HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Sunday Ticket is killing me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
marvology
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Sunday Ticket is killing me   Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Just saw my DirecTV bill and it's over $140 BEFORE next season's Sunday Ticket! That's with NO premium channels and a middle tier package. I've said this before, but I think I'm done for the last time. This was the final straw for me. Just can't handle them lying to me about charges every year and jacking up prices. I could get way better TV channels and even premium channels without all the fake ad channels that DirecTV pipes in.

No way I'm paying $200+ month football season just to watch 10 unaired Steelers games. I hate feeling out of touch and not being about to watch the games reliably, but this is just too much.

I guess to the Dark Web I go...

OW MY BALLS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.marvbook.com
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Ticket is killing me   Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Geez, I was JUST bitching about my Comcast Cable bill and telling them I would be switching to Direct TV if my prices didn't go back down. After reading this, I may reconsider. However, I'm already paying $200 a month WITHOUT the Sunday Ticket, just the NFL Redzone...

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Ticket is killing me   Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Threaten to cancel their service, tell them WHY.

Then they will send you to their retention department, tell them the same thing, if you get a female she'll offer you some discounts for 6/12 months.

Trust me.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Ticket is killing me   Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:25 am

@marvology wrote:
Just saw my DirecTV bill and it's over $140 BEFORE next season's Sunday Ticket!  That's with NO premium channels and a middle tier package.  I've said this before, but I think I'm done for the last time.  This was the final straw for me.  Just can't handle them lying to me about charges every year and jacking up prices.  I could get way better TV channels and even premium channels without all the fake ad channels that DirecTV pipes in.  

No way I'm paying $200+ month football season just to watch 10 unaired Steelers games.  I hate feeling out of touch and not being about to watch the games reliably, but this is just too much.

I guess to the Dark Web I go...

I know how you feel man. My Directv bill is ridiculous, I think I'm going to cancel their service all together, get something cheap like Playstation Vue and stream games online because the major companies are just too expensive. I don't watch enough TV outside of football to justify it. I literally watch AMC, and HBO when Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are on. Other than that, it's pretty hit and miss. I can't stand most of the regular networks because the commercials are ridiculous, and it seems like there's more and more of those, and less and less of the actual shows.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Ticket is killing me   Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:40 am

I have a Slingbox at my parents' house. I log into it on my phone, pull up the game, then send it to my tv. I work in satellite internet and would never use it for any reason (neither TV nor data).

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Ticket is killing me   Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:14 am

I called 3 months ago, I have DirecTV, and I usually do this every few months, and I asked if they had any deals. My Bill was hovering around 100 bucks a month and I got 25 bucks off for the next years. Bill is down to 75 bucks a month and I have all the channels i need, not counting premium.

Sat/Cable companies are feeling some heat with the cord cutting. So deals like this are going to start happening.

If anyone wants to switch to DirecTV, let me know, Ill give you my account number and you'll get 100 bucks off the next 10 months(10 bucks off per month).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Ticket is killing me   

Back to top Go down

Sunday Ticket is killing me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: