HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Is mike Wallace available?
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:49 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
all the talent in the world but fortunately all the stupidity in the world too. I mean if someone paid blazequietly millions of dollars to not toke up for a couple years i bet he'd do it lol

I stopped smoking years ago so I could hold down a job, and let me tell you, I'm not making millions.

Then again.., if I HAD millions...
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:51 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:

He actually is. Was cut by the Vikes.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:51 pm

I joked at the start of the playoffs that when Ben was busting on Bryant at the end of the regular season to step up his game Bryant probably was thinking he could really use some pot to reduce the stress.

The report is that Bryant is rumored to have failed tests (I thought his next positive test for THC was a 10 game suspension, so if it was for THC I think he failed 2 tests) during the playoffs. Unfortunately my joke about Bryant looking for some stress reduction may have been no joke.

This guy has a serious addiction when it is costing this kind of $$$ and needs to get multi-month treatment somewhere.

The Steelers can move on - Bryant is looking at working menial jobs the rest of his life rather than being set for life before he turned 30.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Oh well............ He can join the bum from Cleveland on the sofa smoking weed watching all the other guys with half the talent making millions.

Time to move on. Sammie Coates, here's your chance.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 pm

yup i guess coates has to step up and wheaton needs to be given an extension at some point
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Fucking A...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Yeah, give this idiot the Santokio treatment. Bye Felicia. Sick of this self centered BS.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:29 pm

We're probably gonna lose him. Such a waste

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:01 pm

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:17 pm

@WCSteeler wrote:
What is with the Steelers and asshole WRs?  This is a reoccurring theme that is really bothersome with Wideouts and to a lesser extent RBs,  does this team need some old school leadership or what? I realize that its all over the
Nfl but seems to plague this team especially. Its sh*% like the "young money crew" that cause young guys to feel untouchable.

What history? You will need to refresh my memory on the reoccuring WR draft picks that are assholes. Overall I think they have done very well.
Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:25 pm

@rellimie wrote:
@WCSteeler wrote:
What is with the Steelers and asshole WRs?  This is a reoccurring theme that is really bothersome with Wideouts and to a lesser extent RBs,  does this team need some old school leadership or what? I realize that its all over the
Nfl but seems to plague this team especially. Its sh*% like the "young money crew" that cause young guys to feel untouchable.

What history?  You will need to refresh my memory on the reoccuring WR draft picks that are assholes.  Overall I think they have done very well.  
Plaxico, Santonio, Bryant

Last edited by WCSteeler on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fer69

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Bryant’s latest violation may have come from something other than a positive marijuana test

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2016, 3:43 PM

It was widely reported last August that the NFL suspended Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant because he failed multiple marijuana tests. His latest predicament suggests a violation for something other than a positive marijuana test.

The three possibilities are: (1) a positive test for something other than marijuana; (2) failure to cooperate with testing, treatment, evaluation or other requirements under the policy or failure to cooperate with the terms of his treatment plan; or (3) at least two separate positive marijuana tests.

The intermediate 10-game suspension applies only to a single positive test for marijuana while in Stage Three of the substance-abuse program. So with Bryant skipping from four games to a full year, it means he allegedly violated the policy without testing positive for marijuana, again.

Bryant has appealed the suspension. If the suspension becomes official, the NFL likely will release more information about what specifically caused it.

It could have been something as simple as missing one of the many tests he now has to take while in Stage Three of the program. Or it may have been a positive test for a banned substance other than marijuana.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/12/bryants-latest-violation-may-have-come-from-something-other-than-a-positive-marijuana-test/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:54 pm

@KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

He actually is. Was cut by the Vikes.

Apparently, was released cause he wasn't a good match with bridgewater and his lack of deep passing ability. Ben on the other hand......

Seriously wouldn't mind them bringing him in and giving him a shot. Maybe on a team friendly deal. Knows the system, probably desperate to resurrect his career.
Back to top Go down
schillah

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
motherfucking son of a fucking bitch

Your anger is understandable my friend.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:05 pm

@fer69 wrote:
Bryant’s latest violation may have come from something other than a positive marijuana test

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2016, 3:43 PM

It was widely reported last August that the NFL suspended Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant because he failed multiple marijuana tests. His latest predicament suggests a violation for something other than a positive marijuana test.

The three possibilities are: (1) a positive test for something other than marijuana; (2) failure to cooperate with testing, treatment, evaluation or other requirements under the policy or failure to cooperate with the terms of his treatment plan; or (3) at least two separate positive marijuana tests.

The intermediate 10-game suspension applies only to a single positive test for marijuana while in Stage Three of the substance-abuse program. So with Bryant skipping from four games to a full year, it means he allegedly violated the policy without testing positive for marijuana, again.

Bryant has appealed the suspension. If the suspension becomes official, the NFL likely will release more information about what specifically caused it.

It could have been something as simple as missing one of the many tests he now has to take while in Stage Three of the program. Or it may have been a positive test for a banned substance other than marijuana.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/12/bryants-latest-violation-may-have-come-from-something-other-than-a-positive-marijuana-test/

Apparently the suspension is due to blowing off multiple tests

Martavis Bryant planning to check into rehab

Facing indefinite banishment for repeat violations of the NFL’s substance abuse policy, Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant will check into rehab and undergo evaluation for depression issues, one of his agents, Brian Fettner, told USA TODAY Sports.

“We’re all stunned, me included,” Fettner said, shortly after broke news of the ban Saturday. “We clearly miscalculated the issue. His isn’t a party issue. It’s a coping issue and a depression issue, and he’s got to take care of it.”

Fettner had just landed in Florida and planned to discuss three clinic options with Bryant later Saturday, he said. The plan is for Bryant to enter rehab Sunday, Fettner said, though Bryant's other agent, Tom Santanello, said nothing would happen before Monday as they continue to sort through their appeals options.

Fettner confirmed Bryant is appealing the ban, though getting it overturned is seen as a long shot. It stems from multiple missed drug tests, Fettner said, while also acknowledging Bryant has a problem with marijuana.

The multiple missed tests – which count the same as failed tests – explains why Bryant faces banishment for at least one year, rather than a 10-game suspension for his latest violation after serving a four-game suspension to start last season.

Link to full article

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/12/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers/81693628/

Last edited by Atlanta Dan on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:06 pm

I cant believe this. Looks like Sammie Coates is going to have a shot to shine here. He looked good last year. Wheaton, Coates, Brown, with JJ and Green. Ill take it with LB and DW roaming the backfield.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:14 pm

He's a fool for blowing his future and we'll be fine as a team.  
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:19 pm

trade him to the Jets for a 6th round draft pick.

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Just so freaking sad to see all his talent wasted away for something as stupid as pot.

I seriously hope he finds out what's the matter and gets his life sorted out....because it's just sickening to see his potential being flushed down the toilet.

He had soooo much money coming to him....maybe not from the steelers but from someone after his rookie contract.

As sad as this is....and I don't want to cause further pain if there is deeper issue there....but his sad story needs to be known so that others don't fall into the same trap to in pissing it all away....he's the new face of the "don't fffff up like this guy" seminar.

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:31 pm

I wish we didn't sign DHB. People can hate on Mike Wallace and trash his character all they want for chasing the money, but he was effective as hell here and never broke any rules. We could have had him on an absolute steal of a contract right now but with DHB locked up there's no chance they do it.
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:38 pm

This was pretty much inevitable. C'mon Sammie!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:43 pm

@PhantomJB93 wrote:
I wish we didn't sign DHB.  People can hate on Mike Wallace and trash his character all they want for chasing the money, but he was effective as hell here and never broke any rules.  We could have had him on an absolute steal of a contract right now but with DHB locked up there's no chance they do it.

Since we are not in the locker room, hard to say whether or not life with Wallace was a day at the beach the last year of his contract in 2012.  

This December 2012 article walked through the drop off in Wallace's productivity after he held out through most of camp in 2012 after not getting his big contract.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1442233-why-mike-wallace-is-struggling-and-what-it-means-for-steelers-wr-in-2013

And consider the possibility Wallace will sign for low $$ because 2 teams have now given up on him after he left the Steelers - he has been in decline since 2011

Bryant is a loss but one that can hopefully will be addressed from within
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:02 pm

damn it!...i knew it was going to happen again

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:21 pm

I hope his kid gets help and gets his life back on track as it looks like he is sinking to the bottom.

The good thing from a football perspective is Big Ben can throw to anyone. The loss of Bryant takes a dimension from our offense which is someone who can take the top off.

Coates has to step up and if he doesn't I am ok with Bey as a #3.

Now, we need to sign or draft a WR.

someone said jokingly Mike Wallace but Bryant and Wallace have similar games and I would bet Wallace comes super cheap now. As long as he hasn't lost a step.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    

Back to top Go down

Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: