HomeBuilding my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Building my first PC Gaming Rig

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 6:44 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I need to find a good group of peeps to play with, much more fun when you've got a good group of people cooperating together.

Yeah I would love that as well, but my play time has been so sporadic lately between all of my OT work and coaching 2 soccer teams that I just hop on for small chunks here and there when I can. Last night I could've gotten on, but I chose to watch the Penguins game instead. :)
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 12:17 pm

I finally got to 30 last weekend, after reaching DZ rank 30 as well. I've been doing the daily hard missions trying to gear up some more.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:22 am

@Lokki wrote:
I finally got to 30 last weekend, after reaching DZ rank 30 as well.  I've been doing the daily hard missions trying to gear up some more.  

Yeah I think I'm at 30 now, I haven't played in a while. Kind of took a break from it and now I'm right back at it with World of Tanks.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 4:54 am

Did you guys see the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 announcement from Nvidia. Bunch of rumors flying around at this point but the 1080 is supposed to be better than a Titan X. I'll believe it when I see it. I want to see some benchmarks, but for the price they'll be asking I'll be making the switch to Nvidia if the rumors are true at all.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 3:10 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Did you guys see the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 announcement from Nvidia. Bunch of rumors flying around at this point but the 1080 is supposed to be better than a Titan X. I'll believe it when I see it. I want to see some benchmarks, but for the price they'll be asking I'll be making the switch to Nvidia if the rumors are true at all.

Saw this. The architecture, Pascal, is supposed to be a major technological leap. These cards are geared for the 4k gaming market. The price is surprising though. That is affordable. I was thinking upwards of $799.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:26 am

@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Saw this. The architecture, Pascal, is supposed to be a major technological leap. These cards are geared for the 4k gaming market. The price is surprising though. That is affordable. I was thinking upwards of $799.

I can't wait to see some official benchmarks, that'll tell me whether I want to spend money on one of those, or upgrade to something like a 980ti when the prices assuredly drop.

Preloaded DOOM last night, but been following a Reddit that says that DOOM is having issues with AMD video cards at the moment... sigh....

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:08 am

The Pascals are nice, but I'm content with my 390x at the moment.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 4:21 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I can't wait to see some official benchmarks, that'll tell me whether I want to spend money on one of those, or upgrade to something like a 980ti when the prices assuredly drop.

Preloaded DOOM last night, but been following a Reddit that says that DOOM is having issues with AMD video cards at the moment... sigh....

I'm all Dark Souls 3 all the time right now. Finished the game with my first character and doing some on-line play with her. My other character is progressing through the game.

A lot are saying wait it out a bit longer and get the 1080Ti, which may come out mere months after the 1080. The 1080Ti is going to HBM (High Bandwidth Memory) 2, as opposed to HBM.

I'm tempted to get one, but I may just wait for the 1080Ti. I'm in the process of acquiring a 2k monitor, and I think the 980Ti is enough to power a single monitor at max settings at 1440p / 60Hz on most AAA titles. I don't see me jumping into 4k anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 5:33 am

Really enjoying the little bit of DOOM I've played so far. The single player is pretty spot on, feels very much like DOOM, and the addition of the "glory" kill system doesn't feel alien, or take away from the game. Very fast paced, straight forward, unapologetic, violent shooter. Definitely nails the feel of DOOM much better than DOOM 3 ever did in my honest opinion. I'd recommend it for the single player alone. The multiplayer I haven't touched yet, but it's my understanding ID outsourced the multiplayer to another developer and the things I've been hearing and reading about it are not good at all.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:21 pm

My next title has been lined up. Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster have been ported to the PC. They are currently on sale on Steam for 20% off.

Not to mention the last DLC for the Witcher III is supposed to drop at the end of the month.

I should be lined up through the end of summer.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:55 am

Upgraded my mousepad yet again, this time I went with the Glorius PC Gaming Race mousepad that's 36" in length. So it fits both my mouse, and keyboard with more than enough room for my mouse to move about. I must say I quite enjoy it, the keyboard doesn't tend to slide around like it used to, and it's nice for me as I have a softer surface for my wrist to rest on.

Also logged into my old Battle.net account and reinstalled Diablo III, and Star Craft II. Somehow I have the Heart of the Swarm, and Legacy of the Void expansions for Star Craft even though I never purchased those, but I'm not going to complain. Also found they hadn't deleted my Diablo characters so that was a pleasant surprise!

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:46 am

I broke down and got Overwatch.  I'm really enjoying it.  My son has gotten hooked on it too.  He waits impatiently for me to take a break so he can jump on and play it.  

I'm Malkurus#1623 on B.Net if you want to add me.  

I did try out the new Search and Destroy stuff in Division yesterday.  It's a nice addition to the PVE side of it.  I didn't try one of the new High Value Target missions though.  It recommends a group and I was running solo at the time.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Keep us posted on what you think of it. It's on my radar.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:14 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Keep us posted on what you think of it. It's on my radar.

Overwatch?

If you played and liked TF2, you will like this. There are no weapon upgrades or anything. When you level up, you get loot boxes, which can contain new skins, voice lines, sprays, or credits. The credits you can use to unlock specific skins if you wish to get one without waiting on the RNG of the loot box to give it to you.

If you can get in a match with people that understand playing as a team and not going lone wolf, you will enjoy it even more. Most people understand this concept, but every now and then I wind up in a match with some idiots going lone wolf. I just wait for the match to end to get my exp, then I leave it and queue up again for a different match.

The heroes fall into either Offense, Defense, Tank, or Support roles and they each have unique weapons and abilities. I pretty much pick my hero based on what the group needs when we start. My favorites so far are Tracer, Pharah, Bastion, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Mercy. I've spent a little bit of time on the others but these are my go to heroes at the moment.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2016 3:26 am

I've got my eye on Overwatch. Wargaming putting the German Battleship Tirpitz back up for sale in World of Warships though... Tough decision. Overwatch, or Tirpitz lol.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 6:03 am

Hey @Lokki if you've got DOOM you should try running it with the new Vulkan API. Before when I was running it in OpenGL the game ran pretty smooth, but sometimes I'd get the occasional framerate dip. Now that they've finally come out with the new drivers and Vulkan API support, DOOM is one of the first games that supports it. Seems to take it longer to boot the game up from Steam, which is weird, but once it's running, the framerate is butter smooth.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 9:22 am

Anyone looking at No Man's Sky?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 7:58 am

@jak341 wrote:
Anyone looking at No Man's Sky?

Haven't really heard anything good about that game. Apparently it's a bunch of empty promises from all the reviews I've seen.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 7:45 am

Yep. When the reviews on Steam are almost all overwhelmingly negative, I stayed away.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:10 am

@jak341 wrote:
Yep. When the reviews on Steam are almost all overwhelmingly negative, I stayed away.

I've been sticking to the tried and true Battlefield 4 lately if I hop on my PC. Want to pick up Battlefield 1 but I'm kind of waiting until I get it for a good sale price, and after they've patched it, and come out with drivers with fixes for it. Anymore I don't like to buy AAA titles right when they're released.

Honestly I'm kind of on a retro kick though. Hooked up my PS1 last night and played a little Final Fantasy VIII.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 2:41 pm

I bought Dark Souls 1 and 2 during the Steam sale. I'll probably pick up FF 10 and 10-2 next.

I'm hoping Final Fantasy 15 comes to the PC. Current rumors say they are working on it and it could release on early 2018.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 1:27 am

@jak341 wrote:
I bought Dark Souls 1 and 2 during the Steam sale. I'll probably pick up FF 10 and 10-2 next.

I'm hoping Final Fantasy 15 comes to the PC. Current rumors say they are working on it and it could release on early 2018.

I picked up Metro Last Light Redux for $4.00 on the Steam Winter Sale. pretty happy with that. One of the most immersive single player experiences out there for $4.00, take my money!

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 11:05 am

I did pick up Final Fantasy X. I forgot how great of a game, and story, it really is.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 9:57 am

@jak341 wrote:
I did pick up Final Fantasy X. I forgot how great of a game, and story, it really is.

FF7-FFX are the best in the series by far. Kind of lost interest since those games were released.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building my first PC Gaming Rig   Building my first PC Gaming Rig - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Building my first PC Gaming Rig
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: The Game Room-
Jump to: