HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:07 am

@Steelcitian wrote:
Steelers' loss to Eagles it's worst defeat since 1989 season-I believe it

The last time the Steelers lost by 31 was against the cowboys in 1997.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:10 am

Goats: CBS for the Browns game running over into the first quarter and then switching the game before the 4th quarter.

Game balls: CBS for switching the game before the 4th quarter.

I had a bad feeling about the game when the beer wasn't tasting good and I didn't feel quite right. Maybe that was the loss we needed to get a fire lit back under the bum.

But to add injury to insult, did half the team really have to get banged up?

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
But to add injury to insult, did half the team really have to get banged up?

That's the beauty of football ... losing that bad is usually accompanied by physical pain. Oh, you don't like feeling banged up? Learn to win.

I give the gameball to Berry. He did his job. It's nice seeing a punter that adds value to the Steelers.

Goat: I could go with the entire team, which would be true. But I'll be specific and call out Wheaton. 3 drops that ended drives (one was a TD). This game could have been different had those key drops kept the drives alive and the first one, had the Steelers been up 7 nothing might have carried momentum.

Another thing to consider is the defense allowing 3rd down conversions. In the past, you'd see wide open receiver catching deep throws. There were a few of those, but what killed this defense is allowing 3rd and long conversions when solid tackling would have brought the ball carrier down prior to the first down marker. Too many Eagles drives were kept alive when there was opportunity to make the tackle and get off the field.

Catch the ball and make the tackle ... not saying this would have made a win for them, but could have made this a game.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:20 am

Welcome back to reality team and fans. I know that whenever the media gets on the Steelers nuts, it's like the whole team sits around a TV with Tomlin and blows each other saying how great they are. You AREN'T great when year in and year out, you throw up absolute shit-shows to teams that we should have been better prepared for. Add four more years to the 1965 winless streak in Philly.

By a rookie QB...embarrassing.

Top to bottom goats all around.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:44 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Steelcitian wrote:

You're right, but the worst was a 42-10 loss to Bengals after losing the season opener to the Browns 51-0 in 1989

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-loss-to-Eagles-its-worst-defeat-since-1989-season-47779018

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:50 am

@Steelcitian wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Steelcitian wrote:

You're right, but the worst was a 42-10 loss to Bengals after losing the season opener to the Browns 51-0 in 1989

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-loss-to-Eagles-its-worst-defeat-since-1989-season-47779018

Yeah, that flushed out the remaining bandwagoners that tried to tough out the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:51 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Steelcitian wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Steelcitian wrote:

Yeah, that flushed out the remaining bandwagoners that tried to tough out the 80's.
I actually became a fan in the 80's lol
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:53 am

@Steelcitian wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Steelcitian wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Steelcitian wrote:

I actually became a fan in the 80's lol

Well, the cool thing about the Steelers of the 80's was that those games sited above were not common. Those Steelers didn't win a ton of games, but they physically pounded their opponents and usually kept it close.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:00 am

Well, on a positive note: it was just one game. 2-1 isn't too shabby (especially since we picked up a win against the Bengals). Whether you lose like the Browns or like the Steelers, it's all a loss just the same.

Time to take it to KC on Sunday night. If a Sunday night game doesn't get this team hyped then we are in big trouble.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:32 am

Its been said already and I have to agree:

-CBS gets a gameball for switching away from the end of the game.
-3rd straight game with absolutely no pressure on the opposing QB.
-O line could not give Ben a clean pocket.
-Ben could not find a way to complete a pass to a wide open 6'7" TE
-I cant even name the Philly CB's other than Nolan Carroll, but they shut down the Steelers WR's
-Keith Butler, Todd Haley and Mike Munchak got outcoached badly by their opposite coaches.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:49 am

Basically this lol
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:52 pm

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 pm

"We got our asses kicked. It SUCKED. It STUNK"

Jim Mora is awesome, I don't care who you are.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers.
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:00 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:

Basically this lol

Jim Mora said it better than I ever could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls   

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ eagles Goats and, umm...well if you have game balls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: