HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TollingtheBell26

avatar

Posts : 253
Likes : 56
Join date : 2015-09-11

PostSubject: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:19 am

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:59 am

Bell will need to carry this team until Ben returns - to do that Haley needs to get over his infatuation with pass plays on third and short when playing catch up in the second half

It happened in the second half in the Miami game and happened in what should have been 4 down territory prior to Tomlin's brain cramp call of a 54 yard FG attempt

The Ravens are reeling but the Baltimore game after the bye could be setting up as the pivot point for the season in terms of any hope for the second first round bye (the Pats* will be playing at home throughout the AFC playoffs) and holding off the Bengals to win the division
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:50 am

Words are words, and while they may carry some emotional connection throughout the bye week and even in to the game against the ratbirds, they mean nothing unless actions replace those words.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:06 pm

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/LeVeon-Bell-says-Steelers-nowhere-where-we-need-to-be-48472252

Maybe this will be a wake up call

I'm not sure they need a wake up call, they need to get freakin' healthy.

I mean Ben's out, gilbert's out, heyward's out, coates should have been out, but there's no real depth behind him and brown. and brown was hobbled as well.

This game was one we really didn't have a chance of winning unless the team was healthy. We were just missing too many key members.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 489
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:31 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/LeVeon-Bell-says-Steelers-nowhere-where-we-need-to-be-48472252

Maybe this will be a wake up call

I'm not sure they need a wake up call, they need to get freakin' healthy.

I mean Ben's out, gilbert's out, heyward's out, coates should have been out, but there's no real depth behind him and brown. and brown was hobbled as well.

This game was one we really didn't have a chance of winning unless the team was healthy. We were just missing too many key members.

We had more than a chance. IMO we lost this game making stupids mistakes. I agree injuries are hurting us in a big way but this game was definitely winnable.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2488
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:20 am

We're going to have to run the ball to have success. We can't expect Jones to be Ben, he's not Ben, he doesn't have the raw talent, nor the arm talent/strength to consistently stretch the field. We need the running game to help Jones out and it was average at best against the Patriots*. It starts with the O-Line, the big boys need to step up to the plate, and live up to all the hype about how good they supposedly are. They need to maul people, and open up holes in the running game.

I remember Bell breaking off some big yardage runs last season before his injury, where has that gone? This O-Line is supposed to be one of, and if not the best O-Line in the league... I'm seeing Bell having to run through the wash quite a bit, and juke and jive to make plays. They're not opening up the biggest of holes for him to get through, and a lot of times he's having to make something out of nothing. I know the O-Line has injuries, but we have decent depth and these guys need to live up to their billing.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 588
Likes : 332
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:47 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
Words are words, and while they may carry some emotional connection throughout the bye week and even in to the game against the ratbirds, they mean nothing unless actions replace those words.
but what about tomlins vowel to "unleash hell" the other year ? are you saying that was just tough talk ?

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Maybe the team should put Le'Veon bell on notice to stop smoking out and maybe he'll pass a drug test
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:40 am

@Fire Arians wrote:
Maybe the team should put Le'Veon bell on notice to stop smoking out and maybe he'll pass a drug test

You need someone who has the respect of (and/or is feared by) the rest of team to do that - like this

Late in the 1975 season [Joe] Greene confronted Steeler quarterback Joe Gilliam about his drug use. Gilliam told him to mind his own business at which point Greene, looming over him, grabbed Gilliam by the scruff of his collar, and said, "This isn't just you. It's the team."

At another moment, defensive coach George Perles counted only 10 of his Steeler defenders on the field. He spotted [Ernie] Holmes standing next to him on the sideline.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Perles asked.

"Joe threw me out of the game," Holmes answered, referring to Greene.

"What do you mean?" Perles said.

"I wasn't playing the defense," Holmes said, "and Joe said if I wouldn't do it, to get the hell out."

Perles: "Get the hell back in there!"

Holmes: "Naw, I'm not going back. Not until Joe tells me it's okay."


http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/7/31/5957367/steelers-joe-greene-jersey-retired-their-lifes-work-book

Due to his personality and having gone through his own messes it is not going to be Ben - it might be Cam Heyward but at this point I do not see who can be the team's sheriff like Greene was for the 70s Steelers
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2488
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:26 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
Maybe the team should put Le'Veon bell on notice to stop smoking out and maybe he'll pass a drug test

You need someone who has the respect of (and/or is feared by) the rest of team to do that - like this

Late in the 1975 season [Joe] Greene confronted Steeler quarterback Joe Gilliam about his drug use. Gilliam told him to mind his own business at which point Greene, looming over him, grabbed Gilliam by the scruff of his collar, and said, "This isn't just you. It's the team."

At another moment, defensive coach George Perles counted only 10 of his Steeler defenders on the field. He spotted [Ernie] Holmes standing next to him on the sideline.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Perles asked.

"Joe threw me out of the game," Holmes answered, referring to Greene.

"What do you mean?" Perles said.

"I wasn't playing the defense," Holmes said, "and Joe said if I wouldn't do it, to get the hell out."

Perles: "Get the hell back in there!"

Holmes: "Naw, I'm not going back. Not until Joe tells me it's okay."


http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/7/31/5957367/steelers-joe-greene-jersey-retired-their-lifes-work-book

Due to his personality and having gone through his own messes it is not going to be Ben - it might be Cam Heyward but at this point I do not see who can be the team's sheriff like Greene was for the 70s Steelers

And that is why Greene has his jersey retired. All time great player, all time great leader. We need that on this team. We have some great players, and some leaders, but nobody that's a Sheriff like Greene was.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert



Posts : 761
Likes : 419
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:06 am

Today's players, as buddy-buddy as they are, seem to accommodate and excuse the mistakes made by a teammate.  

I understand the need to support your teammates but we've gotten to the point where accountability to your teammates and the team are secondary concerns.

As mentioned above, Greene's teammates were probably more afraid of facing Joe or Lambert than Noll.

With Noll they got "the look."  Joe and Jack.....well....who the hell wanted to get on their bad sides.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:31 am

@FrancoLambert wrote:
Today's players, as buddy-buddy as they are, seem to accommodate and excuse the mistakes made by a teammate.  

I understand the need to support your teammates but we've gotten to the point where accountability to your teammates and the team are secondary concerns.

As mentioned above, Greene's teammates were probably more afraid of facing Joe or Lambert than Noll.

With Noll they got "the look."  Joe and Jack.....well....who the hell wanted to get on their bad sides.

I'm sure most people figured out from their on the field actions, behind closed doors probably wasn't a good investment of one's time.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

avatar

Posts : 1214
Likes : 148
Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:33 am

I think the team "notices" a 4-3 record...

_________________
Win, Lose, or Tie, I'm a Steeler fan until I DIE!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss   

Back to top Go down
 
Le'Veon puts teammates on notice after loss
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: