HomeBuilding my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Building my first PC Gaming Rig

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2850
Likes : 533
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:43 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Anybody else pick up The Division on PC?


Probably won't pick it up. FPS games just aren't my cup of tea anymore.

On an unrelated note, I read some of the most depressing PC information today. The game I am waiting for, Dark Souls III [and THE reason why I built this system], is going to be locked to 30fps.

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 2164293255
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:13 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Anybody else pick up The Division on PC?


Probably won't pick it up. FPS games just aren't my cup of tea anymore.

On an unrelated note, I read some of the most depressing PC information today. The game I am waiting for, Dark Souls III [and THE reason why I built this system], is going to be locked to 30fps.

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 2164293255

It's actually more of a third person shooter / rpg.. I didn't get to play it very long last night, but I plan to play it some more tonight after I get home from my daughter's school play. :)
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Anybody else pick up The Division on PC?


Probably won't pick it up. FPS games just aren't my cup of tea anymore.

On an unrelated note, I read some of the most depressing PC information today. The game I am waiting for, Dark Souls III [and THE reason why I built this system], is going to be locked to 30fps.

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 2164293255

It's actually more of a third person shooter / rpg.. I didn't get to play it very long last night, but I plan to play it some more tonight after I get home from my daughter's school play.  :)

I've only found a hour or two to play it so far but I love it!

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:55 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Anybody else pick up The Division on PC?


Probably won't pick it up. FPS games just aren't my cup of tea anymore.

On an unrelated note, I read some of the most depressing PC information today. The game I am waiting for, Dark Souls III [and THE reason why I built this system], is going to be locked to 30fps.

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 2164293255

It's actually more of a third person shooter / rpg.. I didn't get to play it very long last night, but I plan to play it some more tonight after I get home from my daughter's school play.  :)

I've only found a hour or two to play it so far but I love it!

I'm DeathTrip07 on UPlay if you want to add me.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 2:05 am

@Lokki wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Anybody else pick up The Division on PC?


Probably won't pick it up. FPS games just aren't my cup of tea anymore.

On an unrelated note, I read some of the most depressing PC information today. The game I am waiting for, Dark Souls III [and THE reason why I built this system], is going to be locked to 30fps.

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 2164293255

It's actually more of a third person shooter / rpg.. I didn't get to play it very long last night, but I plan to play it some more tonight after I get home from my daughter's school play.  :)

I've only found a hour or two to play it so far but I love it!

I'm DeathTrip07 on UPlay if you want to add me.  

Hell yeah, if I find some time this morning I'll get you added. I'm SHiBBY927 on Uplay and Steam.

Just have a lot going on at the moment with my friend's visitation tomorrow so I have to get ready for that. Not a whole lot of free time.

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 6:38 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Anybody else pick up The Division on PC?


Probably won't pick it up. FPS games just aren't my cup of tea anymore.

On an unrelated note, I read some of the most depressing PC information today. The game I am waiting for, Dark Souls III [and THE reason why I built this system], is going to be locked to 30fps.

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 2164293255

It's actually more of a third person shooter / rpg.. I didn't get to play it very long last night, but I plan to play it some more tonight after I get home from my daughter's school play.  :)

I've only found a hour or two to play it so far but I love it!

I'm DeathTrip07 on UPlay if you want to add me.  

Hell yeah, if I find some time this morning I'll get you added. I'm SHiBBY927 on Uplay and Steam.

Just have a lot going on at the moment with my friend's visitation tomorrow so I have to get ready for that. Not a whole lot of free time.

Yeah I am DeathTrip07 on Steam too. I bought the retail version though since I got 20% off at Best Buy and I had a $10 reward zone certificate. Steam wouldn't take the product key though, so mine goes strictly through Uplay.

NP, I'm pretty busy at the moment as well. I got to level 6 last night though. Enjoying the game so far.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 8:11 am

I'm thinking about picking up Rainbow Six Siege as well, looks like a lot of fun on the PC, and it benchmarks well with my GPU.

Funny thought I had on my mind. I wonder why they call it PC "building". Most people, like myself just buy parts and assemble the computer. I would really think for it to be called building you would need to be fabricating something yourself... It's like the guys on Orange County Choppers calling themselves builders... They order a bunch of pre-built parts, assemble it, and then have outside companies do the paintwork and what not. Perhaps I'm over thinking it! Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 1797695198

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2850
Likes : 533
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:27 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm thinking about picking up Rainbow Six Siege as well, looks like a lot of fun on the PC, and it benchmarks well with my GPU.

Funny thought I had on my mind. I wonder why they call it PC "building". Most people, like myself just buy parts and assemble the computer. I would really think for it to be called building you would need to be fabricating something yourself... It's like the guys on Orange County Choppers calling themselves builders... They order a bunch of pre-built parts, assemble it, and then have outside companies do the paintwork and what not. Perhaps I'm over thinking it! Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 1797695198

You're overthinking it. Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 3798349058

For those that care, PC Gamer says Dark Souls III will run at 60fps on the PC and has been confirmed by Namco-Bandi.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm thinking about picking up Rainbow Six Siege as well, looks like a lot of fun on the PC, and it benchmarks well with my GPU.

Funny thought I had on my mind. I wonder why they call it PC "building". Most people, like myself just buy parts and assemble the computer. I would really think for it to be called building you would need to be fabricating something yourself... It's like the guys on Orange County Choppers calling themselves builders... They order a bunch of pre-built parts, assemble it, and then have outside companies do the paintwork and what not. Perhaps I'm over thinking it! Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 1797695198

I've heard that Siege is pretty good. I haven't gotten it yet. I will probably wait for a sale. I have so much in my Steam Library that I haven't played thanks to humblebundle.com and other deal sites. Speaking of humblebundle. If you are a Star Wars game fan, they have a Star Wars bundle right now. For $10 or more, you get a whole bunch of Star Wars games on Steam and it goes to a good cause. https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 3:30 am

@Lokki wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm thinking about picking up Rainbow Six Siege as well, looks like a lot of fun on the PC, and it benchmarks well with my GPU.

Funny thought I had on my mind. I wonder why they call it PC "building". Most people, like myself just buy parts and assemble the computer. I would really think for it to be called building you would need to be fabricating something yourself... It's like the guys on Orange County Choppers calling themselves builders... They order a bunch of pre-built parts, assemble it, and then have outside companies do the paintwork and what not. Perhaps I'm over thinking it! Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 1797695198

I've heard that Siege is pretty good.  I haven't gotten it yet.  I will probably wait for a sale.  I have so much in my Steam Library that I haven't played thanks to humblebundle.com and other deal sites.  Speaking of humblebundle.  If you are a Star Wars game fan, they have a Star Wars bundle right now.  For $10 or more, you get a whole bunch of Star Wars games on Steam and it goes to a good cause.  https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars


Thanks for the tip!

Siege looks really fun from some of the videos I've been watching on youtube. I'm like you, I kind of wait for the best deal to come around.

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 1:59 am

Got with a business I'm familiar with from my car club, and had my custom badge guy make me up this to add a finishing touch to my rig:

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 AMD_zpsx5pgz7lv

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2850
Likes : 533
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 am

I bought Cities: Skylines yesterday. I logged 12 hours of game time. It's that addicting. It's one of those games you can turn on and walk away from and let gametime progress.

Fantastic game if you city building simulators.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Back on topic.. Iowa, how are you liking your R9 390X?

I'm going to finally break down and buy my new video card. I'm debating between the GTX 970 and the R9 390. Everything is pointing to the R9 390. How is your card on heat? I keep hearing that the R9s run much hotter than the GTX 970s. I know that they definitely use more power, but I have a beefy enough power supply, so I am not worried about that. My case also has plenty of room.

I think that I will go with the 390 vs the 390X though. It just doesn't seem like a big enough jump to justify the extra $100. If I can catch a 390X on sale over the next couple of weeks, I may jump on it then. Either one is a huge jump over my current GTX 560 Ti. Surprisingly Division runs pretty well on it, but the settings aren't very high either. I'm going to have about 50 hours of OT on my next pay check, so I figured that I deserved a new video card after that. lol
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Well, I found a deal on a 390X and pulled the trigger. I got the MSI one. It is on sale for $379.. plus has a $20 rebate. It also comes with a free MSI mouse, which I will give to one of my kids, and a free copy of Hitman. At least it will match my MSI motherboard. :)
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:43 pm

@Lokki wrote:
Well, I found  a deal on a 390X and pulled the trigger.  I got the MSI one.  It is on sale for $379.. plus has a $20 rebate.  It also comes with a free MSI mouse, which I will give to one of my kids, and a free copy of Hitman.  At least it will match my MSI motherboard.  :)

I think you're gonna love your 390X. I have the Sapphire OC'd version. Paid $380 for mine as well. They do get toasty so watch your temps, mine stays pretty cool, it has Sapphire's "Tri-X" cooling, which is a fancy way of saying it's got three fans cooling it.

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:04 pm

I was browsing ebay and came across a Logitech G710 gaming keyboard that was only sitting at about $35 in bids. Minor damage to the very lower left hand of the keyboard, but tested and fully functional. I put in a bid of $40 and ended up winning. These keyboards are $100 new, and the cheapest refurbished ones I've seen are $65.

I got it today, just a day after paying for it. Gotta say I'm in love. It's a mechanical keyboard with the cherry mx switches and I'm a huge fan. Someone on the PC Builders group I'm in was saying "Once you go clack, you never go back", I have to say I agree! Love this thing so far, and can't even see the minor damage to it with the wrist rest attached.

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:41 am

Nice. I have a Razer Chroma Black Widow mechanical keyboard. I ended up putting the little o-rings under each key to quiet them down some though. But yeah, mechanical is the way to go for gaming.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2850
Likes : 533
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 11:19 am

For those that care: Dark Souls III releases on the PC /XBox / PS tomorrow.

It's already out in Japan. Although I refuse to read anything about it, I have read it is a top notch game with a great story line. One person described the ending as "tear inducing". It's hard to believe that in a Dark Souls game, where there are few characters you bond with.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2850
Likes : 533
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:04 am

Downloaded and installed DS III last night. It's nice to be in the saddle again. I've died something like 15 times already.

I'm running a Sorceress build, so I am far outside my comfort zone. I usually stick with an assassin or cleric build.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm too in to The Division still to bother with DS3 atm. I will get to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:53 am

@Lokki wrote:
I'm too in to The Division still to bother with DS3 atm.  I will get to it eventually.

Speaking of The Division what level are you now? I finally beat the main story so I'm Level 30 from that. I've only briefly touched on the Dark Zone and managed to get to DZ Level 6. After yesterday's update though that added the new Incursion Mission, it says I'm DZ Level 0 again.

Excited to play through the daily missions and really start to build my character though.

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:42 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
I'm too in to The Division still to bother with DS3 atm.  I will get to it eventually.

Speaking of The Division what level are you now? I finally beat the main story so I'm Level 30 from that. I've only briefly touched on the Dark Zone and managed to get to DZ Level 6. After yesterday's update though that added the new Incursion Mission, it says I'm DZ Level 0 again.

Excited to play through the daily missions and really start to build my character though.

Welllll, I'm still level 22, but I'm DZ rank 21 (almost 22) as well. I kept reading on Reddit that it was better to get your DZ rank up to 30 before hitting level 30 because then you will have access to the better DZ gear right away since it requires rank 30 along with level 30. You have less griefers in the lower level versions of the DZ since people are on a fairly level playing field there. Plus, the blue drops that I am getting in the DZ are better than what you can get outside of it, so when I do go back to leveling up, my character will just be that much stronger.

Here's the Division subreddit if you haven't checked it out. https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 am

@Lokki wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
I'm too in to The Division still to bother with DS3 atm.  I will get to it eventually.

Speaking of The Division what level are you now? I finally beat the main story so I'm Level 30 from that. I've only briefly touched on the Dark Zone and managed to get to DZ Level 6. After yesterday's update though that added the new Incursion Mission, it says I'm DZ Level 0 again.

Excited to play through the daily missions and really start to build my character though.

Welllll, I'm still level 22, but I'm DZ rank 21 (almost 22) as well.  I kept reading on Reddit that it was better to get your DZ rank up to 30 before hitting level 30 because then you will have access to the better DZ gear right away since it requires rank 30 along with level 30.  You have less griefers in the lower level versions of the DZ since people are on a fairly level playing field there.  Plus, the blue drops that I am getting in the DZ are better than what you can get outside of it, so when I do go back to leveling up, my character will just be that much stronger.  

Here's the Division subreddit if you haven't checked it out.  https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision


Thanks for the info. I'll be hitting the DZ up. I hit it up solo last time and it was kind of fun trying to stay away from people. Like a game of cat and mouse because you never really know who is an enemy, and who isn't.

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm mostly doing it solo and killing NPCs. They are a fun challenge since they are all purple and yellow and have a lot of hit points. I've survived some crazy stuff. I've only been killed by rogues a couple of times.

I did join a random group the other night and stayed with them until I filled up all 30 slots in my extraction tab in my stash. That was fun. Most of the time I just play the game solo but that will be more of a struggle when I finally hit level 30.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3911
Likes : 1278
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 5:16 am

I need to find a good group of peeps to play with, much more fun when you've got a good group of people cooperating together.

_________________
Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content




Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Building my first PC Gaming Rig
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: The Game Room-
Jump to: