HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10597
Likes : 712
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:55 am

I figured since there's going to be multiple announcements forth coming, we could use one thread instead of creating multiple ones.

So when posting releases/practice squad signings, let's try and keep them here.

Here's the latest reduction to 79 per www.nfl.com
Quote :

Cuts to 79: LB Jordan Zumwalt, LB Mike Reilly, WR Issac Blakeney, WR Levi Norwood, TE Michael Cooper, DE Giorgio Newberry, DT Khaynin Mosley-Smith, CB Julian Whigham

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 603
Likes : 510
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Ladarius Green has been put on the PUP. So we won't see him until after Week 6. Totally not worth the money that we spent on him. I had such high hopes for that guy and this offense. Maybe he will be healthy by then and give us a boost.

The Steelers have released safety Jacob Hagen, defensive tackle Devaunte Sigler and cornerback Kevin White.

Source

_________________
Back to top Go down
dave n'at
Banned
avatar

Posts : 19
Likes : 13
Join date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:20 am

@Lokki wrote:
Ladarius Green has been put on the PUP.  So we won't see him until after Week 6.  Totally not worth the money that we spent on him.  I had such high hopes for that guy and this offense.  Maybe he will be healthy by then and give us a boost.  

The Steelers have released safety Jacob Hagen, defensive tackle Devaunte Sigler and cornerback Kevin White.

Source  

Yeah, how the hell did he injure his ankle before ever even practicing? Did we not bother to give him a physical before we signed him?

At least Jesse James has looked serviceable if not pretty good imo. Having Ben in the game seems to make all the difference with JJ and all of our other receivers.

_________________
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2111
Likes : 1068
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:26 am

@dave n'at wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
Ladarius Green has been put on the PUP.  So we won't see him until after Week 6.  Totally not worth the money that we spent on him.  I had such high hopes for that guy and this offense.  Maybe he will be healthy by then and give us a boost.  

The Steelers have released safety Jacob Hagen, defensive tackle Devaunte Sigler and cornerback Kevin White.

Source  

Yeah, how the hell did he injure his ankle before ever even practicing? Did we not bother to give him a physical before we signed him?

At least Jesse James has looked serviceable if not pretty good imo. Having Ben in the game seems to make all the difference with JJ and all of our other receivers.

Pretty sure Green's injury stemmed from late last season when he was still with San Diego.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:04 pm


Back to top Go down
dave n'at
Banned
avatar

Posts : 19
Likes : 13
Join date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:40 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:


Hell yeah! Was hoping for this all offseason. Hopefully I'm not leading to future embarassment by proclaiming this hahaha

_________________
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2249
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:46 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:


what about Ricardo Mathews?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1783
Likes : 807
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Hey, when do they announce practice squad? Saw that Feeney, Ayers and Lyons were all candidates to be on it.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

avatar

Posts : 588
Likes : 143
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:52 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Hey, when do they announce practice squad?  Saw that Feeney, Ayers and Lyons were all candidates to be on it.

The waiver claim ended at noon. Teams can sign unclaimed players to the PS at 1 P.M.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

avatar

Posts : 588
Likes : 143
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:36 pm

PS players include

RB Brandon Brown-Dukes
RB, Cameron Stingily
WR Demarcus Ayers
WR, Cobi Hamilton
TE, Rashaun Allen
OT, Matt Feiler
DE, Caushaud Lyons
DT, Johnny Maxey
CB, Al-Hajj Shabazz
LB, Travis Feeney
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1762
Likes : 1116
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:02 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:


third time's a charm? lol
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2249
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:39 pm

One, Maybe Two More Roster Moves Likely Coming Sunday For Steelers

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/one-maybe-two-roster-moves-likely-coming-sunday-steelers/
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem



Posts : 145
Likes : 27
Join date : 2012-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:02 am

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
One, Maybe Two More Roster Moves Likely Coming Sunday For Steelers

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/one-maybe-two-roster-moves-likely-coming-sunday-steelers/

I'd like to see them kick the tires on Desir or Carter
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1783
Likes : 807
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:23 pm

@BKAnthem wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
One, Maybe Two More Roster Moves Likely Coming Sunday For Steelers

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/one-maybe-two-roster-moves-likely-coming-sunday-steelers/

I'd like to see them kick the tires on Desir or Carter

I'd pass on Desir. He was stiff in coverage and didn't look good in change of direction. IMO, he was mostly a product of the annual pre draft hype/hope to find the next Richard Sherman. Pierre Desir, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Eric Rowe, etc all get hyped by bloggers because of length and a decent number or 2 at their combines, but most are better trying their luck at safety, because they don't have the quicks to stay with NFL WR's at CB.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem



Posts : 145
Likes : 27
Join date : 2012-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:35 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@BKAnthem wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
One, Maybe Two More Roster Moves Likely Coming Sunday For Steelers

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/one-maybe-two-roster-moves-likely-coming-sunday-steelers/

I'd like to see them kick the tires on Desir or Carter

I'd pass on Desir.  He was stiff in coverage and didn't look good in change of direction.  IMO, he was mostly a product of the annual pre draft hype/hope to find the next Richard Sherman.  Pierre Desir, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Eric Rowe, etc all get hyped by bloggers because of length and a decent number or 2 at their combines, but most are better trying their luck at safety, because they don't have the quicks to stay with NFL WR's at CB.

You may be right...but they have got to do something about this Sieve of a secondary...
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

avatar

Posts : 588
Likes : 143
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Desir was claimed by the Chargers.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1495
Likes : 467
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:31 pm

@BlackAndGold wrote:
Desir was claimed by the Chargers.

Which means he WILL eventually find his way to Pittsburgh. Bank on it.

Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

avatar

Posts : 588
Likes : 143
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:16 pm

@JFowlerESPN
I'm told Steelers plan to add former Titans RB David Cobb to their practice squad after working him out today. Fifth-round pick in 2015.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/773337732504489984
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2249
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 pm

@BlackAndGold wrote:
@JFowlerESPN
I'm told Steelers plan to add former Titans RB David Cobb to their practice squad after working him out today. Fifth-round pick in 2015.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/773337732504489984

Pittsburgh Steelers ✔@steelers

We have signed RB David Cobb to our practice squad. RB Cameron Stingily has been released from our practice squad.

4:22 AM - 7 Sep 2016

https://twitter.com/steelers?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2249
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:28 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers

We have signed Jacob Hagen to our practice squad, and released Brandon Brown-Dukes from our practice squad.

https://twitter.com/steelers?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings   

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers 2016 player releases and practice squad signings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: