HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vis

PostSubject: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:22 am

Denver +3.5

71% of CBS Sports players are taking Carolina. Am I crazy for thinking Denver's D will keep Cam as confused as they did in the SB?

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:51 am

I think the Panthers take this one and it won't be because of the Denver Defense not performing, it'll be because of their offense not putting enough points on the board.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:48 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I think the Panthers take this one and it won't be because of the Denver Defense not performing, it'll be because of their offense not putting enough points on the board.

Agreed. Super Bowl hangover is going to affect both teams though.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:07 am

Broncos win and I momentarily lead the office pool

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:50 am

I am not a Cam fan but the number of shots to the head he was taking with no calls reminded me of the times Ben has been subjected to late hits with no flag - just because you are a big QB does not repeal the rules

IMO Cam should have been subjected to the concussion protocol after one of the 4th quarter head hunting missions by the Broncos but the game must go on.  All hail to Roger's clear commitment to player safety
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:56 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I am not a Cam fan but the number of shots to the head he was taking with no calls reminded me of the times Ben has been subjected to late hits with no flag - just because you are a big QB does not repeal the rules

IMO Cam should have been subjected to the concussion protocol after one of the 4th quarter head hunting missions by the Broncos but the game must go on.  All hail to Roger's clear commitment to player safety

I discussed that this morning with some co-workers. It amazed me with all the rhetoric Der Kommish spews out about player safety the officials don't pay closer attention to the hits QBs take to the head.

There was one shot last night where he took a clothesline shot to the helmet and no call. But I recall last year it got called. The officials either don't know the rules or don't care during certain games or against certain players.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:43 am

I'm seeing all this knee jerk reaction to Cam getting twacked and just thinking "Welcome to the BR7 zone". As Steelers fans, we've watched Ben get held to a different set of brutality standards because he is a big guy. Let's see what happens over the course of the season with this.

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:38 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
I'm seeing all this knee jerk reaction to Cam getting twacked and just thinking "Welcome to the BR7 zone".  As Steelers fans, we've watched Ben get held to a different set of brutality standards because he is a big guy.  Let's see what happens over the course of the season with this.

There are a lot of stories claiming Cam is not getting flags thrown when he gets hit because he is black or because he is so demonstrtaive, but this Washington Post writer sums it up

Newton is big, sturdy and tough. He and Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger are the two NFL quarterbacks who can be properly described as playing the game in linebacker-like fashion. But that doesn’t mean that anyone should be subjected to what Newton endured Thursday night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/09/09/the-referees-and-the-nfl-concussion-policy-failed-cam-newton/

Maybe this will get some more flags for when Ben is hit - or maybe the refs will continue to let Ben get clobbered so they are not accused of being racist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?   

Back to top Go down

Panthers at Broncos - What's the pick?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: