HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:26 pm

nice, really excited to see this kid in a real game
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Mark Kaboly ✔@MarkKaboly_Trib

Javon Hargrave left practice early with an apparent knee injury. Tuitt said he didn't get full details yet, but said he left early.

7:13 AM - 5 Sep 2016

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Chris Bradford @BCTBradford

McCullers says Hargrave "Felt a little tweak ... Hopefully its nothiing serious and he'll back soon." #Steelers

McCullers if he's ready to go if Hargrave can't: "Yep."

7:38 AM - 5 Sep 2016

https://twitter.com/bctbradford

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:47 pm

This season is going great.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Hargrave Leaves Practice With Apparent Knee Injury

The Pittsburgh Steelers reportedly had one of their draft picks go down injured during the team's Monday practice and it was defensive tackle Javon Hargrave. According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Hargrave, this year's third round draft pick out of South Carolina State, left practice with an apparent knee injury. On the team's initial depth chart that was released Monday morning, Hargrave was listed as the team's starting nose tackle...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/report-steelers-dt-javon-hargrave-left-mondays-practice-apparent-knee-injury/

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Unbelievable. Hopefully it's nothing major.

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Chris Bradford @BCTBradford

McCullers says Hargrave "Felt a little tweak ... Hopefully its nothiing serious and he'll back soon." #Steelers

McCullers if he's ready to go if Hargrave can't: "Yep."

7:38 AM - 5 Sep 2016

https://twitter.com/bctbradford

Yeah, Big Dan is ready to go.....at a much slower pace.....with a weaker motor.
I didn't see much improvement from him this preseason whereas Hargrave played like a starter.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Steelers rookie Hargrave, tabbed to start at nose tackle, injured

Mark Kaboly | Monday, Sept. 5, 2016

Javon Hargrave was on top of the world one minute and then laying on his back the next.

Only hours after the Steelers' rookie third-rounder was promoted to the starting nose tackle, Hargrave left practice after apparently injuring his knee during the team's first workout in advance of Monday night's season opener against the Redskins.

There was no immediate update on Hargrave's injury, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin doesn't address the media until Tuesday. But a pair of his fellow defensive linemen are hoping Hargrave's injury isn't serious.

“I heard it was a little tweak or something like that,” said nose tackle Daniel McCullers, whom Hargrave beat out for the starting spot. “Hopefully he will be back because we are going to need him.”

Hargrave was not available during the locker room media session after practice.

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt saw Hargrave hobble off the field during a team defensive period midway through practice. Tuitt checked on Hargrave while he was being looked at by team trainers but didn't immediately know the extent of the injury.

“I really didn't get a chance to see how he was,” Tuitt said. “We will probably get more information later on. He did leave early to have it checked out.”

If Hargrave's injury isn't serious and he starts at the Redskins, he will join some select Steelers company.

Only two players have started their first professional game as a rookie on defense over the past 14 years: Kendrell Bell in 2001 and Ryan Shazier in 2014. The last defensive lineman to start as a rookie was Brentson Buckner in 1994. Hall of Famer Jack Lambert started as a rookie in 1974.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11079525-74/hargrave-rookie-steelers

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:42 pm

Losing this guy might hurt more than bud....lets hope it's not serious

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:06 am

BlackAndGold wrote:

Hoping this is correct...I've been following the Steelers since 1978 and I cannot remember another season that was even close to this one for losing players before it even began. It's been absolutely unreal.
Back to top Go down
pczach

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:03 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:

Hoping this is correct...I've been following the Steelers since 1978 and I cannot remember another season that was even close to this one for losing players before it even began. It's been absolutely unreal.

You're right. We usually have to wait for the season opener for players to start dropping like flies.

I say......get it out of the way and get these guys back during the season and be healthy for the super bowl run. Instead of losing half the team during the season and going into the playoffs, let's get healthy late and smoke the field.

They are so due for some injury luck. Let's hope this is the year.

Weather the storm early. Get Bell back after the suspension. Heyward gets back to 100%. Hargrave is allowed to heal up while McCullers holds down the fort, and he returns to action. Rogers and Coates provide plenty of big plays. Golson returns around mid-season. Gilbert works his way into the starting lineup because he plays so well in limited action after learning the defense, he has to see the field. Dupree gets back and is completely healthy for the stretch run, adding a fresh pass rusher just at the right time. The secondary gels, the pass rush is healthy and effective, and they are mauling NFL teams late in the year.

Super Bowl!

It can happen.

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:38 am

Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:45 am

I really see him as a D rookie of the year kind of player. I hope he's ok.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:49 pm

Ed Bouchette wrote:
Tomlin called Hargrave knee injury "minor"
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:27 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
I really see him as a D rookie of the year kind of player. I hope he's ok.

You mean the Steelers D rookie of the year? Good chance. He wont likely get more than 20 snaps a game, but he's definitely an upgrade over McCullers, which is fine by me. I think he is really a 3 technique lineman and they will likely play him that way for the most part, but I cant think of a better position coach for him to learn his role in the defensive front.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Hargrave has minor injury. Day to day

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:17 pm

I really hate injuries. Its anxiety all year no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Ray Fittipaldo ‏@rayfitt1

Hargrave says he has a quad injury, not a knee injury. Doesn't know if he'll practice today. Hopeful for Monday.

https://twitter.com/rayfitt1?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Steelers notebook: Trio of injured players expect to play Monday

Chris Adamski | Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016

Roughly a quarter of the Steelers' starting lineup has questions about its injury status for Monday night's season opener at Washington.

At least three of those players took part in practice Wednesday and expressed optimism they will be available to play against the Redskins.

“I should be good,” defensive tackle Javon Hargrave said.

“I don't see any reason why I can't be ready for Monday,” defensive end Cameron Heyward said.

“I should be good to go,” receiver Markus Wheaton said.

Wheaton (shoulder) said his participation in practice was limited mostly to individual drills Wednesday.

Heyward, who suffered a high-ankle sprain in a preseason game at New Orleans two weeks ago, conceded “I'm not where I want to be yet” and “if we played today, you know, it'd be up in the air.”

“If I'm practicing today, I don't see why I can't play in a game on Monday,” Heyward said.

Hargrave said he was nervous after suffering a left quad injury during Monday's practice. But he said Wednesday it wasn't serious.

“I'm just taking it day by day, just rehabbing and getting better,” said Hargrave, who was tabbed as a starter Monday. “It's not that bad. It was nothing serious, just a little something slight.”

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11103597-74/monday-steelers-season

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:48 am

Alex Kozora@Alex_Kozora

Steelers' preseason defensive pressure leaders.

Javon Hargrave: 6
Arthur Moats: 5.5
Anthony Chickillo: 3
Stephon Tuitt: 3

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/773632228320350208

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Bob Labriola @BobLabriola

Practice rept: Mathews, Shamarko, MGilbert, Heyward, Hargrave all participate fully. Nix, Wallace, Wheaton, Golson didn't practice.

9:25 AM - 8 Sep 2016

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/steelers-thursday-injury-report-heyward-hargrave-thomas-practiced-fully/

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:22 pm

PostSubject: Re: Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp   

Back to top Go down

Javon "The Gravedigger" Hargrave impressing at Steelers' camp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: