HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:37 am

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I agree with SN. This taints his career and I agree we don't know how good he actually is. Pats** fans can't accept that fans of opposing teams hate them because they're cheating frauds who repeatedly get caught not because of jealousy. It's going to fun to watch that franchise return to irrelevancy and the Patriots** bandwagon fall off with it.

I don't care if the Steelers lose. Well ok that's a lie lol I care, but when they do lose I don't feel resentment towards the other team because 9 times out of 10 when the Steelers lose it's really because the other team just happened to be better than them that Sunday.

With the Cheatriots, Cheatriot fans and even the NFL media try to sweep it all under the rug. It comes across as they feel there should be no rules in place OR like cheatriot fans say 'everyone does it' but don't want to say that.

Truthfully if that's the case and 'everyone' does it fine say so, so we ALL know everyone is playing the same way and then we can say 'hey the Patriots* are just better'. But in going back to my point of cheatriot fans saying 'everyone does it' why is it your team is the only one that keeps getting caught?

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:50 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Vis wrote:
OTOH - Goodell just got more powerful

Eh, he's had that power. It's just that the one person caught totally red-handed didn't weasel his way out of it. The players will get another chance to vote against the amount of power Goodell has in the next CBA. If Goodell were smart, he'll make an adjustment prior to the next CBA that allows an appeal process that doesn't exclusively involve him.

PS: I was just informed by a Cheaters fan that this is all B.S. Nobody cares because everyone now understands that Brady didn't do it. Science proves it.  - Just wanted to share that with everyone on this forum.

Tell the Cheatriots fan in laymens terms lol
Brady is a cheat because HE tried to SKIRT the RULES to GAIN and AD-VAN-TAGE. it's the same as a player taking PEDs (not counting funny grass) to gain an advantage to help him block, or tackle or to potentially have better speed so guys can't catch him.

He's still trying to get a leg up on everyone else just like PED users and he got caught. Hence the 4 games which is in line with the first time offence for a PED user.

So now even if this drags out until he does retire (which I expect but hope doesn't happen) Tommys career is forever tainted. Because in my view due to the team as a whole again cheating by taping teams for numerous years, and now who knows how long this has been going on so I question how good is Brady?
We'll never know.

Just my take.

Brady is pretty good ... when his team is cheating. I've said this before, but IMO the Patriots** are a team that always have 2 or 3 things they are doing at any given time that would be considered cheating. I don't think they just get caught doing one thing, then move on to the next. They always have several things in the hopper (or hoppah, if your from that area) that tilts the table in their favor. I've also suggested before that this under-inflation of the footballs most likely stems from the 2001 AFC Championship game when he fumbled in the snow ... the old "tuck rule" saved his ass.

It's this persistent cheating that has the league, finally, pissed off. They caught them red handed over spygate and gave them a slight tappy tap on the wrist, with the expectation that the BS would stop there. Now they have seen several more instances (audio problems for the opposition in Foxboro, extra speakers in Brady's helmet to continue communications after the league shuts off their speaders, under-inflated footballs) and I think as much as Goodell is friends with Kraft, he's gotten pissed.

It's possible about the 'TUCK RULE' thing as I woldn't rule it out. But the 'REAL RULE' where QBs/equipment staff where they were able to start as they say 'muck' the balls ie use sandpaper to grit them up cause a new ball we buy out of the box is like a sheet of ice. But the main 'players' that pushed for it were Brady, Peyton, and I think Brees at the time.

Oddly enough one guy took it too far.

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Have to post this because of the headline
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15355578/roger-goodell-nullify-tom-brady-new-england-Patriots*-deflategate-suspension-nfl

my favourite part of the whole article (I skimmed it so there could be something else) but this made me laugh:
Brady has suffered enough, too, in the form of public embarrassment. If you heard how he was greeted at the Super Bowl 50 celebration of past MVPs, you get the point.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:43 pm

@SteelersNorth wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15355578/roger-goodell-nullify-tom-brady-new-england-Patriots**-deflategate-suspension-nfl

my favourite part of the whole article (I skimmed it so there could be something else) but this made me laugh:
Brady has suffered enough, too, in the form of public embarrassment. If you heard how he was greeted at the Super Bowl 50 celebration of past MVPs, you get the point.

Yep, that's suffering alright. I'm sure he thinks about that greeting when he's not shining his SB rings, counting his millions and nailing his hot wife. Yeah, I feel real bad for him. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:50 pm

I just feel awful for Tom Brady. I mean to be a serial cheater and still be told you're the GOAT. To have the talking heads say you've suffered enough to for a suspension of which you haven't served a game or whose actions you haven't apologized for, man it's tough being Tom Brady. Poor Tom. It's just so hard being a cheater and the idol of thousands of arrogant NE fan assholes.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:19 pm

@SteelersNorth wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15355578/roger-goodell-nullify-tom-brady-new-england-Patriots**-deflategate-suspension-nfl

Brady has suffered enough, too, in the form of public embarrassment. If you heard how he was greeted at the Super Bowl 50 celebration of past MVPs, you get the point

This column in The Washington Post was equally over the top, for reasons including the fact that this sportswriter contends she has a better concept of how the appellate argument for Brady should have been presented than Brady's highly skilled attorneys did

Tom Brady’s lawyers missed the point: his innocence

As Deflategate wore on, the lawyers representing Tom Brady forgot to do something essential. They forgot to argue their client’s innocence. Instead Jeffrey Kessler and the NFL Players Association got so lost in pushing their interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement and trying to trim the powers of Commissioner Roger Goodell that they failed to drive home the essential point: How can a player be suspended for “conduct detrimental” when there was no conduct to begin with?

To date, we are still looking for a single shred of credible evidence that any human hand deflated the footballs in that AFC championship game. Where is the conduct? Much less the conduct detrimental?

Somehow this point was missed in the many briefs and oral arguments....

There was no conduct. Much less detrimental conduct. If Brady appeals, this is the point of the case, not the vague language in a bad deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/tom-bradys-lawyers-missed-the-point-his-innocence/2016/04/25/fc31fb7c-0b16-11e6-bfa1-4efa856caf2a_story.html?tid=pm_sports_pop_b
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15355578/roger-goodell-nullify-tom-brady-new-england-Patriots***-deflategate-suspension-nfl

Brady has suffered enough, too, in the form of public embarrassment. If you heard how he was greeted at the Super Bowl 50 celebration of past MVPs, you get the point

This column in The Washington Post was equally over the top, for reasons including the fact that this sportswriter contends she has a better concept of how the appellate argument for Brady should have been presented than Brady's highly skilled attorneys did

As Deflategate wore on, the lawyers representing Tom Brady forgot to do something essential. They forgot to argue their client’s innocence. Instead Jeffrey Kessler and the NFL Players Association got so lost in pushing their interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement and trying to trim the powers of Commissioner Roger Goodell that they failed to drive home the essential point: How can a player be suspended for “conduct detrimental” when there was no conduct to begin with?

To date, we are still looking for a single shred of credible evidence that any human hand deflated the footballs in that AFC championship game. Where is the conduct? Much less the conduct detrimental?

There was no conduct. Much less detrimental conduct. If Brady appeals, this is the point of the case, not the vague language in a bad deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/tom-bradys-lawyers-missed-the-point-his-innocence/2016/04/25/fc31fb7c-0b16-11e6-bfa1-4efa856caf2a_story.html?tid=pm_sports_pop_b

Any one know of a guy that was suspended without 'ACTUALLY' committing a crime much less skirt the rules?

oh geeze what's his name...he's that bum that got lucky to win his first super bowl, somwhow made it to a 2nd throwing the (in my view greatest) winning TD pass.

Help me out here people
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:47 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:

11 of the 12 Pats* balls were deflated...0 of the colts were...there were text messages from a guy nicknamed 'the deflator'...the deflator complained openly in texts about brady's demands to deflate the balls...brady was on record saying he preferred underinflation...

It's too bad the Pats* ballboys didn't go to ESPN but they likely live in million dollar mansions the last year or so. I'd like to see the whole cast of characters from marcia and kraft, to the ball boys, under oath with threat of jail time for lying, and see what they'd have to say then.

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:19 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15355578/roger-goodell-nullify-tom-brady-new-england-Patriots*****-deflategate-suspension-nfl

Maybe they didn't argue because he ain't innocent but nah that's too much to consider. Not Tommy, Tommy and the Pats*** would never ever cheat.

Last edited by ImmaculateGreenePolamalu on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:

11 of the 12 Pats** balls were deflated...0 of the colts were...there were text messages from a guy nicknamed 'the deflator'...the deflator complained openly in texts about brady's demands to deflate the balls...brady was on record saying he preferred underinflation...

It's too bad the Pats** ballboys didn't go to ESPN but they likely live in million dollar mansions the last year or so. I'd like to see the whole cast of characters from marcia and kraft, to the ball boys, under oath with threat of jail time for lying, and see what they'd have to say then.
It will all come out eventually. We're going to know a lot of the Pats* secrets at some point and the truth won't be pretty. All those people calling Brady GOAT are going to look mighty dumb.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:59 pm

@SteelersNorth wrote:

Brady is a cheat because HE tried to SKIRT the RULES to GAIN and AD-VAN-TAGE. it's the same as a player taking PEDs (not counting funny grass) to gain an advantage to help him block, or tackle or to potentially have better speed so guys can't catch him.

He's still trying to get a leg up on everyone else just like PED users and he got caught. Hence the 4 games which is in line with the first time offence for a PED user.

So now even if this drags out until he does retire (which I expect but hope doesn't happen) Tommys career is forever tainted. Because in my view due to the team as a whole again cheating by taping teams for numerous years, and now who knows how long this has been going on so I question how good is Brady?
We'll never know.

Just my take.

See, the thing I don't get about this whole "Deflategate" thing is that no advantage was demonstrated or defined as being a direct result of under-inflated footballs.

And that's reinforced by what happened in the game itself.
The allegedly under-inflated balls were discovered during the first half of the AFCC game and were properly inflated at halftime.

New England scored two TD's and a FG in the first half and led 17-7 at halftime (a pretty typical and predictable score).

But in the second half -- playing with the properly inflated footballs -- New England scored FOUR TD's and held Indy scoreless and won 45-7.

So where does the advantage part come in?

If this mess occurred in the reverse order (scoring more points with the under-inflated balls) I could understand why there might be a controversy.
But New England played better with the properly inflated balls than they did with the allegedly under-inflated balls, so what advantage was gained?

I think this whole "Deflategete" nonsense is the most ridiculous "controversy" I've ever witnessed.
At best, this falls under the heading of an equipment violation and that it has gone as far as it has is nothing short of insane.

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Haters gonna hate.

Its draft week and I'm more interested in who we draft than something that happened 2 seasons ago to a team we don't play the first 4 weeks anyways.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 am

@FanSince72 wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:

We'll never know.

Just my take.

See, the thing I don't get about this whole "Deflategate" thing is that no advantage was demonstrated or defined as being a direct result of under-inflated footballs.

The allegedly under-inflated balls were discovered during the first half of the AFCC game and were properly inflated at halftime.

New England scored two TD's and a FG in the first half and led 17-7 at halftime (a pretty typical and predictable score).

But in the second half -- playing with the properly inflated footballs -- New England scored FOUR TD's and held Indy scoreless and won 45-7.

If this mess occurred in the reverse order (scoring more points with the under-inflated balls) I could understand why there might be a controversy.
But New England played better with the properly inflated balls than they did with the allegedly under-inflated balls, so what advantage was gained?

I think this whole "Deflategete" nonsense is the most ridiculous "controversy" I've ever witnessed.
At best, this falls under the heading of an equipment violation and that it has gone as far as it has is nothing short of insane.

I have to agree with you on pretty much everything you said especially the insane part because in the end it is insane.
But I also have to respectfully disagree with you at the same time because then the ultimate question is, why did you do it in the first place if you didn't really have/gain an advantage?
I still believe (in my view) that it's skirting the rules that every team should and it sems like 31 can abide by. If all teams did it like every Cheatriots fan will tell you they do, then the NFL should say that because then no one can complain as they'd just be better at breaking the rules.

PEDs give you an advantage in strength/power and speed
Deflating footballs (and to you and I it wouldn't matter) but to a professional player who does this daily they would notice the difference ESPECIALLY in the case of the AFCCG where it was bitter cold and raining the entire game to help grip the ball better. That is an advantage and breaking the rules.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:01 am

@SteelersNorth wrote:
@FanSince72 wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:

We'll never know.

Just my take.

I have to agree with you on pretty much everything you said especially the insane part because in the end it is insane.
But I also have to respectfully disagree with you at the same time because then the ultimate question is, why did you do it in the first place if you didn't really have/gain an advantage?
I still believe (in my view) that it's skirting the rules that every team should and it sems like 31 can abide by. If all teams did it like every Cheatriots fan will tell you they do, then the NFL should say that because then no one can complain as they'd just be better at breaking the rules.

PEDs give you an advantage in strength/power and speed
Deflating footballs (and to you and I it wouldn't matter) but to a professional player who does this daily they would notice the difference ESPECIALLY in the case of the AFCCG where it was bitter cold and raining the entire game to help grip the ball better. That is an advantage and breaking the rules.

I don't think it's about advantage as much as it's about feel.

It's like golf club grips - some people like a firm grip while others like a more cushioned grip, but neither has anything to do with being able to hit the ball better other than in a psychological sense.

Brady apparently prefers a softer feel and losing a pound of air gives him that but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with gaining a measurable advantage other than (like the golf grips) offering him a sense of comfort which may allow him to feel more confident in handling the ball.

You may remember that when this story first broke, a day or so later Aaron Rodgers was quoted in an ESPN interview as saying that he prefers an OVER-inflated football because he said that he has large hands and a firmer football offers him a better grip.  So doesn't over-inflating a football violate the same rule?  How come no one has since been prowling the Green Bay locker room with an array of pressure gauges?

I think it all boils down to people simply refusing to accept the idea that a team like New England can be as successful as it has been without some sort of "secret sauce" or that they MUST be cheating.  
That sort of thing tends to happen when a team is THAT good.

And on that note, over the years I have asked all of the New England haters I've either spoken with or with whom I've exchanged messages online who claim that all they do up there in Bean Town is cheat to cite three examples of such cheating -- and all I ever get is crickets.  If New England's cheating is so prevalent, people ought to be able to rattle off example after example of such cheating yet they never seem to be able to do so.

And before anyone points out Spygate, bear in mind that Belichick's transgression wasn't about stealing signals but was rather about videotaping them.
According to Roger Goodell, there is nothing illegal about stealing signals in and of itself but league rules prohibit the use of recording equipment to do so.  But it's perfectly OK to sit somewhere with a pencil and fill a notebook with what one believes are another teams' signals and the only "cheating" that Belichick was guilty of had nothing to do with the act but rather with the method.

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:54 pm

While you can get me to agree underinflation had no bearing in the AFCCG keep in mind the balls were checked then because the Colts suspected it earlier in the season. It's likely this was occurring throughout the season. Indications were when this story first broke that an underinflated ball could make it easier to hold and catch especially in inclement weather. In Brady's case apparently more comfortable to throw. The Pats* played 4 games that season where they won by 7 points or less. In a close game it is reasonable to assume a fumble they didn't lose, a key late reception they made could have effected a game's outcome. What if the other team lost a fumble and reception because they didn't have as good a grip? This could have effected a field goal, TD, maintaining possession late in a game to run the clock out for either team. If only 1-2 games were effected that would have influenced the AFC seedings that year and maybe the they don't get a first round bye, maybe the divisional and AFCCG are not in NE....that changes the dynamics of the postseason. As it was they barely beat Baltimore the week before.

Let's assume the other side of the equation and no advantage was gained which also is entirely possible. The league exists to provide a level playing field. You can perceive this as just a small infraction, but a slippery slope results there; i.e. "I only broke this little rule" makes it easier for the next guy to say "what I did was only slightly worse than what he did". Rules need to be followed. In baseball, if a pitcher doctors a baseball he will be suspended and fined. It's irrelevant if he struck out 18, gave up 18 runs, win/lose. The rules are set in place in order to maintain fairness to all those playing in the league. When you circumvent the rules it is impossible to determine exactly what advantage was gained, there are too many variables involved...that is the crux of the debate here. It is up to the league to set rules and punish the transgressions, in this case the commissioner was given this power by 31 of 32 NFL teams.

The bottom line here is this was done to gain competitive advantage. Brady didn't waste his time seeing that it was done because it was of no benefit to him. The rules were broken. The league punished. That punishment was upheld by The U.S. Second Court of Appeals.

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:10 pm

@FanSince72 wrote:

And could have been resolved with a fine except the Pats*** took their characteristic f**k you approach - Goodell as well as the other owners were sick of it and bit back

This column in The Boston Globe (not exactly a hotbed of Pats*** hate) sums it up

It’s pretty simple, really.

The Patriots*** were driving 68 miles per hour in a 65 m.p.h. zone. They got caught. Instead of doing what most would do — “Sorry, officer, you got me, I won’t do that anymore’’ — the defiant Patriots*** flashed two middle fingers at the police and said, “Come and get me! You’ve got nothing!’’  ...

Bottom line: The Patriots*** were doing it. They had a system of deflating footballs after the balls were inspected by officials. Any agenda-less person who reads the Wells Report would come away with no other conclusion. The texts were unexplainable.

It is not the reason the Patriots*** win. In all likelihood, it gave them virtually no competitive advantage. The Patriots*** win because they are better than you are. They are better prepared. They are smarter. They beat you fair and square.

But that is not enough for the Patriots***. They are like the Nixon White House in 1972. They do not have to break into Democratic National Committee headquarters and engage in dirty tricks in order to beat George McGovern in the general election. But they did it anyway.

This is the Patriots***. They leave no stone unturned. They go the extra mile. That’s what Spygate was about. That’s what this is about....

Unfortunately for Brady and Patriot fans, it all goes back to the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement, which the players willingly signed. In it, they ceded all punishing powers to the commissioner. Sorry, Patriots** fans, but Goodell gets to be unfair. He gets to overpunish the Patriots** because the agreement says he can do it.

Link to full column

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/Patriots***/2016/04/25/Patriots***-brought-this-overpunishment-themselves/zEpsykTE1UJofIA7Y5YgNJ/story.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!   

Back to top Go down

TOM BRADY SUSPENSION UPHELD!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: