HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 am

Peter King breaks out the kneepads for some offseason thoughts on righting an egregious wrong

Shaky evidence, shady science and total disinterest in learning the truth are grounds for Roger Goodell to admit he erred by docking New England draft picks for Deflategate....

It’s been nine months since commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Tom Brady four games, fined the Patriots* $1 million and took away a first-round pick in the 2016 draft and a fourth-round pick in 2017 for the deflated footballs incident at the 2014 AFC Championship Game. ...

Goodell admitted his error with Ray Rice in 2014, and was wounded by it. He can admit an error again, and should, because it’s the right thing to do. He should give the draft picks back to New England.

Link to full fan letter below

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/21/roger-goodell-new-england-Patriots*-nfl-draft-picks-combine-preview
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:40 am

I haven't been able to read Peter King in years because of drivel like this

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:53 am

@JonM229 wrote:

I haven't been able to watch football in years because of drivel like this

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:24 am

@JonM229 wrote:

Perfect. That makes 2 of us. Other than a quick glance at what was posted on this thread I refuse to read King because of his idiocy.

"Shady Science", does he mean the fact that 11 of 12 of Pats** balls were deflated and zero of the Colts were? It seems scientific to me natural causes had no bearing on under-inflated footballs on that given day.

"Shaky evidence"  maybe that would be the text messages where the ball boys were complaining about brady's request to deflate the balls. Although the Pats** did explain that by saying the one guy was known by the nickname of 'deflator', or whatever it was, simply because he was trying to lose weight. That explains it      That excuse ranks right up there with they didn't know they were breaking rules by taping even though belicheat had previously been warned and the camera operator ran for his life when they caught him.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:47 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:

Perfect. That makes 2 of us. Other than a quick glance at what was posted on this thread I refuse to read King because of his idiocy.

"Shady Science", does he mean the fact that 11 of 12 of Pats*** balls were deflated and zero of the Colts were? It seems scientific to me natural causes had no bearing on under-inflated footballs on that given day.

"Shaky evidence"  maybe that would be the text messages where the ball boys were complaining about brady's request to deflate the balls. Although the Pats*** did explain that by saying the one guy was known by the nickname of 'deflator', or whatever it was, simply because he was trying to lose weight. That explains it      That excuse ranks right up there with they didn't know they were breaking rules by taping even though belicheat had previously been warned and the camera operator ran for his life when they caught him.
Or Brady not cooperating with the investigation. Goodell did mess up but this is more the case of someone (Brady) who got off on an technicality than was truly vindicated. There's no reason to vacate the fine and draft pick removal. Maybe if Petey didn't have such a hard on for the Pats*, he'd get it.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:02 am

I don't know what the legal aspects of this are, but can the NFL win and have the suspension upheld? It was my understanding the original reversal was based not on whether he was guilty or not, but on the fact the judge deemed the process unfair from a labor standpoint. If that is the case it seems this cannot change. However, I understood the NFL appeal was based on the fact that the NFL teams voted and gave the commissioner unlimited power to punish as he saw fit, something the Pats* voted in approval of. If that is the case it seems the NFL should win.

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:21 am

The player didn't cooperate with the investigation and the owner agrees to the loss of the draft pick......We're done here.

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:57 am

I'll make the following compromise:

I'll allow the NFL to give the Patriots***** their draft pick back...

if, and ONLY IF...

The Patriots***** agree to admitting their scandals are true and they change the SB winners from the years they won to the teams that lost.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:02 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I'll make the following compromise:

I'll allow the NFL to give the Patriots****** their draft pick back...

if, and ONLY IF...

The Patriots****** agree to admitting their scandals are true and they change the SB winners from the years they won to the teams that lost.

yes.

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:23 am

From a random message board posted by a Pats* fan:

"Goodell not only should apologize to the Pats*, he should award them their draft pick back plus an extra 1st round as a penalty to the league. The league punishes teams, so why can't teams be rewarded when falsely accused?"
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:26 am

@jak341 wrote:
From a random message board posted by a Pats** fan:

"Goodell not only should apologize to the Pats**, he should award them their draft pick back plus an extra 1st round as a penalty to the league. The league punishes teams, so why can't teams be rewarded when falsely accused?"

The delusion runs deep in New England

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:51 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
From a random message board posted by a Pats*** fan:

"Goodell not only should apologize to the Pats***, he should award them their draft pick back plus an extra 1st round as a penalty to the league. The league punishes teams, so why can't teams be rewarded when falsely accused?"

The delusion runs deep in New England

This jackass probably owns a "Free Aaron Hernandez" t-shirt too.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:03 pm

@jak341 wrote:
From a random message board posted by a Pats** fan:

"Goodell not only should apologize to the Pats**, he should award them their draft pick back plus an extra 1st round as a penalty to the league. The league punishes teams, so why can't teams be rewarded when falsely accused?"
Soooooooo much butt hurt. But yeah as said, Brady did not cooperate with the investigation and Kraft accepted the fine and lost draft pick. I do like the "compromise" where they admit they're tainted and give SBs to the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles though heh.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
From a random message board posted by a Pats*** fan:

"Goodell not only should apologize to the Pats***, he should award them their draft pick back plus an extra 1st round as a penalty to the league. The league punishes teams, so why can't teams be rewarded when falsely accused?"
Soooooooo much butt hurt. But yeah as said, Brady did not cooperate with the investigation and Kraft accepted the fine and lost draft pick. I do like the "compromise" where they admit they're tainted and give SBs to the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles though heh.

I would call them Massholes, but the chow-da-heads have turned it into a term of endearment.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:59 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
From a random message board posted by a Pats**** fan:

"Goodell not only should apologize to the Pats****, he should award them their draft pick back plus an extra 1st round as a penalty to the league. The league punishes teams, so why can't teams be rewarded when falsely accused?"

I would call them Massholes, but the chow-da-heads have turned it into a term of endearment.

"Douche bags" works just fine for me.

in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:44 pm

So much for legal scholar Peter King's theory that the NFL should just admit it was wrong and give the Pats***** their picks back

Oral argument was held today on the appeal from the District Court decision tossing Brady's suspension - the appellate judges may not be Pats***** fanboys

Appeals Court judges question Tom Brady’s Deflategate defense

A lawyer for Tom Brady faced withering questioning at the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals Thursday as three judges considered whether to reinstate the star quarterback’s four-game suspension for deflated footballs. ...

“The evidence of the ball tampering here is compelling if not overwhelming. How do we as appellate judges second-guess a four-game suspension?” Judge Denny Chin asked of Brady’s attorney Jeffrey Kessler.

The judges focused on Brady’s destruction of his cellphone during the inquiry that concluded in May, and portrayed the move as a glaring red flag to investigators.

“Anyone within 100 yards of this would have realized that the cell phone issue raised the stakes in this thing,” Judge Barrington Parker said.

Kessler insisted Brady regularly destroyed his phones out of privacy concerns.

“With all due respect, Mr. Brady's explanation of that made no sense at all,” Parker said

The judges also grilled NFL attorney Paul Clement on why Goodell thought deflating footballs deserved such a severe suspension.

But they then undermined that line of questioning by indicating  it was well within Goodell’s authority to hand down a severe punishment for conduct he deemed detrimental to the NFL.

Link to full article

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/appeals-judges-question-tom-brady-deflategate-defense-article-1.2552010

Even the Boston Globe is nervous

A decision in the NFL’s appeal of Federal District Judge Richard Berman’s vacating of Tom Brady’s four-game suspension likely won’t be announced for at least a couple months.

But if Thursday’s hearing in front of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit was any indication, Brady might have suffered his first crushing defeat of the 2016 season.

Link to full article

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2016/03/03/tom-brady-deflategate-appeal/TnrgVNVYDpa6n4VtBBJr2I/story.html

Globe reporter follows up with this twitter shot at Peter King

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:54 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
So much for legal scholar Peter King's theory that the NFL should just admit it was wrong and give the Pats****** their picks back

Oral argument was held today on the appeal from the District Court decision tossing Brady's suspension - the appellate judges may not be Pats****** fanboys

Appeals Court judges question Tom Brady’s Deflategate defense

A lawyer for Tom Brady faced withering questioning at the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals Thursday as three judges considered whether to reinstate the star quarterback’s four-game suspension for deflated footballs. ...

“The evidence of the ball tampering here is compelling if not overwhelming. How do we as appellate judges second-guess a four-game suspension?” Judge Denny Chin asked of Brady’s attorney Jeffrey Kessler.

The judges focused on Brady’s destruction of his cellphone during the inquiry that concluded in May, and portrayed the move as a glaring red flag to investigators.

“Anyone within 100 yards of this would have realized that the cell phone issue raised the stakes in this thing,” Judge Barrington Parker said.

Kessler insisted Brady regularly destroyed his phones out of privacy concerns.

“With all due respect, Mr. Brady's explanation of that made no sense at all,” Parker said

The judges also grilled NFL attorney Paul Clement on why Goodell thought deflating footballs deserved such a severe suspension.

But they then undermined that line of questioning by indicating  it was well within Goodell’s authority to hand down a severe punishment for conduct he deemed detrimental to the NFL.

Link to full article

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/appeals-judges-question-tom-brady-deflategate-defense-article-1.2552010

Even the Boston Globe is nervous

A decision in the NFL’s appeal of Federal District Judge Richard Berman’s vacating of Tom Brady’s four-game suspension likely won’t be announced for at least a couple months.

But if Thursday’s hearing in front of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit was any indication, Brady might have suffered his first crushing defeat of the 2016 season.

Link to full article

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2016/03/03/tom-brady-deflategate-appeal/TnrgVNVYDpa6n4VtBBJr2I/story.html

Globe reporter follows up with this twitter shot at Peter King

These judges are just fockin' jealous hatahs!!!!

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:44 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
These judges are just fockin' jealous hatahs!!!!

lol! Just like it was only Broncos fans that booed brady at the Super bowl this year

That did not look like a very good hearing for the brady camp. If nothing else, these Pats* fans have been twisting the last decision that the judge ruled brady innocent. "The evidence of the ball tampering here is compelling if not overwhelming" seems like a kink in the 'brady did nothing wrong' story. It also seems like they are holding him responsible for the evidence tampering and Goodell was within his rights issuing the penalty.

One thing surprising me when I read the article on this at ESPN. It said Goodell when asked at the Super Bowl about this said he didn't know if they'd reinstate the suspension if they won. How can they not?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:40 pm

New England Patriots* owner Robert Kraft said Monday that he wrote a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell over a month ago requesting that the league reinstate the draft picks stripped as part of the Deflategate penalties, but he didn't sound optimistic it would spark a change.

Kraft said his letter was in response to Goodell's remarks that if any new facts were learned, Goodell would reconsider the punishment of a 2016 first-round pick, 2017 fourth-round pick, four-game suspension of quarterback Tom Brady and a $1 million fine.

"I personally believe that when the league made their decision, they did not factor in the Ideal Gas Law. They admitted that publicly. They had a full year of being able to observe Tom Brady play with all the rules of whatever the NFL was, and make any judgments there," Kraft told reporters at the Boca Raton Resort. "We have laid it out pretty straightforward. And now it's up for them to decide."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15033813/new-england-Patriots*-owner-robert-kraft-wrote-roger-goodell-letter-asking-draft-picks-back

I guess Kraft has suppressed memories of how oral argument went on the appeal of Brady's suspension earlier this month

[U.S. Second Circuit] Judge Chin said evidence of ball tampering was "compelling, if not overwhelming."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14895314/new-england-Patriots*-qb-tom-brady-lawyer-was-grilled-deflategate-appeal

Or for that matter what Kraft said last year when he agreed to give up the draft picks

"I don't want to continue the rhetoric," an emotional Kraft told reporters at a news conference at a downtown hotel. "I'm going to accept reluctantly what has given to us and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric and we won't appeal."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/Patriots*-owner-robert-kraft-won-t-appeal-fine-loss-of-draft-picks-1.10450873

What a jackass
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
New England Patriots** owner Robert Kraft said Monday that he wrote a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell over a month ago requesting that the league reinstate the draft picks stripped as part of the Deflategate penalties, but he didn't sound optimistic it would spark a change.

Kraft said his letter was in response to Goodell's remarks that if any new facts were learned, Goodell would reconsider the punishment of a 2016 first-round pick, 2017 fourth-round pick, four-game suspension of quarterback Tom Brady and a $1 million fine.

"I personally believe that when the league made their decision, they did not factor in the Ideal Gas Law. They admitted that publicly. They had a full year of being able to observe Tom Brady play with all the rules of whatever the NFL was, and make any judgments there," Kraft told reporters at the Boca Raton Resort. "We have laid it out pretty straightforward. And now it's up for them to decide."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15033813/new-england-Patriots**-owner-robert-kraft-wrote-roger-goodell-letter-asking-draft-picks-back

I guess Kraft has suppressed memories of how oral argument went on the appeal of Brady's suspension earlier this month  

[U.S. Second Circuit] Judge Chin said evidence of ball tampering was "compelling, if not overwhelming."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14895314/new-england-Patriots**-qb-tom-brady-lawyer-was-grilled-deflategate-appeal

Or for that matter what Kraft said last year when he agreed to give up the draft picks

"I don't want to continue the rhetoric," an emotional Kraft told reporters at a news conference at a downtown hotel. "I'm going to accept reluctantly what has given to us and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric and we won't appeal."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/Patriots**-owner-robert-kraft-won-t-appeal-fine-loss-of-draft-picks-1.10450873

What a jackass
Kraft is an ass.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Quote :

As with everything with them through the years, they cling to some bizarre explanation (the ballboy was called deflator because he wanted to lose weight) and try to make the rest of the world buy it. I'd like to see him asked why Ideal Gas Law impacted zero of the Colts balls that day.

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:20 am

Wrote a letter? Did he send him a telegram too? Maybe he should page him and they can talk it over the pay phone.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Kraft forgot to share that Goodell already told him to forget about getting the draft picks back

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed he received a letter from New England Patriots* owner Robert Kraft asking for the return of the team's draft picks as part of Deflategate penalties, yet he isn't changing the discipline.

"I responded to him two weeks ago and told him that I had considered his views and I didn't think there was any new information in there that would cause us to alter the discipline," Goodell said Wednesday at the NFL's annual meeting at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. "So there will be no change to the discipline."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15050591/roger-goodell-budge-deflategate-discipline-new-england-Patriots*

If "no new information" is the test for reducing sanctions, then fanboys who are hoping Goodell will let bygones be bygones and not suspend Brady if the NFL wins its pending appeal with the Second Circuit may be disappointed

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:47 pm

@OX1947 wrote:
Wrote a letter? Did he send him a telegram too? Maybe he should page him and they can talk it over the pay phone.

Goodell is likely no longer welcome at kraft's private residence so he's reduced to groveling thru letter. Interesting Goodell said today he wouldn't move on the punishment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15050591/roger-goodell-budge-deflategate-discipline-new-england-Patriots*

One of the options seems to be that the judges could give it back to Goodell. With what the judges had to say about the seriousness of destroying the cell phone, and not cooperating with the investigation, it would be too funny if they did that and the NFL tacked 2 more games onto the suspension for the phone

PostSubject: Re: Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*   

Back to top Go down

Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: