HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Ravens week (let's start drinking again)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 am

Well, there's rumors Big Ben may be playing this week, but no official word (from what I've seen).

Better yet, we've got the ratbirds coming to town with their high powered offense of throw the ball deep and hope for pass interference. The defense needs to be on alert this week as I'm sure the ratbirds coaches have done a great job of shredding film of the games we've lost.

In regards to our offense, I believe it may be better to let Landry Jones start this game and see what he can do. He should've been victorious last week if not for some poor coaching decisions late in the game as well as poor tackling on the defense.

If Jones can pull out a victory against the ratbirds, that's one extra week for Ben to heal up, get rested for the remainder of the season and a schedule which isn't going to be any easier.

Until then, Drink up Yinz bitches!"

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 am

He's playing unless he has a setback.

We're going to Bmore they visit us Christmas Day :)

As for saying Jones 'should've' won that's having blinders on. And to say start him over Ben is even worse.
I'd take 80% Ben over 120% Jones.

Fact is Ben makes the others around him 'better', Jones doesn't.
Everyone remember how great Holmes and Wallace were when they left Pittsburgh? Yeah, exactly my point.
The same would be for Brown too. Whether people want to admit it or not its the truth, he would be average at BEST without Ben.

Let's end the Ravens season this week and own the division!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:07 pm

I think we see Ben as doubtful to play this week. If Heyward, Gilbert, Rogers and Coates are back...I still think the Steelers can win with Jones at QB.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:33 pm

If there is any game I want to see a win the mos, its this one, not just a win, bury them so much and soundly, any peep out of a Ravens fan makes them like ten times more stupid than they already look.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:40 pm

So far they haven't been impressive at all. But they will probably play their best game of the year on Sunday.
I've seen a lot of their games on The Ticket and they are weak in several areas.
Their secondary would get beat up badly....if Ben was playing, which doesn't sound likely.
Their O-line has been getting beat up as well.
Joey looks like he's extremely overpaid.
And yet, with all their problems it will probably be a nail biter.

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:57 pm

why does everyone think Ben isn't playing?
We'll get the official word tomorrow I know but I think he'll be limited wednesday thursday and full friday
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:40 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
why does everyone think Ben isn't playing?
We'll get the official word tomorrow I know but I think he'll be limited wednesday thursday and full friday

Because at this age, he doesn't need to rush back and aggravate the injury. IMO, he needs to be the backup for this game, and by all means take as much time to heal and be ready for the next game.

Risking more injury, which could be season injury against a team where injuries are usually part of the final result is not smart.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:46 pm

Because the Ravens play dirty and will go right after that knee.

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Well, after this game, we will officially be at mid-season. Let's hope we begin the 2nd half 5-3!

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:08 pm

f the ravens
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:07 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
f the ravens

This right here, is the under statement of the season!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:16 am

This game is make or break. Can't lose three in a row and expect to go anywhere. No more 'unleash hell' comments - just win
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:42 am

I think we can win this game without Ben. I say we use him only in an emergency but the fact is it's the Ravens and I'll bet he plays.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:29 am

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:49 am

Tomlin gives the middle finger to Ben regarding practices being too physical  

Tomlin welcomes Steelers back with hard-hitting practice

When the Steelers returned to the UMPC Rooney Sports Complex Monday morning after a four-day break, the practice board inside the locker room read: helmets. But sometime in the next hour or so coach Mike Tomlin changed his mind and decided to put his players through a practice in full gear.

What ensued was the most physical practice the Steelers had since the team broke camp at Saint Vincent College.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/11/01/Tomlin-welcomes-Steelers-back-with-hard-hitting-practice/stories/201611010042
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:54 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Tomlin gives the middle finger to Ben regarding practices being too physical  

Tomlin welcomes Steelers back with hard-hitting practice

When the Steelers returned to the UMPC Rooney Sports Complex Monday morning after a four-day break, the practice board inside the locker room read: helmets. But sometime in the next hour or so coach Mike Tomlin changed his mind and decided to put his players through a practice in full gear.

What ensued was the most physical practice the Steelers had since the team broke camp at Saint Vincent College.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/11/01/Tomlin-welcomes-Steelers-back-with-hard-hitting-practice/stories/201611010042

Good, I'm a firm believer in "How you practice is how you play". If you practice soft you're gonna be soft. If they want to return to their physical Steelers football, they have to practice it.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Along with the "hard hitting" I hope there was an emphasis placed on "sure tackling."
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Report: Steelers expect to have Ben Roethlisberger vs. Ravens

CBS NFL insider Jason La Canfora has reported that the Steelers are expecting to have Ben Roethlisberger back for the Steelers' Week 9 game against the Ravens.

Roethlisberger underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus nearly two weeks ago after suffering the injury in Week 6 against the Dolphins.

"When the Steelers return from their bye to practice this week, team officials anticipate quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will participate in drills and be ready to face the Ravens in Week 9," La Canfora wrote. "Roethlisberger had surgery to repair a meniscus issue in his knee earlier this month, but the team's doctors expected two-to-three weeks of recovery time, and he is on schedule for that time frame."

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Steelers-expect-to-have-Ben-Roethlisberger-vs-Ravens-48628215

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Mach1 wrote:

CBS NFL insider Jason La Canfora has reported that the Steelers are expecting to have Ben Roethlisberger back for the Steelers' Week 9 game against the Ravens.

Roethlisberger underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus nearly two weeks ago after suffering the injury in Week 6 against the Dolphins.

"When the Steelers return from their bye to practice this week, team officials anticipate quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will participate in drills and be ready to face the Ravens in Week 9," La Canfora wrote. "Roethlisberger had surgery to repair a meniscus issue in his knee earlier this month, but the team's doctors expected two-to-three weeks of recovery time, and he is on schedule for that time frame."

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Steelers-expect-to-have-Ben-Roethlisberger-vs-Ravens-48628215

I'd rather see Landry Jones get the start. If he can hold his own and the defense can surely tackle during the game, then it's really another week for Ben to heal and come back against a more difficult team in Dallas. I know we can't look past the ratbirds, but I think Jones did enough last week to win the game and the results weren't of his own undoing. Maybe he's finally getting it, maybe? Regardless, what we don't need is Ben out there against a defense looking to injure him even when he's 100%.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Last Steeler Qb to win in Baltimore was Charlie Batch. Ben has sucked big time in Baltimore. Hopefully if he plays, his sucky streak will end.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:42 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Mach1 wrote:

I'd rather see Landry Jones get the start.  If he can hold his own and the defense can surely tackle during the game, then it's really another week for Ben to heal and come back against a more difficult team in Dallas.  I know we can't look past the ratbirds, but I think Jones did enough last week to win the game and the results weren't of his own undoing.  Maybe he's finally getting it, maybe? Regardless, what we don't need is Ben out there against a defense looking to injure him even when he's 100%.

No he didn't do enough because if he did they very well may have won that game. Even though I don't think it would have mattered.

So again you're saying Ben is 100% sit him and start Jones?
Why did the Cheatriots even bother bringing Brady back at being 3-1 without him?
Why did the Packers in 2014 bother playing Rodgers when his pussy calf injury 'slowed' him down? but because he played there's no excuse if it was 'that' bad you sit him regardless.

Simply put 80% of any of those guys including Ben are vastly superior than their back ups. You only play your back up QB when your main one is literally a cripple.

But to say start Jones over Ben is just insane! I'm sorry.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:06 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I'd rather see Landry Jones get the start.

This writer sums up my view

If Roethlisberger is out, that means the Steelers will probably go with Landry Jones, which is like going from a Ferrari to not having a car and being in jail for tax evasion

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-9-picks-eagles-upset-the-giants-ravens-smash-the-steelers/
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
I'd rather see Landry Jones get the start.

This writer sums up my view

If Roethlisberger is out, that means the Steelers will probably go with Landry Jones, which is like going from a Ferrari to not having a car and being in jail for tax evasion

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-9-picks-eagles-upset-the-giants-ravens-smash-the-steelers/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:18 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Mach1 wrote:

I'd rather see Landry Jones get the start.  If he can hold his own and the defense can surely tackle during the game, then it's really another week for Ben to heal and come back against a more difficult team in Dallas.  I know we can't look past the ratbirds, but I think Jones did enough last week to win the game and the results weren't of his own undoing.  Maybe he's finally getting it, maybe? Regardless, what we don't need is Ben out there against a defense looking to injure him even when he's 100%.

No he didn't do enough because if he did they very well may have won that game. Even though I don't think it would have mattered.

Why did the Cheatriots even bother bringing Brady back at being 3-1 without him?
Why did the Packers in 2014 bother playing Rodgers when his pussy calf injury 'slowed' him down? but because he played there's no excuse if it was 'that' bad you sit him regardless.

Simply put 80% of any of those guys including Ben are vastly superior than their back ups. You only play your back up QB when your main one is literally a cripple.

First, I believe Jones did do enough to win the game last week and it was more the screwed up coaching in the 4th as well as a swiss cheese defense that didn't help him out. But that's water under the bridge.

Second, IF Ben were at 100% I'd have no problem with him being out there, but let's face it, Ben -most likely- isn't at 100% (and I'm talking specifically on the injured knee). And playing a team with the history of brutal games and additional injuries doesn't make me feel any more confident if his knee isn't 100%. I keep hearing 'sweep the leg'. I just don't think Ben's knee is 100% ready and I feel confident Jones can win this game in Baltimore. Worse case scenario is Ben is backup to Jones should Jones prove himself unable to handle the game.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:45 am

stlrtruck wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Mach1 wrote:

First, I believe Jones did do enough to win the game last week and it was more the screwed up coaching in the 4th as well as a swiss cheese defense that didn't help him out.  But that's water under the bridge.

Second, IF Ben were at 100% I'd have no problem with him being out there, but let's face it, Ben -most likely- isn't at 100% (and I'm talking specifically on the injured knee).  And playing a team with the history of brutal games and additional injuries doesn't make me feel any more confident if his knee isn't 100%.  I keep hearing 'sweep the leg'.  I just don't think Ben's knee is 100% ready and I feel confident Jones can win this game in Baltimore.  Worse case scenario is Ben is backup to Jones should Jones prove himself unable to handle the game.

You're still wrong whether you want to see it that way or not.
He won't play if HE doesn't feel comfortable. And specifically Ben said he has to feel good with the following: dropping back, stepping into a throw, and rolling out.

But you also failed to address my 2 other arguments:
Why did the Cheatriots waste their time bringing Brady back? They were 3-1 without him what's the point.
And in 2014 when Aaron 'God' Rodgers pulled his poor calf muscle for the NFC title game he still played.

Fact is all 3 give you the BEST chance to WIN regardless. But based on your method of thinking why risk Brady? or why Risk Rodgers?
I guess we should just hold Ben out if and when we make the playoffs then.

I'll even admit I don't think he will play all that well cause he never does after an injury and game speed is different than practice.
Having said that once again 80% Ben is still 'better' than 100% Jones.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens week (let's start drinking again)   

Back to top Go down

Ravens week (let's start drinking again)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: