HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2295
Likes : 1124
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Niners QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem in protest

By JOSH DUBOW
— Aug. 27, 2016



SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is refusing to stand for the national anthem before games because he believes the United States oppresses African Americans and other minorities.

Kaepernick sat on the team's bench Friday night during the anthem before the Niners played host to the Green Bay Packers in an exhibition game. He later explained his reasoning in an interview with NFL Media .

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Saturday that "players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem."

The 49ers issued a statement after Pro Football Talk initially reported on Kaepernick's stand, saying that Americans have the right to protest or support the anthem.

"The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pregame ceremony," the team said. "It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

Kaepernick, who is biracial, was adopted and raised by white parents. He has been outspoken on his Twitter account on civil rights issues and in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick is not the first U.S.-based athlete to use the anthem for protest. In 1996, NBA player Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf refused to stand for the anthem, saying the United States had a history of tyranny and doing so would conflict with his Islamist beliefs. The NBA initially suspended Abdul-Rauf for his stance before it was lifted when he said he would stand and pray silently during the song.

Kaepernick said he is not worried about any potential fallout from his protest.

"This is not something that I am going to run by anybody," he told NFL Media. "I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. ... If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."

to read rest of article:

http://pro32.ap.org/post-gazette/article/niners-qb-kaepernick-refuses-stand-anthem-protest

_________________
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
avatar

Posts : 685
Likes : 254
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:24 pm


_________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2295
Likes : 1124
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:16 pm


_________________
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2842
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:45 pm

he's just butt hurt because his career is in the toilet bet if he had a great year last year and knew he'd be starting this year he'd be standing with a smile on his face.

he has the right to not stand and I have the right to disagree.

_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2842
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:06 pm


_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2295
Likes : 1124
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Vikings' Alex Boone rips ex-teammate Colin Kaepernick for lack of respect

by Tom Pelissero, USA TODAY Sports
August 28, 2016

MINNEAPOLIS — Alex Boone chose his words carefully, noting he’d been warned the question was coming.

But Boone, the Minnesota Vikings veteran guard, made abundantly clear Sunday he was upset by former San Francisco 49ers teammate Colin Kaepernick’s recent decision not to stand for the Star-Spangled Banner.

“It’s hard for me, because my brother was a Marine, and he lost a lot of friends over there,” Boone told USA TODAY Sports. “That flag obviously gives (Kaepernick) the right to do whatever he wants. I understand it. At the same time, you should have some (expletive) respect for people who served, especially people that lost their life to protect our freedom.

“We’re out here playing a game, making millions of dollars. People are losing their life, and you don’t have the common courtesy to do that. That just drove me nuts.”

Kaepernick told NFL Network on Friday night that he chose not to stand because: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Boone, who played five seasons with Kaepernick in San Francisco, said he was upset and disappointed by Kaepernick’s actions but not surprised.

He spoke after the Vikings’ exhibition Sunday against the San Diego Chargers wearing a shirt bearing the name of Chris Kyle, the late Navy SEAL veteran portrayed in the movie American Sniper.

“You see all these pictures of these veterans that have no legs, and they’re standing up in a wheelchair,” Boone said after a small group of reporters gathered at his locker. “I had a brother that served, and he lost friends, and I know how much it means to him. It’s shameful.”

Asked how he would’ve handled it had he still been with the 49ers, Boone said: “See, I’m a very emotional person. So, I think if I had known that, my emotions would’ve been rolling — I think we would’ve had a problem on the sideline.

“And I get that he can do whatever he wants. But there’s a time and a place. Show some respect, and that’s just how I feel.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2016/08/28/alex-boone-rips-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-49ers/89514450/

_________________
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:27 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
he's just butt hurt because his career is in the toilet bet if he had a great year last year and knew he'd be starting this year he'd be standing with a smile on his face.

he has the right to not stand and I have the right to disagree.



This is not Ali refusing induction in the prime of his career - Kaepernick became righteous only after his career was circling the drain
Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi



Posts : 119
Likes : 78
Join date : 2015-04-30

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:00 am

According to U.S. Census Bureau estimates, the population of non-Hispanic black Americans was 39,925,949 in 2015. According to the Washington Post, there were 258 black deaths at the hands of police in 2015, with 50 of them occurring under controversial circumstances (38 unarmed, five with a toy weapon, and seven unknown to have had a weapon or not). If you divide 50 by 39,925,949, you get 0.0000013, or a 1.3-in-a-million chance of getting killed by police for no good reason. This is why I'm getting sick and tired of all the inflammatory rhetoric about "systematic oppression" or "black genocide," because no such thing is happening. Can we get that number lower than 50? Yes we can, and we should. But blatant bullshit rhetoric solves absolutely nothing. In fact, it makes the problem less likely to be solved, because it's divisive. Nobody in their right mind wants to deal with anybody who believes that there's any race in the United States today that's being systematically executed. Simple mathematics proves otherwise.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11056
Likes : 747
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:14 am

Well at least for Kaepenick, when the anthem is done playing he won't have to move from the bench.

I would like to see the armed services protest 49ers games and not help hold the flag at the beginning of the game.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1405
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:47 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Well at least for Kaepenick, when the anthem is done playing he won't have to move from the bench.

Ha, that's funny stuff Truck! One would think he'd use that opportunity to give his ass a rest from that hard bench and stand for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1405
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:02 pm

@Craziaskowboi wrote:
According to U.S. Census Bureau estimates, the population of non-Hispanic black Americans was 39,925,949 in 2015. According to the Washington Post, there were 258 black deaths at the hands of police in 2015, with 50 of them occurring under controversial circumstances (38 unarmed, five with a toy weapon, and seven unknown to have had a weapon or not). If you divide 50 by 39,925,949, you get 0.0000013, or a 1.3-in-a-million chance of getting killed by police for no good reason. This is why I'm getting sick and tired of all the inflammatory rhetoric about "systematic oppression" or "black genocide," because no such thing is happening. Can we get that number lower than 50? Yes we can, and we should. But blatant bullshit rhetoric solves absolutely nothing. In fact, it makes the problem less likely to be solved, because it's divisive. Nobody in their right mind wants to deal with anybody who believes that there's any race in the United States today that's being systematically executed. Simple mathematics proves otherwise.

Yeah, by demographic, the incident of being gunned down by a cop in a totally undeserving death (murdered) is lower than getting hit by lightning. But no one should be gunned down by a person in authority, no matter their color. To your point, Kaepenick is disrespectful over a point that statistic just don't support his boycott.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17030
Likes : 1384
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 am

@Craziaskowboi wrote:
According to U.S. Census Bureau estimates, the population of non-Hispanic black Americans was 39,925,949 in 2015. According to the Washington Post, there were 258 black deaths at the hands of police in 2015, with 50 of them occurring under controversial circumstances (38 unarmed, five with a toy weapon, and seven unknown to have had a weapon or not). If you divide 50 by 39,925,949, you get 0.0000013, or a 1.3-in-a-million chance of getting killed by police for no good reason. This is why I'm getting sick and tired of all the inflammatory rhetoric about "systematic oppression" or "black genocide," because no such thing is happening. Can we get that number lower than 50? Yes we can, and we should. But blatant bullshit rhetoric solves absolutely nothing. In fact, it makes the problem less likely to be solved, because it's divisive. Nobody in their right mind wants to deal with anybody who believes that there's any race in the United States today that's being systematically executed. Simple mathematics proves otherwise.

Bingo!

If Kaepernick wants to use his status to make America a better place, that's great. But this isn't the way to do it. To create the America he desires, people need to unite and think in terms of "us" instead of "us vs. them." You can't unite people by using divisive tactics.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 62
Likes : 33
Join date : 2016-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:22 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Craziaskowboi wrote:
According to U.S. Census Bureau estimates, the population of non-Hispanic black Americans was 39,925,949 in 2015. According to the Washington Post, there were 258 black deaths at the hands of police in 2015, with 50 of them occurring under controversial circumstances (38 unarmed, five with a toy weapon, and seven unknown to have had a weapon or not). If you divide 50 by 39,925,949, you get 0.0000013, or a 1.3-in-a-million chance of getting killed by police for no good reason. This is why I'm getting sick and tired of all the inflammatory rhetoric about "systematic oppression" or "black genocide," because no such thing is happening. Can we get that number lower than 50? Yes we can, and we should. But blatant bullshit rhetoric solves absolutely nothing. In fact, it makes the problem less likely to be solved, because it's divisive. Nobody in their right mind wants to deal with anybody who believes that there's any race in the United States today that's being systematically executed. Simple mathematics proves otherwise.

Bingo!

If Kaepernick wants to use his status to make America a better place, that's great. But this isn't the way to do it. To create the America he desires, people need to unite and think in terms of "us" instead of "us vs. them." You can't unite people by using divisive tactics.


Good point! And the bottom line is that if everyone who had an agenda chose actions like this we would back at civil war! There are a lot of people who are rightfully upset that blacks commit an inordinate amount of violent crime, occupy an inordinate number of prison cells, and consume an inordinate amount of American tax dollars.

There are still people who are ignorant enough to base an opinion on the color of someones skin but picking and choosing which facts that you want to bitch about, and which ones you want to pretend don't exist, is not the answer.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 2021
Likes : 1162
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17030
Likes : 1384
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am

Aaaaaaaand some people can't understand why Kaepernick is still without a team ...

Kaepernick’s GF Appears To Compare Bisciotti, Lewis To Slave Owner, Slave

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Colin Kaepernick’s reported girlfriend tweeted out pictures Wednesday that appear to compare Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and Ray Lewis to a slave owner and slave.

Nessa Diab is a New York City radio DJ and regular on MTV’s Girl Code.

The picture she tweeted shows Lewis with his arms around Bisciotti, along with a picture of Samuel L. Jackson with his arms around Leonardo Dicaprio from the movie “Django Unchained,” in which Dicaprio was a slave owner and Jackson was his house slave.

This comes after an ESPN report that Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and general manager Ozzie Newsome support signing Kaepernick, but Bisciotti was against the signing.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/08/03/kaepernick-girlfriend/

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11056
Likes : 747
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:00 am

I don't think Kaep is that bad of a player. He may not be the leader some owners/GMs want in a QB, but he's still talented, and can play the game.

People want to reference his protest of the National Anthem. Yet no one speaks about the thousands of people every game who do not stop moving, who do not stop talking, who do not remove their hats. These actions are just as disrespectful to anthem as not standing. IMO, even more so. Why? Simple, at least when kneeling he's not moving and he's not talking.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2602
Likes : 1137
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:12 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I don't think Kaep is that bad of a player.  He may not be the leader some owners/GMs want in a QB, but he's still talented, and can play the game.

People want to reference his protest of the National Anthem.  Yet no one speaks about the thousands of people every game who do not stop moving, who do not stop talking, who do not remove their hats.  These actions are just as disrespectful to anthem as not standing.  IMO, even more so.  Why?  Simple, at least when kneeling he's not moving and he's not talking.

Kaepernick has fame, and a platform with which to disrespect the flag on a national level. Normal people do not. At least the people in the crowd aren't kneeling down, insulting the American police force in the media, and generalizing all police based on the actions of a few. Many of my ancestors fought, and some died fighting for the Union Army in the American Civil War. My Great (x4) Grandfather  believed in restoring our union, and putting a stop to slavery. He was wounded at the Siege of Vicksburg fighting under General Ulysses S. Grant in the 22nd Iowa Infantry Regiment (Company C), and died of his wounds. He shed his blood for our flag. Something I'm incredibly proud of. To see an athlete utilizing our National Anthem to try and further his own personal political agenda, and to spew hate and mistrust towards law enforcement pisses me off. It insults me, it insults everyone I work with, it insults my numerous (approx 7-8 ancestors) who fought for the Union in the Civil War. Quite frankly I don't need to hear from some silver spoon licking, spoiled ass athlete about how everyone I work with is murderers. I don't need some guy that was raised by wealthy white people on my TV acting like he was raised straight out of the hood when he was the furthest thing from it. Kaepernick is a fucking poser when it comes to his political stance, and being a supposed SJW.

As for Kaepernick's football chops, he really isn't that good. He can't read defenses worth a damn. He's a serviceable backup in this league at best. He rode the coattails of a successful system during his first three seasons in San Francisco, when the Coach left, and Kaepernick was no longer surrounded by talent on both sides of the ball he got exposed. As for teams not wanting to sign him, who can blame them? He chose to bring all the media attention to himself, he wanted a media circus, he wanted cameras on him every week when he was kneeling during the anthem. He made his bed, now he gets to lay in it, because teams don't want to deal with the distraction. When it comes down to it, the NFL is a business, you work for the franchise that signs you, if they don't want their franchise represented in that manner they have every right to say no to it. If I just started spouting off my political opinions at work, or my opinion on how things are run by our administration at work, I'd be written up and/or fired for it. Kaepernick got cut, that was the consequence of his actions. He should love it not playing in the NFL, he wanted to be an SJW, now he can do it full time.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 573
Likes : 123
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:51 am

I'm not an American and I have never lived in the US so I'm looking at the situation with a different view, although I agree with a lot of what Iowa said. But I believe that he's good enough (as a back-up) to play in the NFL and that he should be on a roster somewhere. It's strange that a lot of his former teammates supported his actions btw:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18379314/colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-voted-teammates-winner-len-eshmont-award

About his qualities as a player, I think he's really talented, but just as Blake Bortles too lazy to study film. I think both of them could be franchise QB's but lack character.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11056
Likes : 747
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:05 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Kaepernick has fame, and a platform with which to disrespect the flag on a national level. Normal people do not. At least the people in the crowd aren't kneeling down, insulting the American police force in the media, and generalizing all police based on the actions of a few. Many of my ancestors fought, and some died fighting for the Union Army in the American Civil War. My Great (x4) Grandfather  believed in restoring our union, and putting a stop to slavery. He was wounded at the Siege of Vicksburg fighting under General Ulysses S. Grant in the 22nd Iowa Infantry Regiment (Company C), and died of his wounds. He shed his blood for our flag. Something I'm incredibly proud of. To see an athlete utilizing our National Anthem to try and further his own personal political agenda, and to spew hate and mistrust towards law enforcement pisses me off. It insults me, it insults everyone I work with, it insults my numerous (approx 7-8 ancestors) who fought for the Union in the Civil War. Quite frankly I don't need to hear from some silver spoon licking, spoiled ass athlete about how everyone I work with is murderers. I don't need some guy that was raised by wealthy white people on my TV acting like he was raised straight out of the hood when he was the furthest thing from it. Kaepernick is a fucking poser when it comes to his political stance, and being a supposed SJW.

I do not disagree with anything you stated here. I, too, am proud of the men & women (family and non-family) who have voluntarily put themselves in harms way for the freedoms we all enjoy.

My point, which maybe I didn't make clear, was many of the people bitching and complaining about Kaep don't give the same respect to the flag, or the anthem they're screaming for him to give. I don't care if you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth or had to fight for everything you've got. I believe in honoring the anthem and the flag. To me, that means standing, not moving, not talking, and removing your hat. If your child thinks about moving you grab them by the arm ensure they remain motionless, and then explain to them WHY we do what we do for the flag and the anthem.

I do not agree with Kaep's message or the way he delivered it. I also don't agree with the hypocrisy with which people are judging him with.

However, he certainly has the freedom to stand or not, because of the people you mentioned.

That is why, those people, and not people like Kaep, will be my true heroes!

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2602
Likes : 1137
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:03 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I'm not an American and I have never lived in the US so I'm looking at the situation with a different view, although I agree with a lot of what Iowa said. But I believe that he's good enough (as a back-up) to play in the NFL and that he should be on a roster somewhere. It's strange that a lot of his former teammates supported his actions btw:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18379314/colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-voted-teammates-winner-len-eshmont-award

About his qualities as a player, I think he's really talented, but just as Blake Bortles too lazy to study film. I think both of them could be franchise QB's but lack character.

I think he's a backup at best. He had some initial success with the 49ers in my opinion because he had a system, a good coach, and talent around him that hid his deficiencies as a pro-quarterback. Those deficiencies reared their ugly head when Harbaugh left town. Kaep is terrible at reading defenses and going through progressions, he is inconsistent with accuracy throwing the football and turns the ball over too often. He's athletically gifted, and has lived off of his talent as a dual-threat QB. That's why I think he's a backup at best. I don't forsee him becoming a starter in this league again.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11056
Likes : 747
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 am

I'll file this one under, "You're a dumb arse Kaep!"

Reportedly turns down a contract for vet minimum of $900,000 because he thinks he's a starter:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-source-kaepernick-turned-down-at-least-1-contract-to-play-up-the-race-card/ar-AApGYYA?li=BBgET5V&ocid=spartandhp

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest   

Back to top Go down
 
49ers QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for our national anthem in protest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: