HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:47 pm

Bryan DeArdo

Steelers defensive coach John Mitchell is as old-school as they get. Mitchell, in his 23rd season as Pittsburgh's defensive line coach, doesn't give rookies any praise, even rookies as promising as third round pick, Javon Hargrave.

Nicknamed "The Gravedigger", Hargrave doesn't Mitchell's old school philosophy, as long as he continues to make strides heading into his first NFL season.

"A compliment? Ain't too many." Hargrave said with a laugh. "I can't think of too many compliments right now. Sometimes when I have good technique (Mitchell) recognizes that, but right now he's just trying to get me better with every little thing.

"It's just (that) I'm a rookie so I ain't going to get too much of that praise and stuff. It's just me showing up and getting better every day right now."

While he may not receive praise from his coach, Hargrave has been getting rave review by just about everyone else that has watched him thus far, as the Steelers delve deeper into training camp.

Hargrave, who will compete with Dan McCuller to start beside Cameron Heyward and Stephon Tuitt on the Steelers' defensive line, isn't thinking about his place on the team's depth chart. Instead, he's dialed in on getting better each day as he continues to learn from Mitchell and his veteran teammates.

"For me, I've got to learn the system, do whatever role they want me to play right now," Hargrave said. "For me, it's just about getting better in camp and seeing how that works out."

While he continues to get coached up by Mitchell, Hargrave is also getting up-close experience going up against All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey, who is more driven than ever after missing the 2015 season with a broken fibula.

"He's the best in the game," Hargrave said with a laugh. "He's the best in the game."

Hargrave was the best defensive player at the NCAA Division I Football Championship division, recording 37 sacks at South Carolina State that included a whopping 15.5 sacks last fall. His staggering sack totals is what compelled Pittsburgh to draft him over Baylor defensive tackle Andrew Billings, who was eventually selected by the Bengals in this year's draft. Now, Hagrave will look to thrive on football's highest level for the team he grew up cheering for.

"I grew up a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, so I’ve seen two of the championships," Hargrave said. "I got to watch them win. They’re all about their championships and winning. (Pittsburgh is) all about football. It’s dedicated to football, and I love football so it’s a good thing."

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Javon-The-Gravedigger-Hargrave-impressing-at-Steelers-camp-46587660

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:31 am

He should start by week 6 at the latest I bet. As much as he was a 1 gap 3tech player in college and has short arms, he has the low base that McCullers doesn't and should be able to control his gap. I think he is a better all around D lineman than McCullers, so he may become a starter by default.

He's got the motor that big dan doesn't seem to have.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:43 am

I bet his drills vs DD are something

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Rookie tackle Javon Hargrave an instant upgrade for the pass rush

August 6, 2016
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Sunday, in the first practice of training camp in pads, rookie defensive tackle Javon Hargrave whipped reserve center Chris Hubbard, a member of the 53-man roster the past two seasons, on consecutive reps in one-on-one pass-rush drills. Monday, Hargrave did the same to Cody Wallace, who started all 16 games at center last season. By midweek, the coaches were intrigued enough to give Hargrave reps with the first-team defense on 11-on-11 team periods.

The Steelers are taking a long look at Hargrave to see if he can be their starting nose tackle. But even if he doesn’t ascend to that job right away, the defensive coaches have big plans for him.

At 6 feet 2, 305 pounds, Hargrave is not your typical nose guard. Daniel McCullers, with whom he is competing for the starting job, has more than 40 pounds on him. But what Hargrave lacks in girth he makes up for with a lightning-quick first step off the ball. He also has tree trunks for legs and an ample backside, his most distinguishing feature, that provides deceptive strength in dealing with bigger offensive linemen.

“He’s an upgrade for us from some of the guys in years past,” said Wallace, who is entering his third season with the Steelers. “He plays with great leverage and he has good quickness to him. He can line up a wider shade and still cross face. He’s able to hide things well where a lot of guys will tighten down. He’s not your typical two-gap nose. He likes to get off the ball, get under you and push you back.

“His leverage is what really helps him. He plays with good hands. He gets under your pads. In the run periods, he’s holding his own in there. If he can hold his own in team run, with the linemen we got, he should be pretty good at this level.”

But make no mistake, Hargrave will help the defense most as a pass rusher as a rookie. That’s why the Steelers drafted him, and that’s where they believe he can contribute the most. The Steelers used their base defense on only 26 percent of the snaps last season. On the other 74 percent, they were in nickel or dime defense.

One of the biggest problems for the Steelers defense last season was depth along the defensive line. Starting defensive ends Stephon Tuitt and Cam Heyward had to play almost the entire game. They were 1-2 on the team in sacks, but with another quality pass rusher in the fold, they should be even more productive because they’ll be better rested.

“If he can do what he’s been doing out here, he’s going to help us,” defensive coordinator Keith Butler said. “That’s what we’re mainly looking for, the pass rush. We’re going to need someone to step in behind Tuitt and Cam and give them a little bit of help.”

When trying to imagine Hargrave’s role in the defense, eliminate your preconceived notions of a nose guard rushing the passer, mostly because he won’t be lining up over the center too often. Think more like Geno Atkins or Aaron Donald.

Hargrave, who was selected in the third round, will line up anywhere from head up on the center all the way to an outside shade on guards.

“When we got him, we thought he was really nimble for a big man,” Butler said. “We felt like he could help us in the pass rush. He has good, quick movement. We want to see how he does in our base defense. But we feel like he’s probably going to help us a little more on passing downs and use him inside to rush the passer.”

One of the reasons Hargrave was not selected higher in the draft was the level of competition he faced in college. He played at Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) South Carolina State. And while he dominated in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, there were some questions about how that would translate in the NFL.

The Steelers have drafted other players out of the FCS ranks over the years. Some have flopped; others have flourished. Hargrave isn’t fazed by the transition.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/08/06/Rookie-tackle-Javon-Hargrave-an-instant-upgrade-for-the-pass-rush/stories/201608060033

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Steelers rookie Javon Hargrave drawing comparisons to Donald, Atkins

Chris B. Mueller Times NFL Correspondent

LATROBE -- When a particular Steelers rookie participates in one-on-one pass rush drills, the names of other NFL interior defensive linemen come to mind: Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins.

"I was actually big fans of both of them coming out," Steelers rookie Javon Hargrave said Monday. "Especially Aaron Donald."

The third-round draft pick out of FCS program South Carolina State has been one of the most impressive rookies throughout the first 10 days of training camp. Hargrave stands at 6-1 and 302 pounds; Donald in comparison is 6-1 and 285 pounds. Hargrave presents a similar skill set to the Rams star defensive tackle, who once won the Bronko Nagurski award at Pitt as the nation's top defensive player.

Unlike Hargrave, Donald and Atkins play in 4-3 defensive schemes with their respective teams. Although from a physical standpoint, there are two key commonalities.

"I guess being around the same size and the same quickness as me compares," Hargrave said. "That’s something I look at because [Donald] is a dominant player and pretty good at what he does."

Both Hargrave and Donald are explosive off the ball with powerful strength in their base to establish leverage in the pass rush. Hargrave, in his first training camp with the Steelers, still needs to polish his technique and acquire adequate game experience to be considered on the same level as Donald or Atkins.

But the flashes are visible. The potential is there.

"He’s one of those shorter guys, but he’s definitely still got the strength," Steelers guard/center Cody Wallace said. "Laterally, he’s able to move real good. That's his advantage. You see guys like [Donald] and [Atkins]. Those type of guys definitely can play in this league."

Facing NFL offensive linemen compared to the competition Hargrave saw in FCS football is a major adjustment, but he has proven in individual and team drills that the transition isn't much of an issue. Hargrave said he's adjusting from playing a three-technique in college to a zero-technique with the Steelers, which lines him up across from the center.

"I've got to find ways to win in a zero," he said. "It’s harder to play at the zero than it is in the third technique. Just finding moves to beat the center and things like that."

In one-on-one drills, it hasn't mattered if Hargrave faced a guard or a center. He consistently has beaten Steelers offensive linemen with a fiery burst off the line, followed by an impressive inside rip or spin move.

"He does a good job crowding the ball and reading the snap count well," Wallace said. "He’s also able to go laterally with it, which I think is an advantage against the center."

"He's quick and really active," guard B.J. Finney said. "He’s smaller than what we’re used to seeing from Dan McCullers, Stephon Tuitt and Cam Heyward. He’s going to take whatever you give him.

"That drill is all about reading the guy and taking what he gives you, and that's what (Hargrave) has done."

Hargrave is the sheer opposite of fellow nose tackle McCullers, which creates a major shift in adjustment for opposing offensive linemen. One play can feature a powerful bull rush from McCullers, followed by a quick, lateral rip from Hargrave on the next.

"You’ve got the best of both worlds," Hargrave said. "You’ve got (McCullers) the bulldozer and me going quick. I don’t know how (offensive linemen) will feel about it, but it’s the best of both worlds."

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-rookie-javon-hargrave-drawing-comparisons-to-aaron-donald/article_ae5dfe7c-5e5a-11e6-b9d2-8785c4f00b81.html?platform=hootsuite

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

One base DL grouping that was interesting. Hargrave at RDE. First time I have seen it. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:14 pm

would like to see the Steelers get 4 pass rush d-line men for their dime defense.

maybe Grant playing a safety / LB in the dime d.

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:34 am

effyou515 wrote:
would like to see the Steelers get 4 pass rush d-line men for their dime defense.

They don't have 4 linemen that are effective at rushing the passer on the roster. Best they could do is Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave and an OLB...which still might be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:43 am

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:57 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

They don't have 4 linemen that are effective at rushing the passer on the roster.  Best they could do is Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave and an OLB...which still might be interesting.

would like to see the Steelers hit on more later round d-line pass rushers.

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:06 am

effyou515 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

They don't have 4 linemen that are effective at rushing the passer on the roster.  Best they could do is Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave and an OLB...which still might be interesting.

They have Dupree, Moats, Harrison, Chickillo. Three of those 4 guys are later round pass rushers and that is how the 3-4 works. 250-260LB guys rushing the passer instead of 280Lb+ DE's.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:48 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

They have Dupree, Moats, Harrison, Chickillo.  Three of those 4 guys are later round pass rushers and that is how the 3-4 works.  250-260LB guys rushing the passer instead of 280Lb+ DE's.

that's how the 3-4 USED to work. butler now wants pass rushing linemen. this explains why they went for the quicker moving hargrave over a fat harder to move slug like mc cullers.

Quote :
While there won’t be an overhaul, Butler did promise some things “we haven’t done before” in his first meeting with the media since his promotion. Those things weren’t catalogued outside of a change in responsibilities along the defensive line.

Steelers linemen have generally existed to occupy opposing blockers so that linebackers can make plays, but Butler is looking for a bit more from Cam Heyward, Stephon Tuitt and others on the line.

“Those guys are talented,” Butler said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “We will use them, too. We can’t let them always take up for the linebackers or try to take people on for the linebackers. We have to let them play football, too. Hopefully, we can employ everybody in this defense, especially the front seven.”

Quote :
There are other fundamental changes in the works. Under Butler, the Steelers' defensive linemen have switched from a two-gap to a one-gap approach. In a two-gap scheme, a defensive lineman is responsible for covering the gaps on either side of his offensive counterpart. He engages the offensive lineman, reads which way the ball is going, then fills the proper gap. In a more aggressive one-gap scheme, the defensive lineman fires off the line of scrimmage and commits to a specific hole, penetrating the gap and, ideally, disrupting a play in the offensive backfield.

Quote :
Offenses had success running against the Steelers last season by stretching out plays laterally and creating wide lanes. Butler said the one-gap scheme will help curtail that because those penetrating defensive linemen should be able to get to the backs quicker.

What's more, Butler said, the two-gap style makes it more difficult to get pressure on quarterbacks.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

They have Dupree, Moats, Harrison, Chickillo.  Three of those 4 guys are later round pass rushers and that is how the 3-4 works.  250-260LB guys rushing the passer instead of 280Lb+ DE's.

that's how the 3-4 USED to work.  butler now wants pass rushing linemen. this explains why they went for the quicker moving hargrave over a fat harder to move slug like mc cullers.

Quote :
While there won’t be an overhaul, Butler did promise some things “we haven’t done before” in his first meeting with the media since his promotion. Those things weren’t catalogued outside of a change in responsibilities along the defensive line.

Steelers linemen have generally existed to occupy opposing blockers so that linebackers can make plays, but Butler is looking for a bit more from Cam Heyward, Stephon Tuitt and others on the line.

“Those guys are talented,” Butler said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “We will use them, too. We can’t let them always take up for the linebackers or try to take people on for the linebackers. We have to let them play football, too. Hopefully, we can employ everybody in this defense, especially the front seven.”

Quote :
There are other fundamental changes in the works. Under Butler, the Steelers' defensive linemen have switched from a two-gap to a one-gap approach. In a two-gap scheme, a defensive lineman is responsible for covering the gaps on either side of his offensive counterpart. He engages the offensive lineman, reads which way the ball is going, then fills the proper gap. In a more aggressive one-gap scheme, the defensive lineman fires off the line of scrimmage and commits to a specific hole, penetrating the gap and, ideally, disrupting a play in the offensive backfield.

Quote :
Offenses had success running against the Steelers last season by stretching out plays laterally and creating wide lanes. Butler said the one-gap scheme will help curtail that because those penetrating defensive linemen should be able to get to the backs quicker.

What's more, Butler said, the two-gap style makes it more difficult to get pressure on quarterbacks.

2-Gap D line play involves read and react principles. 1-gap D line play involves gap cancellation by the front 7. Butler seems to be employing gap cancellation principles....nothing new.

That still doesn't mean we will ever see 4 pass rushing D-linemen in Dime in a 3-4 base defense. The OLB's are there to rush the passer.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:35 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

that's how the 3-4 USED to work.  butler now wants pass rushing linemen. this explains why they went for the quicker moving hargrave over a fat harder to move slug like mc cullers.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

2-Gap D line play involves read and react principles.  1-gap D line play involves gap cancellation by the front 7.  Butler seems to be employing gap cancellation principles....nothing new.

That still doesn't mean we will ever see 4 pass rushing D-linemen in Dime in a 3-4 base defense.  The OLB's are there to rush the passer.
the point is, they are no longer there to just eat up blockers to free up lber's , as they have traditionally been used for. now butler expects them to penetrate the back field and get after the qb. he no longer wants to rely on the olber's to provide the pressure.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:56 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

the point is, they are no longer there to just eat up blockers to free up lber's , as they have traditionally been used for. now butler expects them to penetrate the back field and get after the qb. he no longer wants to rely on the olber's to provide the pressure.

Sure, that can be your point of this thread. I was responding to the wish that the Steelers use 4 D linemen in Dime situation.....which isn't going to happen.

As for 1-Gap D line play, its not just in pass situations. In fact, when the Steelers rushed Keisel, Smith, Harrison, Woodley in passing situations, the down linemen didn't read and react two gaps. Two- gap defensive line play really refers to 1st and 2nd down or 3rd and short. On 3rd and 9, the Steelers put their 4 best pass rushers on the field and the reality is, the OLB's haven't been that good.

1 gap D line play really refers to the D linemen taking 1 gap and the LB's also having a gap responsibility. The previous version was the D linemen had 2 gap responsibilities and played more read and react to the blocks....so the ILB's flowed to the tackle.

Again, reality is the Steelers better pass rushers are Tuitt and Heyward...not Jarvis Jones, Moats, Dupree and the unretired James Harrison.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:57 am

Some 4 linemen sets with Heyward, Hargrave, Mccullers, and Tuitt could be interesting. McCullers, even if a bit underwhelming, is still so big that he occupies blockers. Could free up guys like Heyward, Hargrave, and Tuitt. Just an idea.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Javon Hargrave should be ahead of Daniel McCullers on the depth

By: Parker Hurley

While the Steelers 2016 first-round pick Artie Burns has yet to take the field in a Steelers uniform, their 2016 third round pick Javon Hargrave has taken every opportunity on the field to prove that he needs to be a starter and get significant snaps as a rookie. Daniel McCullers, who surprisingly joined Burns on the inactive list in the Steelers third preseason game more than likely lost his job on Friday night.

Entering training camp it would not be in the Pittsburgh Steelers reputation to name a third-round pick from an FCS school as a starter day one. Therefore the nod went to McCullers, a sixth-round pick, but a player entering year three. However, McCullers only played 13 snaps in 12 games last season, so the job was not etched in stone in any way.

In the first two preseason games, it was McCullers getting the repetitions with the starters, but he did not necessarily do anything to warrant a starting nod. He has shown the same play that warranted being in a reserve role.

Hargrave, on the other hand, had flashed more on tape in his first two games. His biggest strength could be his footwork which leads to strong agility and mobility for a player his size. Combined with his size, and ability to use his lower half to create leverage makes him essentially a dual-threat defensive lineman.

In the third preseason game it could be speculated that the Steelers sat McCullers to get an extensive look at Hargrave in a role getting primary snaps, and once again he showed well. He has dropped into coverage as a nose tackle, taken on double teams, and has chased down running backs past the line of scrimmage.

In the nickel, Hargrave will join Ricardo Mathews to spell Stephon Tuitt and Cameron Heyward this season. However, Hargrave is showing he deserves more than that. He should be on the field next to Tuitt and Heyward in the base defense and serve as a dual threat who can chase the quarterback and take on blockers. There is almost no doubt that Hargrave should start the season as the starting nose tackle.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/27/javon-hargrave-should-be-ahead-of-daniel-mccullers-on-the-depth-chart/

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:28 am

Hargrave earning new nickname, playing time with Steelers

By Dale Lolley

Steelers rookie nose tackle Javon Hargrave’s nickname in college was “Gravedigger.”

He acquired the nickname in part as a play on his last name, but also after burying so many opposing quarterbacks while at South Carolina State, where he recorded 37.5 career sacks. His new teammates, however, have a new moniker for the rookie. Written on a piece of tape above Hargrave’s locker is a new nickname, “J-Wobble.”

It could be because Hargrave is so quick off the line of scrimmage he causes opposing linemen and quarterbacks to teeter in fear.

But more likely it’s because the 6-2, 305-pound Hargrave has the upper body of a normal human being, albeit a large one. From the waist down, however, he resembles the player whom he grew up admiring, former Steelers great Casey Hampton.

Like Hampton, Hargrave has a big posterior and massive legs.

Hargrave, like the children’s toy Weeble, wobbles but doesn’t fall down thanks to that large base.

“It’s a little joke, a rookie thing,” Hargrave said. “I’m enjoying it and enjoying the moment. It’s a little d-line joke.”

Hargrave was given the new nickname by defensive end Cameron Heyward. If Hargrave continues to play as he did in the Steelers’ 27-14 preseason win at New Orleans Friday, he might be starting alongside Heyward.

READ MORE: http://www.observer-reporter.com/20160827/hargrave_earning_new_nickname_playing_time_with_steelers

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:51 pm

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Really struck gold with Hargrave. The whole draft class is looking well.

Burns looks good, albeit we need to see a whole lot more.
Davis is going to be a solid contributor this season. Looks like he's getting comfortable in the slot. But his highest upside is still at safety.
Hawkins had a good camp, looked good against Detroit. Coaches seem high on him also. Sucks he got hurt.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:06 am

Pro Football Focus Grades

Pittsburgh Steelers

Quarterback grade: Landry Jones, 52.1; Bryn Renner, 54.5

Quarterback duo not asked to carry the load

The young Steelers QB duo wasn’t asked to do much, combining to throw just 16 passes. Landry Jones nearly threw an interception on his lone attempt more than 10 yards downfield, a go route to Darrius Heyward-Bey that he placed too far to the inside, giving Panthers corner Bené Benwikere a contested chance at the pick. Renner completed just one of his four attempts aimed more than 10 yards downfield, but avoided any turnover-worthy throws on his 11 attempts.

Top offensive grades

G B.J. Finney, 76.7

T Alejandro Villanueva, 69.9

WR Cobi Hamilton, 69.9

TE David Johnson, 68.2

WR Eli Rogers, 67.8

LG Chris Hubbard struggles again

In his fourth season with the Steelers, Chris Hubbard has graded negatively for the fourth preseason in a row. After allowing two hurries in this game, he’s now surrendered eight pressures in total, and his run-blocking has graded in the bottom quarter among guards.

Top defensive grades

LB L.J. Fort, 80.8

S Jordan Dangerfield, 78.7

CB Al-Hajj Shabazz, 78.3

NT Daniel McCullers, 76.9

OLB Arthur Moats, 76.3

DT Javon Hargrave impresses yet again

Third-round pick Javon Hargreave saw his largest preseason workload to date (35 snaps) and responded with his third positively-graded game. He added three more pressures, bringing his preseason total to two sacks and six hurries and his pass-pushing productivity to 9.7, the third-highest mark among defensive tackles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pit-car-grades/

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:55 am

Not sure why, but I'd like to see Cobi Hamilton on the 53. It's not going to happen but I'm a fan.

Last edited by BlackAndGold on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:18 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
Not sure why, but I'd to see Cobi Hamilton on the 53. It's not going to happen but I'm a fan.

I think you might find it fun to say "Cobi". I haven't seen anything that makes sense for him to be on the 53. Maybe a practice squadder?
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:29 am

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:51 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
We've certainly come a long way from LeBeau. Congrats to Hargrave. I think he's doing to be a great player for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: