HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:17 am

Well this was brought up last week so I'll bring it up again...

Who is actually gonna watch this week?

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:20 am

I'll be watching. Not sure what yet, but will be watching. Then I'm gonna come in here and complain that Landry Jones, Mike Tomlin and Keith Butler lost the game for us!!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 am

Will watch Bengals - Redskins if I remember the game starts at 9:30 am - would like to see the Bengals pushed back down since I do not want the late December game in Cincy to be for the division

Will watch Falcons-Packers as the Falcons presumably will start crushing the hopes of their fans once again after good road games in Denver and Seattle

Anyone watching Jags-Titans Thursday night who does not live in Jax or Nashville presumably has a serious gambling problem
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:53 am

I'll watch whatever game is on TV.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:55 am

i don't watch unless the steelers are playing. if not for the steelers i probably wouldn't be much of a football fan
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Patriots**@Bills and Eagles@Cowboys

Rex got the Bills playing pretty good. They might take it to Brady bunch

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:20 pm

I'll watch whatever games are on in between seeing what life has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 am

Can i bump this thread for the cowboys game? I'll watch, even at the risk of watching a painful loss to the pussy cowboys.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:57 am

Eh I don't mind the cowboys. Only team I absolutely loathe is the Patriots*
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:06 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Eh I don't mind the cowboys. Only team I absolutely loathe is the Patriots***

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Cowboy fans still cry about super bowl IIIX. Saying they should've won that game if not for Jackie Harris's drop. Well he wasn't good enough to make the catch and thus the Cowboys were not good enough to win. The Cowboys were so Hollywood back then, america's favorite team (featuring the show-off 'Hollywood'Henderson. The steelers were the blue collar team no one really cared about -but we kept winning. Maybe I've become old school but I still can't stand the Cowboys, Raiders, Oilers - glad they're gone, and the brownies. Of course I don't like Pats* either but my dislike for those aforementioned teams is more deep seeded.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Damn straight I'm watching, might not be pretty but I'll be watching.
Actually I believe it will come down to the final drive to determine a winner.
Home game we kind of get our groove back but the Girls are strong as shit this year.
31-27
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:38 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Eh I don't mind the cowboys. Only team I absolutely loathe is the Patriots**

you are dead to me

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:41 pm

@vasteeler wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
Eh I don't mind the cowboys. Only team I absolutely loathe is the Patriots***

you are dead to me

I used to hate them in the 90's but they've been irrelevant for some time, it's like hating the browns.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:46 pm

yeah, i hear you with the browns. i look forward to the day i can hate them again instead of pity them

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:44 pm

I expect the team to beat Dallas by two TD's.

This is a completely different team when at home.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Yeah just hope that they can get the fans also involved with the Terrible Towels thing.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:49 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Cowboy fans still cry about super bowl IIIX. Saying they should've won that game if not for Jackie Harris's drop. Well he wasn't good enough to make the catch and thus the Cowboys were not good enough to win. The Cowboys were so Hollywood back then, america's favorite team (featuring the show-off 'Hollywood'Henderson. The steelers were the blue collar team no one really cared about -but we kept winning. Maybe I've become old school but I still can't stand the Cowboys, Raiders, Oilers - glad they're gone, and the brownies. Of course I don't like Pats** either but my dislike for those aforementioned teams is more deep seeded.

It was TE Jackie Smith who dropped a wide open sure TD.

It was a big play, they settled for a field goal....we answered with 2 TD's.

For Cowboy fans to say that drop cost them the game is a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:47 am

@FrancoLambert wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Cowboy fans still cry about super bowl IIIX. Saying they should've won that game if not for Jackie Harris's drop. Well he wasn't good enough to make the catch and thus the Cowboys were not good enough to win. The Cowboys were so Hollywood back then, america's favorite team (featuring the show-off 'Hollywood'Henderson. The steelers were the blue collar team no one really cared about -but we kept winning. Maybe I've become old school but I still can't stand the Cowboys, Raiders, Oilers - glad they're gone, and the brownies. Of course I don't like Pats*** either but my dislike for those aforementioned teams is more deep seeded.

It was TE Jackie Smith who dropped a wide open sure TD.

It was a big play, they settled for a field goal....we answered with 2 TD's.

For Cowboy fans to say that drop cost them the game is a bit of a stretch.

Wasn't that SB XIII, in 1979? That is the first super bowl I remember as a kid. Have to agree with you that I grew up hating the Browns, Oilers and Cowboys in this era.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:19 am

I'll be watching.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:29 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Cowboy fans still cry about super bowl IIIX. Saying they should've won that game if not for Jackie Harris's drop. Well he wasn't good enough to make the catch and thus the Cowboys were not good enough to win. The Cowboys were so Hollywood back then, america's favorite team (featuring the show-off 'Hollywood'Henderson. The steelers were the blue collar team no one really cared about -but we kept winning. Maybe I've become old school but I still can't stand the Cowboys, Raiders, Oilers - glad they're gone, and the brownies. Of course I don't like Pats** either but my dislike for those aforementioned teams is more deep seeded.

Joe Greene throws some shade on the 70s Cowboys sense of their own importance by saying who the 70s Steelers biggest rival was

Joe Greene reflects on life, loss and the Cowboys

Greene considers the Oakland Raiders “the team that pushed us to great heights” but he acknowledges what beating “America’s Team” meant for the Steelers.

“I guess you can say that put us in a stratosphere higher than most,” he said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2016/11/11/Joe-Starkey-Joe-Greene-reflects-on-life-loss-and-the-Cowboys/stories/201611110088
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:32 pm

^my bad, it was Jackie smith. Give me a break I was just a kid at the time too

I got to get my Roman numerals straight also. Playing the Cowboys brings up old memories. Anyway, I think we're due for a win,
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:39 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Cowboy fans still cry about super bowl IIIX. Saying they should've won that game if not for Jackie Harris's drop. Well he wasn't good enough to make the catch and thus the Cowboys were not good enough to win. The Cowboys were so Hollywood back then, america's favorite team (featuring the show-off 'Hollywood'Henderson. The steelers were the blue collar team no one really cared about -but we kept winning. Maybe I've become old school but I still can't stand the Cowboys, Raiders, Oilers - glad they're gone, and the brownies. Of course I don't like Pats*** either but my dislike for those aforementioned teams is more deep seeded.

Joe Greene throws some shade on the 70s Cowboys sense of their own importance by saying who the 70s Steelers biggest rival was

Greene considers the Oakland Raiders “the team that pushed us to great heights” but he acknowledges what beating “America’s Team” meant for the Steelers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2016/11/11/Joe-Starkey-Joe-Greene-reflects-on-life-loss-and-the-Cowboys/stories/201611110088

AD, Thank for sharing this article
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:42 am

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Cowboy fans still cry about super bowl IIIX. Saying they should've won that game if not for Jackie Harris's drop. Well he wasn't good enough to make the catch and thus the Cowboys were not good enough to win. The Cowboys were so Hollywood back then, america's favorite team (featuring the show-off 'Hollywood'Henderson. The steelers were the blue collar team no one really cared about -but we kept winning. Maybe I've become old school but I still can't stand the Cowboys, Raiders, Oilers - glad they're gone, and the brownies. Of course I don't like Pats**** either but my dislike for those aforementioned teams is more deep seeded.

AD, Thank for sharing this article

Joe Greene was the man and still is the man in my book. Joe was so quick at the snap. bet at his playing weight he'd be the best DE in todays game.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:44 am

I'm going to take a peck at it so see if its any good.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?   

Back to top Go down

Steelers Week 8: Who's Actually Watching This Week?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: