HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Nassib defies odds to become NFL prospect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Nassib defies odds to become NFL prospect   Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:28 am

Quote :
INDIANAPOLIS — Carl Nassib eased his long frame into a chair at Lucas Oil Stadium, taking a break at the NFL Scouting Combine before taking another step toward his goal of playing in the NFL. Not too many people believed that would ever happen. Not even his coach at Penn State.

But, after leading Football Bowl Subdivision with 15½ sacks last season, after winning the Lombardi Award for being the country’s best interior lineman, Nassib is doing more than getting ready to realize his dream. He’s climbing up draft boards with every move he makes at the combine.

“I never cared what other people thought about my size and my abilities,” Nassib said. “I was always confident in myself.”

Nassib measured in at the combine at just a pinch under 6 feet 7 and 277 pounds and was timed Sunday in the 40-yard dash at 4.84 seconds. That was .02 seconds faster than Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa, who will likely be among the top four picks in the draft. He also did 21 reps in the 225-pound bench and 28½ inches in the vertical jump.

The Steelers, who are looking for young defensive ends to improve their depth behind Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt, met with Nassib after talking with him at the Senior Bowl.

“I would not count out Carl Nassib from becoming a really good defensive end in the NFL,” draft analyst Mike Mayock said on NFL Network. Mayock went a step further, comparing his size and physical skills to former Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/02/29/Nassib-defies-odds-to-become-NFL-prospect/stories/201602290083

Nassib defies odds to become NFL prospect
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: