HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:55 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Crash wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Crash wrote:
[


I love winning.  

You love Todd Haley.  

That's the difference.  

Art II and Haley should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to Ben.  Ruined his career and his legacy.  

Where did I say that I love Todd Haley??  I never did say that in case you have comprehension issues.

I don't think I have seen Ben complain about his career or his legacy.  I honestly don't believe that Ben thinks other people control his destiny or success.  Winners don't care about things beyond their control....whiners do.

Ben was a HOF bound QB after 8 years.

Now he Philip Rivers II: Not winning, and putting up loads of garbage time yards and TD's after games have already been lost.  

Damn shame.  

So you just said here that Ben will be "not winning".  You said a couple posts earlier that you like winning.  So if Ben wont be winning and you like winning, will you be then switching to follow another team that WILL be winning??  

No, I'll sit here and continue to be amazed how a silver spooned idiot decided he knew how to play quarterback BETTER than the player that was drafted BEFORE his Daddy decided to give him part ownership of this team.

Back to top Go down
fer69

avatar

Posts : 2187
Likes : 376
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : home dah!!!

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Ive a feeling Bruce Arians is in the house!!!!

_________________

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2515
Likes : 477
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
He's a guy who doesn't understand that the Steelers chose to go in another direction and have benefited from that decision.

1 playoff win.  Arians won 5.  

Back to back seasons with no playoff berth's.  Never happened with Arians.  

Ben has missed 7 games due to injury with Haley. With Arians he missed TWO.  

Benefited my ass.

You keep saying Arians won 5. I guess he did that all by himself. Funny thing is we never saw him on the field.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:20 pm

solardave wrote:
Crash wrote:
Quote :
He's a guy who doesn't understand that the Steelers chose to go in another direction and have benefited from that decision.

1 playoff win.  Arians won 5.  

Back to back seasons with no playoff berth's.  Never happened with Arians.  

Ben has missed 7 games due to injury with Haley. With Arians he missed TWO.  

Benefited my ass.

You keep saying Arians won 5. I guess he did that all by himself.  Funny thing is we never saw him on the field.

I've never seen Haley on the field either. But the way people act Ben couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time prior to 2012.

If Todd Haley was from Texas? You wouldn't want him here.

If any NON Pittsburgh hometown hero was this teams OC and pulled the same crap Haley has? He would have been fired long ago.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:39 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:


Arian's style may not be for everyone, but we were winning consistently when he was here.
And the defense may indeed have had a part in that

Nice of you to concede the defense "may indeed have had a part" in winning while Arians was OC  


 So true.  Like the '85 Bears defense "may indeed have had a part" in them winning a Super Bowl.  Or the 2002 Buccaneers defense "may indeed have had a part" in winning a Super Bowl.

Sure, we can all reference other cases where Mike Martz won the Rams a title, or Norv Turner won the Cowboys a ring and Kevin Gilbride won the Giants a Super Bowl....because we all know the most important guy on the team is the OC.  

A key to the Steelers success since 1990 has been OC's who were promoted IN HOUSE.

And not an OUTSIDER.

IRON-CLAD FACT!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Crash wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:


Arian's style may not be for everyone, but we were winning consistently when he was here.
And the defense may indeed have had a part in that

Nice of you to concede the defense "may indeed have had a part" in winning while Arians was OC  


 So true.  Like the '85 Bears defense "may indeed have had a part" in them winning a Super Bowl.  Or the 2002 Buccaneers defense "may indeed have had a part" in winning a Super Bowl.

Sure, we can all reference other cases where Mike Martz won the Rams a title, or Norv Turner won the Cowboys a ring and Kevin Gilbride won the Giants a Super Bowl....because we all know the most important guy on the team is the OC.  

A key to the Steelers success since 1990 has been OC's who were promoted IN HOUSE.  

And not an OUTSIDER.

IRON-CLAD FACT!  

So are you are saying that you don't like Haley because he was an Offensive Coordinator at another team before coming to the Steelers and that is why the Steelers have not been to a Super Bowl yet? I don't what you are trying to establish here.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't like Haley because his system sucks, he's more interested in promoting his self-importance and showing everyone how smart he is rather than just winning. That was the knack on him in KC also. And he's doing the same shit in Pittsburgh.

He ruins his own offense with his ridiculous micro-managing.

That's why they've scored 20 points, or LESS, on OFFENSE, in 25 of their past 51 games.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Crash wrote:
I don't like Haley because his system sucks, he's more interested in promoting his self-importance and showing everyone how smart he is rather than just winning.  That was the knack on him in KC also.  And he's doing the same shit in Pittsburgh.  

He ruins his own offense with his ridiculous micro-managing.  

That's why they've scored 20 points, or LESS, on OFFENSE, in 25 of their past 51 games.  

So what was the point you were trying to make about promotions from in house since 1990.  I don't understand how that was relevant.  
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:02 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Crash wrote:
I don't like Haley because his system sucks, he's more interested in promoting his self-importance and showing everyone how smart he is rather than just winning.  That was the knack on him in KC also.  And he's doing the same shit in Pittsburgh.  

He ruins his own offense with his ridiculous micro-managing.  

That's why they've scored 20 points, or LESS, on OFFENSE, in 25 of their past 51 games.  

So what was the point you were trying to make about promotions from in house since 1990.  I don't understand how that was relevant.  

Because I brought up the same point BEFORE he ever coached a game here.

And the trend is continuing. Don't win enough.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Crash wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Crash wrote:
I don't like Haley because his system sucks, he's more interested in promoting his self-importance and showing everyone how smart he is rather than just winning.  That was the knack on him in KC also.  And he's doing the same shit in Pittsburgh.  

He ruins his own offense with his ridiculous micro-managing.  

That's why they've scored 20 points, or LESS, on OFFENSE, in 25 of their past 51 games.  

So what was the point you were trying to make about promotions from in house since 1990.  I don't understand how that was relevant.  

Because I brought up the same point BEFORE he ever coached a game here.  

And the trend is continuing.  Don't win enough.  

Mike Mularkey was TE coach in Tampa Bay before coming to Pittsburgh. Ken Whisenhunt was TE coach in Baltimore before joining the Steelers. Arians was OC in Cleveland before coming to the Steelers, Kevin Gilbride was with the Oilers and others.

Whatever "IRON CLAD FACT" you were trying to state about promotions from in house since 1990, still doesn't seem to make sense.

Last I checked, the Steelers were 7th in the NFL in scoring in 2014 and AFC North champions(11-5), and 4th in Scoring in 2015 and again a playoff team. All with weak defenses and multiple injuries to key players. I don't see how the sky is falling offensively.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 pm

Quote :
Mike Mularkey was TE coach in Tampa Bay before coming to Pittsburgh.

What was his first job in Pittsburgh?

Quote :
Ken Whisenhunt was TE coach in Baltimore before joining the Steelers.

What was his first job in Pittsburgh?

Quote :
Arians was OC in Cleveland before coming to the Steelers,

What was his first job in Pittsburgh?

Quote :
Kevin Gilbride was with the Oilers and others.

HIS first job in Pittsburgh was as OC.

He didn't win either.

Now you're getting the point.

Quote :
Last I checked, the Steelers were 7th in the NFL in scoring in 2014 and AFC North champions(11-5), and 4th in Scoring in 2015 and again a playoff team. All with weak defenses and multiple injuries to key players. I don't see how the sky is falling offensively.

Because you are looking at TOTAL numbers without context.

I don't give a rats ass when Ben throws for garbage time numbers in losses.

20 points or less on offense, in 17 of their last 35 games the last two years.

That's not acceptable with this alleged talent.

Don't use injuries either. Arians had them too. And no one cared.

Don't change the rules for the guy from Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
Mike Mularkey was TE coach in Tampa Bay before coming to Pittsburgh.

What was his first job in Pittsburgh?

Quote :
Ken Whisenhunt was TE coach in Baltimore before joining the Steelers.

What was his first job in Pittsburgh?  

Quote :
Arians was OC in Cleveland before coming to the Steelers,

What was his first job in Pittsburgh?

Quote :
Kevin Gilbride was with the Oilers and others.

HIS first job in Pittsburgh was as OC.  

He didn't win either.  

Now you're getting the point.  

Quote :
Last I checked, the Steelers were 7th in the NFL in scoring in 2014 and AFC North champions(11-5), and 4th in Scoring in 2015 and again a playoff team. All with weak defenses and multiple injuries to key players.   I don't see how the sky is falling offensively.

Because you are looking at TOTAL numbers without context.  

I don't give a rats ass when Ben throws for garbage time numbers in losses.  

20 points or less on offense, in 17 of their last 35 games the last two years.  

That's not acceptable with this alleged talent.

Don't use injuries either.  Arians had them too.  And no one cared.  

Don't change the rules for the guy from Pittsburgh.  

So you are saying that because Arians was an O Coordinator in Cleveland, but came to Pittsburgh as a WR coach under Whisenhunt .... that he is OK, but because Haley came to the Steelers as an OC, he isn't successful? I still don't see any logical correlation to your thinking other than coincidence.

Keep on enjoying the Haley hate. I'm sure its a positive aspect of your being a fan and brings you great joy in your life.

I really don't know why we are discussing Arians in a thread, he's been gone for years now. He's not likely coming back ever to the Steelers, so not really any reason to give a rats ass about him.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:02 pm

Quote :
So you are saying that because Arians was an O Coordinator in Cleveland, but came to Pittsburgh as a WR coach under Whisenhunt .... that he is OK, but because Haley came to the Steelers as an OC, he isn't successful? I still don't see any logical correlation to your thinking other than coincidence.

It's called a past working relationship with players before you get promoted.  It's called comfort level. It's called familiarity.  

Not some jackass who never played a down of football in his life, who comes from another team, leap frogs deserving in house assistants for the OC position because his daddy worked for this team, and then tells a three time AFC champion quarterback, and 2 time ring winner, that he can't change plays at the line of scrimmage in his NINTH NFL season..

If I was Ben?  I would have announced my retirement right after Haley told me that.  Because that was just the start of why the last four years have been a failure.

Todd Haley doesn't coach for the Steelers, he coaches for Todd Haley.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16803
Likes : 1309
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:47 am

Crash wrote:
If Todd Haley was from Texas? You wouldn't want him here.

If any NON Pittsburgh hometown hero was this teams OC and pulled the same crap Haley has? He would have been fired long ago.

You constantly put way too much emphasis on Haley being from Pittsburgh. You have a weird obsession with the idea that the team and fans like him only because he's from Pittsburgh. I doubt the average Steelers fan even knows (or cares) where he's from.

Here's the bottom line:

mrcrash wrote:
Get this through your head, this team will NEVER make the playoffs with Todd Haley as OC.  

I know it.

He knows it.

History of this team since 1990 knows it.

Wrong.

mrcrash wrote:
Sad to watch really.  A HOF QB turned into Trent Dilfer.  

Wrong.

mrcrash wrote:
All part of Art II's plan.  

Keep Ben's numbers low.

Lowball him.

He refuses.

He's traded.

Yinzers turn on him.

Wrong.

mrcrash wrote:
Now the next phase is to sabotage Ben's numbers.  

Then he can lowball him.  Which Ben will never go for.  

Then Rooney can blame Ben for leaving.  

Nice and neat.

Wrong.

mrcrash wrote:
I also, as you were told, said the minute they hired him that the Steelers would never make the playoffs with Todd Haley as OC.  

When you associate with losers?  You become one.

Wrong.

There's a pattern with all of your anti-Haley predictions. If I had the time and desire I could dig up more, but what good would it do? Even when you're flat-out wrong, you find a way to spin it.

Crash, we get it ... you love Arians and hate Haley. If the Steelers have the No. 1 offense and win the Super Bowl this year, you still won't give Haley any credit. Your argument will be that all of the success is because of Ben and the Steelers won in spite of Haley.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2219
Likes : 1080
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 am

I seriously can't believe some of the stupid I'm reading right now. Crash, your posts are either a sign that you need serious help, or you're a comedic genius. I'm leaning toward the former.

Arians ran at times, an above average offense. The problem with his offense was that he often abandoned the running game in favor of passing the ball. He did so with reckless abandon, that much is proven by the ridiculous amount of times Ben got sacked during Arians' tenure in Pittsburgh. Arians didn't care about protecting his quarterback, and his recklessness in that regard has gotten a lot of his quarterbacks hurt (Ben, Luck, Palmer). His offense stagnated in Pittsburgh, and it was time that someone was brought in that could bring in a balanced, yet still dynamic, offensive attack. Haley has done that in spades. We're seeing the Todd Haley of old. Todd Haley had a dynamic offense with Kurt Warner under center in Arizona, so dynamic he got offered a head coaching opportunity following the 2008 season in Kansas City. That didn't work out because some guys just aren't cut out to be HCs, doesn't mean they aren't still good at coordinating. Haley is a better OC than Arians, and Arians is a better HC than Haley, I think that's fairly obvious.

There's absolutely no denying that our current offense is better than Arians' offense. We managed to make it deep into the playoffs, and we were perilously close to playing in another Super Bowl if it wasn't for some key injuries, and a few boneheaded mistakes. We did all of that despite having one of the worst defensive secondary units in the entire league... Arians generated just enough success in Pittsburgh, and had a historically great defense to rely on, that's how he won a Super Bowl. When the defense aged, and couldn't shoulder so much of the load, Arians faltered. That's why he's not in Pittsburgh any more. So suck it up buttercup, he's gone. Go be a Cardinals fan if you love him so much.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2515
Likes : 477
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:34 am

Crash wrote:
solardave wrote:
Crash wrote:
Quote :
He's a guy who doesn't understand that the Steelers chose to go in another direction and have benefited from that decision.

1 playoff win.  Arians won 5.  

Back to back seasons with no playoff berth's.  Never happened with Arians.  

Ben has missed 7 games due to injury with Haley. With Arians he missed TWO.  

Benefited my ass.

You keep saying Arians won 5. I guess he did that all by himself.  Funny thing is we never saw him on the field.

I've never seen Haley on the field either.  But the way people act Ben couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time prior to 2012.

NO ONE HAS SEEN EITHER one on the filed but since you insist BA ( not the team )won those five he would have had to be on the field throwing catching and running. Scratch running because we never ran under Arians.

If Todd Haley was from Texas?  You wouldn't want him here.  

If any NON Pittsburgh hometown hero was this teams OC and pulled the same crap Haley has?  He would have been fired long ago.  
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 am

Quote :
Arians ran at times, an above average offense. The problem with his offense was that he often abandoned the running game in favor of passing the ball

When?  Parker led the league in rushing before he was hurt.  In 2008 Parker missed five games Mendenhall missed 15.  That same season AFTER Alan Faneca left as a free agent he also lost his left tackle to injury, his right guard to injury, had a first year starter at left guard, and a new center.  

What did people expect?  A 2000 yard season?  

Quote :
" Arians didn't care about protecting his quarterback, and his recklessness in that regard has gotten a lot of his quarterbacks hurt (Ben, Luck, Palmer)."

Two games, Ben missed in FIVE YEARS with Arians.  

Ben has missed SEVEN with Haley.  Leftwich got crunched in the same KC game Ben got hurt in 2012, aggravated the injury again the next week against the Ravens, never played again.  

Vick injured last season in this offense.  Landry Jones leaves his first home start injured against the Raiders.  

Matt Cassell KO'd in 2011 playing for Haley.  

By all means, let's keep discussing how "safe" Haley's offense has been on his QB's.  

Quote :
His offense stagnated in Pittsburgh, and it was time that someone was brought in that could bring in a balanced, yet still dynamic, offensive attack. Haley has done that in spades.

You're crazy.  Again, twenty or LESS, on offense, in 17 of their last 35 games in the last two seasons, and 25 of their past 51 games since 2013.  If that's the former OC?  What's said?  In 2014 they finished with 20 or less on offense in six of their last eight games after the second Ravens game ended.  

In short, why is the barometer for success LOWERED for Todd Haley?  

Quote :
Todd Haley had a dynamic offense with Kurt Warner under center in Arizona, so dynamic he got offered a head coaching opportunity following the 2008 season in Kansas City.

Incorrect as usual King Friday, THAT Arizona offense was Whisenhunt's three wide system that HE installed in 2007.  The ONLY thing that changed, was that HALEY called the plays in 2008.  But Whiz had him keep it simple, hardly any subbing, and use his three wides and leave them there.    

The offense Haley runs in PITTSBURGH, is his KC Chiefs system, HIS system, where he constantly mixes and matches, constantly subs in and out.  

That's why there is no rhythm, that's why Antonio Brown has 1800 yards, because he's the ONLY one Ben can rely on to be on the field most plays every week.  When Haley on the rarest of occasions leaves the three wides on the field and gets out of their way (Detroit 2013, the first 25 minutes of 2014), they dominate, but when he does that?  HE'S not involved, and he doesn't like it.  Like in KC, HE has to be the star of the show.  A good assistant stays in the background and let's the talent do their jobs.  Haley's problem is that HE wants to be the focal point.    

Btw, he only got the KC job because Scott Pioli, his buddy from New York, hired him.  That's the ONLY way he's ever gotten anywhere in the NFL, he knows the right people.        

Quote :
There's absolutely no denying that our current offense is better than Arians' offense. We managed to make it deep into the playoffs, and we were perilously close to playing in another Super Bowl if it wasn't for some key injuries, and a few boneheaded mistakes.

Deep into the playoffs?  When?  Deep into the playoffs is Conference Championship game or Super Bowl.  

We haven't done that since Arians left.  

Again, don't use injuries for Haley, and ignore them for Arians.  Arians dealt with them too.  

Quote :
Arians generated just enough success in Pittsburgh, and had a historically great defense to rely on, that's how he won a Super Bowl. When the defense aged, and couldn't shoulder so much of the load, Arians faltered.

When exactly did Arians "falter" in Pittsburgh.  List the years please.  

Quote :
That's why he's not in Pittsburgh any more. So suck it up buttercup, he's gone. Go be a Cardinals fan if you love him so much.

No, he's not here because an unqualified owner, overruled his head coach.  

It's worked wonders since.


Last edited by Crash on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16803
Likes : 1309
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:22 am

From PFF:

Quote :
The Steelers entered the 2015 playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the league, but their season ended in disappointment after a divisional-round loss to the Broncos. A big reason for the success of the team was the offense, which finished the season with the fifth-highest PFF grade. Enough has changed over the offseason to believe the offense should be even better in 2016.

Here are four reasons why Pittsburgh’s offense could finish the 2016 season with the league’s top grade.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-4-reasons-why-steelers-should-own-2016s-top-offense/

From Football Outsiders:

Quote :
We currently project Pittsburgh to be the best offense in the league, which makes a lot of sense considering they ranked third in offensive DVOA last year despite getting just 12 games out of Ben Roethlisberger and six out of Le’Veon Bell.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/05/17/football-outsiders-peg-steelers-as-afc-champions-in-2016/

Although I'm not sure why we should trust actual analysts over a disgruntled fan with a clear agenda.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:48 am

Quote :
1. Ben Roethlisberger is in the prime of his career.

And yet, he's missing more games in this alleged "QB safe" offense compared to what he missed in his last offense.  

Quote :
2. Le’Veon Bell was the top RB of 2015 before injury.

And Willie Parker led the NFL in rushing in 2007 before injury and people bitched at Arians for not running enough then.  

And I'll say this, if Haley doesn't have a designed plan for BOTH Bell and DWill?  Chances are is that they will get hurt again.  

Haley must do what Whiz and Arians did:  Every THIRD series, put Williams in regardless of how Bell is playing, and, get a legitimate 3rd down back.  If the Eagles are rumored to be shopping Darren Sproles?  GET HIM.  And, that would also get Antonio Brown, off punt returns.  

Quote :
3. The Steelers won’t miss their lost receivers.

Haley won't.  Because now he has his excuse to leave Spaeth, James, the returning David Johnson on the field.  Everyone keeps pumping up Coates, but Haley's PREFERRED choice of offensive set up means Coates' snaps will be limited.  Me?  I would use Brown, Wheaton, Coates, Green or James, Bell or Williams, and unless someone gets hurt, or asks for a breather?  Get out of their way.  

Quote :
4. The offensive line will be better.

The running game will still be inconsistent if the variety doesn't change.  Every run can't be from shotgun, and up the middle.  Even if running wide fails, you still do it because you need to keep the defense honest.

Btw, those 4 points are not actual analysis. That's just opinions. Actual analysis is when you break down their film, see WHEN things occur, and with WHO, and don't use total numbers without context.

What I have provided, IS analysis. Because unlike some site's who just read stats to form opinions I actually WATCH this team play.



 
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2262
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
1. Ben Roethlisberger is in the prime of his career.

And yet, he's missing more games in this alleged "QB safe" offense compared to what he missed in his last offense.  

Quote :
2. Le’Veon Bell was the top RB of 2015 before injury.

And Willie Parker led the NFL in rushing in 2007 before injury and people bitched at Arians for not running enough then.  

And I'll say this, if Haley doesn't have a designed plan for BOTH Bell and DWill?  Chances are is that they will get hurt again.  

Haley must do what Whiz and Arians did:  Every THIRD series, put Williams in regardless of how Bell is playing, and, get a legitimate 3rd down back.  If the Eagles are rumored to be shopping Darren Sproles?  GET HIM.  And, that would also get Antonio Brown, off punt returns.  

Quote :
3. The Steelers won’t miss their lost receivers.

Haley won't.  Because now he has his excuse to leave Spaeth, James, the returning David Johnson on the field.  Everyone keeps pumping up Coates, but Haley's PREFERRED choice of offensive set up means Coates' snaps will be limited.  Me?  I would use Brown, Wheaton, Coates, Green or James, Bell or Williams, and unless someone gets hurt, or asks for a breather?  Get out of their way.  

Quote :
4. The offensive line will be better.

The running game will still be inconsistent if the variety doesn't change.  Every run can't be from shotgun, and up the middle.  Even if running wide fails, you still do it because you need to keep the defense honest.

Btw, those 4 points are not actual analysis.  That's just opinions.  Actual analysis is when you break down their film, see WHEN things occur, and with WHO, and don't use total numbers without context.  

What I have provided, IS analysis.  Because unlike some site's who just read stats to form opinions I actually WATCH this team play.






_________________
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Bruce served his purpose but that offense wouldn't have done diddly poo had he stayed. We have started to reap the benefits of Haley's offense.

We'll see what this year brings.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:19 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Bruce served his purpose but that offense wouldn't have done diddly poo had he stayed.  We have started to reap the benefits of Haley's offense

Haley was brought here to tweak Ben's game and keep him on the field.  

Ben's missed 7 games since 2012.  

Under Arians he missed TWO.


Last edited by Crash on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Has he tweaked BR7's game? Is he taking less sacks?

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 4
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:27 pm

Who cares about sacks? He's still taking big HITS.

He's on the field LESS.

They win LESS.

They have scored 20 points or less on offense in 25 of their past 51 games the last three years. That also includes three straight games of under 20 points in the playoffs with Haley.

All you supporters of Haley have are irrelevant, meaningless passing yards.





Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:30 pm

So show me where he is taking more hits than when Arians was in the Burgh. Less sacks/hits = less chance to get hurt = more time on the field. He has some pretty freak crappy hits last season.

Oh and the defense hasn't been stellar. There was a much better defense in place when Arians was in the Burgh. That makes a HUGE difference.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   

Back to top Go down
 
Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: