HomeRenegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players Empty
PostSubject: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:57 am

KEARNY, N.J. – A University of Miami booster, incarcerated for his role in a $930 million Ponzi scheme, has told Yahoo! Sports he provided thousands of impermissible benefits to at least 72 athletes from 2002 through 2010.

In 100 hours of jailhouse interviews during Yahoo! Sports’ 11-month investigation, Hurricanes booster Nevin Shapiro described a sustained, eight-year run of rampant NCAA rule-breaking, some of it with the knowledge or direct participation of at least seven coaches from the Miami football and basketball programs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news;_ylt=AkuiCKbQmh.YuEfr71vM54w5nYcB?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611
--------------------------------------

Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players 2893009358

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:17 am

Part of me hopes that Miami gets everything they deserve. I paid good money to go to college, and just getting a higher education and having an opportunity to play professional football isn't enough for these athletes. That infuriates me. Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players 91350288

Another part of me is hoping that this all is untrue and nothing happens. All these allegations are starting to tarnish college football (IMO) and pretty soon the Dutch boy is going to pull his finger out of the dam.

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 am

NCAA Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players 1505004552

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 pm

The NCAA should hire Roger Goodell as commissioner. He'll fix everything

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Here's a post I made in the Tressel thread after he resigned:

@Wallace108 wrote:
I'm willing to bet this kind of stuff happens at just about every school. Tressel just got caught. Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players 294855916

I stand by that statement. The NCAA is more corrupt than the schools/boosters who do this stuff. EVERY major school does it, but the NCAA looks the other way because busting a big-time program isn't good for business. If the NCAA really cared about rule violations, they could investigate every major school and find tons of "illegal" activity. But they don't. They don't look at it unless they're forced to look at it. Instead of calling Ohio State or Miami out on the carpet, I think it's time for the NCAA to be called out on the carpet. Either come up with a fair system to allow players to be compensated, or start enforcing the rules aggressively ... not just when it's exposed by someone else.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

EVERY major school does it

Even the smaller schools do it, just on a smaller level. I have heard about multiple athletes at BGSU that get involved with that stuff. Appearantly, playing football for BGSU makes you royalty Rolling Eyes

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:58 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Even the smaller schools do it, just on a smaller level. I have heard about multiple athletes at BGSU that get involved with that stuff. Appearantly, playing football for BGSU makes you royalty Rolling Eyes

Yeah, especially with the likes of Shaun Suisham Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players 1664291743

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players   Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players Empty

Back to top Go down

Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NCAA Football-
Jump to: