HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

avatar

Posts : 851
Likes : 438
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Living in my fears

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:00 am

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1403
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Since reinstatement is discretionary after 1 year I guess the NFLPA and Bryant's agents decided better to start the clock running on the one year since any appeal would be a waste of time

I guess the Steelers plan is see if they get two productive years out of Bryant in 2017 and 2018

Falling on the sword just isn't popular nowadays. Accepting responsibility for your actions, accepting the ramifications of your decisions, and working to better yourself by starting at the root cause of the problem (eg: yourself) ... well that's is for losers. Bryant, this is what you need to do and you'll be just fine to keep playing like nothing ever happened:


  1. Lawyer up kid. You can drag this out in court for several seasons. By the time the justice system finally catches up to you, you'll have made millions in salary and endorsements.

  2. Immediately smash your cell phone and buy a new one .. claim you do this every few months because that's what famous people do.

  3. Make sure Tomlin makes a mumbled statement that he doesn't know sh!t about this.

  4. Tell the NFL that the term "Pissboy" isn't referring to the drug testing process, but that you used to wet the bed and have always been called "Pissboy". Laugh when you say this, then punch the NFL rep in the shoulder.

  5. Convince Art Rooney II to make statements that this is a witch hunt and that you and the Steelers were singled out by jealous competitors. Then, a video of Rooney should come out of him auditioning for some unknown production with a no-talent 20-something broad who's not related to him.

  6. Have your lawyer write a letter and print it in newspapers across the country on how science proves you didn't smoke dope. The basis of scientific testing proves that naturally occurring weather conditions can change a player's chemical makeup and therefore, everyone who goes through those conditions will test positive for pot. Don't acknowledge any questions about why no one else ever had this issue given they've all played in similar weather conditions for years.

  7. Have the team create a website that details all proven and unproven allegations of NFL players and teams who have done far worse than fail a drug test. Include things like 5 yard penalties for offside, false starts, etc that ensure this site is so full of crap that people can't possibly read it all. The summary at the end should identify a random team, let's say the Patriots*, and point to how they cheat far more than any other team.

  8. Stop smoking dope, but maybe do something else that the league has a rule against. Because after all, the Patriots* like to remind us: If you aint cheatin' you aint competin'.

Don't roll over, you got this bro!
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth



Posts : 561
Likes : 109
Join date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:43 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Since reinstatement is discretionary after 1 year I guess the NFLPA and Bryant's agents decided better to start the clock running on the one year since any appeal would be a waste of time

I guess the Steelers plan is see if they get two productive years out of Bryant in 2017 and 2018

Falling on the sword just isn't popular nowadays. Accepting responsibility for your actions, accepting the ramifications of your decisions, and working to better yourself by starting at the root cause of the problem (eg: yourself) ... well that's is for losers. Bryant, this is what you need to do and you'll be just fine to keep playing like nothing ever happened:


  1. Lawyer up kid. You can drag this out in court for several seasons. By the time the justice system finally catches up to you, you'll have made millions in salary and endorsements.

  2. Immediately smash your cell phone and buy a new one .. claim you do this every few months because that's what famous people do.

  3. Make sure Tomlin makes a mumbled statement that he doesn't know sh!t about this.

  4. Tell the NFL that the term "Pissboy" isn't referring to the drug testing process, but that you used to wet the bed and have always been called "Pissboy". Laugh when you say this, then punch the NFL rep in the shoulder.

  5. Convince Art Rooney II to make statements that this is a witch hunt and that you and the Steelers were singled out by jealous competitors. Then, a video of Rooney should come out of him auditioning for some unknown production with a no-talent 20-something broad who's not related to him.

  6. Have your lawyer write a letter and print it in newspapers across the country on how science proves you didn't smoke dope. The basis of scientific testing proves that naturally occurring weather conditions can change a player's chemical makeup and therefore, everyone who goes through those conditions will test positive for pot. Don't acknowledge any questions about why no one else ever had this issue given they've all played in similar weather conditions for years.

  7. Have the team create a website that details all proven and unproven allegations of NFL players and teams who have done far worse than fail a drug test. Include things like 5 yard penalties for offside, false starts, etc that ensure this site is so full of crap that people can't possibly read it all. The summary at the end should identify a random team, let's say the Patriots**, and point to how they cheat far more than any other team.

  8. Stop smoking dope, but maybe do something else that the league has a rule against. Because after all, the Patriots** like to remind us: If you aint cheatin' you aint competin'.

Don't roll over, you got this bro!

LOL
I like how you try to generalize the 'cheating' but still pick the Patriots* lol
Since they're the only ones that cheat
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1403
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:53 pm

One of the best things for Bryant would be for the Steelers to win it all without him. Not getting a ring because he's serving a suspension might just wake him up and see him a little more motivated to overcome life's problems. Imagine that feeling of missing out on the biggest goal in the sport. No
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Steelers attitude with Bryant is he can figure it out or not - life goes on

When asked about his level of disappointment in Bryant's second drug-testing-related suspension in as many years, coach Mike Tomlin simply said, "Does it matter? We will deal with it."

The team moved on a while ago. Mike Tomlin hasn't talked to his team about Bryant because he won't see them until April, when the story "will be stale," Tomlin said.

"We are going to throw the ball to the open man. Really, it’s just that simple," Tomlin said at the owners meetings. "We’ve played without him in the past. So we are not overly concerned about playing without him in 2016, to be honest with you. We have talent at the position. We’ve acquired talented men at the position. We are excited about the growth and development of Sammie Coates. I am more concerned about him, the man, as I am, him, the contributor to our offense on our football team."


http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/18117/steelers-have-no-problems-moving-on-from-martavis-bryant-mess
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16936
Likes : 1357
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Agent: Bryant ‘heartbroken that he’s not allowed to play’

Martavis Bryant is sitting out the 2016 NFL season after being suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy. But according to his agent, the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver is committed to avoiding the reoccurrence of such a situation.

Brian Fettner, Bryant’s agent, released a statement indicating that his “heartbroken” client is living in Nevada and is “focused not to let it happen again,” according to a tweet from Tom Pelissero.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/agent_martavis_bryant_heartbroken_that_hes_not_allowed_to_play/s1_8061_21400486



_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1403
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Agent: Bryant ‘heartbroken that he’s not allowed to play’

Martavis Bryant is sitting out the 2016 NFL season after being suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy. But according to his agent, the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver is committed to avoiding the reoccurrence of such a situation.

Brian Fettner, Bryant’s agent, released a statement indicating that his “heartbroken” client is living in Nevada and is “focused not to let it happen again,” according to a tweet from Tom Pelissero.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/agent_martavis_bryant_heartbroken_that_hes_not_allowed_to_play/s1_8061_21400486



Great, get an addict close to gambling and hookers
Back to top Go down
OX1947

avatar

Posts : 796
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Winchester, CA.

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:13 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Agent: Bryant ‘heartbroken that he’s not allowed to play’

Martavis Bryant is sitting out the 2016 NFL season after being suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy. But according to his agent, the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver is committed to avoiding the reoccurrence of such a situation.

Brian Fettner, Bryant’s agent, released a statement indicating that his “heartbroken” client is living in Nevada and is “focused not to let it happen again,” according to a tweet from Tom Pelissero.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/agent_martavis_bryant_heartbroken_that_hes_not_allowed_to_play/s1_8061_21400486



Great, get an addict close to gambling and hookers

Well, for what it's worth, gambling and hookers isn't breaking the rules in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

avatar

Posts : 127
Likes : 27
Join date : 2015-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:12 pm

He has all the talent but needs to really look after himself off the field for the youth of tomorrow!

_________________
Halloween is Here
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1619
Likes : 481
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:32 am

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:25 am

jak341 wrote:
Bryant and Steven A. Smith got into a bit of a Twitter tiff.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/8/22/12586514/espns-stephen-a-smith-and-suspended-steelers-wr-martavis-bryant-get

Yup, and Stephen A didn't say anything in that exchange that wasn't true.

People in pot houses shouldn't throw hashpipes(or hashtags). Bryant needs to stay in his lane and get off the weed. Kid with a 4 year $2.6 million contract that gets suspended 2 seasons in a row needs to get his act together, not get in twitter spats.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

avatar

Posts : 410
Likes : 235
Join date : 2015-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:01 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Bryant and Steven A. Smith got into a bit of a Twitter tiff.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/8/22/12586514/espns-stephen-a-smith-and-suspended-steelers-wr-martavis-bryant-get

Yup, and Stephen A didn't say anything in that exchange that wasn't true.  

People in pot houses shouldn't throw hashpipes(or hashtags).  Bryant needs to stay in his lane and get off the weed.  Kid with a 4 year $2.6 million contract that gets suspended 2 seasons in a row needs to get his act together, not get in twitter spats.

Absolutely! MB at this point in life is a LOSER. I hope and pray he turns it around - with or without the Steelers.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2270
Likes : 1113
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Blitzburgh Retweeted
Martavis Bryant ‏@ThaBestUNO

Let me clear this up for everyone I don't smoke anymore you lucky enough I am giving you this information especially to irrelevant people.

https://twitter.com/Steel_Curtain4

_________________
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

avatar

Posts : 3994
Likes : 632
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : richmond va

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Blitzburgh Retweeted
Martavis Bryant ‏@ThaBestUNO  

Let me clear this up for everyone I don't smoke anymore you lucky enough I am giving you this information especially to irrelevant people.

https://twitter.com/Steel_Curtain4

just shut up already

_________________


"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2270
Likes : 1113
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Suspended Steelers WR Martavis Bryant: 'I don't smoke anymore'

Bryan DeArdo -
Pittsburgh Newsletter

Martavis Bryant is apparently sick of seeing his name dragged through the mud.

On Friday, the Steelers' suspended receiver responded to his critics on Friday while assuring his fans that he no longer smokes marijuana.

Bryant has been under intense criticism ever since it was revealed earlier this offseason that he would be suspended for the entire 2016 season for missed drug tests after missing the first four games of the 2015 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Once of Bryant's most vocal critics has been ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, which prompted a back and forth "Twitter war" between the two last month. Specifically, Smith criticized Bryant for volunteer coaching at a Nevada high school during his suspension.

"You're going to go around kids? What the hell are you going to teach them?" Smith said. "How to puff and pass? I don't want to hear that.”

The 24-year-old Bryant has been sensational when on the football field, scoring 15 touchdowns in 21 career games. Last postseason, Bryant made a miraculous touchdown catch in Pittsburgh's wild card victory over the Bengals before catching nine passes for 154 yards in the Steelers' second round loss to the Broncos.

But off the field issues will cause him to miss 20 games in his first three NFL seasons...

to read rest of article:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Suspended-Steelers-WR-Martavis-Bryant-I-dont-smoke-anymore-47330952

_________________
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert



Posts : 759
Likes : 419
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Blitzburgh Retweeted
Martavis Bryant ‏@ThaBestUNO  

Let me clear this up for everyone I don't smoke anymore you lucky enough I am giving you this information especially to irrelevant people.

https://twitter.com/Steel_Curtain4



What's that saying: "Better to be silent and be thought a fool than speak and erase all doubt."

Doesn't look good for this guy going forward.

What a waste of talent.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2396
Likes : 1120
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Shut up Bryant. You made your own bed, now you get to lay in it. Criticism happens when you make dumb decisions that hurt the team. Dude needs to suck it up, and act like a man, and stop whining on social media.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:43 am

Sad, the kid should know that most Steeler fans are pulling for him ....but he just put the ass in classless.

Lets hope Sammie Coates shows some big play ability.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:46 am

We definitely need to find out who is gonna help stretch the field. BR7 seems to operate better when he has a vertical threat.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 62
Likes : 33
Join date : 2016-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Four words
1. You
2. Can't
3. Fix
4. Stupid
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10833
Likes : 731
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:17 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:
Four words
1. You
2. Can't
3. Fix
4. Stupid

four more...
But there is ductape

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10833
Likes : 731
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:17 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
We definitely need to find out who is gonna help stretch the field.  BR7 seems to operate better when he has a vertical threat.  

Eli Rogers will be the surprise of the night.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 62
Likes : 33
Join date : 2016-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:22 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:
Four words
1. You
2. Can't
3. Fix
4. Stupid

four more...
But there is ductape

Four more
1. Bong
2. Made
3. From
4. Ductape
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1619
Likes : 481
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:09 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:
Four words
1. You
2. Can't
3. Fix
4. Stupid

four more...
But there is ductape

Four more
1. Bong
2. Made
3. From
4. Ductape

Four more of my own:
1) Aaaah
2) Good
3) College
4) Memories

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2705
Likes : 510
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:19 am

1) weed
2) better
3) then
4) alcohol

what were we talking about?

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    

Back to top Go down
 
Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: