HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:26 pm

I know you don't want to hear it....but Ben has to be sharper if our defense is going bleed yardage like that all year......he got lucky numerous times early,that could have changed how the game went.....we were living on the edge.

OL Gets the game ball for its job in giving D room to run.

Hope Ryan is ok and that was just precaution for next weeks big division game at home.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Steelers say that Ryan's knee is fine per Bouchette.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 am

Didnt get to see the game tonight cause I work 2nd shift, but a very nice win to start the season, hopefully the beginning of good things to come
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:32 am

Did AB get the flag on the celebration because it was 3 hip thrusts and the limit is 2?? The ole McCringleberry rule comes back to bite him.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:56 am

@BlackAndGold wrote:
Steelers say that Ryan's knee is fine per Bouchette.

Great news. I liked his run after the pick despite it was called back.

Gotta love Williams, great seeing an 'old guy' playing to that level James and Rogers looked great, Coates made some plays too. Ben is an awesome QB. A good first game on the road for the D against a good passing team
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:19 am

This game should make you appreciate more about the Steelers coaches. The Redskins coaching was just terrible. How the hell would you put Breeland against Brown with no safey help. And it looks like they had no idea what to do when the Steelers didn't blitz.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:56 am

@kan_t wrote:
This game should make you appreciate more about the Steelers coaches. The Redskins coaching was just terrible. How the hell would you put Breeland against Brown with no safey help. And it looks like they had no idea what to do when the Steelers didn't blitz.

Yeah I concur, Breeland was getting straight victimized out there. He had zero help, and Brown was beating him like a drum. Not sure what the hell Jay Gruden and Co. were thinking by doing that. They should've had Norman shadowing Brown all game long.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:20 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@kan_t wrote:

Yeah I concur, Breeland was getting straight victimized out there. He had zero help, and Brown was beating him like a drum. Not sure what the hell Jay Gruden and Co. were thinking by doing that. They should've had Norman shadowing Brown all game long.

Nothing wrong with Washington's scheme. The Seahawks have been doing it for years. When was the last time you saw Richard Sherman on the right side of their defense? He is always on the left and he shuts that receiver down ... the safeties can cheat to the other side. Unfortunately for the Redskins, AB ran good routes just out of the safety's range. Maybe they should have had that safety cheat over further, I don't know. Since they couldn't stop the run, they couldn't play cover two which would have helped.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:20 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@kan_t wrote:

Nothing wrong with Washington's scheme. The Seahawks have been doing it for years. When was the last time you saw Richard Sherman on the right side of their defense? He is always on the left and he shuts that receiver down ... the safeties can cheat to the other side. Unfortunately for the Redskins, AB ran good routes just out of the safety's range. Maybe they should have had that safety cheat over further, I don't know. Since they couldn't stop the run, they couldn't play cover two which would have helped.

Agreed, nothing wrong with the scheme. Ben was on and AB is showing why he is the best in the game. There isn't a CB in the league that could have stopped that TD throw over the shoulder.

Even the pass to Coates for a 42 yard gain was perfectly thrown under pressure of a bad snap. Even though Greg Toler was there and he sucks, that pass was on the mark as well.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:15 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@kan_t wrote:

Agreed, nothing wrong with the scheme.  Ben was on and AB is showing why he is the best in the game.  There isn't a CB in the league that could have stopped that TD throw over the shoulder.

Even the pass to Coates for a 42 yard gain was perfectly thrown under pressure of a bad snap.  Even though Greg Toler was there and he sucks, that pass was on the mark as well.

And don't forget that many believed that Breeland should have been a pro bowler last year, so no need to adjust the scheme if you have 2 high caliber cb's.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:43 am

Not saying that they should just change the scheme. But at least put some in game adjustment, like put your safety there. I know they couldn't stop the run. But if you couldn't stop the run AND AB with the current scheme, at least try to adjust a little bit and try to stop one of them first. Breeland is a promising CB. It doesn't mean that you need 4 quarters to see that he couldn't handle AB on his own.

As a Steelers fan I would not complain about it. Just feel bad for Breeland. It's like putting Artie Burns one-on-one against Julio Jones there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: