HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:54 am

Ah, finally something other than politics to discuss.

Game Balls:
O-line
Ben
Williams
E. Rogers (maybe when Peyton pencils in Eli, he really means the Steelers Eli Rogers?)
AB
Defense front 7

Goats:
Secondary playing soft enough to allow the skins to drive down for a TD in the 4th quarter
AB for his twerking (some days I wish he would just hand the ball to the ref and walk off the field)

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:59 am

@stlrtruck wrote:

Game Balls:
O-line
Ben
Williams
E. Rogers (maybe when Peyton pencils in Eli, he really means the Steelers Eli Rogers?)
AB
Defense front 7

Goats:
Secondary playing soft enough to allow the skins to drive down for a TD in the 4th quarter
AB for his twerking (some days I wish he would just hand the ball to the ref and walk off the field)

Agreed Add David Johnson to the game ballls for his blocking.

J.James needs to improve as a blocker and man is he slow,like a freakin' sloth.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:39 am

I don't think the soft zone last night was a goat. This was clearly the game plan.

Cousins and the Washington Offense didn't seem able to adjust to it until the end of the game. The 47 yard penalty to Cockrell was the main reason for the TD.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:55 am

@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

Game Balls:
O-line
Ben
Williams
AB
Defense front 7

Goats:

Sloth... James definitely did look a bit more sluggish than the rest of the players on the field.

As for AB twerking, he needs to learn from Hingle McCringleberry and Lance Moore that had cant do more than 2 pumps. Here's the video to prove it.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:47 am

Gameball:

Steelers - Everyone looked good in this one

Goats:

Redskins - Either they are really bad, or just had a bad night. But that was a pitiful performance. Honestly, I don't really know how good the Steelers are because they beat a very bad team last night. Hell, the Skins' defense was fighting amongst themselves after the Steelers first drive, and they had just forced a 3-and-out. WTH???
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:52 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

Game Balls:
O-line
Ben
Williams
AB
Defense front 7

Goats:

Sloth...  James definitely did look a bit more sluggish than the rest of the players on the field.

J. James isn't really that slow. I'm thinking he was nervous. He played much faster near the end of last year. But last night his feet looked like they were in cement shoes.
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Balls:
D. Williams
AB of course
Ben of course
O line!

Gloats:
Tomlin (because he can't stop the stupid penalties and drug abuse)
Jessie James (he's slow, small, can't block, and has no YAC) (great name though)
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Big Ben, I honestly think this is the season he's going to prove to the world without a shadow of a doubt he deserves to be in consideration for a first ballot hall of famer.

He went into a sold out crowd in hostile territory and led the offense without much trouble outside of the first 2 drives. This offense is the real deal as long as he's behind center.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:27 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Big Ben, I honestly think this is the season he's going to prove to the world without a shadow of a doubt he deserves to be in consideration for a first ballot hall of famer.

He went into a sold out crowd in hostile territory and led the offense without much trouble outside of the first 2 drives. This offense is the real deal as long as he's behind center.

Washington Post's lead NFL writer agrees about Ben being the straw that stirs the drink for the offense

Brown is valuable. But no one is more indispensable to the Steelers than Roethlisberger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/09/13/the-steelers-offense-is-just-as-potent-as-ever-even-without-leveon-bell-and-martavis-bryant/#comments

With regard to other factors, Tomlin had this to say about Shazier at his Tuesday press conference
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:05 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:

If people didn't know this before this year they have not been paying attention. He's been a lock for some time now.

My game ball goes to Mike Munchak. Whatever he is getting paid is well worth it.Unbelievable what this line has transformed into.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:16 pm

The amusing part of this is that most fans ignored the Sammie Coates drops, because one of them went to Eli Rogers for a TD.

Coates isn't a natural catcher of the football. Lets hope he continues to improve his hands and isn't DHB the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:34 pm

If Shazier doesnt turn into Kendrell Bell from an injury standpoint, He will be a multpile DOPY player. He is nasty good. And Jarvis Jones will be a Steeler for this season and he will go the way of Ziggy Hood after 2016-17 has concluded.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:29 pm

David Todd @DavidMTodd

After week 1, DeAngelo Williams leads the NFL in rushing. By 37 yards. #Steelers

2:48 AM - 13 Sep 2016

https://twitter.com/DavidMTodd?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:55 pm

@OX1947 wrote:
Jarvis Jones will be a Steeler for this season and he will go the way of Ziggy Hood after 2016-17 has concluded.

When I saw Ziggy was on the field last night that confirmed the Skins DL was awful

This Ziggy moment yesterday

Redskins defensive tackle Ziggy Hood spent the first five years of his NFL career with the Steelers, so you’ll have to excuse him for signaling that it was Steelers ball after Kerrigan’s momentary recovery. He was correct, but still.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/09/12/best-and-worst-moments-from-redskins-season-opening-loss-to-the-steelers/
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:00 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@OX1947 wrote:
Jarvis Jones will be a Steeler for this season and he will go the way of Ziggy Hood after 2016-17 has concluded.

When I saw Ziggy was on the field last night that confirmed the Skins DL was awful

Redskins defensive tackle Ziggy Hood spent the first five years of his NFL career with the Steelers, so you’ll have to excuse him for signaling that it was Steelers ball after Kerrigan’s momentary recovery. He was correct, but still.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/09/12/best-and-worst-moments-from-redskins-season-opening-loss-to-the-steelers/

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:21 pm

How about the play when the snap was low, he stoops to pick up the ball with some difficulty, and in one motion comes up throwing a rainbow that drops into AB's hands perfectly.

He's playing at another level now.

What did he need, 2 drives in preseason to play like this.

Ben LOL
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:26 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@OX1947 wrote:

Ha, you know Ziggy would probably rather be a Steeler again all things being equal. But yeah their d-line was awful. I expect Dallas to run the ball a lot against them on Sunday even more than I did before.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:31 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:
How about the play when the snap was low, he stoops to pick up the ball with some difficulty, and in one motion comes up throwing a rainbow that drops into AB's hands perfectly.

Ben LOL

I thought that was the 42 yard completion to Coates, which makes it even more amazing.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@FrancoLambert wrote:

Ben LOL

I thought that was the 42 yard completion to Coates, which makes it even more amazing.

You are correct sir. I got Ben's beautiful rainbows confused.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:40 am

Game ball goes to the O-line. They were the key to the Offensive production.

Goat: Ross Cockrell. He got burned a couple times and had the big pass interference penalty. He's got to clean it up. Dalton is going to be looking in his direction this Sunday. And Dalton is a little better than Cousins.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:16 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The amusing part of this is that most fans ignored the Sammie Coates drops, because one of them went to Eli Rogers for a TD.

Coates isn't a natural catcher of the football.  Lets hope he continues to improve his hands and isn't DHB the 2nd.

I worry about him too. I'm hoping Eli develops into a solid slot and maybe DHB (I know he drops some too but is he a better option than Coates?)
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:02 am

Gameball: A lot of candidates, but I go for Williams because he makes me forget that we miss Bell.

Goat: Cockrell, got burned several times, missed an interception and got a penalty.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:56 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Coates isn't a natural catcher of the football.  Lets hope he continues to improve his hands and isn't DHB the 2nd.

Coates is no DHB. I'm not sure I've ever seen DHB make an amazing catch. Anything remotely difficult usually ends up on the ground. Coates can make amazing receptions, that's his thing. Routine catches ... no.

I think his issue, during games, is a lack of staying with the ball all the way through the catch. He's able to catch well in practice, but drops those "easy" passes in games. Tells me that in games his brain is going a thousand miles per hour and not focusing on the easy catch.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:00 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@OX1947 wrote:

Ha, you know Ziggy would probably rather be a Steeler again all things being equal. But yeah their d-line was awful. I expect Dallas to run the ball a lot against them on Sunday even more than I did before.

Ha, I saw that in the game and got a good laugh. Ziggy is far better suited to the Redskins defense than he was to the Steelers 5 years ago. Hell, he'd do better in the Steelers system today than 5 years ago. He's a much better 1 gap DE than a 2 gap, absorb double teams type lineman. He's probably a little pissed seeing Tuitt and Heyward last year blowing through gaps and getting sacks.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Game ball goes to....ME!  For screaming my ass off surrounded by uninformed Redskins fans (my friends included) who though Kirk Cousins would throw for 6 TD's and 400 yards!

HAHAHAHAAAA:

PostSubject: Re: WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats   

Back to top Go down

WK 1 (redskins): Game balls and goats
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: