HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16685
Likes : 1293
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:43 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
Hey Wally... you better have cited me in your stats about ratio of Mods/Admins to members for the day.... I said it first!!


You don't think I read your posts, do you?

Good point.  I don't know how you'd get through all my random rambling and posting of articles to get to any point I'd ever try to make.

I didn't bother reading any of that. I'm just going to assume that you said "Ben sucks!"

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:02 am

Quote :
For example, I pointed out in another thread that you're constantly bashing Kirkland's football knowledge, and I asked you what was your football playing experience. I'm still waiting for the answer. Did you play in college? High school?

I played as much high level football as Todd Haley.

That's the fun, ironic part in all of this. Because of my knees I wasn't allowed to play organized football. I played street ball.

But that's all I heard for years. "You never played organized football Crash, you don't know what you're talking about Crash".

Funny, I don't get that anymore from many of the same people who now blow Todd Haley on message boards. Because when Art Rooney II hired that bozo, that was the last bullet they had in their gun when they argue with me.

So if they think I'm not qualified because I never played, then how on Earth can they sit there and say Haley is qualified to run this offense? It's nothing but hypocritical horseshit.

If anything I'm willing to give Haley the chance. All he has to do is STOP, the needless crap he puts in the offense to make everything about HIM. When he allows the talent to dictate the offense, on the rare occasions he has, they dominate, and I give him the credit for it.

But he doesn't do it nearly enough. His overthinking, his micro-managing, and his constant rotating disrupts the flow of his own offense.

Just sit back, leave your best three wides on the field, and let Ben earn the Rooney's money.

Because after the way he's run the offense for four years? Haley right now is wasting it.

Again, the results on the field, do all my talking for me.



Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:25 am

Quote :
Your douchebaggery knows no bounds, does it? I most certainly didn't avoid your question. I responded.

You said you gave Ben credit for winning when actually THIS below, again, is what you said:  

"I know Steelers fans cringe when they hear this, but Ben's job was to "manage" games ... to not lose them. They won by running the ball and playing defense."  

-Wallace108

If you think that full quote is giving Ben credit?  You are as delusional as Yak here is.  

Anyone who claims Ben was a game manager?  Is a moron.  Period.  

Like I said, "fans" like you don't deserve the success Ben gave this football team.  You deserved 10 more years of Kordell Stewart's garbage.

This trash below is even better:

Quote :
In the first playoff game against the Bengals, Ben threw 19 passes for 208 yards.
Against the Colts he threw 24 passes for 197 yards

Nice of you to not mention the five TD passes Ben threw in those first 8 quarters of the 2005 playoff run.

Why is that?

Because it kills your agenda.

Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:50 am

Reflections on the 2004 Steelers: The Year of the Quarterback

Published: May 17, 2009

There have been several articles by Steelers’ fans reliving the incredible rides that resulted in the two recent Steelers’ Super Bowls.  Those were both incredible experiences and I still haven’t quite come down from the last one.

But, for me, one of my all-time favorite Steelers’ seasons was 2004, the year of the quarterback.  

That is a season that is largely forgotten, a mere footnote en route to the Super Bowl seasons, which is too bad.

Because, that season may represent the single greatest accomplishment by a quarterback in the history of the league.  That was the magical season in which Ben Roethlisberger set an NFL record that may never be broken.

As a rookie thrust into action due to injury, he won his first 14 starts.  No rookie has even come close to doing that.  I do not expect to live long enough to see a rookie quarterback break that record.

And, but for fate stepping in, it would never have happened.  The Steelers were intent on easing Roethlisberger into the lineup gradually, letting him learn from veteran quarterbacks Tommy Maddox and Charlie Batch.

That was the conventional wisdom on how you handle a rookie quarterback.  But, as has often the case with Big Ben, conventional wisdom was wrong.

Ben started that pre-season No. 3 on the depth chart.  Batch was injured during the pre-season which moved Ben up to No. 2 on the depth chart.  After winning their opener, the Steelers were getting mauled by the Ravens in the second game when Maddox was knocked out with an injury.

Roethlisberger took the field and the Big Ben era in Pittsburgh officially began.  
While they lost that game, Roethlisberger played superb in relief against one the league’s best defenses.

I couldn’t wait to see how he would do as the starter.  What he did was breathtaking.

Remember when the big bad Patriots** came to town carrying their NFL-record 21-game win streak?  It was a David vs. Goliath game, the rookie Roethlisberger versus one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game, Tom Brady.  That Patriots** team was one of the highest regarded teams of the last three decades.

Roethlisberger played a near perfect game and the Steelers rolled to a surprisingly easy 34-20 victory, ending the Patriots**’ win streak.  On the day, he completed 18 of his 24 pass attempts for 196 yards, two TDs and no turnovers.

My dad was at the game with an old Army buddy from Boston who went to that game in a Patriots**’ jersey.  Needless to say, his buddy had a rough time at that one and took plenty of grief from Steelers’ fans.

The win was memorialized in one of my all-time favorite Steelers’ commercials honoring Christmas, the one that showed the picture-perfect pass from Roethlisberger to Plaxico Burress in the end zone with “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” playing in the background.

While it wasn’t quite Mean Joe Greene with a bottle of coke throwing his jersey to a little boy, it ranks high on my list of all-time favorite commercials.

The very next week, the best team in the NFC came calling, the undefeated Philadelphia Eagles.  The Steelers promptly destroyed them, winning 27-3 on another outstanding performance from Big Ben and the defense.

What I remember most about that game was watching Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens go at it on the sideline late in the game.

Owens was giving McNabb an earful while McNabb tried his best to ignore him.  The game heralded the start of a hatefest on the team from the City of Brotherly Love.  

A couple weeks later, the Steelers matched up against the New York Giants and the rookie quarterback drafted ten spots before Roethlisberger.  While Eli Manning played well in that game, he couldn’t match Big Ben.

The Steelers won 33-30.  Roethlisberger was absolutely superb, posting his first 300-yard passing game in the shootout. He threw for 316 yards and a TD.  He also led his fifth game-winning drive of the season.  

While Big Ben was Mr. Clutch in 2009, often impersonating his hero, John Elway, while leading the Steelers back late, he started that act in his very first season.

There is, quite simply, no quarterback better at leading a team to victory in the fourth quarter than Roethlisberger.  With him at the helm of the offense, the Steelers are never out of games.

It is hard to believe that many critics and writers have claimed Big Ben was just along for the ride with a great team during his first couple years in Pittsburgh.

The great thing about being a critic, apparently, is you can say whatever you want no matter how foolish, even if you don’t watch the games.


What is sad is how much of those early assessments have stuck when it comes to Big Ben.  It is somewhat understandable.

Frankly, people were at a loss what to make of that season because it was so unique.  What was  accomplished was so incredible, so paradigm shattering, that people had a difficult time digesting it and instead attempted to explain it away.

Never before had a rookie quarterback come anywhere close to doing what Big Ben and his Steelers did that year.  That is just not how it was supposed to work.

Even some of his own teammates were doubters.  They knew all too well that rookie quarterbacks have a track record of utter and complete failure.  

Remember Alan Faneca lamenting when Maddox went down that a rookie quarterback couldn’t lead them to the Promised Land?

Roethlisberger’s magical season changed the way that teams look at rookie quarterbacks and may have paved the way for Matt Ryan’s and Joe Flacco’s successes last year.

At the beginning of last season, Ray Lewis grabbed Joe Flacco and reminded him what Big Ben was able to accomplish for the Steelers and challenged him to do the same.

Roethlisberger’s 2004 season has become the marker by which all rookie quarterbacks are measured.  And for those who constantly want to throw an asterisk, a “Yeah, but…” after acknowledging it, they can kiss Roethlisberger’s two Super Bowl rings.

The season ended on a bad note for Steelers’ Nation.  After winning his first playoff game against the New York Jets in a disappointing outing, Roethlisberger and the Steelers fell against the Patriots** in the AFC Championship Game.

It was after that game that a tear-stained Roethlisberger made a promise to Jerome Bettis to get him to his first Super Bowl.  And, one thing we’ve come to know about Big Ben is that he keeps his promises.

That season gets short shrift by a sportswriting community that does not want to give Big Ben his due for his greatness.  He was just a good player on a great team.

Of course, it was the same great team that finished 6-10 the year before allowing the Steelers to even draft Big Ben.  Others point to the running game and put the credit for the Steelers’ success there, but that year’s Steelers team ran so well largely because the passing game was feared.

It was all too often Roethlisberger’s arm that staked out the early leads and led the Steelers back late when they fell behind.

http://www.nflsportchannel.com/2009/05/page/82/


I didn't write this.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16685
Likes : 1293
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:14 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Your douchebaggery knows no bounds, does it? I most certainly didn't avoid your question. I responded.

You said you gave Ben credit for winning when actually THIS below, again, is what you said:  

"I know Steelers fans cringe when they hear this, but Ben's job was to "manage" games ... to not lose them. They won by running the ball and playing defense."  

-Wallace108

If you think that full quote is giving Ben credit?  You are as delusional as Yak here is.  

Anyone who claims Ben was a game manager?  Is a moron.  Period.  

In Ben's early years, they relied heavily on the run game and defense. That's not my opinion ... that's fact. And that's where I give most of the credit to. But not ALL the credit. You keep conveniently leaving out the part where I said Ben, as a young and inexperienced quarterback, played well.

I think you're getting hung up on the word "manage." Despite what some people think, it doesn't have to have a negative connotation. A lot of young talented quarterbacks fail because they're thrust into bad situations where they're asked to do too much too early. In Ben's early years, he wasn't depended on to put up 300 yards and 30 points per game. He was asked to get a few touchdowns, control the ball, and to not make costly mistakes (manage the game). And he did exactly what they needed him to do at the time. You have it in your head that Ben was playing like Joe Montana in his prime and carrying the team the second he stepped onto Heinz Field. Sorry, but that's just not reality.


@Crash wrote:
Nice of you to not mention the five TD passes Ben threw in those first 8 quarters of the 2005 playoff run.  

Why is that?

Because it kills your agenda.  


I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I really don't have an agenda. I'm just a fan rooting for my favorite team. You think that me and others have an agenda because you're projecting your own way of looking at things onto us. You have an agenda, so you think everyone has an agenda. Nope, it's just you who has the agenda, as evidenced by the need for this thread.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 am

Quote :
In Ben's early years, they relied heavily on the run game and defense. That's not my opinion ... that's fact

Here are Ben Roethlisberger's 2005 numbers in 16 games:

226 of 361 (62% ) for 3188 yards (8.3 YPA) for 24 TDS 12 INTS, 99.3 QB rating 5 rush tds = 29 total TDs

Ben led the NFL in YPA. And TD pass percentage.

How is that relying on their run game and defense? If any other QB in any other city did that as a 2nd year player they'd be beloved.

Only in Yinzer Pittsburgh is a quarterbacks role diminished because they have to protect our defense.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:33 am

Quote :
In Ben's early years, he wasn't depended on to put up 300 yards and 30 points per game.

In Ben's FIRST 8 SEASONS they weren't asked to do it. Because as you've been told but apparently can't read that's not how this team is supposed to play.

As soon as they get a second half lead, milking the clock becomes the focal point, not scoring points.

Quote :
And he did exactly what they needed him to do at the time. You have it in your head that Ben was playing like Joe Montana in his prime and carrying the team the second he stepped onto Heinz Field. Sorry, but that's just not reality.

Yeah those seven 4th quarter comebacks in Ben's first 25 regular season starts didn't happen. It was all Coach Gramps and his defense.

You say you don't demean Ben, while you're still doing it.

Quote :
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I really don't have an agenda.

Then why did you omit the FIVE TD PASSES he threw in the playoffs first 8 quarters?

Because all you guys focus on, is PASSING YARDS.

You don't know what yards per attempt means, you don't value putting the ball in the end zone either.



Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16685
Likes : 1293
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:11 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
In Ben's early years, they relied heavily on the run game and defense. That's not my opinion ... that's fact

Here are Ben Roethlisberger's 2005 numbers in 16 games:

226 of 361 (62% ) for 3188 yards (8.3 YPA) for 24 TDS 12 INTS, 99.3 QB rating 5 rush tds = 29 total TDs

Ben led the NFL in YPA.  And TD pass percentage.  

How is that relying on their run game and defense?  If any other QB in any other city did that as a 2nd year player they'd be beloved.  

Only in Yinzer Pittsburgh is a quarterbacks role diminished because they have to protect our defense.

As you like to say ... CONTEXT. Ben was efficient and played well, but he wasn't putting the team on his shoulders and slinging the ball all over the field like he does now.  

Let's look at just the first half of the season.

Week 1, Steelers defeated the Titans 34-7. Ben completed 9 of 11 passes for 218 yards and 2 TDs.
Week 2, Steelers defeated the Texans 27-7. Ben completed 14 of 21 passes for 254 yards and 2 TDs.
Week 3, Steelers lost to the Patriots* 23-20. Ben completed 12 of 28 passes for 216 yards and 2 TDs.
Week 4, BYE
Week 5, Steelers defeated the Chargers 24-22. Ben completed 17 of 25 passes for 225 yards and 1 TD.
Week 6, Steelers lost to the Jaguars 23-17. Ben did not play.
Week 7, Steelers defeated the Bengals 27-13. Ben completed 9 of 14 passes for 93 yards and 2 TDs.
Week 8, Steelers defeated the Ravens 20-19. Ben completed 18 of 20 passes for 177 yards and 2 TDs.
Week 9, Steelers defeated the Packers 20-10. Ben did not play.

For the first half of the season, Ben averaged 19 passing attempts and 197 yards per game. Not exactly HOF numbers.

And just so I'm clear ... I'm not bashing Ben. He was a young quarterback who was still learning the game. He wasn't thrust into a situation where he had to put the team on his shoulders and carry it right away.

You think that the defense sucked and the only reason the Steelers won is because Ben carried the team. I'm sorry, but that's just not reality.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Quote :
For the first half of the season, Ben averaged 19 passing attempts and 197 yards per game. Not exactly HOF numbers.

197 yards on 19 passing attempts?  Is 10.3 yards per attempt.  An Un-Godly number.  

You've made my case for me.  And you don't even realize it.  

Quote :
You think that the defense sucked and the only reason the Steelers won is because Ben carried the team. I'm sorry, but that's just not reality.

The defense is overrated.  Was always overrated.  LeBeau's 4th quarter garbage has been a constant his entire coaching career.  

Quote :
Week 2, Steelers defeated the Texans 27-7. Ben completed 14 of 21 passes for 254 yards and 2 TDs.

254 yards on 21 attempts.  254 yards on 14 COMPLETIONS.  

Flat out ridiculous how good a young player behind center was that early in his career.  God Bless Dan Rooney for pulling rank on Bill Cowher and saving us from what would have been the third biggest mistake in Steelers history and getting Ben to Pittsburgh.  The ONLY thing more ridiculous then Ben's talent are the dunce caps in the fan base who try to downplay how good he was that season.    

Quote :
Week 5, Steelers defeated the Chargers 24-22. Ben completed 17 of 25 passes for 225 yards and 1 TD.

He also scored a touchdown.  Bettis scores with 1:34 left in the half for a 14-0 lead. Defense goes back on the field and gives the TD right back in a mere 1:04 seconds because of LeBeau's prevent defense sucking ass again.  

We then tried to milk the clock by playing conservative in the 3rd quarter, the defense failed and blew a third quarter lead (Chargers had the ball 4 times in the 3rd and scored three times (DEE-FENSE DEE-FENSE).  

Ben goes on the field for the first time in the 4th quarter and it takes all of three plays, three passes, and they score.  

But as they did in the first half, the Steelers offense scores a TD, the defense goes back on the field and gives it right back (The term on social media is called "Give Back Points"). So the great defense blew a 3rd quarter lead, and then a 4th quarter lead.   They gave up points on 5 of their last 6 drives of the night.  

DEE-FENSE DEE-FENSE!  

Then Ben goes back on the field on his last drive of the night got them in FG range before a low cheap hit ended his night.  

Quote :
Week 8, Steelers defeated the Ravens 20-19. Ben completed 18 of 20 passes for 177 yards and 2 TDs.

177 yards on 20 attempts is sick, almost 9 yards per attempt (You probably thought Ben's 9 of 11 start in New York in 2014 was better. LOL).  

Defense blew another 4th quarter lead.  The defense also gave up an opening drive TD AFTER the Steelers scored a TD and chewed up 9 minutes on the clock before the great defense saw one blade of grass.  Give back points, again.  Ben throws his second TD pass to Heath Miller, the great defense goes back on the field and gives up a field goal.  Give back points, again.  

Games stay close, leads aren't bigger, Ben's "numbers" supposedly suffer and then he's bashed by ungrateful idiots, because this great defense is too busy swapping scores.  If anything it puts MORE pressure on your offense, because when they don't produce and gobble up TOP? They know the defense mostly likely will give up points.  Especially in the second half.   Steelers only had the ball one time in the 3rd quarter, and they scored a TD.  Then the great defense went back on the field and couldn't get off the field for almost 9 minutes against a team playing it's 3rd string quarterback.  

Gotta watch the games kids.  Not just read the stat sheet.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Anyone that watched the games knows that the run set up the pass. The Steelers ran for 2464 (which was 2nd best in the league)

On defense they were 9th in interceptions and 5th in forced fumbles.

That's plenty of good support around a young QB. BR7 wasn't asked to go out win games on his own, he was asked not to lose them. He managed the game well.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:36 pm

Crash be like:

I'm making a point here


Now I'm over here

Throw some stats here


Quickly move to over here


They got me again, better go here



Damn, gave Yak another point here (12)




Don't understand this at all.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Quote :
Anyone that watched the games knows that the run set up the pass.

No, that's what we do NOW.  

From 2004-2011, it was the complete opposite.    

We try to run early, NOW.  Haley is on record, he wants 25 rushing carries ASAP, and preferably before the 4th quarter.  He's obsessed with it to the point he's asking the assistants what the rushing attempt number is during a game, in the FIRST HALF.

His words, not mine.

Ut oh Spaghetti O's!


Last edited by Crash on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16685
Likes : 1293
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Last season the Steelers, led by Landry Jones, beat the Cardinals 25-13. So what conclusion can we draw from that? Landry Jones and Todd Haley are greater than Carson Palmer and Bruce Arians. Yay! Cherry picking is fun.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias.[1][2] Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally. This fallacy is a major problem in public debate.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:46 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
Crash be like:

I'm making a point here


                                                                                                   Now I'm over here

                                               Throw some stats here


                                                                                    Quickly move to over here


They got me again, better go here



                                                               Damn, gave Yak another point here (12)




Don't understand this at all.



You got nothing. You add nothing. This is what you do when you're beat.

Finish your Spaghetti O's and grow up.

Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:54 pm

Quote :
Last season the Steelers, led by Landry Jones, beat the Cardinals 25-13. So what conclusion can we draw from that?

That you didn't watch the game.  Landry Jones came off the BENCH in the 3rd quarter (In case you don;t know that means Jones didn't start, as an NFL regulation game is four 15 minute quarters), Mike Vick started that game and was injured in the alleged Guru's "safer offense" in the second half of a game that he started.  

The CORRECT term would be Jones RALLIED the Steelers because they were losing despite Carson Palmer's inaccuracy for most of the day when Jones entered the contest.  

Basic Football 101.  

That was also the game where Todd Haley told Ben Roethlisberger to "tone down" his involvement on the sidelines compared to the involvement Ben showed/displayed the week prior in San Diego.  This after Toddy threw Ben under the bus to FOX Sports, by trying to give Heyward-Bey credit for Vick's TD pass to Wheaton the week before, where as BOTH Wheaton, AND Vick right after the game, gave the credit to Ben.    

Once again, Toddy was more worried about WHO got credit, rather than just trying to win games.  He cuts off Ben at the knees a week later simply because his trickster offense wasn't working for over 45 minutes.  He's a fucking embarrassment, to himself, and to this organization.  A self-promoting POS who's only interested in how much glory he gets.  If I was Ben?  I would have paid the same fine Mendenhall did and stayed home that day.     

Quote :
Landry Jones and Todd Haley are greater than Carson Palmer and Bruce Arians. Yay! Cherry picking is fun.

That day?  Yes they were.  But you big bad Mod's can't site "pundits" when it serves your purpose, to argue with me, then ignore them, and disagree with them, when it doesn't.  

It's called consistency, if YOU are allowed to disagree with the "pundits", then so am I.

Kirkland here posted a phony quote that Antonio Brown never said, I corrected him, and he hasn't been seen since.  

Good day.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16685
Likes : 1293
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:56 pm

@Crash wrote:
The CORRECT term would be Jones RALLIED the Steelers because they were losing despite Carson Palmer's inaccuracy for most of the day when Jones entered the contest.

Thanks for the correction. The way you said it sounds even better.
So Landry came in and rallied the Steelers to a victory over the Cardinals.

A young Landry rallies the Steelers to a win and you instinctively turn to the argument that it was only because the opposing QB had a bad game.  

A young Ben rallies the Steelers to a win and you think they should have retired his number and immediately put him in the Hall of Fame.

Don't jump to conclusions ... I'm in no way comparing Landry with Ben. What I am doing though is illustrating for you how cherry picking a few games doesn't prove you right. There's no debate that Ben played really well his first few years. But he still had a ways to go before he became the QB he eventually became. In your mind, Ben was the best QB in the NFL the second he stepped onto Heinz Field. In your mind, LeBeau and the defense sucked, and Ben carried them. That's just not reality.

Two questions for you Crash:
1. At what point in his career did Ben become one of the best QBs in the league?
2. How much credit to you give Ben for winning Super Bowl XL? Not getting them there, but winning the game.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Quote :
A young Landry rallies the Steelers to a win and you instinctively turn to the argument that it was only because the opposing QB had a bad game

Carson Palmer had players open the entire game, especially in the first half.  He missed BASIC throws that would have put points on the board.  He makes those throws the game isn't even close.  Jones would have never had enough time to overcome the deficit he would have had when he came in if Palmer was more accurate.  

That's not slamming Jones at all.  Carson Palmer being inaccurate before Jones even played is on Palmer.  

Stop looking to argue and READ.  

Like I said, gotta watch the games.  Don't read a box score.  Says here just by the way you worded it, that you didn't even recall that Vick started and Jones relieved him, until *I* told you.

Start watching games.  I don't know how many times you need to be told.  

Quote :
Don't jump to conclusions ... I'm in no way comparing Landry with Ben. What I am doing though is illustrating for you how cherry picking a few games doesn't prove you right.

A few games?  I've broken down BEN'S entire fucking career.  Facts are he's irrelevant now.  He's limited by an unqualified loser who's Daddy got him in the NFL 20 years ago.  

You read stat sheets.  I'll watch the games.  

Quote :
A young Ben rallies the Steelers to a win and you think they should have retired his number and immediately put him in the Hall of Fame.

More cheap shots at Ben's career.  "Fans" like you make me sick.  You're nothing more than a casual fan who doesn't follow the team as closely as others.  You probably read Yak's Steelers Digest when he's finished with it.  

Quote :
There's no debate that Ben played really well his first few years. But he still had a ways to go before he became the QB he eventually became.


Yeah Ben sucked.  He was awful.  The Steelers lost 10 games in a season TWICE in the previous five years before he was drafted, and missed the playoffs in four of the previous six seasons before Ben, and yet Ben was carried by this team.  LOL

Quote :
In your mind, Ben was the best QB in the NFL the second he stepped onto Heinz Field.

Never said that.  That's twice on this board you've said I said things when I have not.  Stop being a troll.  

Quote :
In your mind, LeBeau and the defense sucked, and Ben carried them. That's just not reality.

The reality is the defense was overrated, because LeBeau's career is overrated.  The same issues he has on defense, mainly his 4th quarter defense he's always had.  It's always been a problem wherever he has coached.  

Before Ben. With Ben.  

In Cincy, in Pittsburgh before Ben.  

Quote :
1. At what point in his career did Ben become one of the best QBs in the league?

In 2005.  His numbers in 16 games were awesome.  Also led the NFL in yards per attempt and TD%.  

His first three games in the playoffs that year were legendary, the best three road playoff games by a quarterback in NFL history to that point.  No matter what moronic fans like you say otherwise.  

In ANY OTHER NFL city Ben would get the proper credit he deserves from his fan base. But in inbred, Yinzer Pittsburgh, the defense's reputation means more.

Quote :
2. How much credit to you give Ben for winning Super Bowl XL? Not getting them there, but winning the game.

He struggled early,  played better in the second half, but then made that bad pick off his back foot in the 3rd quarter.  

By all means, cut him.  Play Maddox.  



The best way to describe fans like you who degrade Ben's early career?  Is that you and Todd Haley, and all the success we haven't had since he got here?  Deserve each other.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:13 pm

One minute in.....Dick LeBeau's original trailblazing moment.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:54 am

@Crash wrote:
He's a fucking embarrassment, to himself, and to this organization.  A self-promoting POS who's only interested in how much glory he gets.  

Finally! You are understanding your role here!

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:57 am

@Crash wrote:

Quote :
2. How much credit to you give Ben for winning Super Bowl XL? Not getting them there, but winning the game.

He struggled early,  played better in the second half, but then made that bad pick off his back foot in the 3rd quarter.  

HOW MUCH is a qualitative questions. You avoided answering. Typical Crash.

You say "watch the games" but all you do is throw out stat after stat. I have to imagine I would find something more productive to do in society if I didn't have employment rather than bash Todd Haley.

Now I'll go back to eating my Spaghetti O's (btw, you may be the worst troll at throwing verbal barbs ever).

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 am

@Crash wrote:

Carson Palmer had players open the entire game, especially in the first half.  He missed BASIC throws that would have put points on the board.  He makes those throws the game isn't even close.  Jones would have never had enough time to overcome the deficit he would have had when he came in if Palmer was more accurate.  


Better coaching and that doesn't happen. Arians sucks. Todd Haley beat Arians. What better way to settle an argument of who beats who on the field?

Haley 1, Arians 0.

Yak 12, Crash 0.

Looks like you and your love bird Arians can enjoy getting beat by the opponent together.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:10 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
@Crash wrote:
He's a fucking embarrassment, to himself, and to this organization.  A self-promoting POS who's only interested in how much glory he gets.  

Finally!  You are understanding your role here!

STFU. Like I said you add nothing to this forum. Parsing words and making up quotes makes you look like the immature KID you are.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:16 am

Quote :
Better coaching and that doesn't happen.

Coaching had nothing to do with it. Palmer couldn't finish drives after they went up and down the field the entire day.

The Steelers had ONE. That's right, ONE passing yard in a HALF if football.

Your quote:

"Better coaching and that doesn't happen"

Care to explain Haley's "coaching" in that half then?

I didn't think so.

So again, sit there and STFU.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:18 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
@Crash wrote:

Quote :
2. How much credit to you give Ben for winning Super Bowl XL? Not getting them there, but winning the game.

He struggled early,  played better in the second half, but then made that bad pick off his back foot in the 3rd quarter.  

HOW MUCH is a qualitative questions.  You avoided answering.  Typical Crash.  

You say "watch the games" but all you do is throw out stat after stat.  I have to imagine I would find something more productive to do in society if I didn't have employment rather than bash Todd Haley.

Now I'll go back to eating my Spaghetti O's (btw, you may be the worst troll at throwing verbal barbs ever).

Congratulations. You're a better troll than me.

You want another cookie too?
Back to top Go down
Crash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 196
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:21 am

Quote :
You say "watch the games" but all you do is throw out stat after stat.

No simpleton, I throw out CONTEXT.  

Get a dictionary if you don't know what the word it means.  

Like I told Wallace, "fans" like you who degrade Ben's pre-Haley career DESERVE the lack of results on the field since Haley got here.  

Art II listened to the ignorant people like you two.  And now the REAL fans of this football team suffer because of it.


Last edited by Crash on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0   

Back to top Go down
 
Crash's Official Anti-Haley & Anti-LeBeau Thread 2.0
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: