HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:43 pm

@MrFootball wrote:

When that same fan labels others they don't know as a troll?  Either practice what your preach or STFU.  

I do not know you - I only know what I see you post on this board

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Based on other responses to your posts, it appears I am not alone in my assessment

But if that gives you pleasure go for it until you go too far and have to pick another name under which to post - I find your posts amusing, although probably not for the reason you would prefer
Back to top Go down
MrFootball
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Quote :
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

And that's not me at all.  Never is.  I use facts.  You may not like them, or agree with them, but they are still facts.  I have hijacked off-topic, that's the one flaw I have.

Fuck what other people say, form your own opinion.  

Wallace, Hawaian, based on that above?  They are the two biggest trolls here.

I said this below: DURING the game on Twitter Sunday:  

What's sad is you know they run practice the same way they run games.  A complete shuffling clown show until garbage time.  

Then the NEXT day, LeVeon Bell says this to the media in the locker room from the PG:  

Le'Veon Bell on the penalties and overall sloppy play: “I think we have to practice better. Even at practice we have mistakes like that."

It's not brain surgery.  All one has to do is pay attention to what they see on the field.

Last edited by MrFootball on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:20 pm

@MrFootball wrote:
Quote :

Back to top Go down
MrFootball
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:26 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@MrFootball wrote:
Quote :

Read their posts towards me. They are classic trolls based on the stuff YOU posted.
Back to top Go down
MrFootball
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:38 am

@MrFootball wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@MrFootball wrote:
Quote :

Read their posts towards me.  They are classic trolls based on the stuff YOU posted.

It's OK Dan, I'll accept your apology.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:52 pm

I was wondering what crash was talking about in another thread. So me and Hawaii are the two biggest trolls here?

We all know that @stlrtruck is the biggest troll here. His ability to derail a thread is like a superpower.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:23 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
I was wondering what crash was talking about in another thread. So me and Hawaii are the two biggest trolls here?

Yep - Crash and I were having our own private back and forth before I started paying serious attention to the election returns last night

He of course concluded that when I quit posting in this and his "LeVeon Bell must be smart since he agrees with me" thread after I switched over to the election that it was because I was continuing to read his posts but was so dazzled by them that I could no longer respond

He has some major misconceptions regarding how seriously others take him
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Dan i can't believe you'd stop to pay attention to the meaningless election when crash is trying to make the steelers great again.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:21 pm

@MrFootball wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
@MrFootball wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
@MrFootball wrote:
As bad as this team has played at times during the Kordell Era?  I've never turned a game off.  EVER!

So don't judge me as a fan.  

Judge yourself.    

Some people don't find self torture to be fun. In the grand scheme of things, football is entertainment, nothing more. Nothing wrong with turning it off once it stops being entertaining

Watch every second during a win, but like a rat leaving a sinking ship when they are losing?  

Odd.

That's comparing hitting your dick with a hammer and having sex with a supermodel. One is highly entertaining while the other is not.

Lol, always cracks me up when people think being a loyal fan means being forced to watch every minute as if they're members of the team..

When that same fan labels others they don't know as a troll?  Either practice what your preach or STFU.  

I never called you a troll, but thanks for already labeling yourself as one so you can save me the effort of calling you that
Back to top Go down
ChubbsPeterson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:54 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Dan i can't believe you'd stop to pay attention to the meaningless election when crash is trying to make the steelers great again.

Yep.  Because on the rare occasions Toddy dooes it MY way?  It works.  

Three games off the top:  

Lions 2013 first half.  

Browns 2014 home opener first 25 minutes.  

49ers 2015 1st half drives two through five.  

No subbing, three wides.  

Dominant.  

The 2013 Lions game was their highest offensive output of the season (That was also the first game of Toddy's demotion and Ben called most of the game from the field).  

So was the 2015 49ers game that year.  

No one stopped the Steelers in their 2014 home opener until AFTER Toddy tried to milk the clock in the second half rather than just let Ben continue doing what he did the first 25 minutes.  

It's not rocket science.  It's football.  

Make the Steelers offense about the TALENT, not Toddy's genius.  

When your 3rd string tight end has 84 snaps the last two weeks when the #1 and #2 TE's are healthy?  It's not a shock when they can't score points.

I told you before the season you can pretty much guess how the offense performs simply by the number of snaps the backup TE's get along with the starter.  

James had 31, Grimble 42, Johnson 18.  

That's entirely too much shuffling, and entirely too many plays with no speed on the field.

If this continues against Dallas, with GREEN possibly playing as well?  They'll be lucky to score 10 meaningful points.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:49 am

@Wallace108 wrote:

We all know that @stlrtruck is the biggest troll here. His ability to derail a thread is like a superpower.

Hey I've been better in 2016.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings   

Back to top Go down

Roger Goodell: NFL trying to understand drop in ratings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: