HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 am

Quote :
Okay so I said SHOW ME where he is taking more hits. You posted an article that isn't even a full season and is a PREDICTION.

Are you this dumb by accident or do actually work at it?  

That 2013 article was after the first seven games of the year.  He was getting hit so much after seven games in an alleged "safer offense", that he was on pace to get sacked more times than ever.  

Quote :
Arians '07 - '11
BR7's sack numbers: 47, 46, 50, 32, 40 = 215

Haley '11 - Present
BR7's sack numbers: 30, 42, 33, 20 = 125

You also realize that Ben's number with Haley is also lower in part because he's missing more games, right?

Can't get sacked sitting on the sidelines in street clothes.

But since since you like numbers so much, here are some for you.  

Playoff wins: Ben/BA 5  Ben/Haley 1

AFC titles:  Ben/BA 2     Ben/Haley 0

SB rings:  Ben/BA 1  Ben/Haley 0  

I remember when Steeler Nation used to laugh at guys like Manning, Rivers, and Brees for their empty stats and not winning anything other than fantasy leagues.

Now that Todd Haley had turned Ben INTO THEM, it's now accepted.  

A crying shame if you ask me.  

All I hear from people on this forum is what alleged "experts" think about Ben/Haley.  

Well according to the experts who rated the top 100 players?  They think Carson Palmer, being coached by the same guy Art Rooney II ran out of Pittsburgh, is BETTER than supposedly playing his best football ever Ben Roethlisberger being coached by hand picked puppet Todd Haley.  

Like I said, right down the shitter.


Last edited by Crash on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:07 am

Quote :
And yet he wasn't sacked 59 times.

That's what happens when Todd Haley gets demoted. The end of the 2013 season after the Bills game the responsibilities of the offense changed. No longer was it all Haley. Tomlin gave MORE input to Kirby Wilson, and to QB Coach Randy Fichtner. They ran more no huddle with Ben calling plays.

But after that season Haley was still here, and Kirby Wilson left. The no huddle that BEN was getting credit for, was scrapped almost entirely minus obvious situations, and when they did use it, Haley also began calling the plays from no huddle, where as Ben was calling them from 2013.

And what happened? 9 of 17 games of 20 points or less, and no playoff wins.

The next season? Ben misses four more games, and leaves three others injured in this alleged "safer offense".

Only a complete dunce with a walnut in his head thinks this offense has been beneficial to Ben and his career.

It's DESTROYED IT!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:10 am

Crash wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
So show me where he is taking more hits than when Arians was in the Burgh.  Less sacks/hits = less chance to get hurt = more time on the field.  He has some pretty freak crappy hits last season.

Oh and the defense hasn't been stellar.  There was a much better defense in place when Arians was in the Burgh.  That makes a HUGE difference.

Yeah yeah the defense, the same defense that blew 4th quarter leads for five years.  Sometimes Ben saved them, sometimes he couldn't.  

In an 18 game span from SB XLIII to the opening game of 2010 the "legendary defense" blew 10 fourth quarter leads.  

Sucking ass in the 4th quarter has been a LeBeau trademark his entire career.  

But he's a great guy who got a lifetime free pass.  

UNTIL Art Rooney II hired a local guy to run the offense.  

As I said it would happen.  Once Arians couldn't be the scapegoat anymore LeBeau was on borrowed time in Pittsburgh.  

From 2007 to 2011 (aka The Age Of Arians) the defense was first or second in both total yards and total points allowed for 4 of those 5 seasons.  The Steelers made the playoffs in 4 of those 5 seasons.  The one season the defense slumped was in 2009, when the defense was 12th in points and 5th in yards allowed.  

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

By what I suppose you regard to be a remarkable coincidence, the one season the defense was not dominant in 2009 was the one season Steelers missed the playoffs from 2007 to 2011

Attributing the success of the Steelers from 2007 to 2011 to Bruce Arians is like saying the rooster crowing at dawn is what causes the Sun to rise

Arians chafed at not being in the limelight and now that he is a head coach he cannot shut up - maybe he should get to a Super Bowl first as a HC first and then chat away
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:20 am

Quote :
That's funny stuff, even though you're trying to be serious here. So you found a meaningless list from one particular source to try to support your failed argument? So you agree with all the positions on the NFL Top 100? Cam Newton is the top player?

According to you the pundits know all.  So you can't question them when they don't agree with you.  

So STFU and listen to them.  

Quote :
The conspiracies and ideas that Ben is suffering under this offense is in your mind only.

Yeah the four games he's left injured, and the seven games he's missed in four years in this offense is in my mind only.  They never happened.  Silly me.  

Quote :
But in response to your "agenda"  comment, the only agenda I have is to enjoy watching the Steelers and root for them to kick ass each week. That's it. Do I think Ben is a much better QB under Haley? Yes. Why? Because he's taking less hits, less sacks, he's more accurate, throws for more yards and the offense is carrying the team

Yay, numbers without context again!  Yay!  

You forgot two though, more losses, and more games missed.  

Quote :
(unlike the defense carrying Arians for 5 years).

Yeah, all those fourth quarter leads they blew, those didn't happen either.  

People like you got what you deserved.  This team is irrelevant.  It's a fantasy football owners dream.

But in the real NFL, it's won't go anywhere until Trickster Todd is shown the door.  

Quote :
Why is it that you're the only one on all the boards you belong to that feels the way you do

If you think that's the case you're not only a moron, you're ignorant too.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:23 am

Quote :
From 2007 to 2011 (aka The Age Of Arians) the defense was first or second in both total yards and total points allowed for 4 of those 5 seasons.

Where did the offense rank of possession?

You see simpletons, the way football works? If the OFFENSE is milking clock? The DEFENSE isn't on the field. Classic example #1 is the first 24 minutes of SB XLIII. The "legendary defense" was on the field TWICE, after 24 minutes. And one of the drives, was a Cards touchdown drive.

Sorry, but that's not "good defense", that's the offense protecting them.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16804
Likes : 1309
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
From 2007 to 2011 (aka The Age Of Arians) the defense was first or second in both total yards and total points allowed for 4 of those 5 seasons.

Where did the offense rank of possession?  

You see simpletons, the way football works?  If the OFFENSE is milking clock?  The DEFENSE isn't on the field.  Classic example #1 is the first 24 minutes of SB XLIII.  The "legendary defense" was on the field TWICE, after 24 minutes.  And one of the drives, was a Cards touchdown drive.  

Sorry, but that's not "good defense", that's the offense protecting them.  


I'm trying to follow your logic. So time of possession is more important to winning than points scored and points allowed?

Crash, you're constantly bashing Kirkland's knowledge of the game. Just out of curiosity, what's your playing experience?

One more thing. Do I really need to remind you to knock off the personal attacks? We've given you a longer rope than most trolls would receive because it's the offseason and some of us find your pure hatred of Haley mildly entertaining (in a sick kind of way). But just because you have a longer rope doesn't mean that it won't eventually run out. As the season gets closer, play time will be over and the adults in the room are going to wanna talk.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Crash humors me. Not in like a Dane Cook kind of way but more like the 5 foot 2 PG trying to dunk on a 10 foot hoop using a pogo stick kind of way. Crash moves the field goal posts in his arguments every time. Don't try actual logic with him. I walked him up and down the board last time and he still didn't understand what happened to him. He didn't understand when I MADE UP random statistics or schooled h that Arians hasn't been in the Burgh since 2011.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:42 pm

I will keep this rebuttal simple.

1. ON PACE does not mean WHAT WILL HAPPEN. BR7 didn't get sacked 59 times that season. I do see where he got sacked 50 and Arians was the OC. No response? Crickets? Yak 5, Crash 0.

2. I do see that Haley has less games. There are 90 less sacks. That's about 3 to 4 seasons worth of sacks under Haley (1.5 to 2 under Arians). There aren't 2.5 to 3 seasons less of games.
Yak 6, Crash 0

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Quote :
So time of possession is more important to winning than points scored and points allowed?

They go hand in hand.  

Time of possession on OFFENSE, aids the Steelers DEFENSE.

Example #2. San Diego playoff game 2008:  Steelers open the 3rd quarter with the ball, they take EIGHT minutes off the clock.  They score a TD.  

The Steelers defense goes on the field, they force a turnover after ONE PLAY.  

The Steelers offense takes over 6:53 left in the 3rd (Rivers pick was after a big Sproles KO return), and they chew up the remaining 6:53 and scored on the final play of the 3rd quarter.

So out of 15 minutes of 3rd quarter football, the defense was on the field, for SIX SECONDS.  

But that goose egg for the Chargers, looks good on the stat sheet for the Steelers defense, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:47 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
So time of possession is more important to winning than points scored and points allowed?

They go hand in hand.  

Time of possession on OFFENSE, aids the Steelers DEFENSE.

Example #2. San Diego playoff game 2008:  Steelers open the 3rd quarter with the ball, they take EIGHT minutes off the clock.  They score a TD.  

The Steelers defense goes on the field, they force a turnover after ONE PLAY.  

The Steelers takes over 6:53 left in the 3rd (Rivers pick was after a big Sproles KO return), and they chew up the remaining 6:53 and scored on the final play of the 3rd quarter.

So out of 15 minutes of 3rd quarter football, the defense was on the field, for SIX SECONDS.  

But that goose egg for the Chargers, looks good on the stat sheet for the Steelers defense, doesn't it?


Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yea, it looks really good considering they caused the turnover.

Time Of Possession does not always equate to wins. Denver ranked 21st last year in time of possession and I think they did alright....

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Quote :
1. ON PACE does not mean WHAT WILL HAPPEN. BR7 didn't get sacked 59 times that season

That's what happens when Todd Haley gets demoted and Ben started calling more plays.

Shove your scoreboard up your ass.

Arians/Ben 1 ring. Ben/Haley ZERO rings.

Until Haley evens that score? His hire is a failure. Period.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Quote :
Time Of Possession does not always equate to wins.

Todd Haley is living proof of that. I agree.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
1. ON PACE does not mean WHAT WILL HAPPEN. BR7 didn't get sacked 59 times that season

That's what happens when Todd Haley gets demoted and Ben started calling more plays.  

Shove your scoreboard up your ass.  

Arians/Ben 1 ring.  Ben/Haley ZERO rings.  

Until Haley evens that score?  His hire is a failure.  Period.  

So can you admit that you were wrong? Until you do, every post that you direct my way adds a point to my score for being right.

And how can I shove a non-tangible thing up my physical ass? Or are you talking about my non-tangible ass?

Yak 6, Crash 0

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1400
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:00 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
1. ON PACE does not mean WHAT WILL HAPPEN. BR7 didn't get sacked 59 times that season

That's what happens when Todd Haley gets demoted and Ben started calling more plays.  

Shove your scoreboard up your ass.  

Arians LeBeau/Ben 1 ring.  Ben/Haley ZERO rings.  

Until Haley evens that score?  His hire is a failure.  Period.  

Fixed it for ya
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:00 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Crash humors me. Not in like a Dane Cook kind of way but more like the 5 foot 2 PG trying to dunk on a 10 foot hoop using a pogo stick kind of way. Crash moves the field goal posts in his arguments every time. Don't try actual logic with him. I walked him up and down the board last time and he still didn't understand what happened to him. He didn't understand when I MADE UP random statistics or schooled h that Arians hasn't been in the Burgh since 2011.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

That's what people have to do to defend Haley's garbage. Making shit up, and out of context crap.

Ben won 10 playoff games, three AFC titles, and 2 rings in 8 years.

Then the puppet showed up, and now they longer win.

The solutions are simple, dump the psycho, promote Randy Fichtner to OC, hire Ben confidant Charlie Batch as QB Coach, three wide offense, minimal subbing, keep the slow backup tight ends and fullbacks off the field and end the infatuation with gimmick formations and tricks.

Do that? This team wins 12 games.

Continue doing what they've done the last four years? They aren't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
Time Of Possession does not always equate to wins.

Todd Haley is living proof of that.  I agree.  

So wait.... you said TOP goes hand in hand with wins. Called someone a simpleton.

I proved to you that it doesn't. You think brought up Todd Haley (in a negative context) for having a similar stat to the Super Bowl Champion Broncos like it's a bad thing.

Dude. You're off.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:03 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Crash wrote:
Quote :
1. ON PACE does not mean WHAT WILL HAPPEN. BR7 didn't get sacked 59 times that season

That's what happens when Todd Haley gets demoted and Ben started calling more plays.  

Shove your scoreboard up your ass.  

Arians LeBeau/Ben 1 ring.  Ben/Haley ZERO rings.  

Until Haley evens that score?  His hire is a failure.  Period.  

Fixed it for ya

Run Fitz! Troy and James are coming after you!

Christ I think he's still running.

Then Ben and a REAL OC, saved Dick LeBeau in the way Boomer Esiason couldn't.

Those Bengals radio announcers:

"The Bengals are only rushing three men!"

"I hate to see that"

"Me too"

They knew, they knew they were getting LeBeaued on the NFL's grandest stage.

Poor bastards.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:22 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
From 2007 to 2011 (aka The Age Of Arians) the defense was first or second in both total yards and total points allowed for 4 of those 5 seasons.

Where did the offense rank of possession?  

You see simpletons, the way football works?  If the OFFENSE is milking clock?  The DEFENSE isn't on the field.  Classic example #1 is the first 24 minutes of SB XLIII.  The "legendary defense" was on the field TWICE, after 24 minutes.  And one of the drives, was a Cards touchdown drive.  

Sorry, but that's not "good defense", that's the offense protecting them.  

This article from 2015 calls into question the significance you attribute to time of possession

The last four Super Bowl winners (Patriots*, Seahawks, Ravens, Giants) all ranked in the bottom half in time of possession. The 2007 Giants were the last Super Bowl winner to rank in the top 5.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/11/17/time-of-possession-has-turned-into-a-meaningless-stat/75947954/

Remember the first rule of holes - when you are in one quit digging
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Quote :
This article from 2015 calls into question the significance you attribute to time of possession

But the difference between the Patriots* and us? They keep throwing when they are up big.

As soon as the Steelers get a 10 point second half lead, everyone starts worrying about milking the clock. I would rather just run my offense and make teams stop it.

I'll never forget it, Ben's FIRST EVER, regular season loss, to the Patriots*.

Steelers had the ball on the 4 yard line down 7 points, Ben throws a first down TD pass to Hines.

The Patriots* then take the ball with 1:14 left, go right down the field on the alleged great defense, we get LeBeaued, and we lose.

What was the major gripe by media and fans? The Steelers, against the DEFENDING SB Champions, scored "too quick".

Resting the defense and TOP has been an obsession with this team since Bill Cowher was hired and he hired Ron Erhardt. EVERYTHING this team does on offense, especially late in games with leads, is designed to protect our defense's pristine reputation.





Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2515
Likes : 477
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
So time of possession is more important to winning than points scored and points allowed?

They go hand in hand.  

Time of possession on OFFENSE, aids the Steelers DEFENSE.

Example #2. San Diego playoff game 2008:  Steelers open the 3rd quarter with the ball, they take EIGHT minutes off the clock.  They score a TD.  

The Steelers defense goes on the field, they force a turnover after ONE PLAY.  

The Steelers offense takes over 6:53 left in the 3rd (Rivers pick was after a big Sproles KO return), and they chew up the remaining 6:53 and scored on the final play of the 3rd quarter.

So out of 15 minutes of 3rd quarter football, the defense was on the field, for SIX SECONDS.  

So if Ben goes on the field say on our 1 yard line throws a bubble screen to AB and he takes it 99 yards in say 6 seconds we shouldn't consider that as them doing a GREAT JOB?

They had the ball SIX SECONDS.


But that goose egg for the Chargers, looks good on the stat sheet for the Steelers defense, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:19 pm

Quote :
So if Ben goes on the field say on our 1 yard line throws a bubble screen to AB and he takes it 99 yards in say 6 seconds we shouldn't consider that as them doing a GREAT JOB?

They had the ball SIX SECONDS.

I would, no doubt,

But if the defense goes on the field right after that score, give up the lead in the last 2 minutes? People would be crying that they scored too quick.

Larry Foote made a great play on that pick.

But despite the ZERO for the Chargers? The OFFENSE was the main reason why.

And no one ever admits that. It's all about Grampa LeBeau's "legend".

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth



Posts : 561
Likes : 109
Join date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
Okay so I said SHOW ME where he is taking more hits. You posted an article that isn't even a full season and is a PREDICTION.

Are you this dumb by accident or do actually work at it?  

That 2013 article was after the first seven games of the year.  He was getting hit so much after seven games in an alleged "safer offense", that he was on pace to get sacked more times than ever.  

Quote :
Arians '07 - '11
BR7's sack numbers: 47, 46, 50, 32, 40 = 215

Haley '11 - Present
BR7's sack numbers: 30, 42, 33, 20 = 125

You also realize that Ben's number with Haley is also lower in part because he's missing more games, right?

Can't get sacked sitting on the sidelines in street clothes.

But since since you like numbers so much, here are some for you.  

Playoff wins: Ben/BA 5  Ben/Haley 1

AFC titles:  Ben/BA 2     Ben/Haley 0

SB rings:  Ben/BA 1  Ben/Haley 0  

I remember when Steeler Nation used to laugh at guys like Manning, Rivers, and Brees for their empty stats and not winning anything other than fantasy leagues.

Now that Todd Haley had turned Ben INTO THEM, it's now accepted.  

A crying shame if you ask me.  

All I hear from people on this forum is what alleged "experts" think about Ben/Haley.  

Well according to the experts who rated the top 100 players?  They think Carson Palmer, being coached by the same guy Art Rooney II ran out of Pittsburgh, is BETTER than supposedly playing his best football ever Ben Roethlisberger being coached by hand picked puppet Todd Haley.  

Like I said, right down the shitter.

Rivers aND Brees are fantasy football sluts. Rivers went 4-12 and put up his highest ever passing total what did it get him? A seat on his couch watching Ben just like Brees when he's passed for 5k in yards and missed the playoffs 3 times 3!!!!! That's not exactly great if you ask me but that's my opinion.

As for the top 100 it's a stupid list voted on by no one really popular.
Is AB better or more valuable than Ben?
Not a chance. Just look at the games Ben has played with AB vs AB without Ben. The key cog is Ben and will always be Ben as long as he's around.
I remember when everyone was up in arms when Holmes got traded I said no big deal Ben will elevate someone else. Turned out to be Wallace and Holmes became a no one pretty quick. Wallace left same thing. Then it became AB.
But the constantin all those guys becoming great is 7!
No matter who comes and goes 7 will be the guy that makes players around him better.
But I couldn't careless if Ben wins the top spot on the top 100 an mvp or any other popularity contest.
The only thing I care about is that silver football on a pedestal that alone proves he's better.

(Mic drop and exist stage right)
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1400
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
So if Ben goes on the field say on our 1 yard line throws a bubble screen to AB and he takes it 99 yards in say 6 seconds we shouldn't consider that as them doing a GREAT JOB?

They had the ball SIX SECONDS.

I would, no doubt,  

But if the defense goes on the field right after that score, give up the lead in the last 2 minutes?  People would be crying that they scored too quick.  

Larry Foote made a great play on that pick.  

But despite the ZERO for the Chargers?  The OFFENSE was the main reason why.  

And no one ever admits that.  It's all about Grampa LeBeau's "legend".  

And LeBeau happens to be in the HOF. Failed, again.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1400
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Crash wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Crash wrote:
Quote :
1. ON PACE does not mean WHAT WILL HAPPEN. BR7 didn't get sacked 59 times that season

That's what happens when Todd Haley gets demoted and Ben started calling more plays.  

Shove your scoreboard up your ass.  

Arians LeBeau/Ben 1 ring.  Ben/Haley ZERO rings.  

Until Haley evens that score?  His hire is a failure.  Period.  

Fixed it for ya

Run Fitz!  Troy and James are coming after you!  

Christ I think he's still running.  

Then Ben and a REAL OC, saved Dick LeBeau in the way Boomer Esiason couldn't.  

Those Bengals radio announcers:

"The Bengals are only rushing three men!"

"I hate to see that"  

"Me too"  

They knew, they knew they were getting LeBeaued on the NFL's grandest stage.  

Poor bastards.  

And yet it was LeBeau's defense that spotted the offense 7 points when Harrison made the best play in SB history. Fact is Arians was only able to milk 20 points out of that offense (that seems to be a mark that you like to spit out about Haley). He was only able to get his guys to score 3 in the second half until that final drive. Oh, and you can thank LeBeau's defense for creating the final turnover of the game to allow the offense to take the knee.

The defense under Arians era was far superior than it's been under Haley. The Steelers won consistently because they had the best defense.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Please hold while Crush is reeling to move the goalposts

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   

Back to top Go down
 
Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: