HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Stu Pidasso1
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals   Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Like said above, sloppy, ugly win. BUT it's a win. If we continue to play like this, the Chiefs and Patriots** are going to light us up. Bad.

PostSubject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals   Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:25 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@WVABE wrote:
What was the bad call? Listened to it on the radio and game cut off a 2 minute warning.

it was close, but i think the refs made the call stand because it was inconclusive. none of the camera angles showed a clear shot where the ball came out

either that, or the initial contact came before the knee hit the ground, but the move that caused the fumble hit after the knee was down. but then again, no good clear angle to show it so there wasn't inconclusive evidence

I thought it was going to be overturned but when they couldn't get a clear view of the ball and the knee going down at the same time all bets were off; no conclusive proof, hence the call on the field couldn't be overturned. It was the right call.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals   Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:32 pm

The offense will be fine. Ben was off because of the wet/slick field conditions. If we get conditions like that again he may be wearing some special glove. Plus we're getting Bell and Wheaton back, not worried about the O at all. If anything I'm more worried about our pass D. Hoping Gilbert can get in there and help. Looks like burns and Davis are going to be going through growing pains for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals   Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:11 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@OX1947 wrote:
@Geordie wrote:
At times our defence looked very, very good, superbowl good, then we'd have a spell of 5 or 6 plays where we gave up yards and first downs like we were a charity.

I do not get it. Everyone and their mother knows prevent shit does not work. Why not just play the way you have been playing. Steelers need a pass rusher too. They have no one right now.

Yeah, that Tampa 2 bend but don't break defense never worked for anybody.  Except the Steelers today and maybe Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl.

Worked for us pretty well last year. I think the coaching strategy is the defense doesn't have to be 2008 good if our offense can score on anybody
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals   Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:17 pm

I like ugly wins.

any team can win when thing goes as planned. but when does things go as planed? just stay from the stupid ugly. the stupid ugly is what kills you.

PostSubject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals   Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:24 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@OX1947 wrote:
@Geordie wrote:
At times our defence looked very, very good, superbowl good, then we'd have a spell of 5 or 6 plays where we gave up yards and first downs like we were a charity.

I do not get it. Everyone and their mother knows prevent shit does not work. Why not just play the way you have been playing. Steelers need a pass rusher too. They have no one right now.

Yeah, that Tampa 2 bend but don't break defense never worked for anybody.  Except the Steelers today and maybe Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl.

Worked for us pretty well last year. I think the coaching strategy is the defense doesn't have to be 2008 good if our offense can score on anybody

with you, mistakes will be made just want the offense just score more then the defense gives up.

this defense isn't close to 2008 but I like they way hang and keeps working hard it shows I've seen this rebuild before.

PostSubject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals   

Back to top Go down

GAMEDAY THREAD Steelers/Bengals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: