HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Wed May 25, 2016 4:59 pm

BY DAVE BRYAN MAY 25, 2016

At the conclusion of the Pittsburgh Steelers first OTA practice on Tuesday, running back Le’Veon Bell made it clear that he thought the Cincinnati Bengals were intentionally trying to hurt him last season. After making those comments, Bell’s quotes went national very quickly and on Wednesday morning, Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless made it clear on ESPN’s “First Take” that they both believe the Steelers running back should have just kept his thoughts on the matter to himself instead of adding more fuel to the rivalry fire.

“He should drop the issue because it’s not going anywhere,” said Smith. “It’s very physical in the AFC North, which he also admitted. They hate one another. It’s a true, true rivalry, we understand that. I would like to see members of the Cincinnati Bengals exercising more discipline, however, because you’re representing coach Marvin Lewis and you’re not making him look good by conducting yourself in a hooligan-style fashion, assuming that stuff is true and obviously with Vontaze Burfict, and what happened the last time we saw the Bengals, people are going to assume that it is. They want to hit, they want to intimidate, they’re vicious, they’re incredibly talented, so there’s no reason to go the extra mile doing what they’re doing. There’s no reason to do that.”

The always and equally irritating Bayliss then proceeded to pile on top of Smith’s comments.

“I’m surprised at this,” said Bayliss. “This is unbecoming of a Pittsburgh Steeler to come across as whining about, ‘they hurt me, they’re trying to hurt me.’ Really? Come on. Stop it. Just shut up and go beat them next year. You’ve got two shots next year to get even with them and this young man is highly capable of getting even and that’s what he should be focused on.”

I wonder if Smith and Bayliss would feel the same way if both of their careers were put in jeopardy by another person or persons intentionally. Let’s be clear, this wasn’t just any Bengals player that subsequently put Bell out for the season last year, it was linebacker Vontaze Burfict, who has developed a long history of becoming the NFL’s top bad boy in a short period of time. Besides, Bell isn’t the only Steelers player who thinks the Bengals had bad intentions during all three meetings between the two teams last year.

Where do all of you weigh-in on this? Are Smith and Bayliss right to chastise Bell for his Tuesday comments? Should the Steelers running back just stop talking about what happened last year and concentrate on getting his revenge on the field this season?

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25763-ESPN’s-Smith-And-Bayless-Think-Le’Veon-Bell-Should-Shut-Up

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Wed May 25, 2016 5:32 pm

He was asked a question and he answered it. Frankly if Smith and Bayless have a problem with what Bell said, that makes it all the more valid IMO. And furthermore I agree that those two would be having a much different tone if it were their careers placed in danger. Cincy plays dirty. We saw this clear as hell last season.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Wed May 25, 2016 5:32 pm

funny, because i think Smith and bayless need to shut up...i hate both those guys

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Wed May 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Shut up and kick that mother fucker in the balls next time you see him

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Wed May 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Masterbaters Smith and Bayless need to shut up about Le'Veon Bell.

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Thu May 26, 2016 12:17 am

vasteeler wrote:
funny, because i think Smith and bayless need to shut up...i hate both those guys

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Sun May 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Le’Veon Bell Led League In Yards After Contact

BY MATTHEW MARCZI MAY 29, 2016

In spite of the fact that he played remarkably well, the fact that Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell was limited to just six games last season seems to have mostly made him an afterthought when speaking globally, and league-wide, about the 2015 season.

The most remarkable fact about his 2015 performance in my estimation, however, is the fact that, for the bulk of the time in which he played, he was by necessity the focal point of the offense’s game plan, and largely carried the team through that six-game stretch from Week Three to Week Eight in which they were without Ben Roethlisberger for a single complete game.

Roethlisberger suffered a sprained MCL in Week Three, which was the same game during which Bell returned from a two-game suspension. Roethlisberger returned from injury in Week Eight after missing four games. That is also the game in which Bell tore his MCL and PCL. In other words, the two never played a full game together in 2015.

In spite of the lack of a passing threat from under center for the bulk of his playing time, the first-team All-Pro was extremely efficient running the ball, averaging 4.9 yards per carry. He rushed a total of 113 times in his six games for 556 yards, equating to 18.8 attempts and 92.7 yards per game. Bell was injured in the first half of that final game, however. With that in mind, he was averaging over 20 attempts, and over 100 yards, per game.

There’s more to the efficiency with which he ran, however, than simply looking at the amount of yards that he gained per rushing attempt. There is also to be considered the amount of yardage that he gained per rushing attempt after contact, and according to Pro Football Focus, no back with at least 100 rushing attempts on the season was more efficient in that category.

Bell averaged 3.4 yards after contact per rush in 2015, which led the league in the site’s data. Yards after contact, of course, can come five yards behind the line of scrimmage or 35 yards down the field.

Another point in the data that I find interesting was Bell’s play-to-play consistency. The reality is that he only had eight explosive runs on the season, and only two of those runs were beyond 25 yards. Even without the explosive plays, which is a hugely significant component, Bell still ran for 348 yards on 105 attempts.

Only 15 of his carries went for negative yardage, and only 19 in total failed to move the ball forward. Very nearly half of his carries went for at least four yards. It should probably be noted as well that two of his one-yard carries were touchdowns.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/05/leveon-bell-led-league-yards-contact/

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Bell made a diss track towards Skip

"Shrimp Bayless"

https://soundcloud.com/juicewetrust/juice-shrimp-bayless
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:48 am

vasteeler wrote:

Hate is a strong word so let me say this about Bayless. I fuckin' hate Bayless and would like to see someone cheap shot his sorry ass. Anyone who proves by his words that he hates any team like he hates us should be made to STFU in regards to that team. If it were Ezekiel Elliott talking about say the Giants trying to hurt him Bayless would jump right on that bandwagon. He's an unknowable douche bag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN’s Smith And Bayless Think Le’Veon Bell Should Shut Up   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: