys eh, they haven't been relevant enough for me to really hate on them, but in the 90's, the Cowboys fans were every bit as annoying as the Patriots**** fans are today. Totally no class when their team won either, they'd often take the attitude where they were supposed to win because they're the Cowboys or whatever.
I've pointed out to some of them before that Dan Rooney is part of why they still play in Massachusetts and didn't get moved. I hate their attitude too. I see them condescending talk to fans of other teams who you know who had a history BBB (Before Brady and Belichick) and it just pisses me off. I mean I do joke on the Browns but I do know about Otto Graham, Jim Brown and how they were a strong team in the pre SB era. Pats* fans think the past 15 years is the only thing that matters though. I'm going to enjoy seeing them inevitably have a decade like we did in the 80's or maybe even worse. I think the comp between the two fan bases is apt though. We had a lot of bandwagon Cowboys fans when I was a kid in the 90's but this generation of kids are on the Brady bandwagon. My brother and his friends were all born around the time the Pats* first became a contender and so many of his friends are NE fans. Not him thankfully, I taught him right! But the weirdest thing is how many of them actually outright hate the city of Pittsburgh, a city they've never been to. As much as I hate Boston sports teams and their fans, I actually enjoy the city of Boston quite a bit. Shit I even enjoy Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams   

Back to top Go down

Poll results - Patriots*** & Cowboys - America's least-favorite NFL teams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: