HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:53 am

I like Gradkowski, but as much as I hate to say it, it's probably time for that guy to go. He simply can't stay healthy, and we can't have question marks in QB ranks. As of right now I'd say we should roll with Jones/Vaughan as the backups.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:51 am

I was disappointed with McCullers....he gives up on plays too easily and whenever he was running down a play from behind he was wearing "loafers."

He doesn't seem to play with any intensity or urgency.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:03 pm

@BlackAndGold wrote:
Great catch by DHB for the TD.

Sharmarko has had a very good game.

Hargrave is getting pressure.

Richardson is fast.

I agree except for Thomas. He still misses tackles and is out of position. I have to question his football intelligence. No doubt he has skills but he just doesn't seem to understand where he needs to be.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:01 pm

Mark Kaboly ✔@MarkKaboly_Trib

Steelers have lost 12 of their last 14 preseason games.

13 Aug 2016

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:21 am

@FrancoLambert wrote:
I was disappointed with McCullers....he gives up on plays too easily and whenever he was running down a play from behind he was wearing "loafers."

He doesn't seem to play with any intensity or urgency.    

Yes, I was disappointed because of the hype. He looks like the same old lazy loafing Dan. At least Hargrave looked good and so to did Walton.

Shamarko was hot and cold. Davis looked like a rookie getting beat a few times and missing tackle on Boldin. Villanueva showed why they signed some vet insurance as he again allowed the inside rush and didn't use his long arms to punch.

Eli Rogers looked like the guy that has been getting hyped in camp. Doran Grant kept everything in front of him and tackled well I thought. L J Fort is going to make a run at the 53 if he keeps playing like that and Hawkins reminded me of a young Marvel Smith getting 2nd level on a run block. A decent game in all.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:31 am

The kicking game:
Jordan Berry did a great job....WTF was Boswell doing trying to make a tackle on a KO return.....in a preseason game....doesn't he remember how Suisham ended his career????
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Missed the game, how did our backup QB's look? Jones stats looked ok and saw that nice TD pass to DHB in the corner of the end-zone. How about Vaughn? Can he replace Grad?

Overall from the stats and highlights i think we look ok. Most of our stars were out, and i'm guessing we dominated with a mix a starters and backups more or less the first half to three quarters.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:17 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:
The kicking game:
Jordan Berry did a great job....WTF was Boswell doing trying to make a tackle on a KO return.....in a preseason game....doesn't he remember how Suisham ended his career????

What's he supposed to do in that situation? Run to the sideline and disappear? I almost think maybe they pickup a 2nd kicker just so he can kickoff with the young/inexperienced special teamers. Let Boswell just come in on field goal attempts.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:35 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Mark Kaboly  ✔️@MarkKaboly_Trib

Steelers have lost 12 of their last 14 preseason games.

13 Aug 2016

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

fire the whole team, even the practice squad!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:59 am

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
@FrancoLambert wrote:
The kicking game:

What's he supposed to do in that situation? Run to the sideline and disappear? I almost think maybe they pickup a 2nd kicker just so he can kickoff with the young/inexperienced special teamers. Let Boswell just come in on field goal attempts.

Not a bad suggestion.....especially since he's our #1 kicker and it was a preseason game.  

Taking a knee to the head....sustaining a concussion with its lingering effects....and we're repeating what we went through last season auditioning kickers that cost us games.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:00 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:
@FrancoLambert wrote:
The kicking game:

Not a bad suggestion.....especially since he's our #1 kicker and it was a preseason game.  

Taking a knee to the head....sustaining a concussion with its lingering effects....and we're repeating what we went through last season auditioning kickers that cost us games.

And yet after the play, Danny Smith and Boswell's teammates were high-fiving him on the sideline.

I do have a feeling that Tomlin is telling Bos and Smith that next time he should find a hole in the field and crawl in it.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:29 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Missed the game, how did our backup QB's look? Jones stats looked ok and saw that nice TD pass to DHB in the corner of the end-zone. How about Vaughn? Can he replace Grad?

Jones looked fine. He had a nice pass on the first series that he dropped over the CB and in front of the S , but DHB dropped it. Batch commented that " he has to catch those". Also had a couple other passes to Coates that they weren't on the same page. One slant he threw nicely between 3 defenders, but Sammy kept running thru the zone and didn't sit in the window the ball was thrown.

Vaughn could be the #3 if they walk from Gradkowski, but there are likely other better options out there.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:58 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

Jones looked fine.  He had a nice pass on the first series that he dropped over the CB and in front of the S , but DHB dropped it.  Batch commented that " he has to catch those".  Also had a couple other passes to Coates that they weren't on the same page.  One slant he threw nicely between 3 defenders, but Sammy kept running thru the zone and didn't sit in the window the ball was thrown.

Vaughn could be the #3 if they walk from Gradkowski, but there are likely other better options out there.

Thanks, I think chances are good that we'll need the backup QB (looks like jones) to get us through a game or two.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:03 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:
@FrancoLambert wrote:
The kicking game:

For a preseason game, I agree with you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)   

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Lions (preseason week 1)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: